ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Trades and Transactions Ideas Thread

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

8516knicks
Head Coach
And1: 4,815

Re: Official Trades and Transactions Ideas Thread 

Post#301 » by 8516knicks » Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:11 am

cgf wrote:
rajajackal wrote:https://tradenba.com/trades/-YAniAwVY

NYK get: tyrese haliburton, harrison barnes
SAC get: julius randle, rj barrett, reggie bullock

The new lotto odds make going all out with the tank not really worth it.

We only pick good in 2nd round.
8516knicks
Head Coach

Post#302 » by 8516knicks » Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:14 am

At least we didn't go after Kyrie who seems to have fallen off the end of the FLAT EARTH.
WargamesX
General Manager
And1: 6,478

Post#303 » by WargamesX » Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:14 am

8516knicks wrote:
cgf wrote:
rajajackal wrote:https://tradenba.com/trades/-YAniAwVY

NYK get: tyrese haliburton, harrison barnes
SAC get: julius randle, rj barrett, reggie bullock

I would love that trade..... if we could keep RJ.....
Matthew 6:5
Luke 15:3-7
8516knicks
Head Coach

Post#304 » by 8516knicks » Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:30 am

WargamesX wrote:
8516knicks wrote:
cgf wrote:

I'm over RJ - can't shoot.
cgf
RealGM
And1: 9,757

Post#305 » by cgf » Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:05 am

WargamesX wrote:
8516knicks wrote:
cgf wrote:

It would be pretty funny to watch how quickly folks on here decided that Haliburton was a bust too, especially with how blown their minds would be when RJ continued to improve next season :dontknow:
cgmw wrote:Basically, in conclusion: I'd like Dolan to get off my lawn.

Capn'O wrote:We're not the kid cousin. We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,443

Post#306 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:36 am

thebuzzardman wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
I don't think the team has the stomach to wait and see what happens with RJ if they can get someone now who they know can do it in this league. We already passed up on Hayward when he would've been a perfect fit even if it is an overpay. We're going to have to overpay at some point anyhow. That's just how professional sports works these days. I'm not saying Lavine is necessarily "the guy" (I'm not crazy about him) but think we need to be thinking along these lines.

Lavine is a part of my Knicks won’t wait plan. I don’t think they’ll need to part with RJB for it.

I know you’re sick of the crappy product but some
Of these shortsighted moves won’t leave us much better. Smarter move to add to the kids who are keepers. We have cap space and some extra assets to make it happen

Frank + Mav's 2023 for Lavine

How fcking dare you trigger me. :x
Free Palestine
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#307 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:46 am

Read on Twitter
?s=20
Free Palestine
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,349

Post#308 » by dakomish23 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:25 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
Lavine is a part of my Knicks won’t wait plan. I don’t think they’ll need to part with RJB for it.

I know you’re sick of the crappy product but some
Of these shortsighted moves won’t leave us much better. Smarter move to add to the kids who are keepers. We have cap space and some extra assets to make it happen

Frank + Mav's 2023 for Lavine

How fcking dare you trigger me. :x

Buzz just wants his Frank to mavs prophecy to come true
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,349

Post#309 » by dakomish23 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:41 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

I’d still take him.

So would everyone else. They’ll just only admit it after he’s in a NYK jersey.

Amazing talent.

I just wouldn’t make him the centerpiece
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#310 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:13 am

dakomish23 wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

I’d still take him.

So would everyone else. They’ll just only admit it after he’s in a NYK jersey.

Amazing talent.

I just wouldn’t make him the centerpiece

Okay. Payton and DSJ for Kyrie. Sold.
Free Palestine
DowNY
RealGM
And1: 10,366

Post#311 » by DowNY » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:59 am

RJ, Knox, Frank, Iggy, Randle & Mavs 2023 1st (Knicks 2024 1st too maybe? Or a pick flipped from a Burks deal) for Harden leaves enough cap space room to sign Kawhi I believe.

Immanuel Quickley
James Harden
Kawhi Leonard
Obi Toppin
Mitchell Robinson

+ Rivers & our 1st rd pick(s) this year (I would trade both picks plus IQ, Obi or Mitch to move up for Cade, Suggs or Green).
rajajackal
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,313

Post#312 » by rajajackal » Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:50 pm

https://tradenba.com/trades/OKT-tmYex

NYK get Butler
MIA get Harden
HOU gets Randle, RJ, Herro, Noel, Avery Bradley, a DAL 1st
cgf
RealGM

Post#313 » by cgf » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:55 pm

Sell vets at the deadline for picks if possible, otherwise keep it small. Stuff like Ntilikina for another team's reclamation project (Nassir Little please), or using the Mavs pick to secure a pending RFA like Lonzo if the Pels decide to move on.

Other than that just focus on developing what we have in house, collect a nice pick in this talented class + whatever later picks we'll have, move around the draft as needed, and try to snag THT (or GTJ) in RFA. If all goes well, see how competitive we look next season with something like:

Starters:
Mitch Robinson
Julius Randle
RJ Barrett
Talen Horton-Tucker (or Gary Trent Jr.)
Lonzo Ball

Bench:
Obi Toppin
Kevin Knox II*
Ziaire Williams
Alec Burks
Imannuel Quickley

Nassir Little* (or Frank Ntilikina)
Jared Butler
Scottie Lewis
Taj Gibson (or some other assistant coach/old-big)

Capn'O wrote:We're not the kid cousin. We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.
8516knicks
Head Coach

Post#314 » by 8516knicks » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:37 pm

cgf wrote:Sell vets at the deadline for picks if possible, otherwise keep it small. Stuff like Ntilikina for another team's reclamation project (Nassir Little please), or using the Mavs pick to secure a pending RFA like Lonzo if the Pels decide to move on.

Other than that just focus on developing what we have in house, collect a nice pick in this talented class + whatever later picks we'll have, move around the draft as needed, and try to snag THT (or GTJ) in RFA. If all goes well, see how competitive we look next season with something like:

Starters:
Mitch Robinson
Julius Randle
RJ Barrett
Talen Horton-Tucker (or Gary Trent Jr.)
Lonzo Ball

Bench:
Obi Toppin
Kevin Knox II*
Ziaire Williams
Alec Burks
Imannuel Quickley

Nassir Little* (or Frank Ntilikina)
Jared Butler
Scottie Lewis
Taj Gibson (or some other assistant coach/old-big)

Not bad but for RJ. Need another competent shooter with Mitch ( and Lonzo ) not shooters.
WargamesX
General Manager

Post#315 » by WargamesX » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:24 am

Knicks need to trade Randle because they might as well go full rebuild
cgf
RealGM

Post#316 » by cgf » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:17 am

Julius does make almost exactly the same as Garland+Prince, and Cleveland would really benefit from pairing an allstar caliber pointforward with Sexton...

Snacks
Rookie
And1: 1,114

Post#317 » by Snacks » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:48 am

I’m sold on the quiver combo at pt guard
I’m so happy with Mitch and the Knicks D
This squad needs firepower. Lavine is the perfect fit
Thibs would do wonders with Q/Burks/Lavine backed up by RJ and Rivers
Mitch
Towns
OG
Spida
JB
knickstape4ever
Head Coach
And1: 7,026

Post#318 » by knickstape4ever » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:59 am

I thought the Blazers would be a good trade partner for Randle, but now I saw they traded their 1st (lotto protected) to HOU

Kings make sense to me. They need to start winning soon before Fox wants out (even tho he did sign an extension). the Bagley situation seems like it's best for them to move on, and they actually do have talent so they should be trying to win: Fox, Hali, Hield, Barnes are solid. surprised they let Bogdan walk tho.

Why the Knicks do it:
Randle has been great, but what is his future here after drafting Obi? I wouldn't trade him for pennies, but if they can get good value they should explore it b/c Obi was drafted to be the PF of the future, otherwise they would've gone PG. + Randle's fit w/ RJ/Mitch is questionable b/c they lack spacing.

This deal would net a couple 1sts, and Nesmith (need shooting) which IMO is good value, and the Kings 1st very well could be a lottery pick. the young talent has been so inconsistent that they should continue to stockpile picks b/c more picks=better chance of hitting on 1 of them

Why the Kings do it:
The Bagley situation isn't good: 1) he's underperformed his draft status (made worse by Luka) 2) there's drama surrounding him and his dad's twitter trade request (which Fox's dad was in favor of, kinda goes to show there are issues)

Randle would give them an upgrade and a shot to compete for a playoff spot (since the NBA thinks a play-in tournament is a good idea) and they'd have a solid young core. They already have a star in Fox, adding late lottery picks isn't gonna help them win sooner, but Randle will and Randle is likely better than whoever they would take w/ that 1st/helps them win now

Why the Celtics do it:

buying low on #2 overall pick from just 3 years ago. they could use a big and Nesmith + a pick that's likely a very late 1st is worth it IMO. maybe a change of scenery helps Bagley reach his potential, and the Celtics are as good a team as any for him to develop on
WargamesX
General Manager

Post#319 » by WargamesX » Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:13 am

knickstape4ever wrote:I thought the Blazers would be a good trade partner for Randle, but now I saw they traded their 1st (lotto protected) to HOU

Kings make sense to me. They need to start winning soon before Fox wants out (even tho he did sign an extension). the Bagley situation seems like it's best for them to move on, and they actually do have talent so they should be trying to win: Fox, Hali, Hield, Barnes are solid. surprised they let Bogdan walk tho.

Why the Knicks do it:
Randle has been great, but what is his future here after drafting Obi? I wouldn't trade him for pennies, but if they can get good value they should explore it b/c Obi was drafted to be the PF of the future, otherwise they would've gone PG. + Randle's fit w/ RJ/Mitch is questionable b/c they lack spacing.

This deal would net a couple 1sts, and Nesmith (need shooting) which IMO is good value, and the Kings 1st very well could be a lottery pick. the young talent has been so inconsistent that they should continue to stockpile picks b/c more picks=better chance of hitting on 1 of them

Why the Kings do it:
The Bagley situation isn't good: 1) he's underperformed his draft status (made worse by Luka) 2) there's drama surrounding him and his dad's twitter trade request (which Fox's dad was in favor of, kinda goes to show there are issues)

Randle would give them an upgrade and a shot to compete for a playoff spot (since the NBA thinks a play-in tournament is a good idea) and they'd have a solid young core. They already have a star in Fox, adding late lottery picks isn't gonna help them win sooner, but Randle will and Randle is likely better than whoever they would take w/ that 1st/helps them win now

Why the Celtics do it:

buying low on #2 overall pick from just 3 years ago. they could use a big and Nesmith + a pick that's likely a very late 1st is worth it IMO. maybe a change of scenery helps Bagley reach his potential, and the Celtics are as good a team as any for him to develop on

I legitimately love this trade idea.
knickstape4ever
Head Coach
And1: 7,026

Post#320 » by knickstape4ever » Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:20 am

WargamesX wrote:
knickstape4ever wrote:I thought the Blazers would be a good trade partner for Randle, but now I saw they traded their 1st (lotto protected) to HOU

Why the Knicks do it:

Why the Kings do it:

Why the Celtics do it:

I legitimately love this trade idea.

I did think I was giving the Knicks/Kings too much so considered Langford instead of Nesmith and Celtics 1st going to Kings, but Julius has legitimately been playing All-star ball and is the reason this isn't the worst team in the NBA; he can help a team

Return to New York Knicks