Wizop
RealGM
And1: 4,056

Re: Levert out indefinitely with mass on kidney 

Post#21 » by Wizop » Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:08 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19

Sent from my phone.
Please edit long quotes to only show what puts your new message into context.
basketballwacko2
RealGM
And1: 3,930

Post#22 » by basketballwacko2 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:15 pm

You know this kind of thing is what makes me think about dumping the NBA and watching WWE at least it's not rigged with cheating refs and idiotic teams management!
basketballwacko2
RealGM

Post#23 » by basketballwacko2 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:46 pm

I'm gonna make one last statement about this, the non stop stream of profanity's and expletive's that have been coming out of me since I saw this when I got home last night has been epic and would make the saltiest sailor blush.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,052

Post#24 » by Scoot McGroot » Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:02 pm

basketballwacko2 wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:
basketballwacko2 wrote:I'm sorry people but the Pacers look like chumps. Why in the world would they take this risk? Here we are a small market team taking a guy who might never play again from Brooklyn and Houston, 2 big market teams and all we get is 2 2nds and $2.6 million and we owe LeVert nearly $50 million from this point on!!?? WTF? There's a word for this it starts with stupid.

Great we found a potentially life threatening issue I hope he's fine, but it's not our responsibility to eat his contract and take this risk and give up Victor for 2 freaking 2nd round picks. Bush league stupidity!

Because Levert might be back in 2 weeks. You're overthinking this. It's very possible that more than one of the people reading this forum have the same or similar issue and never know about it, nor have it affect their lives. Not every lump is cancerous. Nor does it affect life in other meaningful ways. Would have to assume they checked lymph nodes as part of a deeper screening after the initial finding and found no "spread" of anything to indicate it's later stage cancer or anything of the sort. We just saw Rigoberto with the Colts come back a couple weeks after surgery for testicular cancer. I would image we hear that Levert has surgery to have the lump removed and biopsied, and that he really will be back playing sometime in February.

If he comes back in two week and is fine that's great, that is spectacular, KP should run right out and buy a Powerball ticket!

The risk for this team is unacceptable and smacks of a chump being taken advantage of. In my business dealings in my life I've played hard ball. My best interest are always #1. Why don't we just trade for Chris Bosh now!?

The difference between this and the colts punter is that they didn't just make a trade to acquire him and owe him $50 million.

Now one what if? IF he can't play, do the Pacers get the league insurance and can take him off the cap?

Yes. He’s covered by insurance and we could have his salary removed from the cap if he misses the rest of this year.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#25 » by Scoot McGroot » Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:05 pm

basketballwacko2 wrote:You know this kind of thing is what makes me think about dumping the NBA and watching WWE at least it's not rigged with cheating refs and idiotic teams management!

You’re just playing a character here, aren’t you :wink:

That’s funny.
basketballwacko2
RealGM

Post#26 » by basketballwacko2 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:15 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:
basketballwacko2 wrote:You know this kind of thing is what makes me think about dumping the NBA and watching WWE at least it's not rigged with cheating refs and idiotic teams management!

You’re just playing a character here, aren’t you :wink:

That’s funny.

Spoiler:
Pacers_Freak
Veteran
And1: 2,711

Post#27 » by Pacers_Freak » Mon Jan 18, 2021 5:46 pm

basketballwacko2 wrote:I'm sorry people but the Pacers look like chumps. Why in the world would they take this risk? Here we are a small market team taking a guy who might never play again from Brooklyn and Houston, 2 big market teams and all we get is 2 2nds and $2.6 million and we owe LeVert nearly $50 million from this point on!!?? WTF? There's a word for this it starts with stupid.

Great we found a potentially life threatening issue I hope he's fine, but it's not our responsibility to eat his contract and take this risk and give up Victor for 2 freaking 2nd round picks. Bush league stupidity!

Breathe.....
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#28 » by Scoot McGroot » Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:51 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21
Wizop
RealGM

Post#29 » by Wizop » Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:39 pm

There is more on the Star. basically they like LeVert and think there was a growing personality conflict with Vic.

Read on Twitter
Wizop
RealGM

Post#30 » by Wizop » Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:45 pm

6 to 8 weeks is markedly different from Sanchez. becoming clear that they really like LeVert and really were done dealing with Victor.

When I first read the opening line of the JMichael tweet, I thought he was talking about Trump, not Oladipo. I should explain that my twitter feed is full of both sports and politics and at first I confused this as being a political post.
basketballwacko2
RealGM

Post#31 » by basketballwacko2 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:42 am

Scoot McGroot wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

Wasn't LeVert playing about a week ago?
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,556

Post#32 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:03 am

hey I just saw the news that Caris has to get surgery. I'm praying for the best for him, he's a good kid who has had to face a lot of hardship and I don't know why he continues to face these things in his life but I hope he will persevere.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#33 » by Scoot McGroot » Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:02 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#34 » by Scoot McGroot » Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:05 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20
Wizop
RealGM

Post#35 » by Wizop » Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:25 pm

They are saying that no further treatment is necessary but that he'll be out indefinitely. I'm not sure what to read into that if anything.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#36 » by Scoot McGroot » Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:45 pm

Wizop wrote:They are saying that no further treatment is necessary but that he'll be out indefinitely. I'm not sure what to read into that if anything.

Sounds like they caught it super early, and it was contained to the one spot/location. For the “indefinite absence” part, assume it’s just because he had a surgery deep into his core so could be quite tender for awhile.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#37 » by Scoot McGroot » Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:11 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:
Wizop wrote:They are saying that no further treatment is necessary but that he'll be out indefinitely. I'm not sure what to read into that if anything.

Sounds like they caught it super early, and it was contained to the one spot/location. For the “indefinite absence” part, assume it’s just because he had a surgery deep into his core so could be quite tender for awhile.

Oh yeah, also, for the last two years, really, the Pacers haven't really put a timeline on longer injuries, like Oladipo, Lamb, or Warren. I believe they announced "indefinitely" for all those guys as opposed to exact timelines. Seems to be an organizational direction. I would take this to mean it won't just be two weeks or so, as Goga was listed, but instead more of a 6 weeks or more.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,556

Post#38 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:39 pm

Stopping by to send best wishes and to thank goodness that he will be alright. I hope when he comes back he will be a stud for you guys.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
winter_mute_13
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,482

Post#39 » by winter_mute_13 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:52 am

Sounds like good news for Caris and very happy for him that the cancer was caught early. Get well soon!
Cresy06
Junior
And1: 457

Post#40 » by Cresy06 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:29 pm

Very happy about the news and very excited to see him play. Im kinda hoping he will be back in a month or so

Return to Indiana Pacers