RealGM
And1: 2,847

Re: Nets trade for Harden! 

Post#281 » by GTR11 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:12 pm

therealbig3 wrote:
GTR11 wrote:
Fat Kat wrote:Image

Y'all go check their game thread thats a gold mine :rofl:

LMAO this is actually hilarious not gonna lie, where'd you find this?

Duh nix
Mosdefinition
Senior
And1: 116

Post#282 » by Mosdefinition » Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:26 pm

Prokorov wrote:
therealbig3 wrote:Gotta give up something to get something...can’t expect to get a player like Harden and NOT give up a bunch of picks and young talent.

And honestly, we’ve all gone back and forth on Levert...he’s not exactly “young”, and he’s never actually proven that he’s a legit All-Star over the course of an entire season. The main young building block we had to give up was Jarrett Allen and all the picks.

But as people said, really doubt all 7 picks convey to the Rockets, and it’s not like we don’t have picks. What made the Boston trade suck was that we got really bad and they got really good like overnight, so all of those pick swaps conveyed, in addition to giving up high lotto picks. I’m not seeing that happen in this case.

So ultimately, an inconsistent kind of one dimensional wing in his prime, a young defensive center, and a handful of picks for an MVP in his prime isn’t unreasonable. In fact, you’re nuts if you actually turned that down. Got to give up value to get a player of that caliber, and we’re really not giving up crazy value that is unheard of. Clippers gave up a comparable package for Paul George, and he’s not the same caliber player as Harden.

Your point about the picks is spot on.... also to note, in most pick swap situations the difference in picks is 4-8 spots. with boston, it was 20-25 spots. it was extremely odd and an outlier for them to get great and us suck overnight. that wont happen here... and not just because we Have 3 top 10 players, but because Houston is in horrific shape rebuild wise...

-They have John Wall for 3 more years at 45 million per year (Not a typo?!)
-They have Eric Gordon for 4 more years at 18 million per year
-They owe 4 of their next 5 first rounders to OKC (2 picks, 2 swaps*)

* one of the 2 swaps is this years pick, which is a lock to convey. So rockets will lose at least 3 of their next 4 first rounders to the thunder.

Without lotto picks, without legit stars beyond wall (who may even make them treadmill which is worse) and without cap, they arent beocoming a top 5-10 and with 3 MVP types we arent becoming bottom 5.

that is the brilliance of this deal. it looks like 8 picks, but we only owe 7 and 4 probably never convey

You also have to take into account marks really didn't put together a competitive team those seasons they were trying to develop castoffs and late 1st picks and 2nd round picks

They could have signed vets to be more competitive which I wanted at the time but his strategy yielded dlo dinwiddie allen caris and harris

The celtics wouldn't have brown and tatum but the nets probably don't have durant harden and irving if they did what I wanted

This is why I'm on a message board and he's running the team
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#283 » by Paradise » Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:04 pm

MGrand15 wrote:
Paradise wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
How does Kyrie play on Saturday? We have no details on him even going through NBA protocols.

Monday.

He’s been confirmed by Marks to be tested daily. His quarantine won’t be remotely as long.

Not confirmed yet. If the NBA thinks he broke a rule, they could make him quarantine longer even if he tests negative. My guess is the league doesn't do anything since Kyrie probably rented out the venue and it was just family and friends. But Monday is probably still a little too soon unless he's back with the team tomorrow.

It is now.

Read on Twitter
MGrand15
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,758

Post#284 » by MGrand15 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:08 pm

Paradise wrote:
MGrand15 wrote:
Paradise wrote:Monday.

He’s been confirmed by Marks to be tested daily. His quarantine won’t be remotely as long.

Not confirmed yet. If the NBA thinks he broke a rule, they could make him quarantine longer even if he tests negative. My guess is the league doesn't do anything since Kyrie probably rented out the venue and it was just family and friends. But Monday is probably still a little too soon unless he's back with the team tomorrow.

It is now.

Read on Twitter

:lol: :lol:

I won't doubt you again lol
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,572

Post#285 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:36 pm

Paradise wrote:
MGrand15 wrote:
Paradise wrote:Monday.

It is now.

Read on Twitter

So we get the full squad back on Saturday? Thank goodness, we can start building chemistry immediately
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
LoneyROY
Veteran
And1: 2,972

Post#286 » by LoneyROY » Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:37 pm

Haters/media better get their jabs in now, because James is gonna be shutting a lot of mouthes beginning on Saturday.

Harden with a chip on his shoulder is one of the most dangerous athletes on the planet.
Brooklyn91
Pro Prospect
And1: 840

Post#287 » by Brooklyn91 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:42 pm

Harden speaks at 1 pm. Where can I watch?
Brooklyn91
Pro Prospect

Post#288 » by Brooklyn91 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:43 pm

And please god let Kyrie attempt to be on his best behavior to make this work. Harden too. Everybody has to put ego aside to work. No more BS especially Kyrie
Paradise

Post#289 » by Paradise » Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:47 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Paradise wrote:
MGrand15 wrote:

It is now.

Read on Twitter

So we get the full squad back on Saturday? Thank goodness, we can start building chemistry immediately

Yes. The Big 3 will debut tomorrow. We can finally put the Kyrie stuff to bed.

Read on Twitter

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#290 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:12 pm

Great.

Can't wait to see how Harden fits in.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#291 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:15 pm

The more that I look at this deal, the more I think that the Rockets got railroaded.

Barring a complete collapse, those Nets picks won't equate to much as far as high value. And personnel wise, they only got Oladipo (who is going to leave) and Rodi.

oh well.

3pt_chucker
Head Coach
And1: 2,002

Post#292 » by 3pt_chucker » Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:54 pm

Honestly starting to think that Kyrie, Harden, KD(and Marks?) 300IQ'd the Rockets.

It just lines up too perfectly.

1) Kyrie starts off the season in blistering form. Rockets definitely was asking for Kyrie... at least to reroute him elsewhere. Harden also starts off great, looking like he did previously. Rockets feel like they have all the leverage and they might also be able to convince him to stay with the new roster (Wood looks like a legit weapon, Wall healthy again, etc.). Also Caris LeVert is being showcased in a 6th man/Manu role. Rough at first but he starts hitting his stride, great vs 76ers, then 43pts vs Memphis). Allen killing it all season too, looking like he took a leap as a player... LeVert + Allen + picks looks a lot better as a package or Kyrie + LeVert/Allen would be great too.

2) Out of nowhere after looking amazing leading the Nets to a blowout vs the Jazz, Kyrie takes a random leave of absence with zero reasoning for why from Ky or the Nets. Then, Kyrie is "caught" maskless at a b-day party for his sister. Now people are getting legit angry as to why he's not playing. Has he quit on the team?? Still nothing from Kyrie or the Nets. Meanwhile, after starting off great, Harden starts tanking his value... awful play, becoming a meme for being fat, pissing off teammates. LeVert and Allen continue to play well. LeVert gets moved back to the bench, so he can fully run the team when KD is not on the floor. Again, he's being showcased.

3) Fast forward a couple days and Kyrie is "caught" on a random zoom fundraiser, making things even more heated/toxic. Stephen A. Smith says he should RETIRE(lmaoooo). Fans(including myself) are starting to sour on Ky. The SAME DAY, Harden plays terribly, the Rockets get blown out by the Lakers and Harden has a press conference where he says this isn't going to work and throws teammates under the bus. Thanks Houston for his time there. Reports emerge that Harden trade talks have SUDDENLY escalated. The next day the Rockets say Harden is too toxic to play/be around the team and is away from facilities.

Now think about it: Kyrie's trade value is super low mainly because now other teams than the Rockets will want nothing to do with him. So essentially the Nets deal has to be LeVert + Allen + Prince + picks. Also Harden's behaviour is atrocious, tanking his value; meaning that only really the Nets + Philly will be interested. Philly feels like they don't really need him/scared to go all in on Harden especially with the good start they had to the season. Also, due to all the history there, Marks probably knows that Morey will want to fleece the Rockets AND the Rockets will want to do the same to Morey. :lol:

4) So with the Rockets leverage all but evaporated, this leaves the Nets in prime position to finish the deal.Rockets reach out one more time to Morey saying Simmons + Maxey + FRP or we choose Brooklyn. Morey still wants to haggle offering Simmons + Thybulle + picks instead. Now all Marks has to do is add more picks + pick swaps as a sweetener to convince Houston to seal the deal over Philly because he knows with all the toxicity I explained above, the Rockets wants this done ASAP. So BOOM! The Rockets accept and also loop in Indiana and Cleveland.

5) Post-trade, we now know that Kyrie was on the zoom because he was QUARANTINING! :lol: So he was actually doing the right thing. Even better he was helping a good cause close to his heart and the zoom was BEFORE the Nets game anyway, so he could've easily watched the team after the zoom anyway. Also, we learned that Marks had been talking to Kyrie about the trade this entire time, which is a surprise since in a statement a couple days before it seemed like Marks had zero contact with Kyrie!

So in an instant, Kyrie, KD, James are available to play on Saturday and I'm willing to bet $$$ that all 3 will be locked in an ready to go on Saturday, just as planned.:lol: :lol:

Obviously, no one will ever to admit any of this and it could all be a coincidence but it just feels a tad too conviennent how it came together. Either way, I'm not complaining! Let's go Nets! #BrooklynGrit #WeGoHard
LoneyROY
Veteran
And1: 2,972

Post#293 » by LoneyROY » Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:57 pm

Is the press conference gonna be available anywhere?
Paradise

Post#294 » by Paradise » Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:01 pm

LoneyROY wrote:Is the press conference gonna be available anywhere?

It’s airing on ESPN
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 12,878

Post#295 » by Hello Brooklyn » Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:13 pm

Who else feels like Kyrie may have low key tanked his value so the Rockets wouldn't ask for him in a trade?

LOL
Paradise

Post#296 » by Paradise » Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:19 pm

Read on Twitter

YES is also airing the press conference.
Paradise

Post#297 » by Paradise » Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:27 pm

Read on Twitter
Brooklyn91
Pro Prospect

Post#298 » by Brooklyn91 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:59 pm

It’s taking a million years for harden to appear in this presser lol
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#299 » by CalamityX12 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:00 pm

Anyone else planned their work lunch around this conference only yo get jibbed...

Damn it lol
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
Brooklyn91
Pro Prospect

Post#300 » by Brooklyn91 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:25 pm

Harden speaking now

Return to Brooklyn Nets