Dame and Giannis teaamup?

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

monopoman
RealGM
And1: 6,234

Re: Dame and Giannis teaamup? 

Post#21 » by monopoman » Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:43 am

DavidSterned wrote:Blazers and Bucks should just combine teams and split the home games. Both cities get the rings and half a banner.

Yep, this is the way for small market teams it was foretold that two teams would join houses in the Game of Zones. I'm perfectly fine with half a championship if we get to see Giannis+Lillard+CJ dominate.
jimmy keys
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,889

Post#22 » by jimmy keys » Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:10 am

If only Portland had just drafted Giannis instead of CJ. Would've been fun, anyways this isn't happening unless Giannis wants to go to Portland.
Lalouie
RealGM
And1: 10,066

Post#23 » by Lalouie » Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:13 am

for both to team up, one or both would have to leave their current team, and unlike those unlikable players from other teams these two have shown loyalty to their adoptive city. they both are very much alike in this respect. they LOVE the environment of milwaukee and portland

so NO this will never happen
GWVan
Analyst
And1: 2,549

Post#24 » by GWVan » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:25 pm

No, one needs to go to the nets and one to LA
Full of sound and fury; signifying nothing
monopoman
RealGM
And1: 6,234

Post#25 » by monopoman » Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:56 am

jimmy keys wrote:If only Portland had just drafted Giannis instead of CJ. Would've been fun, anyways this isn't happening unless Giannis wants to go to Portland.

Meh, best would have been if they drafted CJ then traded to get the pick to draft Giannis. CJ is still a damn good player to have and that trio would be quite impressive.
jimmy keys
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,889

Post#26 » by jimmy keys » Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:08 am

monopoman wrote:
jimmy keys wrote:If only Portland had just drafted Giannis instead of CJ. Would've been fun, anyways this isn't happening unless Giannis wants to go to Portland.

Meh, best would have been if they drafted CJ then traded to get the pick to draft Giannis. CJ is still a damn good player to have and that trio would be quite impressive.

Oshley targeted CJ way before the draft so it's a moot point on my part. He was always going to Portland if he fell to them which he did. Sure they could've traded for another pick, but so could've any team theoretically.

Sacramento, Washington, Charlotte & Cleveland all could've drafted Lillard & Giannis too in 2012 & 2013. It doesn't matter, it didn't happen.
Saints14
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,461

Post#27 » by Saints14 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:36 pm

I like both of these guys so would be cool if they teamed up, but I like them in large part for their loyalty to their cities so I guess I wouldn't want this to happen lol
Myth
General Manager
And1: 8,446

Post#28 » by Myth » Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:49 pm

monopoman wrote:

I had the same thought. With how low Giannia was drafted, any team could have theoretically made moves to get him, but that is obviously hindsight bias.

Return to The General Board