Re: Around the NBA, Season 2020-2021 

Post#101 » by red4hf » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:12 pm

8 draft picks...... Insane......
vryadli
Rookie
And1: 357

Post#102 » by vryadli » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:27 pm

Evidently they wanted to beat Conley trade.
Daddy 801
General Manager
And1: 2,436

Post#103 » by Daddy 801 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:06 pm

Is PJ Tucker worth going after? What would the Jazz offer? I haven’t seen him enough recently to know.
AingesBurner
RealGM
And1: 3,737

Post#104 » by AingesBurner » Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:07 am

Daddy 801 wrote:Is PJ Tucker worth going after? What would the Jazz offer? I haven’t seen him enough recently to know.

Niang and 2nd?
Ingles is cooked.
TNJazz
Rookie
And1: 431

Post#105 » by TNJazz » Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:49 pm

Daddy 801 wrote:Is PJ Tucker worth going after? What would the Jazz offer? I haven’t seen him enough recently to know.

I read somewhere, that the Rockets are asking for 3 2nd round picks. I think Niang plus 2 seconds would do it and that would be a significant upgrade, especially on the defensive end. I have no idea what his contract is, so maybe that would take us out of the running, but I like his game and think he would be a nice fit with us.
Question is, how would he be with coming off the bench?
red4hf
Jazz Forum GTS Champion 2019-2020
And1: 981

Post#106 » by red4hf » Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:56 pm

TNJazz wrote:

I read somewhere, that the Rockets are asking for 3 2nd round picks. I think Niang plus 2 seconds would do it and that would be a significant upgrade, especially on the defensive end. I have no idea what his contract is, so maybe that would take us out of the running, but I like his game and think he would be a nice fit with us.

He's making $8 mil this year...... So Niang for him wouldn't work...... He'd be a huge upgrade, though......
Daddy 801
General Manager
And1: 2,436

Post#107 » by Daddy 801 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 3:13 pm

TNJazz wrote:

Niang seems worth more than a second. Maybe he isn’t worth it to other teams. But he’s a rotational player with an excellent 3 point percentage.
TNJazz
Rookie

Post#108 » by TNJazz » Sat Jan 30, 2021 3:49 pm

Daddy 801 wrote:
TNJazz wrote:

Niang seems worth more than a second. Maybe he isn’t worth it to other teams. But he’s a rotational player with an excellent 3 point percentage.

Agreed, I think Niang has really started to blossom, his shot has improved from the beginning of the season, seems to be a good locker room guy, and he seems to also have a joy for playing, which is a trait I love about this entire team. I suggested him only bc he might be the only upgradeable player we have to use for a PJ Tucker trade. I absolutely believe he is worth more than a 2nd rnd pick, but three 2nd round picks was what was being said the rockets were looking for. Maybe Niang and 1 second? I'm really not interested in trading him, but I am intrigued about adding Tucker to the Jazz lineup.
AingesBurner
RealGM
And1: 3,737

Post#109 » by AingesBurner » Sun Jan 31, 2021 9:28 pm

Niang makes boneheaded decisions.
Ingles is cooked.
sip
Rookie
And1: 1,313

Post#110 » by sip » Wed Feb 3, 2021 4:37 am

I don't know if any of you have been watching the grizzlies but Desmond Bane who was taken with the 30th pick in the draft has looked awesome. The guy is a lights out 3pt shooter and he has solid size for a wing. The griz are putting together one heck of a young team.

Sent from my SM-G988U using RealGM mobile app
Cappy_Smurf
Head Coach
And1: 9,623

Post#111 » by Cappy_Smurf » Tue Feb 9, 2021 11:31 am

The nuggets lost to the bucks, and are currently in the 8th seed behind the kings, 6.5 games behind Utah.

:winkgrin: :clap: :nod:
Dwayne "smells like" Bacon, A.K.A. The Policeman.

Dude needs to wear #50, that way when he's on the fast break, everybody can yell "Here comes five-oh!"
Crunch 99
General Manager
And1: 3,679

Post#112 » by Crunch 99 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:24 pm

Lots of pundits have prematurely handed this year's title to the Lakers imo. There's no player that I'd choose over Lebron to lead a title run, but the Lakers aren't quite as dominant as I expected them to be. They are asking a heck of a lot out of Lebron in his 18th season. They've already had three overtimes games this month where they've barely eked out wins, where Lebron had to play 40 plus minutes with superstar performances to get the wins. AD didn't play in two of the games, and that is becoming a recurring problem.

Imo, at this point in Lebron's long career, AD and the rest of the team should be taking more pressure off Lebron than they are. AD should be becoming the more valuable player and leading more wins, but AD has already missed five games. AD looks like he is set to miss more games after he limped off the court last night. The pressure on Lebron to play substantial minutes and deliver superstar performances night in and night out will continue.
ForeverRDjazz
Starter
And1: 541

Post#113 » by ForeverRDjazz » Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:51 pm

Crunch 99 wrote:Lots of pundits have prematurely handed this year's title to the Lakers imo. There's no player that I'd choose over Lebron to lead a title run, but the Lakers aren't quite as dominant as I expected them to be, and they are asking a heck of a lot out of Lebron in his 18th season. They've already had three overtimes games this month where they eked out wins, but Lebron had to play 40 plus minutes with superstar performances to get the wins. AD didn't play in two of the games, but this is a bit of a recurring problem.

Imo, at this point in Lebron's long career, AD and the rest of the team should be taking more pressure off Lebron than they are. AD should be becoming the more valuable player and leading more wins, but AD has already missed five games, and he looks like he is set to miss more games after he limped off the court last night. The pressure on Lebron to play substantial minutes and deliver superstar performances night in and night out will continue.

LBJ wants MVP this is the way. Carry his team and play what ever time is needed. Might not be the best deal playing huge minutes could end poorly come playoff time. Lets see if Lakers can keep up with Jazz. Clippers missing both stars and won easy can Lakers do that? Because I believe James will be asked to do to much and injury chances will go up.
Crunch 99
General Manager

Post#114 » by Crunch 99 » Tue Feb 16, 2021 4:09 pm

ForeverRDjazz wrote:
Crunch 99 wrote:Lots of pundits have prematurely handed this year's title to the Lakers imo. There's no player that I'd choose over Lebron to lead a title run, but the Lakers aren't quite as dominant as I expected them to be. They are asking a heck of a lot out of Lebron in his 18th season. They've already had three overtimes games this month where they've barely eked out wins, where Lebron had to play 40 plus minutes with superstar performances to get the wins. AD didn't play in two of the games, and that is becoming a recurring problem.

Imo, at this point in Lebron's long career, AD and the rest of the team should be taking more pressure off Lebron than they are. AD should be becoming the more valuable player and leading more wins, but AD has already missed five games. AD looks like he is set to miss more games after he limped off the court last night. The pressure on Lebron to play substantial minutes and deliver superstar performances night in and night out will continue.

LBJ wants MVP this is the way. Carry his team and play what ever time is needed. Might not be the best deal playing huge minutes could end poorly come playoff time. Lets see if Lakers can keep up with Jazz. Clippers missing both stars and won easy can Lakers do that? Because I believe James will be asked to do to much and injury chances will go up.

Clips won again last night playing without George and Leonard. That's impressive. I hope they are both back for our two game series so we can compete against the best lineups that we might see in the playoffs.

Since I made my post yesterday morning, AD's status has been updated to estimated return on 3/11. I suspect that the loss of AD's contribution on both ends of the court is going to be tough for Lebron and the Lakers to overcome these next few weeks.
TNJazz
Rookie

Post#115 » by TNJazz » Tue Feb 16, 2021 4:52 pm

Crunch 99 wrote:Clips won again last night without George and Leonard. That's impressive. I hope they are both back for our two game series so we can compete against the best lineups that we might see in the playoffs.

Agree, It would be good for the Jazz to see how they fair against the full complement as it seems as if the "experts" say the 2 LA teams are the only legit contenders in the west. Not that it is a terrible thing to not have the backing of these experts at this point. The real test would be to play against them with their full complement to see where they are. If nothing else, it would give the Jazz a better idea of what they might need to address to get where they ultimately want to go. Including preseason, we have beaten them twice already this year, but that was not a real test. With the early season win, if we win just one of the next two, it gives us the tiebreaker should that come into play at regular season's end. Could be the difference in being on the other side of the playoff bracket from both teams.
ForeverRDjazz
Starter

Post#116 » by ForeverRDjazz » Tue Feb 16, 2021 5:09 pm

TNJazz wrote:
Crunch 99 wrote:Clips won again last night without George and Leonard. That's impressive. I hope they are both back for our two game series so we can compete against the best lineups that we might see in the playoffs.

Agree, It would be good for the Jazz to see how they fair against the full complement as it seems as if the "experts" say the 2 LA teams are the only legit contenders in the west. Not that it is a terrible thing to not have the backing of these experts at this point. The real test would be to play against them with their full complement to see where they are. If nothing else, it would give the Jazz a better idea of what they might need to address to get where they ultimately want to go. Including preseason, we have beaten them twice already this year, but that was not a real test. With the early season win, if we win just one of the next two, it gives us the tiebreaker should that come into play at regular season's end. Could be the difference in being on the other side of the playoff bracket from both teams.

And hopefully Conley and Jazz will also be back to full strength.
ForeverRDjazz
Starter

Post#117 » by ForeverRDjazz » Tue Feb 16, 2021 5:11 pm

Crunch 99 wrote:
ForeverRDjazz wrote:
Crunch 99 wrote:Lots of pundits have prematurely handed this year's title to the Lakers imo. There's no player that I'd choose over Lebron to lead a title run, but the Lakers aren't quite as dominant as I expected them to be. They are asking a heck of a lot out of Lebron in his 18th season. They've already had three overtimes games this month where they've barely eked out wins, where Lebron had to play 40 plus minutes with superstar performances to get the wins. AD didn't play in two of the games, and that is becoming a recurring problem.

Clips won again last night playing without George and Leonard. That's impressive. I hope they are both back for our two game series so we can compete against the best lineups that we might see in the playoffs.

Since I made my post yesterday morning, AD's status has been updated to estimated return on 3/11. I suspect that the loss of AD's overall contribution on both ends of the court is going to be tough for Lebron and the Lakers to overcome these next few weeks.

Watching rerun of Heat Clips game Heat jumped out 7 0 run. Of course we know they choked. Jazz will play clips good.
goober
GOTB's Cancun
And1: 5,958

Post#118 » by goober » Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:05 pm

I wish Rudy could’ve convinced Batum to come here. He’s doing great things in LA
ForeverRDjazz
Starter

Post#119 » by ForeverRDjazz » Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:05 am

Wow the Suns blew a 24 point lead and nets won. There goes suns winning streak tonight. Can the Jazz beat there own streak of 11? Have to win both LA teams with Hornets. Asking a lot. But hey this year feel different. Why not?
Crunch 99
General Manager

Post#120 » by Crunch 99 » Mon Mar 15, 2021 2:54 pm

The Pelicans blew out the Clips last night. The Pelicans were up 27 at the end of three quarters and won by 20. They had 38 assists. Ball, Ingram and Zion are going to be a great big three of the future, and might already be good enough to squeeze in to this season's playoffs and give someone fits in the first round.

Return to Utah Jazz