ImageImageImageImageImage

Knicks Nets PG - we suck again

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

cgf
RealGM
And1: 9,486

Re: Knicks Nets PG - we suck again 

Post#281 » by cgf » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:59 pm

ITT I found out how over-rated Wiggins is on this board.
cgmw wrote:Basically, in conclusion: I'd like Dolan to get off my lawn.

Capn'O wrote:We're not the kid cousin. We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.
spree2kawhi
General Manager
And1: 3,758

Post#282 » by spree2kawhi » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:07 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
spree2kawhi wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:Hield and Bagley suck

I know you like Randle a lot and you do have a point, clearly. I like that Hield is such a good shooter.

Hield has a 37% FG... he hasn’t been good this season

But knowing Hield and his game, it's clearly invalid to assume that he isn't one of the best shooters in the game anymore. Watch clips of him shooting. He is **** automatic.

He's not a savior, but he fits a need in any system.
Brooklyn91
Pro Prospect
And1: 840

Post#283 » by Brooklyn91 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:15 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
Brooklyn91 wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

I go to every teams forum and say good game after we played, win or lose. :lol: Yall got something brewing. IQ is solid, RJ a litttle inconsistent but solid. Good game

Even after your losses, or just some passive aggressive bullsh*t after you win?

I'm figuring the 2nd. Go f*ck off.

Yes even after losses. Here’s my post in the Charlotte forum after the hornets whooped us

Brooklyn91 wrote:Good game. Y’all got our assess good. One of the dark horses to get into the playoffs. Good one

And I won’t bother posting me congratulating Atlanta or Memphis after they beat us too.

Like I said, good game. Y’all got nice young players with a future. Nobody doing anything passive aggressive, oh please. When I had something negative to say, trust me, I say it bluntly and don’t hesitate. we are at 2 different stages right now, true Nets fans don’t care about no petty city beef we got other things to worry about like half our damn team being traded.

Good game
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 99,628

Post#284 » by mpharris36 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:19 pm

Brooklyn91 wrote:Good game. Y’all got our assess good.

B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
cgf
RealGM
And1: 9,486

Post#285 » by cgf » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:21 pm

Brooklyn91 wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
Brooklyn91 wrote:I go to every teams forum and say good game after we played, win or lose. :lol: Yall got something brewing. IQ is solid, RJ a litttle inconsistent but solid. Good game

Yes even after losses. Here’s my post in the Charlotte forum after the hornets whooped us

Brooklyn91 wrote:Good game. Y’all got our assess good. One of the dark horses to get into the playoffs. Good one

And I won’t bother posting me congratulating Atlanta or Memphis after they beat us too.

Like I said, good game. Y’all got nice young players with a future. Nobody doing anything passive aggressive, give me a break. When I had something negative to say, I’ve said it with my chest. we are a contender and you are rebuilding, true Nets fans don’t care about no petty city beef we got other things to worry about like half our damn dream being traded.

No worries man, some of us are just getting thrown off because you aren't claiming that our kids are all guaranteed busts since they failed to make the allstar game before their 20th birthday...like we've decided that they all are :lol:
cgmw wrote:Basically, in conclusion: I'd like Dolan to get off my lawn.

Capn'O wrote:We're not the kid cousin. We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.
Spree2Houston
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,734

Post#286 » by Spree2Houston » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:22 pm

Randle for Devin Booker
Rooster8
Rookie
And1: 322

Post#287 » by Rooster8 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:24 pm

It's time to embrace the tank. Get Payton out. Put DSJR in. If Randle goes down soon we might only win 15 games.
prophet_of_rage
RealGM
And1: 6,614

Post#288 » by prophet_of_rage » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:25 pm

cgf wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
cgf wrote:Knox too...nightly airhead-moment aside...

When rebuilding, you got to enjoy the brief shining moments the kids give you and hope they aren’t the exception. It’s not just about tanking.

Hopefully this mgmt team is more patient than this board

4 games ago RJB had a monster outing. Everyone was riding high. 4 bad games in a row and they’re screaming he’s a bust, let’s trade him. Not 10 games. Not even 5 games. 4 games.

He started 0-5, the frenzy was on. He finished 7-15 20 pts with 5 rebs 3 asts.

Maybe the idiots in the media are right. You can’t rebuild with the Knicks b/c the fan base doesn’t have the stomach for it.

It sure looks that way.
This was always true. But we don't look at ourselves in the mirror nor understand our impact on Dolan and the Knicks regime.

The expectations are insanely unrealistic. And when we get a development like Randle we still c9mplain.

Sent from my SM-N970W using Tapatalk
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 118,604

Post#289 » by 3toheadmelo » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:26 pm

spree2kawhi wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
spree2kawhi wrote:
I know you like Randle a lot and you do have a point, clearly. I like that Hield is such a good shooter.

But knowing Hield and his game, it's clearly invalid to assume that he isn't one of the best shooters in the game anymore. Watch clips of him shooting. He is **** automatic.

I’ve watched Kings games. He’s a chucker. He takes a lot of bad shots. That’s why his FG% is so low
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
TruthBeTold
Bench Warmer
And1: 423

Post#290 » by TruthBeTold » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:31 pm

DaGawd wrote:
TruthBeTold wrote:It's hard for me to call Quickley IQ if he keeps shooting floaters close to the free throw line instead of the middle of the paint or closer to the basket. However, I still think he should replace Payton because he is currently the best the Knicks have at the PG position.

I like the idea of starting Rivers. He is a better scorer than Bullock. The Knicks really need Burks back in the rotation.

Knicks' talent is just too weak to compete this season fans. :nonono:

However, don't worry Knicks fans, I have a feeling a NBA championship might be coming to "NYC" soon. :D 8-)

FOH.. no one cares about that team

Hey, why do you have to assume I'm talking about the Nets? It could be a future Knicks team. :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

My family and I have moved from Manhattan to Brooklyn(New Manhattan) and I like living in Brooklyn and working in Manhattan. We are saving a ton of money. I've adapted the Nets as my second NYC basketball team, so I have not problem cheering for both Knicks (my first team) and the Nets (my second team). However, when both teams are playing each other, I have to cheer for the Knicks. I have no reason to show jealousy or hate towards the Nets just because my Knicks sucks. I have to respect the moves the Nets made to win now. I prefer to watch the Nets win instead of the Lakers. Go Knicks and Nets = NYC WIN. 8-)
spree2kawhi
General Manager
And1: 3,758

Post#291 » by spree2kawhi » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:34 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
spree2kawhi wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:Hield has a 37% FG... he hasn’t been good this season

I’ve watched Kings games. He’s a chucker. He takes a lot of bad shots. That’s why his FG% is so low

How do you think he'd look on the Warriors, Lakers, Celtics or next to Doncic?
prophet_of_rage
RealGM

Post#292 » by prophet_of_rage » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:40 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
Gravy wrote:Rj looked better in the 2nd half, maybe he's coming out of his slump

Quickley finally hit some shots, we desperately need him to be decent.

Knox is currently our most consistent top 10 pick. Good for him yikes for the others.

We cant rely on Rivers to save us cause he's not that good.

Randle was going toe to toe with KD and put up 30-7-5. May as well send him to fans that would appreciate him while we crave to build around busts.

Imagine having a young player that had great games against Giannis, Ben Simmons, Sabonis, Jokic and KD yet they wanna trade you for horrible picks to build around R_Barrett and Frank. this is why we don’t deserve nice things
They don't hear you, though!

prophet_of_rage
RealGM

Post#293 » by prophet_of_rage » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:43 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
prophet_of_rage wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
you have to draft someone good once in awhile to rebuild succesfully. we have 5 top 10 picks on this team including dennis and none of them are really sh*t.
We're in the AAU era. None of these kids are good out the box.

Actually, like half of them are. Except the ones the Knicks draft, who eventually wind up just not being good at all. Oh. I forgot DSJr. The ones they trade for suck too.
Half, are you crazy? Some just get news coverage. They aren't actually good. Have you seen how up and down Edwards is? Wiseman is good but has holes. Ball couldn't even score the first week. We'd hate all those guys and tgey were top 3.

3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 118,604

Post#294 » by 3toheadmelo » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:43 pm

spree2kawhi wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
spree2kawhi wrote:But knowing Hield and his game, it's clearly invalid to assume that he isn't one of the best shooters in the game anymore. Watch clips of him shooting. He is **** automatic.

How do you think he'd look on the Warriors, Lakers, Celtics or next to Doncic?

I think he’d be a good 6th man for them, assuming they’ll hold him accountable
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
prophet_of_rage
RealGM

Post#295 » by prophet_of_rage » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:44 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
cgf wrote:Knox too...nightly airhead-moment aside...

When rebuilding, you got to enjoy the brief shining moments the kids give you and hope they aren’t the exception. It’s not just about tanking.

4 games ago RJB had a monster outing. Everyone was riding high. 4 bad games in a row and they’re screaming he’s a bust, let’s trade him. Not 10 games. Not even 5 games. 4 games.

Maybe the idiots in the media are right. You can’t rebuild with the Knicks b/c the fan base doesn’t have the stomach for it.

No one would mind rebuilding if the team knew what the f*ck it was doing, instead of drafting scrub after scrub and also surrounding their youth with the worst possible vets while also playing those vets huge minutes.

Trust me, I'm all about a rebuild. The Knicks just suck at it. As always.

And the problem with RJ is he puts together a good game about every 6th game. That's not anything special. It's the NBA. Give the guy 40 minutes and 20 shots a night and eventually any player totals some stats.

Right now he's the classic "not good player gets some stats on sh*t team"

At least he gets some stats. Unlike Frank, DSJr, Knox, Obi...
Most rebuilding teams suck at rebuilding.

Hes_On_Fire
Head Coach
And1: 9,217

Post#296 » by Hes_On_Fire » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:44 pm

Rooster8 wrote:It's time to embrace the tank. Get Payton out. Put DSJR in. If Randle goes down soon we might only win 15 games.

If we're going to lose I'd rather give someone else a shot at point guard - like Quickley.
New York Knicks franchise W-L record as of 9/2/22 since James L Dolan assumed full ownership (2001):

673-1,007
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 81,775

Post#297 » by thebuzzardman » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:44 pm

cgf wrote:
Brooklyn91 wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:

Like I said, good game. Y’all got nice young players with a future. Nobody doing anything passive aggressive, give me a break. When I had something negative to say, I’ve said it with my chest. we are a contender and you are rebuilding, true Nets fans don’t care about no petty city beef we got other things to worry about like half our damn dream being traded.

No worries man, some of us are just getting thrown off because you aren't claiming that our kids are all guaranteed busts since they failed to make the allstar game before their 20th birthday...like we've decided that they all are :lol:

No, it's that we realize the youth isn't any good and also don't want to hear from corny ass Nets fans, ever
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#298 » by thebuzzardman » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:46 pm

prophet_of_rage wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:

No one would mind rebuilding if the team knew what the f*ck it was doing, instead of drafting scrub after scrub and also surrounding their youth with the worst possible vets while also playing those vets huge minutes.

Trust me, I'm all about a rebuild. The Knicks just suck at it. As always.

And the problem with RJ is he puts together a good game about every 6th game. That's not anything special. It's the NBA. Give the guy 40 minutes and 20 shots a night and eventually any player totals some stats.

Right now he's the classic "not good player gets some stats on sh*t team"

At least he gets some stats. Unlike Frank, DSJr, Knox, Obi...
Most rebuilding teams suck at rebuilding.

Well, then the Knicks have that part down.
prophet_of_rage
RealGM

Post#299 » by prophet_of_rage » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:47 pm

spree2kawhi wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
spree2kawhi wrote:

What system would we have there?

thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#300 » by thebuzzardman » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:48 pm

prophet_of_rage wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
prophet_of_rage wrote:We're in the AAU era. None of these kids are good out the box.

Actually, like half of them are. Except the ones the Knicks draft, who eventually wind up just not being good at all. Oh. I forgot DSJr. The ones they trade for suck too.
Half, are you crazy? Some just get news coverage. They aren't actually good. Have you seen how up and down Edwards is? Wiseman is good but has holes. Ball couldn't even score the first week. We'd hate all those guys and tgey were top 3.

The problem is that the Knicks exclusively collect players that suck, regardless of draft order

Return to New York Knicks