ImageImageImageImageImage

Nets get Harden

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

SFour
RealGM
And1: 58,408

Re: Nets get Harden 

Post#261 » by SFour » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:03 am

metafisical wrote:
niQ wrote:Not sure if the "potential" Philly offer was posted here:

Read on Twitter

Lol. People posting on here thinking we can get Thybulle, Maxey, filler and unprotected picks for Lowry need to see what Philly rejected for the Harden trade. Lowry is older and is a rental. We ain't getting all that for Lowry. LMAO

I'm pretty sure Raptors aren't asking for Ben Simmons and 3-4 first round picks for Lowry......nice try though

Thybulle, Maxey, filler, and 1 first round pick for Lowry is not ridiculous at all....especially since Sixers are now desperate with the Nets becoming the Eastern favourites
KL78192020
RealGM
And1: 14,427

Post#262 » by KL78192020 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:46 am

SFour wrote:
metafisical wrote:

Read on Twitter

Lol. People posting on here thinking we can get Thybulle, Maxey, filler and unprotected picks for Lowry need to see what Philly rejected for the Harden trade. Lowry is older and is a rental. We ain't getting all that for Lowry. LMAO

I'm pretty sure Raptors aren't asking for Ben Simmons and 3-4 first round picks for Lowry......nice try though

Thybulle, Maxey, filler, and 1 first round pick for Lowry is not ridiculous at all....especially since Sixers are now desperate with the Nets becoming the Eastern favourites

Even two out of a 1st round pick/Maxey/Thybulle should be doable, although they might reluctent on Maxey as hes been playing great for them.
arbsn
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,627

Post#263 » by arbsn » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:55 am

damn Jarret Allen getting traded for basically nothing... shows you the value of having even late FRPs
Randle McMurphy
RealGM
And1: 19,294

Post#264 » by Randle McMurphy » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:06 am

junot111 wrote:
Randle McMurphy wrote:
junot111 wrote:Seriously? The Lakers depth was a major talking point throughout the playoffs.

Rondo, Caruso, Kuzma, Morris off the bench. All played well in the bubble.

Meanwhile the Nets will have Shamet, TLC, Bruce Brown, and Jeff Green coming off the bench. There is a huge drop off in talent.

Those Lakers are all literal NBA scrubs except for playoff Rondo. The Lakers won because of LeBron (mainly) and AD's talent level and really little else.

You can't just win with two players... Their bench helped put them over the top by actually being playable while their star players were resting.

If you think those guys are scrubs, then I'd love to see what word you use to describe the Nets bench. Any lead that Kyrie/Harden/KD build up will be blown away so fast once they sit.

So play one or two at all times. This isn't difficult. It's arguably the most talented trio in the history of basketball. They're going to win a title unless Kyrie goes completely off the deep end.
One flew east, one flew west, one flew over the cuckoo’s nest.
omar36
Analyst
And1: 4,708

Post#265 » by omar36 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:13 am

doestn really concern us, we werent at the contenders in the east anywways lol. good on nets tho for risking it. I still tihnk pihlly beats em
TdotBasketball
Bench Warmer
And1: 2,289

Post#266 » by TdotBasketball » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:21 am

Read on Twitter
TorontoRapsFan
Sixth Man
And1: 1,367

Post#267 » by TorontoRapsFan » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:37 am

They should have taken the sixers offer. I wouldn't be surprised if Harden told the Rockets he'd torpedo a trades to other teams if it's not the Nets. Lots of picks, but they all could easily be 25-30 range picks. And then going and trading Levert for an expiring Oladipo with no guarantee will resign is all kinds of odd.
brownbobcat
Head Coach
And1: 3,230

Post#268 » by brownbobcat » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:44 am

metafisical wrote:Lol. People posting on here thinking we can get Thybulle, Maxey, filler and unprotected picks for Lowry need to see what Philly rejected for the Harden trade. Lowry is older and is a rental. We ain't getting all that for Lowry. LMAO

Maybe it's the homer in me, but I don't see why not. Thybulle plays 12 mins a night right now and can't shoot. He'll be nailed to the bench in the playoffs. Their picks will be in the low 20s at best over the next few years or maybe even late 20s with Lowry, the protection is irrelevant.

With Harris' contract almost certainly getting moved by next year, I think it makes sense for them to go for it now if they're only giving up the 8th/9th guys. They don't have a high level backup behind Simmons right now. With Lowry, they could stagger the minutes so that 1 is always on the floor and both together for long stretches.
brownbobcat
Head Coach
And1: 3,230

Post#269 » by brownbobcat » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:55 am

Yosemite Dan wrote:I'm imagining 2 headcases trying to get thiers and limiting KD's effectiveness (who needs the ball in his hands quite a bit to be the most effective). And then for good measure will undermine the coach. And none of these guys are Lebron, who's much smarter, and learned to adapt and change his style to maximize his effectiveness with Wade and Kyrie. Unless they trade away Kyrie for some decent size and depth then its gonna be a train wreck in the playoffs. This trio as is are not getting a sniff of the title. Last time KD played GM was not too long ago partnering with Kyrie which has already been a disaster.

I get the narrative but I don't think it matters at all with this much talent. Even without Kyrie, they'll be 3rd seed at worst and easily make it to the ECF. Harden is an extraordinary creator, KD can absolutely play off him and still iso plenty. LeBron at his peak couldn't handle GSW at full strength and Brooklyn has that type of potential. Assuming Kyrie doesn't fall off the edge of the earth, they're headed to the Finals.
MavCarter
RealGM
And1: 30,987

Post#270 » by MavCarter » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:59 pm

SFour wrote:
metafisical wrote:

Read on Twitter

Propose your trade on the sixers board and see how the react
#Enjoytheride
T-d0t
General Manager
And1: 12,914

Post#271 » by T-d0t » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:16 pm

Maxey is out of the question boys. Best we can do with Philly is Thybulle and Milton +1st
aminiaturebuddha
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,414

Post#272 » by aminiaturebuddha » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:24 pm

T-d0t wrote:Maxey is out of the question boys. Best we can do with Philly is Thybulle and Milton +1st

Sorry if I'm missing something, but I keep seeing people tossing these names around. Wouldn't we need someone else to make the salaries work? The Raptors don't have a massive trade exception, to my knowledge. So how do we trade Lowry to the 6ers without taking back Harris (ugh) or some combination of Green, Mike Scott and others?

This is a serious question. I'm not sure how people think Lowry for Thybulle, Milton or Maxey works. What am I missing?
T-d0t
General Manager

Post#273 » by T-d0t » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:29 pm

aminiaturebuddha wrote:
T-d0t wrote:Maxey is out of the question boys. Best we can do with Philly is Thybulle and Milton +1st

Sorry if I'm missing something, but I keep seeing people tossing these names around. Wouldn't we need someone else to make the salaries work? The Raptors don't have a massive trade exception, to my knowledge. So how do we trade Lowry to the 6ers without taking back Harris (ugh) or some combination of Green, Mike Scott and others?

This is a serious question. I'm not sure how people think Lowry for Thybulle, Milton or Maxey works. What am I missing?
Ya but Green/Scott aren't worth mentioning so I just posted the real assets we would get back. Obviously trade filler is needed

Both Scott/Green would be WOA (Waived on Arrival)
Sandman88
Head Coach
And1: 6,527

Post#274 » by Sandman88 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:44 pm

Hard pass then
T-d0t
General Manager

Post#275 » by T-d0t » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:01 pm

Sandman88 wrote:

Hard pass then

If thats the best deal (underwhelming I know) we should take it rather than let Lowry leave in the offseason for nothing.
Tofubeque
RealGM
And1: 14,185

Post#276 » by Tofubeque » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:05 pm

If Masai trades Lowry, a probable HOFer still playing damn well, for that return, we should hope Masai doesn't get extended. He should be fired.

Seriously, that's Vince trade levels of bad.
props Turbozone
T-d0t
General Manager

Post#277 » by T-d0t » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:15 pm

Tofubeque wrote:

If Masai trades Lowry, a probable HOFer still playing damn well, for that return, we should hope Masai doesn't get extended. He should be fired.

Seriously, that's Vince trade levels of bad.

You need to consider some nuance here.

- Lowry is 34, turning 35 on trade deadline day
- this season he's been on/off but still an above-average starter. Is he an all-star this season? He hasn't played up to it so far.
- He's making 30m so his contract will be hard to match unless its a multi-team trade
- How many contending teams need a PG? Philly is the obvious one but I can't think of more obvious ones right now
- Lowry is an expiring contract this offseason so we either need to overpay him or he leaves for nothing.
Hit Em Up
Assistant Coach
And1: 8,778

Post#278 » by Hit Em Up » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:22 pm

We should have gotten in on the 3-way for Allen. All Cavs traded was Exum and a FRP for Allen?
Danny1616
General Manager
And1: 12,725

Post#279 » by Danny1616 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:27 pm

Hit Em Up wrote:We should have gotten in on the 3-way for Allen. All Cavs traded was Exum and a FRP for Allen?

Yes that was what struck me as well.

I'm sure Norm and a draft pick would have been better.

Allen would solve a lot of our interior issues.
Hero
RealGM
And1: 53,363

Post#280 » by Hero » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:47 pm

raptorstime wrote:Lakers Nets Finals

Lakers 4-2 Nets

Giannis just signed an extension and now's he's got this to deal with.

Return to Toronto Raptors