ImageImageImage

Around the League

Moderators: dVs33, Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip

bstein14
RealGM
And1: 8,048

Re: Around the League 

Post#61 » by bstein14 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:50 am

Who is going to trade for Drummond? It must be clear that the Cavs want to have Allen play C for them.

I am not sure anyone gives up any real assets, Cleveland would most likely just be trading Dre for a player that is a better fit with their young team. What Cleveland really needs for him is a good starting SF. Jerami Grant would actually be perfect for that team to push them forward a level. They could have had him with the cap space they would have had had they not traded for Drummond. Garland and Sexton have been playing really well Sexton is shooting the lights out looking like an all-star more than Grant even.

C:Allen
F:Love
F:Grant
G:Sexton
G:Garland
ducler
Cold Hard Gameday Facts
And1: 8,943

Post#62 » by ducler » Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:12 am

bstein14 wrote:Who is going to trade for Drummond? It must be clear that the Cavs want to have Allen play C for them.

I am not sure anyone gives up any real assets, Cleveland would most likely just be trading Dre for a player that is a better fit with their young team. What Cleveland really needs for him is a good starting SF. Jerami Grant would actually be perfect for that team to push them forward a level. They could have had him with the cap space they would have had had they not traded for Drummond. Garland and Sexton have been playing really well Sexton is shooting the lights out looking like an all-star more than Grant even.

C:Allen
F:Love
F:Grant
G:Sexton
G:Garland
It's pretty obvious Cavs will want to trade both Drummond and Love at the deadline, but there will be no market for them as tanking teams don't want them and they are too expensive for contenders so they will prefer to wait till Cavs waive them to sign them at the minimum. That's a Reggie Jackson like situation: paid too much to trade for, not young enough to be a building piece. That will be the same situation next year with Blake Griffin so we better waive him in the offseason.
440BB
Bench Warmer
And1: 811

Post#63 » by 440BB » Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:26 pm

The Cavaliers may want to avoid making trades with the Pistons for a while. They gave us four second round picks and $5m for KPJ in 2019 and absorbed Drummond's contract in 2020. As they try to trade the troubled KPJ, possibly bundling him with overpaid Drummond, they are stuck with players that are unwanted. Adding insult to injury, they signed and subsequently released Thon Maker.

We owe the Cavaliers some thanks.
"I think Halle Berry is pretty in church and in the grocery store" - Troy Weaver
ByeByeDre
Rookie
And1: 373

Post#64 » by ByeByeDre » Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:24 am

Watching Nets on TNT..... looks like I’m watching it in black and white. Lots of camera shots have no color.

There’s your useless information for the night
Piston Pete
RealGM
And1: 1,264

Post#65 » by Piston Pete » Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:07 pm

Drummond is an expiring....

Drummond and JaVale McGee (also expiring)

For

Blake and Okafor?
Pharaoh
RealGM
And1: 4,565

Post#66 » by Pharaoh » Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:31 pm

You wanna watch Dre again?

No thanks!

At least Blake played himself to death for us a couple of years ago.

Dre never played with that level of commitment
Piston Pete wrote:Drummond is an expiring....

Drummond and JaVale McGee (also expiring)

For

Blake and Okafor?

Sent from my SM-G781B using RealGM mobile app
Piston Pete
RealGM
And1: 1,264

Post#67 » by Piston Pete » Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:42 pm

Don’t want Dre.

We can buy him out after, or flip him for a late 1st or 2nd or whatever....

Just want his expiring
Pharaoh
RealGM
And1: 4,565

Post#68 » by Pharaoh » Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:08 am

You think the Cavs want to take in Blake while they still have Love?
Piston Pete wrote:Don’t want Dre.

We can buy him out after, or flip him for a late 1st or 2nd or whatever....

Just want his expiring

Sent from my SM-G781B using RealGM mobile app
ComboGuardCity
RealGM
And1: 4,547

Post#69 » by ComboGuardCity » Mon Jan 25, 2021 3:20 am

Stanley Johnson looking serviceable. Really happy for the guy
SaiCLE
Rookie
And1: 215

Post#70 » by SaiCLE » Mon Feb 1, 2021 5:47 pm

Hey everyone!
I’m a long time Cavaliers fan & I come in peace. I don’t know where to post this but I just need to say you guys are right. Andre Drummond is the worst NBA player I have ever witnessed when it comes to basketball I.q.

Collin Sexton was on his way to becoming one of the best scorers in this league & possibly an shot at making the all star team this year. Drummond killed that smh. So what frustrates me is the former Piston & coach Bickerstaff enabling his BS. Drummond is a terrible offensive player but yet he dominates the ball every game. He refuses to set screens for our guards. He clogs the paint so now Sexton can’t attack. He demands to runs the offense & the coach allows this mess. He puts up big empty stats & he is a huge reason for Cleveland having the 30th ranked offense.
DBC10
General Manager
And1: 2,799

Post#71 » by DBC10 » Mon Feb 1, 2021 6:13 pm

SaiCLE wrote:Hey everyone!
I’m a long time Cavaliers fan & I come in peace. I don’t know where to post this but I just need to say you guys are right. Andre Drummond is the worst NBA player I have ever witnessed when it comes to basketball I.q.

Collin Sexton was on his way to becoming one of the best scorers in this league & possibly an shot at making the all star team this year. Drummond killed that smh. So what frustrates me is the former Piston & coach Bickerstaff enabling his BS. Drummond is a terrible offensive player but yet he dominates the ball every game. He refuses to set screens for our guards. He clogs the paint so now Sexton can’t attack. He demands to runs the offense & the coach allows this mess. He puts up big empty stats & he is a huge reason for Cleveland having the 30th ranked offense.

Yep welcome to the club. Most of us came to this conclusion towards the last few years of his tenure here. He's good at being a big when he wants to, but it has to be done in his way. Just wait until he starts "showing off" his new 3 point shot. He's the least efficient big man I've seen with how much he puts up buckets near and at the paint. The worst part is, if you don't give him the ball, he starts sleepwalking the games away

Pray that you guys can somehow trade him at the deadline. Allen is likely a better and stable option for you in the future
DBC10
General Manager

Post#72 » by DBC10 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:59 pm

Dunno if people here caught the latest Zion game, but he's already a star. He plays with so much poise on the offensive end even when he's an absolute brutish looking guy. It's incredible

I just wish he plays better defense and rebounded a bit better though. Otherwise, what a talent
Invictus88
Analyst
And1: 1,678

Post#73 » by Invictus88 » Sat Feb 27, 2021 4:21 am

Luke Kennard's minutes last 6 games: DNP, DNP, DNP, 11, 6, 2. I know he's battling knee soreness but yikes. Especially the last 2...
jakebernat
Sixth Man
And1: 767

Post#74 » by jakebernat » Sat Feb 27, 2021 4:57 am

Invictus88 wrote:Luke Kennard's minutes last 6 games: DNP, DNP, DNP, 11, 6, 2. I know he's battling knee soreness but yikes. Especially the last 2...

Pat bev and Lou will trade incoming, bet the house on it. no way do they give him that money without some sort of a plan.

that being said...sad. I have very high hopes for Luke as an offensive sparkplug in this league. I hope he pans out. I like Saddiq better though.
DBC10
General Manager

Post#75 » by DBC10 » Sun Feb 28, 2021 3:51 am

Invictus88 wrote:Luke Kennard's minutes last 6 games: DNP, DNP, DNP, 11, 6, 2. I know he's battling knee soreness but yikes. Especially the last 2...

It's bad enough that Mitchell was taken right after him. Him not likely going to reach his potential with that knee is a bummer

Good for him that he got paid, at least we fetched an asset for him. That was a clutch move for Bey
chrbal
RealGM
And1: 1,651

Post#76 » by chrbal » Thu Mar 11, 2021 2:49 pm

Nothing against Blake, but they are already giving him the night off against the Celtics.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thesportsrush.com/nba-news-is-blake-griffin-playing-tonight-vs-boston-celtics-brooklyn-nets-release-injury-report-ahead-of-clash-against-jayson-tatum-and-co/%3famp

I get why the Nets grabbed him up, but I feel like it’s going to be like watching Ewing on the magic
whitehops
General Manager
And1: 6,510

Post#77 » by whitehops » Thu Mar 11, 2021 2:54 pm

chrbal wrote:Nothing against Blake, but they are already giving him the night off against the Celtics.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thesportsrush.com/nba-news-is-blake-griffin-playing-tonight-vs-boston-celtics-brooklyn-nets-release-injury-report-ahead-of-clash-against-jayson-tatum-and-co/%3famp

I get why the Nets grabbed him up, but I feel like it’s going to be like watching Ewing on the magic

i kind of get it, he hasn't even practiced in a month or whatever so he needs some time to get into game shape. i know it doesn't look good but it does kinda make sense.
chrbal
RealGM
And1: 1,651

Post#78 » by chrbal » Thu Mar 11, 2021 3:52 pm

whitehops wrote:
chrbal wrote:Nothing against Blake, but they are already giving him the night off against the Celtics.

i kind of get it, he hasn't even practiced in a month or whatever so he needs some time to get into game shape. i know it doesn't look good but it does kinda make sense.

I get that it makes sense, probably also means he’ll be inactive against us. I just think it would have been better to just say he wasn’t available because he was still getting acclimated.
Cowology
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 3,687

Post#79 » by Cowology » Fri Mar 12, 2021 2:47 am

The Nets don't need to play him. If he's having a decent game, you give him more run. If he doesn't... you don't. You probably don't get a ton out of him most nights, but there will be a handful of games where he makes an impact.

And I'm not going to say he ever mailed it in or didn't try while here, because I honestly have a lot of respect of his character & work ethic, but there is something about playing for a championship that let's you dig just a little deeper. He's going to leave it all out there in the playoffs, like he might never lace them up again. How much his body allows, I dunno, but it won't be for lack of effort.
jakebernat
Sixth Man
And1: 767

Post#80 » by jakebernat » Fri Mar 12, 2021 5:12 pm

the league has moved to eliminate the restrictions on the game limit for 2-way players. this will undoubtedly affect saben lee, who will probably remain on his 2-way status for the rest of the season now, leaving us with an open roster spot for trade flexibility.

just some food for thought since previously, it looked like he was assuredly playing his way into a contract after Blake’s buyout.

Return to Detroit Pistons