ImageImageImage

Nikola Jokic MVPx2, FMVP, and.. still counting!

Moderator: THE J0KER

stoo
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,104

Re: Jokic's production 

Post#241 » by stoo » Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:34 pm

he just said he lost 20-25 pounds during this season
NotSinceWilt
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,255

Post#242 » by skywalker33 » Sat Feb 22, 2020 7:41 pm

Played well last night, seems like he's getting into playoff mode....hope the rest of the Nuggets follow suit (better than they did last night)
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
And1: 6,513

Post#243 » by THE J0KER » Thu Mar 5, 2020 7:04 pm

Read on Twitter
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets

Post#244 » by THE J0KER » Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:11 pm

If the NBA wants to change the logo after Jokic, one solution is ready.

BTW, talking about Jokic production in the playoff I'm pretty sure that except 2xDPoY Gobert, COVID19 is also to be blamed for the lack of rebounds in the Jazz series. In September he looks fit.

THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets

Post#245 » by THE J0KER » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:49 pm

Nikola got married today in his hometown Sombor. Congrats!

Jokic got the ring this season :lol:
skywalker33

Post#246 » by skywalker33 » Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:37 am

Good read on Jokic right after he was drafted by the Nuggets, this is where it all started.

https://www.nba.com/nuggets/news/how-denver-nuggets-discovered-nikola-jokic-062019

TunaFish
Head Coach
And1: 5,777

Post#247 » by TunaFish » Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:26 pm

Read on Twitter
Canned in Denver.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Post#248 » by The Rebel » Tue Dec 22, 2020 8:00 pm

Read on Twitter

Sounds like Jokic is finally becoming the leader we need.
skywalker33

Post#249 » by skywalker33 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 8:28 pm

Well, this IS his team, seems like he's on a mission. Good to hear he's working to get Bol up to speed, looks like he realizes Bol's talent too. If his efforts do pay dividends, this bench could be the best in the NBA

NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Post#250 » by NuggetsWY » Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:02 am

Never get tired of watching his game (except his silly, intentional fouls).

35 mpg - 57% FG - 37% 3pt - 62% 2pt - 84% FT - 11 rpg - 10+ apg - 2 spg - 2.5 assists per turnover

Want a stat that makes no sense? His value over replacement is 1.3. :lol:
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets

Post#251 » by THE J0KER » Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:54 am

This thread becomes the main Jokic thread on this forum, so I think we should rename it. For example:

- Nikola Jokic
- Nikola Jokic MVP
- Nikola Jokic, MVP contender
- Nikola Jokic, the world's best center
- something else (please, give your suggestion)

But talking only about "Jokic's production" subject only, this season so far is very special. In the past Joker usually used the opening two months of the season to play just enough good for the team to win games, and so many games he takes just a few shots, and in many games, he didn't play his best "point-center" role, and Malone also often played him often under 30 minutes even in close games...

But this season so far from the very first game Jokic playing full 35mpg star playing time, he takes enough shots and he is the main playmaker all the time. Jokic leads the whole league in assists and triple-doubles with career-year in many categories, including a notable jump in points (close to 25ppg), steals (TOP5 in the league with 1.9!), and great 66% TS%.

Let's hope he will not become lazy to produce these monster numbers once Porter is back and Murray rises his 2021 game. More he shooting easier for him to made assist while less he shooting he is more predictable and easy to cover, and also, the player with 65%+ TS% should be more involved in scoring anyway.
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets

Re: Nikola Jokic MVP! 

Post#252 » by THE J0KER » Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:37 pm

"Nikola Jokic MVP", solved!
Read on Twitter
Maf
Starter
And1: 868

Post#253 » by Maf » Sun Jan 17, 2021 2:38 pm

THE J0KER wrote:"Nikola Jokic MVP", solved!
Read on Twitter

Have no clue what TPA is but by that Jamal is the worst defender in NBA? Well I am sure someone will explain to us it is all Will Barton's fault.
"I never played a game sober, unfortunately" - Keon Clark

"I've never drunk alcohol socially. I've never took cocain socially. I've never smoked anything socially. I did all of this... to got **** up!" - Ozzy Osbourne
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#254 » by NuggetsWY » Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:09 pm

Maf wrote:Have no clue what TPA is but by that Jamal is the worst defender in NBA? Well I am sure someone will explain to us it is all Will Barton's fault.

Nah, it has been pointed out that he is playing better this year - in many respects. I have a ton of respect for Barton. He's got skills, but he just doesn't fit in Denver's offense. His defense is what I would call All-Star defense - meaning flashy but not something he's serious about. But give him credit, while working on fitting into the offense better, he's also improved his defense somewhat. His defense is no longer just about a flashy block-from-behind, but he's got his head on a swivel, watching to see where he can help. No, he's not a stopper, but he's working at being a good team member on both ends of the court.
Maf
Starter

Post#255 » by Maf » Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:04 pm

NuggetsWY wrote:
Maf wrote:Have no clue what TPA is but by that Jamal is the worst defender in NBA? Well I am sure someone will explain to us it is all Will Barton's fault.

Nah, it has been pointed out that he is playing better this year - in many respects. I have a ton of respect for Barton. He's got skills, but he just doesn't fit in Denver's offense. His defense is what I would call All-Star defense - meaning flashy but not something he's serious about. But give him credit, while working on fitting into the offense better, he's also improved his defense somewhat. His defense is no longer just about a flashy block-from-behind, but he's got his head on a swivel, watching to see where he can help. No, he's not a stopper, but he's working at being a good team member on both ends of the court.

You know I wasn't aiming at you. And you probably know too which posters do that ****. Still claiming Barton is ballhog forcing his shots, not playing any defense etc. I am sick and tired of always reading like we should trade Barton. Not trading for Player X. Just trading him would improve our team. bull.

"I've never drunk alcohol socially. I've never took cocain socially. I've never smoked anything socially. I did all of this... to got **** up!" - Ozzy Osbourne
skywalker33

Post#256 » by skywalker33 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:36 am

Nikola wins Western Conference Player of the Week, Congrats Big Guy !

The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Post#257 » by The Rebel » Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:17 pm

Maf wrote:
NuggetsWY wrote:

You know I wasn't aiming at you. And you probably know too which posters do that ****. Still claiming Barton is ballhog forcing his shots, not playing any defense etc. I am sick and tired of always reading like we should trade Barton. Not trading for Player X. Just trading him would improve our team. bull.

I am assuming you are talking about me, yet you hide in other threads and never post why Barton is so great, just that I am wrong. Why derail threads? Why not try to prove me wrong? Why only post bitching about how I talk about Barton after his 1 good game every 5 games? I guess we both know the reason, you like him, despite the fact that he does not help the team and you know you have no real argument.
Maf
Starter

Post#258 » by Maf » Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:58 pm

The Rebel wrote:
Maf wrote:
NuggetsWY wrote:Nah, it has been pointed out that he is playing better this year - in many respects. I have a ton of respect for Barton. He's got skills, but he just doesn't fit in Denver's offense. His defense is what I would call All-Star defense - meaning flashy but not something he's serious about. But give him credit, while working on fitting into the offense better, he's also improved his defense somewhat. His defense is no longer just about a flashy block-from-behind, but he's got his head on a swivel, watching to see where he can help. No, he's not a stopper, but he's working at being a good team member on both ends of the court.

I am assuming you are talking about me, yet you hide in other threads and never post why Barton is so great, just that I am wrong. Why derail threads? Why not try to prove me wrong? Why only post bitching about how I talk about Barton after his 1 good game every 5 games? I guess we both know the reason, you like him, despite the fact that he does not help the team and you know you have no real argument.

Nah, you're not the only :censored: here who does that ****. I don't have time or mood to debate that nonsence in every thread you or anyone post some bull like Barton does not help the team. That is some real argument? How would I prove such nonsence wrong?

You're wrong if you think I believe Barton is great. I am simply sick and tired of some Nuggets always blaming everything on some hard working players (and coaches, sure). Now everything is Barton's fault. Before that it was Dahntay Jones or Anthony Carter. While I always read how we are killing future superstars like Anthony Randolph, Quincey Miller, now Bol Bol. Oh wait, my favourite was "when J.R. finally gets it..."

NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#259 » by NuggetsWY » Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:10 am

Maf wrote: I am simply sick and tired of some Nuggets always blaming everything on some hard working players (and coaches, sure).

Multiple posters would prefer to see Barton traded and not because he is a bad player. Personally, I think he'd be happier on another team because he would be given more freedom. But he seems happy in Denver and has adjusted his game quite a bit. It seems like perhaps it will take a little longer before he fits in much better (if that happens).

I would be a fan of keeping Barton - IF he were coming off the bench. I know he wants to be a starter, but I imagine him playing predominantly against bench players (when he is indeed starter quality on many teams). He could be a magnificent offensive boost off the bench.
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets

Post#260 » by THE J0KER » Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:02 pm

NuggetsWY wrote:
Maf wrote: I am simply sick and tired of some Nuggets always blaming everything on some hard working players (and coaches, sure).

Multiple posters would prefer to see Barton traded and not because he is a bad player. Personally, I think he'd be happier on another team because he would be given more freedom. But he seems happy in Denver and has adjusted his game quite a bit. It seems like perhaps it will take a little longer before he fits in much better (if that happens).

I would be a fan of keeping Barton - IF he were coming off the bench. I know he wants to be a starter, but I imagine him playing predominantly against bench players (when he is indeed starter quality on many teams). He could be a magnificent offensive boost off the bench.

Yeah, the biggest problem with Barton is that he is a BAD FIT for Jokic point-center system and he takes too many balls from more efficient players Murray and Porter when playing together with them. He can be useful as a backup option, but he and Malone don't want that.

Malone last season has a perfect lineup in Murray-Beasley-Grant-Porter-Jokic, but he tested and used it JUST TWO MINUTES overall. So people should stop trying to justify every Malone decision, he improving as a coach but still can make big mistakes, and his stubbornness is already legendary.

Return to Denver Nuggets