Gregg Popovich Receives COVID-19 Vaccine In PSA

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Gregg Popovich Receives COVID-19 Vaccine In PSA 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:17 pm

Gregg Popovich has received the COVID-19 vaccine, going public with that announcement Thursday to encourage others to receive the shot when they have the opportunity.

Popovich released the news on his 72nd birthday and made the announcement through the NBA in the form of a video.

"Sciencewise, it's a no-brainer. It's the right thing to do so we can all get on track again,'' Popovich said in the video.

The video also shows Popovich receiving the vaccine. "I didn't feel it,'' he told the health care worker who gave him the shot.

Via ESPN

MadDogSHWA
General Manager
And1: 5,347

Re: Gregg Popovich Receives COVID-19 Vaccine In PSA 

Post#2 » by MadDogSHWA » Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:07 pm

Smart people get vaccinated. Stupid people parrot conservative propaganda about vaccines.
"Packin' a Yak in the back by the rack" ~ Big Pun (probably)
grumpysaddle
RealGM
And1: 13,911

Post#3 » by grumpysaddle » Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:24 pm

MadDogSHWA wrote:Smart people get vaccinated. Stupid people parrot conservative propaganda about vaccines.

Right? So tired of the anti-vaxxer crap. Polio and measles were basically eradicated until stupid people decided to disregard experts and avoid vaccines because some idiot on the internet posted a stupid meme.
pootbrah
Bench Warmer
And1: 897

Post#4 » by pootbrah » Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:06 pm

grumpysaddle wrote:
MadDogSHWA wrote:Smart people get vaccinated. Stupid people parrot conservative propaganda about vaccines.

Right? So tired of the anti-vaxxer crap. Polio and measles were basically eradicated until stupid people decided to disregard experts and avoid vaccines because some idiot on the internet posted a stupid meme.

The measles vaccine doesn't even offer lifelong immunity......
liquid_ja
Ballboy
And1: 10

Post#5 » by liquid_ja » Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:47 pm

Pop has chosen Science as his God.
MadDogSHWA
General Manager

Post#6 » by MadDogSHWA » Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:47 pm

pootbrah wrote:
grumpysaddle wrote:

The measles vaccine doesn't even offer lifelong immunity......

Not sure how that is relevant. When Canada & America had really high vaccination rates measles/polio/diptheria etc were considered eradicated. Then those vaccination rates dropped and the diseases returned. The correlation is obvious.

BTW I hate that science has highjacked the term eradicated. In normal parlance that means it no longer exists. But in immunology eradicated just means that it's not prevalent enough to actually spread through a community in numbers that are considered significant.
nedleeds
General Manager
And1: 7,664

Post#7 » by nedleeds » Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:18 pm

Antibodies are great!
Chanel Bomber wrote:I'm not coming back. This is my last song, and it sheets over your whole career. Go Knicks though.
perempe20
Sixth Man
And1: 930

Post#8 » by perempe20 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 12:51 am

When will the the Spurs start to interview coaches?
WestbrookGOATed
Veteran
And1: 2,382

Post#9 » by WestbrookGOATed » Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:06 am

Guess I'm stupid then. Never had a vaccine never will. Especially for a virus that I've probably already had and didn't even know about it, that would be stupid to me. But by all means you go get it.
MadDogSHWA
General Manager

Post#10 » by MadDogSHWA » Fri Jan 29, 2021 2:12 am

Best2EverDoIt wrote:
Guess I'm stupid then. Never had a vaccine never will. Especially for a virus that I've probably already had and didn't even know about it, that would be stupid to me. But by all means you go get it.

Ignorance is bliss. We're a year into this and you don't know the mortality rate for your country or the name of the virus.
G R E Y
Senior Mod - Spurs
Senior Mod - Spurs
And1: 32,436

Post#11 » by G R E Y » Fri Jan 29, 2021 4:25 am

GOAT example and PSA on Pop's birthday!
Read on Twitter
ImageImageImage

The Spurs Way
Thinking of you, Pop :hug:
hyberx
Starter
And1: 384

Post#12 » by hyberx » Fri Jan 29, 2021 5:16 am

There are a ton of anti-vaxxer in your Leftist "celeb" group, including Jim Carrey. Funny you are talking like a parrot lib brainwashed by the MSM propaganda machine, oh the irony.
cfour6
Ballboy
And1: 10

Post#13 » by cfour6 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:05 pm

Best2EverDoIt wrote:

You and me both. My whole family is vax free. My neice of 5 years old healthy as a fox and I haven't been sick in years. The National Vaccine Injury Compensation program surpassed $4 billion in 2019. That means that's how much was paid out to families due to injury or death related, that's not counting those who were not successful. There is a law that you can not sure any pharmaceutical company due to vaccine. Let that sink in.
MadDogSHWA
General Manager

Post#14 » by MadDogSHWA » Fri Jan 29, 2021 2:58 pm

hyberx wrote:

There are a ton of anti-vaxxer in your Leftist "celeb" group, including Jim Carrey. Funny you are talking like a parrot lib brainwashed by the MSM propaganda machine, oh the irony.

Lib's aren't left. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Try opening a book.
nedleeds
General Manager
And1: 7,664

Post#15 » by nedleeds » Fri Jan 29, 2021 5:10 pm

Chanel Bomber wrote:I'm not coming back. This is my last song, and it sheets over your whole career. Go Knicks though.
Risk Addict
Analyst
And1: 236

Post#16 » by Risk Addict » Fri Jan 29, 2021 5:23 pm

Yep kinda drives home the point. Smart people understand the difference between anecdotal evidence and population incidence of disease and complication rates. Focusing on a microcosm leads to narrow minded ideas.

cfour6 wrote:
Best2EverDoIt wrote:

You and me both. My whole family is vax free. My neice of 5 years old healthy as a fox and I haven't been sick in years. The National Vaccine Injury Compensation program surpassed $4 billion in 2019. That means that's how much was paid out to families due to injury or death related, that's not counting those who were not successful. There is a law that you can not sure any pharmaceutical company due to vaccine. Let that sink in.
hyberx
Starter
And1: 384

Post#17 » by hyberx » Fri Jan 29, 2021 7:43 pm

MadDogSHWA wrote:
hyberx wrote:

Try opening a book.

LOL, you read it from the Book of CNN for that joke? Try getting your head out of MSM's behind.
23artest23
Head Coach
And1: 193

Post#18 » by 23artest23 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:28 pm

I see it everyday and that pretty much sums it up. In my experience, conservatives tend to be a bit odd. The vast majority are living in decades past with attitudes from decades past. Many are uneducated. They tend to say that they are religious while simultaneously holding racist views. Real classy people.
MadDogSHWA
General Manager

Post#19 » by MadDogSHWA » Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:19 pm

hyberx wrote:
MadDogSHWA wrote:
hyberx wrote:

Try opening a book.

LOL, you read it from the Book of CNN for that joke? Try getting your head out of MSM's behind.

I'm trying really hard to understand your post and it's reminding me why I don't normally engage with people at your reading level.
MadDogSHWA
General Manager

Post#20 » by MadDogSHWA » Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:20 pm

23artest23 wrote:

I see it everyday and that pretty much sums it up. In my experience, conservatives tend to be a bit odd. The vast majority are living in decades past with attitudes from decades past. Many are uneducated. They tend to say that they are religious while simultaneously holding racist views. Real classy people.

It's interesting the role Christianity plays in white supremacy in Noth America.

Return to Wiretap Discussion