The Lebron Thread | 2021 (Pt. 2)

Moderators: PaulieWal, Doctor MJ, Clyde Frazier, penbeast0, trex_8063

Jordan Syndrome
Sixth Man
And1: 1,425

Re: The Lebron Thread | 2021 (Pt. 2) 

Post#261 » by Jordan Syndrome » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:19 pm

Looks like the biggest LeBron Stan I have seen of these forums is back!
Before I joined I always enjoyed Gooner's posts. There is no way someone could troll that hard and not secretly love LeBron James.
Firebird1
Sophomore
And1: 73

Post#262 » by Firebird1 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:22 pm

Gooner wrote:
IG2 wrote:I find it pathetic that KD doesn't feel confident against LeBron unless he's on a team with at least another superstar (Harden/Curry) and All Star (Kyrie/Klay). But hey, no 4th star ala Draymond Green, so he's getting better, I guess. To me this is a terrible move for a league that was seemingly moving away from super teams. The last 2 championship winners were far from super teams. We are right back at it now. Yes, Nets have flaws, but no team with that much offensive firepower isn't at least cruising to the Finals. The EC is pointless now.

Double standards, if anyone started this stack the deck era it's LeBald James.
Youre back.. :noway:
Homer38
RealGM
And1: 11,840

Post#263 » by Homer38 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:04 pm

Read on Twitter

Not bad for a old and slow player....
Freighttrain
Analyst
And1: 7,080

Post#264 » by Freighttrain » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:28 pm

Homer38 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Not bad for a old and slow player....

LeBron is old and coasts on defence everyone knows that, these numbers are rigged I tell you.

On a real, he's been better than I expected in the early stage of the season. Seems like the team has a lot of fun and it energizes him. I'm also fairly confident he's at an all-time low in minutes, which allows for him to play back to backs and still have enough energy (although he's usually better on the back2back for some weird reason). It's also the first time he can actually sit on the bench and not see the lead evaporate, which is a strange thing to behold, but I'm loving it. I'm also calling this team the deepest he's ever been on, even deeper than that '13 Heat team.
A_Biased_Fan
Junior
And1: 479

Post#265 » by A_Biased_Fan » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:50 pm

Firebird1 wrote:
Gooner wrote:
IG2 wrote:I find it pathetic that KD doesn't feel confident against LeBron unless he's on a team with at least another superstar (Harden/Curry) and All Star (Kyrie/Klay). But hey, no 4th star ala Draymond Green, so he's getting better, I guess. To me this is a terrible move for a league that was seemingly moving away from super teams. The last 2 championship winners were far from super teams. We are right back at it now. Yes, Nets have flaws, but no team with that much offensive firepower isn't at least cruising to the Finals. The EC is pointless now.

All we need is for LesGrossman, OdomFan, and An_Unbiased_Fan to show up and we have the four horsemen of Lebron hate all in one place!
Firebird1
Sophomore

Post#266 » by Firebird1 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:06 pm

A_Biased_Fan wrote:
Firebird1 wrote:
Gooner wrote:

All we need is for LesGrossman, OdomFan, and An_Unbiased_Fan to show up and we have the four horsemen of Lebron hate all in one place!
:lol:

Gooner is so pathetic. LesGrossman included. Odomfan doesn't seem that bad.

And I never seen An_Unbiased_Fan post here. It's probably because I'm new here LOL. Is he that bad of a poster? :crazy:
Heej
General Manager
And1: 8,632

Post#267 » by Heej » Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:13 pm

Don't forget that concern troll dude Jkam31 that tries to preface every post with how he's a LeBron fan and then starts crapping on him lol
LeBron's NBA Cup MVP is more valuable than either of KD's Finals MVPs. This is the word of the Lord
Firebird1
Sophomore

Post#268 » by Firebird1 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:16 pm

Heej wrote:Don't forget that concern troll dude Jkam31 that tries to preface every post with how he's a LeBron fan and then starts crapping on him lol
I think they are secret LeBron stans. I am a LeBron fan forreal. :nod:
freethedevil
Head Coach
And1: 3,230

Post#269 » by freethedevil » Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:25 pm

The only reason any of this is an issue is because impact isn't the first consideration when rating players. No one would have tried ratign KD top 3 in 2019 if they were forced to build a case for it based on his impact on winning. No one would have tried to rate him top 2 post 2014. And no one would be trying to rate hi top 5 now.

Anyone going off slashlines and rings shouldn't be complaining about the superteam era, this is why superteams are formed.
donnieme
Head Coach
And1: 7,175

Post#270 » by donnieme » Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:25 pm

Feel way too many Laker supporters are getting sucked into the half-season debate. Last year pro-Clipper clowns won all the debates and still lost the title. I have the Lakers edging out the Nets till they reload with defensive depth. They're currently built like the 2017 Cavs going up the Warriors. Conga line to the basket
freethedevil
Head Coach

Post#271 » by freethedevil » Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:58 pm

donnieme wrote:Feel way too many Laker supporters are getting sucked into the half-season debate. Last year pro-Clipper clowns won all the debates and still lost the title. I have the Lakers edging out the Nets till they reload with defensive depth. They're currently built like the 2017 Cavs going up the Warriors. Conga line to the basket

The 2017 cavs had a strong defender in Lebron. Who do the nets have?

Also(duh) but the 17 east was way weaker than the 2020 east. The bucks are akin to the 17 spurs(yes, the spurs too lost in the second round to an extremely strong playoff team that had slept all rs.) the heat akin to 16 okc and you ahve the sixers and the celtics who i haven't found a caterogy for but you get the idea, they're all very good
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,679

Post#272 » by Dupp » Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:00 pm

Jordan Syndrome wrote:Looks like the biggest LeBron Stan I have seen of these forums is back!
Before I joined I always enjoyed Gooner's posts. There is no way someone could troll that hard and not secretly love LeBron James.

Goobers been in hiding for a while since the Lakers won. Glad he finally feels safe to come out
homecourtloss
RealGM
And1: 17,687

Post#273 » by homecourtloss » Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:17 pm

A_Biased_Fan wrote:
Firebird1 wrote:
Gooner wrote:

:lol:
lessthanjake wrote:Kyrie was extremely impactful without LeBron, and basically had zero impact whatsoever if LeBron was on the court.

lessthanjake wrote: By playing in a way that prevents Kyrie from getting much impact, LeBron ensures that controlling for Kyrie has limited effect…
Greyhound
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,722

Post#274 » by Greyhound » Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:06 pm

homecourtloss wrote:
Gooner wrote:

Look who’s back :lol: :lol:

The Harden trade was like a shot of troll penicillin (fully equipped with resurrection abilities).

Trolls form days gone by are literally rising from the dead. Not just here, but all across the internet.
Don't believe the hype...
MisterHibachi
RealGM
And1: 19,073

Post#275 » by MisterHibachi » Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:09 pm

Lakers face Nets for the first time on February 18.
"He looked like Batman coming out of nowhere"
toodles23
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,442

Post#276 » by toodles23 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:48 pm

They're gonna be awful defensively. Maybe in the regular season they'll be kind of okay, but in the playoffs when teams can scheme to take advantage of their weaknesses? I'm not all that worried.
thebigbird
Head Coach
And1: 19,952

Post#277 » by thebigbird » Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:14 am

I’m starting to subscribe to the belief that a Big 2 surrounded by elite role players is better than a Big 3 with no depth. Golden State was the insane scenario where you had both a Big 4 and elite depth.

One guy in a Big 3 usually ends up getting marginalized. You also have 3 big egos in one locker room. Whose gonna be happy to take the 3rd seat in Brooklyn? Kyrie? Dude was pissed because he was second fiddle in Cleveland. LeBron’s having to do way less in LA during the regular season compared to his ‘stacked’ big 3 teams. Brooklyn shouldn’t be overlooked because they do have 3 elite scorers, but I think this thing actually has a relatively high chance of blowing up in their faces.
xb3at band1tx
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,687

Post#278 » by xb3at band1tx » Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:34 am

donnieme wrote:Feel way too many Laker supporters are getting sucked into the half-season debate. Last year pro-Clipper clowns won all the debates and still lost the title. I have the Lakers edging out the Nets till they reload with defensive depth. They're currently built like the 2017 Cavs going up the Warriors. Conga line to the basket

Lakers are the champs though, I think they deserve the benefit of the doubt. The problem with the Clippers last year was that they didn't earn any of the props and was championed for their potential not for what they really were.

I do get you though, it's still early in the season.
freethedevil
Head Coach

Post#279 » by freethedevil » Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:54 am

thebigbird wrote:I’m starting to subscribe to the belief that a Big 2 surrounded by elite role players is better than a Big 3 with no depth. Golden State was the insane scenario where you had both a Big 4 and elite depth.

One guy in a Big 3 usually ends up getting marginalized. You also have 3 big egos in one locker room. Whose gonna be happy to take the 3rd seat in Brooklyn? Kyrie? Dude was pissed because he was second fiddle in Cleveland. LeBron’s having to do way less in LA during the regular season compared to his ‘stacked’ big 3 teams. Brooklyn shouldn’t be overlooked because they do have 3 elite scorers, but I think this thing actually has a relatively high chance of blowing up in their faces.

You're overthinking it.

Teams can be assessed via skillset The teams who --collectively-- cover the most ground ata high level are going to win. The lakers cover more ground than anyone else in the league. Thats why they're the best
LA Bird
Analyst
And1: 3,145

Post#280 » by LA Bird » Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:11 am

Jordan Syndrome wrote:Looks like the biggest LeBron Stan I have seen of these forums is back!

Guys like Gooner will call others "Bronsexuals" but they are more obsessed with him than actual LeBron fans. I don't think I have ever seen them post in a thread unless it is about LeBron (or Durant/Kawhi whoever they want to push as LeBron's biggest rival).

Return to Player Comparisons