46%

Total votes: 65

ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,002

Poll: Simmons/Thybulle/? vs Oladipo, pick swaps and four 1sts 

Post#1 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:23 am

What are you taking? I'm taking Simmons vs the uncertainty of those picks. I think? I don't know.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,392

Re: Poll: Simmons/Thybulle/? vs Oladipo, pick swaps and four 1sts 

Post#2 » by trwi7 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:34 am

stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
buckbeer
Bench Warmer
And1: 874

Post#3 » by buckbeer » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:00 am

I think Simmons is overrated and can't shoot the 3, Oladipo is the better player. I vote the Nets package.
StickeeFingaz
RealGM
And1: 6,645

Post#4 » by StickeeFingaz » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:07 am

Think I would rather have Simmons.
#FreeChuckDiesel
SirChurros
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,798

Post#5 » by SirChurros » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:14 am

Give me Oladipo and the picks every day. Mainly because I don't think a healthy Simmons is any better than a healthy Oladipo.
tedbrogen
Analyst
And1: 2,827

Post#6 » by tedbrogen » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:09 am

From the Rockets owners perspective, Nets package because it has more picks and he is going to flip Dipo or let him walk to save money.

If I were a Rockets fan, I’d want Simmons because there is a decent chance those are late first and swaps that don’t matter. At least Simmons is locked up for a couple years and is someone to build around. They already have some nice shooters to surround him with.

As a Bucks fan, glad they went with the Nets package. Kyrie can blow that team up internally. Philly would have fixed a lot of their issues by creating much better spacing with Harden for Embiid to operate in the paint. Plus, Harden/Embiid PnR would generate open looks every time they run it. Offensive cheat code assuming Harden and Embiid don’t eat themselves out of the league first.
brettski
Analyst
And1: 1,733

Post#7 » by brettski » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:50 am

In the right situation I view Simmons as Giannis lite. But still a really really good player you could build a team around. I'd have loved for the trade to go down to see how Simmons as the alpha would work. But in a vacuum I think Houston did really well.
MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:Mark my words....Gooden will be this year's teams MVP. Watch and see.....

http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=1139340&start=15&p=29252753&view=show#p29252753
BucksFanSD
Veteran
And1: 1,363

Post#8 » by BucksFanSD » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:57 am

Simmons can't shoot, can't score... Houston has the right idea it what appears to be a 3-5 year re-build. This has a chance to be a real good deal for them depending to what happens to the Nets down the road (it could backfire for the Nets).
freewhitemoon
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,351

Post#9 » by freewhitemoon » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:44 am

Oladipo is like 80% the athlete he used to be pre-injury and it isn't coming back. It's still close though but i guess I would take Simmons
buckboy
RealGM
And1: 7,902

Post#10 » by buckboy » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:57 am

Oladipo isn't better than Simmons. Come on.

Having said that, I'd probably take the Nets package. Those later picks could be huge
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
buckboy
RealGM
And1: 7,902

Post#11 » by buckboy » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:59 am

Krispy Kreme wrote:Give me Oladipo and the picks every day. Mainly because I don't think a healthy Simmons is any better than a healthy Oladipo.

Oladipo will never be healthy again though.
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
BucksFanSD
Veteran
And1: 1,363

Post#12 » by BucksFanSD » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:10 am

I think Simmons is who he is. He doesn't appear to be getting any better from age 20 to 24. Same progression as Wiggins.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,712

Post#13 » by emunney » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:46 am

Cleveland did alright here to get Allen for our '22 pick.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
buckbeer
Bench Warmer

Post#14 » by buckbeer » Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:09 am

Apparently, it's the Rockets that traded LeVert and a 2nd round pick to the Pacers for Oladipo in a separate deal.
buckbeer
Bench Warmer

Post#15 » by buckbeer » Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:16 am

emunney wrote:Cleveland did alright here to get Allen for our '22 pick.

Cavs also got Taurean Prince along with Allen for our 1st round pick, Prince could replace Osman as their starting SF.
HurricaneKid
General Manager
And1: 5,034

Post#16 » by HurricaneKid » Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:00 am

buckbeer wrote:

Cavs also got Taurean Prince along with Allen for our 1st round pick, Prince could replace Osman as their starting SF.
Prince isn't even a rotation player in this league. He looks the part but he is a train wreck on D and doesn't give you much on O either.

And he is getting 29m this year and next.

Sent from my SM-G955U using RealGM mobile app
fishnc wrote:If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden, and LeBron, I would shoot LeBron twice.
HurricaneKid
General Manager
And1: 5,034

Post#17 » by HurricaneKid » Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:03 am

This means Simmons was never on the table. Dipo was offered to every team in the league this offseason and no one bit. No one wants to pay him. And really, he had one incredible year and never came all the way back from that awful injury.

Maybe Wall and Simmons was a mess Hou didnt want to deal with but I'm floored anyone could possibly think that an expiring deal that no one wanted is worth All NBA Simmons, or even close.

fishnc wrote:If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden, and LeBron, I would shoot LeBron twice.
buckbeer
Bench Warmer

Post#18 » by buckbeer » Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:24 am

HurricaneKid wrote:This means Simmons was never on the table. Dipo was offered to every team in the league this offseason and no one bit. No one wants to pay him. And really, he had one incredible year and never came all the way back from that awful injury.

Maybe Wall and Simmons was a mess Hou didnt want to deal with but I'm floored anyone could possibly think that an expiring deal that no one wanted is worth All NBA Simmons, or even close.

The Sixers offered Simmons, Matisse and draft picks for Harden, but the Rockets chose the Nets package instead that probably offered more 1st rd picks. The Rockets then traded LeVert to the Pacers for Dipo, looks like the Rockets prefer Dipo over Simmons.

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/261180/76ers-Offered-Ben-Simmons-Matisse-Thybulle-Picks-To-Rockets-For-James-Harden

Daryl Morey and the Philadelphia 76ers made an offer to the Houston Rockets for James Harden that included Ben Simmons, Matisse Thybulle and some form of draft compensation.

While it had been widely believed that the Rockets sought a young franchise cornerstone in a trade for Harden with Simmons fitting the bill, Houston instead went with a package from the Brooklyn Nets that included four future first round picks and four pick swaps.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#19 » by Ruzious » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:58 pm

BucksFanSD wrote:I think Simmons is who he is. He doesn't appear to be getting any better from age 20 to 24. Same progression as Wiggins.

Simmons has gone way downhill this season, so far. But he was terrific in his 1st 3 seasons.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
LuessiT
RealGM
And1: 4,686

Post#20 » by LuessiT » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:13 pm

buckbeer wrote:

Prince was treated as dead salary in the deal.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks