Cavaliers To Trade Or Waive Kevin Porter Jr.

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Cavaliers To Trade Or Waive Kevin Porter Jr. 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:36 pm

The Cleveland Cavaliers will trade or waive Kevin Porter Jr. following a screaming match with team officials on Friday.

Porter was upset that his locker was moved to an auxiliary area to accommodate Taurean Prince.

Porter was told to clean out his locker and other members of the roster were informed he'd no longer be on the team.

The Cavaliers picked up an option in Porter's contract last month; he has one year at $1.7 million left on his deal.

Porter was arrested on Nov. 15 after a middle-of-the-night crash when he flipped his Mercedes SUV. In October, Porter raised alarms when he posted a black square on his Instagram with the message "Do you ever wish to see the end of your time?" After Cavs officials and teammates reached out, Porter deleted his Instagram account.

Via Brian Windhorst/ESPN

niha17
Rookie
And1: 68

Re: Cavaliers To Trade Or Waive Kevin Porter Jr. 

Post#2 » by niha17 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:19 pm

Reminds me of office space.
MINDKCUF
Senior
And1: 577

Post#3 » by MINDKCUF » Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:27 pm

i was hoping he would pull himself together after crash but this dont sound like it. i thought he showed some promise watching him last year. hope he gets another chance somewhere.
TheCage4
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 518

Post#4 » by TheCage4 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:55 pm

My initial response was “who?”

Nevertheless, he sounds like a talented player with personality issues. Nothing to see here.
“And where once you had the freedom to object, to think and speak as you saw fit, you now have censors and systems of surveillance coercing your conformity and soliciting your submission.” -Alan Moore
Charlie-Runkle
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#5 » by Charlie-Runkle » Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:07 pm

niha17 wrote:Reminds me of office space.

Ding Ding Ding! I was wondering if anyone else read it like that.
I think anyone would be pissed, esp a kid you already know you have to be extra careful with, if you didn’t warn them beforehand of moving their personals down to lower basement 2. :roll:
Theo Ratliff
Pro Prospect
And1: 718

Post#6 » by Theo Ratliff » Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:32 pm

TheCage4 wrote:My initial response was “who?”

Nevertheless, he sounds like a talented player with personality issues. Nothing to see here.

But not talented enough to keep getting passes for doing stupid stuff. I expect him to be playing overseas in a couple of years. Unless he matures but I doubt it.
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#7 » by Stillwater » Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:36 am

Until you get the facts smh
They "lost" him by their need to hold him out.
There is a fine line between having a teams best interest in the name of a players best interest
while you are doing things that look exactly like they are not in the players best interest. He wants to play and they hold him out?
he is capable of playing and they demote him?
He wants out and his anger is justifiable. But of course this is his immaturity that is the issue
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
Rashidi
Rookie
And1: 145

Post#8 » by Rashidi » Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:26 am

Stillwater wrote:Until you get the facts smh
There is a fine line between having a teams best interest in the name of a players best interest
while you are doing things that look exactly like they are not in the players best interest. He wants to play and they hold him out?
He wants out and his anger is justifiable. But of course this is his immaturity that is the issue

LMAO.

He threw food at team officials, but sure, maturity isn't the issue.

Is that what you do at work when you don't get your way?
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#9 » by Stillwater » Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:31 am

Rashidi wrote:

LMAO.

Idk I mean it sounded like he just pushed everything off the desk food included like any grown man might do if they were mad beyond measure and fed up with being held out of playing and then disrespected by moving his personal stuff without consent. let me know how you would react or have reacted when things in your locker have gone missing or have been felt over by others... its justifiable rage imo I have had coaches tip over the gatorade table and nobody is calling them childish
BigTex
Senior
And1: 79

Post#10 » by BigTex » Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:04 am

Should be a huge demand for him. Maybe the team that signs he can go find Delonte West and let one guide the other.
God Squad
RealGM
And1: 10,184

Post#11 » by God Squad » Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:55 am

Stillwater wrote:
Rashidi wrote:

LMAO.

Idk I mean it sounded like he just pushed everything off the desk food included like any grown man might do if they were mad beyond measure and fed up with being held out of playing and then disrespected by moving his personal stuff without consent. let me know how you would react or have reacted when things in your locker have gone missing or have been felt over by others... its justifiable rage imo I have had coaches tip over the gatorade table and nobody is calling them childish

You're homerism is cool I guess
God Squad
RealGM
And1: 10,184

Post#12 » by God Squad » Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:55 am

KPJ has always had red flags due to maturity.
Rashidi
Rookie
And1: 145

Post#13 » by Rashidi » Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:55 pm

Stillwater wrote:Idk I mean it sounded like he just pushed everything off the desk food included like any grown man might do

I hate to break it to you - grown men don't do this (and I legitimately feel bad for you if you think otherwise).

If you did this to your boss at work, you'd be suspended/fired.

If you did this to your teacher at school, you'd be suspended/expelled.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#14 » by Stillwater » Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:34 pm

Rashidi wrote:
Stillwater wrote:Idk I mean it sounded like he just pushed everything off the desk food included like any grown man might do

I hate to break it to you - grown men don't do this (and I legitimately feel bad for you if you think otherwise).

I did that at a burger joint once when my fries were under cooked. I was 14 or 15
I also threw a chewed up burger at a diner cook and jumped the counter chasing him into the parking lot I was 20 same age as KPJ.
I tipped over the gatorade table at minimum 30 times after losses over the years esp after games that were winnable and my players got the message because kids relate to violence even if adults are expected to refrain from it.
Hes 20 he aint no adult yet
the13thjoker
Sophomore
And1: 30

Post#15 » by the13thjoker » Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:44 am

Rashidi wrote:

A 20 year old Darryl Dawkins smashed a locker room and broke the toilets because none of his teammates "backed him up" when he got into a tussle with Portland players.

People do ridiculous things when they're really upset and are lacking maturity.

Return to Wiretap Discussion