PG Detroit - Three-Peat

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

buckboy
RealGM
And1: 7,882

Re: PG Detroit - Three-Peat 

Post#41 » by buckboy » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:07 pm

leroyjw10 wrote:[code][/code]
Plossum wrote:Blake is really cooked. He’ll hang around the league I guess but wonder if he can reinvent himself into a useful role player/bench piece once his max is up.

Cooked is an understatement. Dude can barely take three steps without falling over. He needs a retirement home.

He's pretty much the opposite of Kyrie. Loves the game and feels an obligation to fulfill his contract despite the fact that he can barely walk. I have a ton of respect for Blake.
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
Brewhoopfan
Sixth Man
And1: 1,895

Post#42 » by Brewhoopfan » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:06 pm

HKPackFan wrote:
Brewhoopfan wrote:I'm totally convinced the ball needs to be in the hands of Jrue Holiday when it really matters.

Middle of the 4th quarter was fun to watch.

Giannis sits and Jrue just takes over. He took over the game. I loved his control, his pace, and just created his own shots. So cool and confident.

If there was anything to take away from that game, it was watching Jrue in command and take control.

We have never had a point guard who could do that. (hill was steady and helpful but Jrue is next level). If he can be that in a playoff game, he's worth everything we spent to bring him here.

The best part was Jrue making sure he destroyed Stewart several possessions in a row. It was laugh out loud funny (starting at 1:36 below). I would like to see a LOT MORE of the action at 2:20. Obviously, Jrue makes the play by splitting the defense, but look at the resulting options for Jrue :o . Good luck helping off of Giannis there, he's going to get the dump off pass or clean up the rebound. Khris is going to destroy any closeout with an entire wing of space to work with (he did). The wide open shooter on the opposite wing (Forbes) is not a bad option either. How could Bud see this and think "well, that was nice, but we'd really like to have the 5 out spacing." When you've got a play-maker / decision-maker like Jrue, you just let him work and put everyone else is their best spot. BTW - Jrue was on fire and passed up a pretty easy floater there - that's the kind of teammate he is.

Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,218

Post#43 » by Matches Malone » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:16 pm

If Jrue plays like that in the playoffs, I feel very confident in our team. That ability to create his own shot is a massive upgrade and I love his vision. Some of the passes he makes are something Bledsoe would never be able to pull off just because of the sheer size advantage Jrue brings to our team now.
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
neiLz
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,475

Post#44 » by neiLz » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:24 pm

Offense looks better. Giannis has been dishing like crazy instead of the turbo charges into a wall. pretty soon teams wont be able to wall off if guys like patty C and forbes are hitting at 50% for the season. Jrue just makes this team so freaking steady with his play. he never seems to rush it and takes what is given. Defense still has some holes but they're switching more and making it tough on shooters.

Can't wait for some real tests now in the next few games!
Siefer
RealGM
And1: 5,950

Post#45 » by Siefer » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:25 pm

Baddy Chuck wrote:I know people don't want to hear it, and I fully understand Tatum hit a jumper over him, but Pat C might not suck.

He's trying on defense again, and is hitting shots at a good rate. I still want him to be our 8th or 9th guy, but yeah, he's been solid since he came back.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,357

Post#46 » by Ron Swanson » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:34 pm

Pat's always been a solid rotation guy that's showed up in the playoffs more often than not (57% postseason TS with us). He plays up to his contract and sometimes even exceeds it. Difference now is that we have a guy like Forbes (maybe Nwora?) to sub in when he has those cold stretches from 3. Team is up to 1st in Off-Rtg. and 6th in Def-Rtg. Sure, feasting on bad teams and all, but that's what elite teams do.
TD75
General Manager
And1: 5,886

Post#47 » by TD75 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:46 pm

Brewhoopfan wrote:I'm totally convinced the ball needs to be in the hands of Jrue Holiday when it really matters.

I am totally convinced the ball needs to be in the hands of Jrue Holiday even when it does not really matter, because it generally makes my viewing experience much better. :D
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote: wtf is a "fit" with Giannis. hes an amazing talent but he is being over utilized offensively and too many other guys are taking flak for our failures on that end.
CharityStripe34
General Manager
And1: 5,702

Post#48 » by CharityStripe34 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:00 pm

TD75 wrote:

I am totally convinced the ball needs to be in the hands of Jrue Holiday even when it does not really matter, because it generally makes my viewing experience much better. :D
I second this. Very much so.

Sent from my LM-K500 using RealGM mobile app
"Wes, Hill, Ibaka, Allen, Nwora, Brook, Pat, Ingles, Khris are all slow-mo, injury prone ... a sandcastle waiting for playoff wave to get wrecked. A castle with no long-range archers... is destined to fall. That is all I have to say."-- FOTIS
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,128

Post#49 » by HKPackFan » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:24 pm

Matches Malone wrote:If Jrue plays like that in the playoffs, I feel very confident in our team. That ability to create his own shot is a massive upgrade and I love his vision. Some of the passes he makes are something Bledsoe would never be able to pull off just because of the sheer size advantage Jrue brings to our team now.

It's such a difference. Bledsoe was this athletic ball of lightning. It was 100mph roller coaster, and you had absolutely no idea what was about to happen. He was going to do something incredible or unbelievably awful. And often both in the span of a couple possessions.

And Jrue is just calm and controlled and gets exactly what he wants. He just makes things happen. He truly gives me hope for the playoffs. I also love he doesn't need to score, he can do his thing and be ok with other guys getting their ppg, but when they need him to step up, he has no problem.

And as others have send good things happen with the ball in his hands, id like to see that more often.
#FreeChuckDiesel
wallus
Rookie
And1: 1,188

Post#50 » by wallus » Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:04 pm

I wish Jrue would bring the ball up more often and initiate the offense. I realize they might him to play the 2 when DJA is in to maybe give him a breather. Too much Giannis and Khris bringing it up imo.

Jrue is so unselfish and is a joy to watch.
Bucksfan28
General Manager
And1: 4,918

Post#51 » by Bucksfan28 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:41 pm

Missed it live and catching some of the replay. This 4th quarter stretch from Jrue!
MoreTrife wrote:Love seeing two buffoons have a buffoon competition.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks