ImageImageImageImageImage

Knicks Nets PG - we suck again

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

seren
RealGM
And1: 4,204

Re: Knicks Nets PG - we suck again 

Post#261 » by seren » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:23 pm

We need Jared Jeffries to come back from retirement
CharlesOakley
Veteran
And1: 2,483

Post#262 » by CharlesOakley » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:40 pm

Payton ain't the answer. The spacing with Mitch, RJ, Payton and Randle is atrocious and that's 50% of the game at least.

I think the latest Nets experiment is going to fail this season. Only Durant attempts to play defense and Kyrie and Harden both need the ball all game to be effective. They've emptied the cupboard and are asking a lot of Nash to get 3 stars to play together.
iLLmatic860
General Manager
And1: 15,260

Post#263 » by iLLmatic860 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:03 pm

Is it me or does Randle not care about anybody but himself?

I noticed it last year when he refused to shoot 3 point heaves at buzzer before half time

All he has ever cared about is his numbers. Very selfish player

1 year later and I still cant wait for Elf and Randle to get off this team
Spree2Houston
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,805

Post#264 » by Spree2Houston » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:05 pm

I'm starting to think RJ Barrett needs to be developed as a small ball Power Forward. He'll never be a good enough shooter to play SG or SF. PF might be his true calling card. A guy like Draymond Green is only 6'6 230lb but RJ is 6'6 215lbs at 20 years old and only will get stronger. I would experiment playing RJ at the 4 next time with Knox, Quickley, Burks and Mitch. If he still struggles, then there's really no hope for him and we should cut ties and trade him.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,134

Post#265 » by thebuzzardman » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:11 pm

god shammgod wrote:
prophet_of_rage wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
i mean, how can i feel otherwise. look at these motherf*ckets we draft. look at who we can sign with all this cap space. the f*ck is gonna be different next year ?
This is why you can't rebuild in NY. It isn't a short process. And since we don't develop well it's an issue.

Sent from my SM-N970W using Tapatalk

you have to draft someone good once in awhile to rebuild succesfully. we have 5 top 10 picks on this team including dennis and none of them are really sh*t.

Trend continued this year and will continue next year and the year after and so on.
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,042

Post#266 » by 3toheadmelo » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:11 pm

Gravy wrote:Rj looked better in the 2nd half, maybe he's coming out of his slump

Quickley finally hit some shots, we desperately need him to be decent.

Knox is currently our most consistent top 10 pick. Good for him yikes for the others.

We cant rely on Rivers to save us cause he's not that good.

Randle was going toe to toe with KD and put up 30-7-5. May as well send him to fans that would appreciate him while we crave to build around busts.

Imagine having a young player that had great games against Giannis, Ben Simmons, Sabonis, Jokic and KD yet they wanna trade you for horrible picks to build around R_Barrett and Frank. :lol: this is why we don’t deserve nice things
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#267 » by thebuzzardman » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:13 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
Chanel Bomber wrote:Not worried about Quickley.

I don't expect him to be a point guard, but he has the tools to become a good player by year 3 or 4. Shades of CJ, although I think it would be unfair to place those expectations.

By the way, Knicks fans need to chill with RJ. Dude is playing hard.

no

When the hate pours through your veins, what does it feel like?

I can't speak for Shamms, but personally, it feels great. Like a cocaine-anabolic-E cocktail
spree2kawhi
General Manager
And1: 3,811

Re: Knicks Nets PG 

Post#268 » by spree2kawhi » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:14 pm

KOA wrote:Quickley looked like a G-leaguer out there. Out of control on both offense and defense. Forget about the box score, he was terrible

He's a rookie.
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#269 » by thebuzzardman » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:19 pm

prophet_of_rage wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
prophet_of_rage wrote:This is why you can't rebuild in NY. It isn't a short process. And since we don't develop well it's an issue.

you have to draft someone good once in awhile to rebuild succesfully. we have 5 top 10 picks on this team including dennis and none of them are really sh*t.
We're in the AAU era. None of these kids are good out the box.

Actually, like half of them are. Except the ones the Knicks draft, who eventually wind up just not being good at all. Oh. I forgot DSJr. The ones they trade for suck too.
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#270 » by thebuzzardman » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:24 pm

dakomish23 wrote:
cgf wrote:
knickstape4ever wrote:at least RJ and Quickley played solid

Knox too...nightly airhead-moment aside...

When rebuilding, you got to enjoy the brief shining moments the kids give you and hope they aren’t the exception. It’s not just about tanking.

Hopefully this mgmt team is more patient than this board

4 games ago RJB had a monster outing. Everyone was riding high. 4 bad games in a row and they’re screaming he’s a bust, let’s trade him. Not 10 games. Not even 5 games. 4 games. :lol:

He started 0-5, the frenzy was on. He finished 7-15 20 pts with 5 rebs 3 asts.

Maybe the idiots in the media are right. You can’t rebuild with the Knicks b/c the fan base doesn’t have the stomach for it.

No one would mind rebuilding if the team knew what the f*ck it was doing, instead of drafting scrub after scrub and also surrounding their youth with the worst possible vets while also playing those vets huge minutes.

Trust me, I'm all about a rebuild. The Knicks just suck at it. As always.

And the problem with RJ is he puts together a good game about every 6th game. That's not anything special. It's the NBA. Give the guy 40 minutes and 20 shots a night and eventually any player totals some stats.

Right now he's the classic "not good player gets some stats on sh*t team"

At least he gets some stats. Unlike Frank, DSJr, Knox, Obi...
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#271 » by thebuzzardman » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:25 pm

KnicksGod wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
KnicksGod wrote:
All right so you don’t like RJ. But we don’t know he is bad yet, or that good.

If he turns out to be bad, oh well.

This is not the first drafting team to draft a ton of guys who don’t move the needle. Did we miss the Clippers from 1990-2005? Or what about the Bobcats?

The Knicks are not entitled to good luck. The Nets have drafted like 3 good players in their entire history lol.

R-Jeff. Dr. J? That’s about it. The Pels are stacked and you know what they kind of suck.

I think RJ has the chops. There are literally dozens of nothing much players for every Luka or Donovan.

We’re all rooting for RJ. Just don’t think this is the game to praise him. Each to their own I guess.

Well you said he is worse than Wiggins lol. He gonna be better.

Very much in doubt.
spree2kawhi
General Manager

Post#272 » by spree2kawhi » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:27 pm

HEZI wrote:Please trade Randle while he has some value at the moment

This is key. Cash in. He's not bad, but taking us nowhere.
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#273 » by thebuzzardman » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:31 pm

NoStatsGuy wrote:if we only picked haliburton, that kid is the real deal

Nah, we desperately needed the guy with no true NBA position who was beating the sh*t out of scrubs in a subpar NCAA conference
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#274 » by 3toheadmelo » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:32 pm

Who’s worse? R_Barrett or Kelly Oubre?
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
rajajackal
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,313

Post#275 » by rajajackal » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:32 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
NoStatsGuy wrote:if we only picked haliburton, that kid is the real deal

Nah, we desperately needed the guy with no true NBA position who was beating the sh*t out of scrubs in a subpar NCAA conference

i'm still parading this randle rj bullock for haliburton and barnes trade :lol:
spree2kawhi
General Manager

Post#276 » by spree2kawhi » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:38 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
KnicksGod wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:We’re all rooting for RJ. Just don’t think this is the game to praise him. Each to their own I guess.

Very much in doubt.

I think so too. Wiggins is routinely being bashed for not living up to expectations or his contract, but just like Harrison Barnes who shares the same reputation, he is a very fine player overall.

If RJ became such a contributor, it would actually be nice. But as of now, he isn't nearly as athletic, as good defensively or as much of a scorer. All he has in common with Wiggins is the bad shooting, while with Barnes it's mostly the strong frame basically. Those two are still superior players.

That said, I'd love to go after Barnes plus Hield or Bagley from Sacramento. Maybe we could get a deal done.

Quickley
Hield
RJ
Barnes/Obi
Mitch

Quickley
RJ
Barnes
Bagley/Obi
Mitch
spree2kawhi
General Manager

Post#277 » by spree2kawhi » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:42 pm

Randle to the Rockets for a FRP. Let's go.

Wall
Dipo
Gordon
Randle
Wood
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#278 » by 3toheadmelo » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:45 pm

spree2kawhi wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
KnicksGod wrote:

Very much in doubt.

I think so too. Wiggins is routinely being bashed for not living up to expectations or his contract, but just like Harrison Barnes who shares the same reputation, he is a very fine player overall.

If RJ became such a contributor, it would actually be nice. But as of now, he isn't nearly as athletic, as good defensively or as much of a scorer. All he has in common with Wiggins is the bad shooting, while with Barnes it's mostly the strong frame basically. Those two are still superior players.

That said, I'd love to go after Barnes plus Hield or Bagley from Sacramento. Maybe we could get a deal done.

Quickley
Hield
RJ
Barnes/Obi
Mitch

Quickley
RJ
Barnes
Bagley/Obi
Mitch

Hield and Bagley suck
spree2kawhi
General Manager

Post#279 » by spree2kawhi » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:51 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
spree2kawhi wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
Very much in doubt.

Quickley
Hield
RJ
Barnes/Obi
Mitch

Quickley
RJ
Barnes
Bagley/Obi
Mitch

Hield and Bagley suck

I know you like Randle a lot and you do have a point, clearly. I like that Hield is such a good shooter.
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#280 » by 3toheadmelo » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:54 pm

spree2kawhi wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
spree2kawhi wrote:

Quickley
Hield
RJ
Barnes/Obi
Mitch

Quickley
RJ
Barnes
Bagley/Obi
Mitch

Hield and Bagley suck

I know you like Randle a lot and you do have a point, clearly. I like that Hield is such a good shooter.

Hield has a 37% FG... he hasn’t been good this season

Return to New York Knicks