ImageImageImageImageImage

Why its time to trade Kyle Lowry

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

anotherhomer
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,992

Re: Why its time to trade Kyle Lowry 

Post#161 » by anotherhomer » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:32 pm

Duffman100 wrote:
brownbobcat wrote:
SFour wrote:Lowry to Sixers makes too much sense.....Raptors have all the leverage now.

I'll have the #3 Maxey and 2 first rounder special combo with a sider order of pick swaps.

Maxey and a 1st would do it for me.

honestly, this is a realistic trade

or maybe shake milton, 1st and 2nd since they unlikely trade maxey
Marty_Budda
Sixth Man
And1: 2,801

Post#162 » by Marty_Budda » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:33 pm

mdenny wrote:
PhilBlackson wrote:
mdenny wrote:I'm getting the feeling that most of us have extremely unrealistic expectations for what we can get for norm and Kyle.

Cancelling out whatever expiring/waived salaries are exchanged: kyle is worth an average prospect plus a late first. Norm is worth a late second OR an average prospect.

Sounds good to me.

Me too. We should trade them.

Maxey/thybulle, Green and a 1st for Kyle. I think it works great for everyone.
Bruin
RealGM
And1: 38,587

Post#163 » by Bruin » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:37 pm

If Philly is hesitant on Maxey + Danny + FRP I’d even be willing to do Maxey + Danny. Maxey would be a better haul than a late first and Thybulle. Maxey would be a core building block of the future for us. Can’t really say the same for Thybulle.
Inevitable
RealGM
And1: 134,630

Post#164 » by Inevitable » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:38 pm

Lowry
Seth
Simmons
Tobias
Embiid

Is an incredibly balanced starting roster that makes them at least ECF contenders, I think Philly really needs to think about this.
tecumseh18
RealGM
And1: 10,088

Post#165 » by tecumseh18 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:51 pm

Raps are NOT getting Maxey. At least not before the trade deadline, and not even then unless Heat engage hard in the bidding war for Lowry.

I'd be happy with a couple of top five protected firsts from the Sixers - 2022 and 2024. The double cohort year, and who knows where they'll be in 2024.
PhilBlackson
RealGM
And1: 42,242

Post#166 » by PhilBlackson » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:00 am

h4rrison wrote:
PhilBlackson wrote:
h4rrison wrote:
Why not? I wouldn't mind having THT, fillers, and some picks.

I can think of 30 million reasons a trade for Lowry makes no sense for Lakers especially giving up their best young and CHEAP asset to do so when they already have Schroeder fighting for more minutes at PG and have stated they are trying to bring along THT (who LeBron has endorsed) as the Spurs did Kawhi....but hey you want THT so that's how this works in your NBA2K bubble without any regard for reality.

Schroeder is a combo guard and can play with Lowry if they decide to keep him. No trade is out of the realm considering Lowry is an "expiring" and we know the power the Lakers hold. Dump any long term salary for Lowry and retool next year with the extra cap space or use his bird rights to resign. Definitely not a 0% chance.

It's easy to just say "dump salary" but you actually have to PRESENT a package where it works LOL or again you think this is just NBA2K...$30 million is a TON of salary to match without Bron or AD being involved lol

Don't make an easy cop out, actually SHOW me how Lakers match salaries in order for us to get THT (who again LeBron has strongly endorsed and the franchise is very excited about)....I'LL WAIT

Now post how you make the dollars match, if not you're just posting a pipedream (which you are).
>>>SCOTTIEALLSTARSEASON<<< -- U KNOW THE VIBEZ :guitar: Club Shai Shai
Taking names of who OG will be better than Shaedon: DelAbbott, ThaCynic, pingpongrac, Los_29, OakleyDokley
Raptors Realtor
Analyst
And1: 2,854

Post#167 » by Raptors Realtor » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:04 am

tecumseh18 wrote:Raps are NOT getting Maxey. At least not before the trade deadline, and not even then unless Heat engage hard in the bidding war for Lowry.

I'd be happy with a couple of top five protected firsts from the Sixers - 2022 and 2024. The double cohort year, and who knows where they'll be in 2024.

That's a pretty underwhelming return. If we're going to trade Lowry who is still a very productive player on both ends, and would move the needle on any team, I'd want a decent (tangible) prospect who can step into the rotation immediately and a pick, and I don't think that's unreasonable.
h4rrison
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,102

Post#168 » by h4rrison » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:43 am

PhilBlackson wrote:
h4rrison wrote:
PhilBlackson wrote:
I can think of 30 million reasons a trade for Lowry makes no sense for Lakers especially giving up their best young and CHEAP asset to do so when they already have Schroeder fighting for more minutes at PG and have stated they are trying to bring along THT (who LeBron has endorsed) as the Spurs did Kawhi....but hey you want THT so that's how this works in your NBA2K bubble without any regard for reality.

Schroeder is a combo guard and can play with Lowry if they decide to keep him. No trade is out of the realm considering Lowry is an "expiring" and we know the power the Lakers hold. Dump any long term salary for Lowry and retool next year with the extra cap space or use his bird rights to resign. Definitely not a 0% chance.

It's easy to just say "dump salary" but you actually have to PRESENT a package where it works LOL or again you think this is just NBA2K...$30 million is a TON of salary to match without Bron or AD being involved lol

Don't make an easy cop out, actually SHOW me how Lakers match salaries in order for us to get THT (who again LeBron has strongly endorsed and the franchise is very excited about)....I'LL WAIT

Now post how you make the dollars match, if not you're just posting a pipedream (which you are).

KCP, Shroeder, THT work once the recently signed lockup period ends. So def feasible. You're overvaluing THT's value in this scenario for the Lakers. Lakers/LBJ would definitely trade THT if it offers them a better chance at the title. Salary matching might be a struggle but letting go of THT wouldn't be a difficult decision from Lakers' end.
Kingsway_fan
RealGM
And1: 8,890

Post#169 » by Kingsway_fan » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:23 am

We need multiple picks for Lowry, frps , spread over years... make it happen masai
isyed
Starter
And1: 313

Post#170 » by isyed » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:34 am

With the arms race already in play it makes this even more interesting. Who is the next best contendor with picks and assets. Nets, Lakers and clippers already tapped out. It's most likely Philly. It only makes sense that Kyle is from there and will extend with them.

Green, Scott, their young players and some picks as well as swaps. Not as crazy as harden but something has to happen.

Kyle hasn't dropped off in production and would be a perfect fit with everyone else on the team. They can keep their shooters. Just salary cap fillers and 2 frp and a swap is enough for me.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using RealGM mobile app
Kingsway_fan
RealGM
And1: 8,890

Post#171 » by Kingsway_fan » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:43 am

isyed wrote:With the arms race already in play it makes this even more interesting. Who is the next best contendor with picks and assets. Nets, Lakers and clippers already tapped out. It's most likely Philly. It only makes sense that Kyle is from there and will extend with them.

Green, Scott, their young players and some picks as well as swaps. Not as crazy as harden but something has to happen.

Kyle hasn't dropped off in production and would be a perfect fit with everyone else on the team. They can keep their shooters. Just salary cap fillers and 2 frp and a swap is enough for me.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using RealGM mobile app

Yrp. Cap fillers plus frps and frp exchanges... thats what we want and need....
metafisical
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,743

Post#172 » by metafisical » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:57 am

Be careful about thinking Lowry is more valuable than he actually is. I know he is valuable to us and is still a great player, but he is a one season rental to whomever trades for him. That being said, I do hope we can fleece another team if we indeed trade him.
I acknowledge and thank the lək̓ʷəŋən peoples of the Songhees, Esquimalt and W̱SÁNEĆ First Nations for allowing me to live, work and play on their unceded traditional territories. I also acknowledge the Métis Charter Community of Victoria.
gp2015
RealGM
And1: 10,128

Post#173 » by gp2015 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:10 am

metafisical wrote:Be careful about thinking Lowry is more valuable than he actually is. I know he is valuable to us and is still a great player, but he is a one season rental to whomever trades for him. That being said, I do hope we can fleece another team if we indeed trade him.

I doubt he would mind finishing the rest of his career in Philly.
"I'm doing what I love to do. So if I can never walk again because of what I love to do, that's a chance I'll take. I'll die on the court." - Alvin Williams
S.W.A.N
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,511

Post#174 » by S.W.A.N » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:01 am

Kyle to philly works on so many levels. As long as the return is decent I say do it. Otherwise trade him to a legit contender. We need to do right by him, and start looking to the future.
We the North
baller16
Lead Assistant
And1: 10,548

Post#175 » by baller16 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:13 am

We can't get both Maxey and Thybulle for Lowry. I think best case scenario would be Maxey +1st+filler, but the more likely package would be Thybulle+1st+filler
HKBOY
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,554

Post#176 » by HKBOY » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:17 am

The good but not great teams like Philly and Dallas will get desperate after the Harden trade, Lowry's value is definitely going up.
omar36
Analyst
And1: 4,708

Post#177 » by omar36 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:24 am

HKBOY wrote:The good but not great teams like Philly and Dallas will get desperate after the Harden trade, Lowry's value is definitely going up.

philly can still win the east without him but with lowry , its a gurantee and a legitmate shot agaisnt lakers (tho i tihnk lakers win).

dallas i can see targeting pascal, we would be the perfect 2/3 guy for that team and fits with their core and is locked up.

raps have options for basically everyone on the team
HKBOY
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,554

Post#178 » by HKBOY » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:28 am

omar36 wrote:
HKBOY wrote:The good but not great teams like Philly and Dallas will get desperate after the Harden trade, Lowry's value is definitely going up.

philly can still win the east without him but with lowry , its a gurantee and a legitmate shot agaisnt lakers (tho i tihnk lakers win).

dallas i can see targeting pascal, we would be the perfect 2/3 guy for that team and fits with their core and is locked up.

We aren't trading Pascal. If we are doing a quick tank, Pascal, FVV and OG would definitely be back.
TD2FutureStar
Sixth Man
And1: 1,369

Post#179 » by TD2FutureStar » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:32 am

baller16 wrote:We can't get both Maxey and Thybulle for Lowry. I think best case scenario would be Maxey +1st+filler, but the more likely package would be Thybulle+1st+filler

Include Knicks 2nd and its a no brainer
omar36
Analyst
And1: 4,708

Post#180 » by omar36 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:02 am

HKBOY wrote:
omar36 wrote:

We aren't trading Pascal. If we are doing a quick tank, Pascal, FVV and OG would definitely be back.

fair tho i dont see how losing just lowry makes us a bottom 3 team lol. we arnet that hopeless.

I was also talkin bout mavs for pascal bc thats more logical not a 1 year expiring for a pg. pascal is a proven 2 way championship level number 2/3. the perfect fit besides luka/kp imo

Return to Toronto Raptors