Kyir Irving Considered 'Alpha' Of Friend Group With Kevin Durant, DeAndre Jordan

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Kyir Irving Considered 'Alpha' Of Friend Group With Kevin Durant, DeAndre Jordan 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:05 pm

Kyrie Irving's commitment to the Brooklyn Nets is unclear as he remains on a personal leave, but he was reportedly the driving factor in convincing Kevin Durant and DeAndre Jordan to sign with the franchise during their 2019 free agency.

"I thin what's amazing about where Kevin Durants fits in is Kevin Durant went to Brooklyn in this sort of grand scheme with Kyrie Irving and DeAndre Jordan," said Ramona Shelburne on the ESPN Daily podcast. "Those are the three super friends from Team USA. They were down on the cruise boat down there in Brazil.

"If you understand their relationship, Kevin Durant is really focused on basketball. He's like a hoophead. He just loves to play. Kyrie Irving is the alpha of that group, of that friend group.

"When they were choosing where to play, I think Kyrie took the lead. Kyrie wanted to go to Brooklyn. He talked DeAndre and Kevin into it.

"So if you're Kevin Durant right now, how do you feel about that? The guy who got you there is sort of M.I.A. We don't know what's going on with him. Now you have a chance to play with your old buddy James Harden."

Durant and Harden worked out together in Los Angeles before the start of the season and began discussing playing together with the Nets.

"Even when they were talking about it this summer, the conversations were pretty extensive. It was mapping out how the trades would even get done."

Via Ramona Shelburne/ESPN

DarthTeufel
Junior
And1: 641

Re: Kyir Irving Considered 'Alpha' Of Friend Group With Kevin Durant, DeAndre Jordan 

Post#2 » by DarthTeufel » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:41 pm

Lol what a news headline.
Theo Ratliff
Pro Prospect
And1: 718

Re: Kyir Irving Considered 'Alpha' Of Friend Group With Kevin Durant, DeAndre Jordan 

Post#3 » by Theo Ratliff » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:27 pm

Kyrie is the further thing from an Alpha. He let LeBron take his finals MVP and run him out of town.

and lol @ DeAndre even being mentioned. He plays less than 20 minutes a night.
PDXKnight
RealGM
And1: 2,676

Post#4 » by PDXKnight » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:39 pm

No aloha about him until he helps his team on the court
wallus
Rookie
And1: 1,189

Post#5 » by wallus » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:55 pm

More of these articles please and make sure the Nets players see them.

Sincerely,
The rest of the Eastern Conference.
Zeno
RealGM
And1: 19,690

Post#6 » by Zeno » Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:42 pm

Harden is the Omega Mu of the friend group
When will we just change the name of 25 of the 30 teams to the Washington Generals?

Please advise….

Dan G.
mrroboto4889
Sophomore
And1: 34

Post#7 » by mrroboto4889 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:50 pm

I think we've all had to interact with a mentally unstable person before. At some point, you just let them have their way to avoid confrontation
spree2kawhi
General Manager
And1: 3,810

Post#8 » by spree2kawhi » Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:56 pm

DarthTeufel wrote:Lol what a news headline.

So embarrassing and low :lol:
thelead
RealGM
And1: 25,499

Post#9 » by thelead » Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:59 pm

Why is this 'news'? I'm guessing a majority of fans aren't into the soap opera/reality tv side of sports. This is terrible content.
luss54321
Starter
And1: 297

Post#10 » by luss54321 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:30 pm

thelead wrote:Why is this 'news'? I'm guessing a majority of fans aren't into the soap opera/reality tv side of sports. This is terrible content.

Completely wrong. Fans love the drama of the NBA. It's always entertaining.
niha17
Rookie
And1: 68

Post#11 » by niha17 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:17 pm

yes kyrie is an embarrassment to human life but he still got us clicking on articles about him kudos to him but he too much of a headache this guy cant play with lebron then he couldnt play in boston and no he ran away from the nets. He might be out of the nba shortly. My opinion would be get lost
thelead
RealGM
And1: 25,499

Post#12 » by thelead » Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:01 am

luss54321 wrote:
thelead wrote:Why is this 'news'? I'm guessing a majority of fans aren't into the soap opera/reality tv side of sports. This is terrible content.

Completely wrong. Fans love the drama of the NBA. It's always entertaining.

It's disgusting. If this is 'entertaining', the human species has a long way to go. Focus on the things that truly matter, not this crap.

Return to Wiretap Discussion