Rudy Gobert: Talk With Donovan Mitchell Led To Realization 'We Could Move Forward'

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Rudy Gobert: Talk With Donovan Mitchell Led To Realization 'We Could Move Forward' 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Wed Feb 3, 2021 10:07 pm

Back in March, there was some level of uncertainty over whether Donovan Mitchell and Rudy Gobert could coexist with the Utah Jazz over the long-term. The issue was a pressing one for the Jazz as both players faced extension decisions during the 2020 offseason.

"We had a very honest conversation, and that’s all I needed," Gobert told Sam Amick of The Athletic. "You know, after that, once I knew that I told him everything that was on my mind and I heard everything that was on his mind, I knew that we could move forward. I’m not going to disclose all that, but I knew that once we (had that conversation) we could move forward."

Amick also asked Gobert how he and Mitchell were able to empathize with one another.

"I think it happened within ourselves first. But then with some articles coming out and some **** coming out about (the team), all that was before the bubble. And I decided to just tell everyone, ‘Let’s just talk on the phone.’ We can’t be having media and people putting out articles about some stuff, that are not helping us and helping the team. So we just had very honest phone conversations. And then after that, I really think we were able to move forward and to grow."

Via Sam Amick/The Athletic

lonea
Rookie
And1: 527

Re: Rudy Gobert: Talk With Donovan Mitchell Led To Realization 'We Could Move Forward' 

Post#2 » by lonea » Thu Feb 4, 2021 1:40 am

what was their beef again ?
Theo Ratliff
Pro Prospect
And1: 718

Re: Rudy Gobert: Talk With Donovan Mitchell Led To Realization 'We Could Move Forward' 

Post#3 » by Theo Ratliff » Thu Feb 4, 2021 2:12 am

lonea wrote:what was their beef again ?

Gobert gave him the Coronas.
alienpick
Starter
And1: 617

Post#4 » by alienpick » Thu Feb 4, 2021 2:25 am

Theo Ratliff wrote:

Mitchell FELT that Gobert gave him covid and was mad at Gobert's reckless actions towards covid. (Laughing and joking while touching all the media's microphones)
luss54321
Starter
And1: 297

Post#5 » by luss54321 » Thu Feb 4, 2021 6:11 pm

alienpick wrote:
Theo Ratliff wrote:

Mitchell FELT that Gobert gave him covid and was mad at Gobert's reckless actions towards covid. (Laughing and joking while touching all the media's microphones)

Gobert made a complete fool of himself and seriously jeopardized the health and safety of everyone around him. There's really no defending those actions.

Return to Wiretap Discussion