[WOJ/SHAMS] 4 Way Blockbuster, Harden to BK, Prince and Allen to Cavs, Oladipo, Exum, Picks to Hou, Levert to Ind

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

DS17
Sixth Man
And1: 1,374

Re: [WOJ/SHAMS] 4 Way Blockbuster, Harden to BK, Prince and Allen to Cavs, Oladipo, Exum, Picks to Hou, Levert to Ind 

Post#701 » by DS17 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:09 am

God Squad wrote:
HEKTOR wrote:I don't understand why the Rockets didn't take Allen in this deal? Wouldn't he have been a great fit in their front-court next to Wood?

This is what doesn't make sense for me also. Still trying to understand because in my mind Allen is one of the better players in this deal, especially considering his useage.

You need to remember how cheap the owner is! He sucks.
xinxin
Sixth Man
And1: 1,371

Re: [WOJ/SHAMS] 4 Way Blockbuster, Harden to BK, Prince and Allen to Cavs, Oladipo, Exum, Picks to Hou, Levert to Ind 

Post#702 » by xinxin » Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:19 am

C3H6N6O6 wrote:
xinxin wrote:
C3H6N6O6 wrote:Kyrie is the only one I believe of those 3. KD's problem was that Curry was the fan favorite. He didn't have any problem with Curry otherwise.
Harden just doesn't care. He just wants to be on a team that has a good chance to win.
Kyrie is the only one who might not be happy when he is called the 3rd best player on the nets which is the truth.

unless there's a complete buy in by all three & until one or 2 of them drops all ambitions of being "the guy", this combo is gonna have problems making it work. I actually see a better scenario for the Nets where Kyrie leaves & only KD and Harden staying with the Nets. I think they'll be more lethal that way. more seamless rather than keeping all 3, which is like an implosion waiting to happen.

I truly believe that Nets would have traded Kyrie to Rockets but both Rockets and Nets know that Kyrie will demand a trade as soon as he is traded to a team with no title hope and would have acted even worse than Harden till he was traded.

which is the state of the NBA.. it's a star driven league.. fortunately or unfortunately..
akula1488
Bench Warmer
And1: 449

Post#703 » by akula1488 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:22 am

honestly I find it ironic Ben Simmons will work better with KD and Kyrie. Scoring wise Simmons is the perfect 3rd banana, he can be the primary ball handler, can help rebound and defense...etc

KD, Simmons, Green, Simmons and Kyrie can become a small ball death lineup.
righterwriter
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,536

Post#704 » by righterwriter » Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:23 am

xinxin wrote:and all along I thought Kyrie wanted to be his own guy, not a "son' to anyone.. thus, leaving lebron.. who's his daddy now?

KD wanting to be the leader of his team, thus leaving Golden State.... who's the leader now?

Harden wanting to run his show, his way, thus leaving Rockets.... will the Nets be the Harden show 2.0 ? :D :noway: :roll:

These guys all have a number of priorities which go beyond simply creating a basketball legacy.

Durant: The most competitive of the three. I think he really wants to win, but I also think he really wants to have his buddies around.

Kyrie: Not sure he really cares about competing any longer. He's barely played over the last 20 months. Has other interests.

Harden: Seems like a very egotistical person, based on his lifestyle and career to this point. I imagine he likes the idea of living in New York City and hopefully having an easier path to a championship. Don't think he cares about being "the man" when it comes to carrying his team to victory. Just wants the glory.
HurricaneKid
General Manager
And1: 5,034

Post#705 » by HurricaneKid » Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:23 am

Dipo literally spent the offseason on the trading block and no one bit. No one wants to pay him next year. So rather than take current All NBA and 23 yr old Simmons they dump salary and HOPEFULLY get a few decent picks 5 and 6 years from now?

Fertitta might just be the worst owner in pro sports.

Sent from my SM-G955U using RealGM mobile app
fishnc wrote:If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden, and LeBron, I would shoot LeBron twice.
XTC
Head Coach
And1: 6,258

Post#706 » by XTC » Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:34 am

HurricaneKid wrote:Dipo literally spent the offseason on the trading block and no one bit. No one wants to pay him next year. So rather than take current All NBA and 23 yr old Simmons they dump salary and HOPEFULLY get a few decent picks 5 and 6 years from now?

Fertitta might just be the worst owner in pro sports.

Sent from my SM-G955U using RealGM mobile app

FR... This deal is a head scratcher for sure...
XTC
Head Coach
And1: 6,258

Post#707 » by XTC » Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:38 am

The_Ghost_of_JB wrote:
John Murdoch wrote:Looking at this from Indys perspective..they must have known either Victor wasnt the same player or he wasnt going to re-sign . Either way they win imo. Nets sacrifice all depth basically but will be attractive for guys in the buyout market and they are an offensive juggernaut now. Rockets ..i get that they were in a tough spot but taking this deal over simmons/thybul/picks is pretty gross tbh..also why not demand Jarret Allen? All in all kinda hard not to say everyone basically gangbanged houston

Rockets traded Harden to the nets because that is where he wanted to be. Owners no longer have any power and if a player wants to be traded to certain team the owners are pretty much required to do so.

So why did Kawhi end up on the Raps when he was forcing his way to the LA?

Houston dropped the ball. Fertilla gonna Fertilla

SMH :roll: :)
irfunk_
Freshman
And1: 66

Post#708 » by irfunk_ » Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:11 am

I think everybody underestimates that these guys wanted to play together so you can’t expect them to play like they forced into this situation. Other than that 3 there is simply no one on roster who would want the ball in their hands. By playing around the minutes they will always have an unstoppable duo on court at minimum. They will fill out the roster throughout buyouts. Their defense will be okay imo. Defense is about effort before anything else and I believe they are ready to give their best.

They only need to look at for a solid 5 because of a possible 76ers or Bucks (and I don’t buying into that they are real contenders) matchup. Celts and Raptors won’t be a problem because Nets is better at their strongest positions. East is Nets’ to loose now.

And they still have their swaps like even tho they failed, Rockets is in a very bad situation and I don’t think they will rebound from there in foreseeable future. So it could be like swapping 4th pick with 8th pick. I mean there is teams that trying to rebuild since first release of iPhone.

A dark plot-twist would be Drummond joining Nets after bought out :D
Brooklyn91
Pro Prospect
And1: 840

Post#709 » by Brooklyn91 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:11 am

Now I have to defend KD, Kyrie and Harden this season. Oh boy. There isn’t enough Xanax in the world lol
Brooklyn91
Pro Prospect

Post#710 » by Brooklyn91 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:40 am

benson13 wrote:Brooklyn should be fine as long as the Warriors don't get to the Finals. Curry has historically owned Harden's vagina.

Kyrie is Steph matchup. And kyrie historically sonned him in the 2016 finals after warriors won 73 games
Brooklyn91
Pro Prospect

Post#711 » by Brooklyn91 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:44 am

TroubleS0me wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:Nets honestly didn't give up that much.

Just Levert, Allen, Prince and some picks?

Lakers/Clippers basically gave up the same amount of picks to get Davis/George.

Its not the perfect fit, but you just have to stagger Kyrie and Harden's minutes.

For defense you can start Bruce Brown.

I can't believe Houston couldn't find a way to get Simmons in the deal.

The biggest question is Center. Jordan has to be better or maybe you start Green there instead.

Kyrie
Brown
Harden
KD
Jordan

Closing lineup you put in Green at the 5.

Also Nets can just sign a decent starting Center if they feel like Jordan is that bad. They still have a 5 million dollar exception I believe.

Center is the easiest position to fill. Warriors were starting freaking Zaza and the Lakers got away with Dwight lol.

you got no1 who can stop AD or Bron

You have no one to guard Harden while Kyrie makes light work of your perimeter defense and KD always plays well against bron
Brooklyn91
Pro Prospect

Post#712 » by Brooklyn91 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:45 am

Thanos1985 wrote:Nba is all about matcups.
Miami is bad match up for Bucks . Miami defence is bad match up for Giannis. But this nets defence is 40+points game for giannis in 70% fg.
Holiday on harden and Giannis on Kd will slow them.

Still i fear more butler adebayo and igudala wall and defencive iq of Miami more than nets.

Kyrie and Harris are going to go bezerk on the Bucks :lol:
therealbig3
RealGM
And1: 15,095

Post#713 » by therealbig3 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:47 am

Brooklyn91 wrote:
benson13 wrote:Brooklyn should be fine as long as the Warriors don't get to the Finals. Curry has historically owned Harden's vagina.

Kyrie is Steph matchup. And Steph historically sonned him in the 2016 finals after warriors won 73 games

Pretty sure Steph still checks under his bed at night to make sure Kyrie Irving isn't there.
Brooklyn91
Pro Prospect

Post#714 » by Brooklyn91 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:49 am

RyderMike wrote:KD went from

KD-Westbrook-Harden
to
KD-Curry-Thompson-Draymond
to
KD-Harden-Kyrie

and he wonders why he doesn't get credit for wins

Westbrook was drafted to OKC and so was harden give me a break

Lebron started this whole “prime superstars play with each other” bs and y’all made KD beating him at it. KD/Harden/Kyrie big 3 is is not that drastically different that Prime MVP Lebron, Dwade, who 3rd in MVP voting, and a scoring champ, and a 20/11 guy in Bosh. Sick of the double standards

Bron fans were drooling at the idea of Kawhi joining Bron and AD in 2019 but want to be mad at this
Brooklyn91
Pro Prospect

Post#715 » by Brooklyn91 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:50 am

therealbig3 wrote:
Brooklyn91 wrote:

Kyrie is Steph matchup. And Steph historically sonned him in the 2016 finals after warriors won 73 games

Pretty sure Steph still checks under his bed at night to make sure Kyrie Irving isn't there.

I made a screw up. Meant Kyrie
therealbig3
RealGM
And1: 15,095

Post#716 » by therealbig3 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:52 am

All these prognostications...nobody knows at all how any of this is going to play out and how the matchups are actually going to go lol. Let's just let them play a game first before we conclude definitively who's going to matchup well with who and who's going to beat who.

Like, for example, I can see the Bucks being very successful against the Nets, because they do have good defenders all over the place. At the same time, the 2016 Warriors had good defenders all over the place, and Kyrie still lit them up. He seems like the kind of guy that is perfectly capable of dominating a great defender. So yeah, Jrue is a really good defender...so was Klay. Then again, Kyrie got shut down against the Bucks in 2019. So who really knows, honestly?

Durant had his struggles in the POs when it was just him and Westbrook...but when you surrounded him with great talent like he has now in Harden and Kyrie, he dominated. But they don't fit him as well as Curry and Dray and Klay. So again...who knows?

Harden...ditto, he's had his struggles, but hasn't necessarily played with this kind of offensive firepower next to him before, unless you go back to his OKC days when he was a 6th man. So honestly, who knows?

Bucks look amazing...they've looked amazing the last 2 RS also. Giannis was the MVP the last 2 RS. He's putting up similar numbers again. And he still got held down and looked pedestrian in back to back PS as his team lost. So again, who knows? Durant is just as good of a matchup for Giannis as Giannis is for Durant.

EDIT: I'm also never going to bet against LeBron, so I'm always gonna give the Lakers the benefit of the doubt until they actually lose in a series. Until then, they're the champs, they've got the best player and maybe the 2 best players, and they've got a deep squad of role players.
Wilfried
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,907

Post#717 » by Wilfried » Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:01 am

Just a question:
Are we going to see a team that makes more than 70% of his shots from 3?

Nets team is mainly constructed by:
Durant
Harden
Irving
Harris
Shamet
Jordan
John Murdoch
General Manager
And1: 7,265

Post#718 » by John Murdoch » Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:40 am

bb22 wrote:Lebron needs to wreck this team in the finals to cement his goat legacy. Hope they match up.

would be the most exciting finals for me since 2010
Magic#1 wrote:We have won two playoff games in two years. If we decide to keep this team for the next two years, maybe it will feel like we won a series.
John Murdoch
General Manager
And1: 7,265

Post#720 » by John Murdoch » Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:48 am

kyledriver wrote:Rockets some fools. Why would you reward this bitch of a player?

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

fritilla's beef is with Mory..dude is on a power trip just like Pop not taking Ingram
Magic#1 wrote:We have won two playoff games in two years. If we decide to keep this team for the next two years, maybe it will feel like we won a series.

Return to The General Board