Head Coach
And1: 3,229

Re: Kevin Durant or Lebron James? 

Post#81 » by freethedevil » Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:22 am

sansterre wrote:
PistolPeteJR wrote:
Dupp wrote:

:lol:

Even for his standards, this is one of his worst reaches LOL.

Vertical spacing? Reach? I see what you did there :)

He does provide some vertcal spacing, but I think draymond+klay thompson probably provide more anyway so.......
LeBird
Pro Prospect
And1: 878

Post#82 » by LeBird » Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:23 am

Anyone saying Durant loses instant credibility. LeBron and it wasn’t even close.
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,677

Post#83 » by Dupp » Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:24 am

freethedevil wrote:
sansterre wrote:
PistolPeteJR wrote:
Even for his standards, this is one of his worst reaches LOL.

Vertical spacing? Reach? I see what you did there :)

He does provide some vertcal spacing, but I think draymond+klay thompson probably provide more anyway so.......

He provided nothing that particular series. Worst of his career.
freethedevil
Head Coach

Post#84 » by freethedevil » Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:26 am

Dupp wrote:
freethedevil wrote:
sansterre wrote:Vertical spacing? Reach? I see what you did there :)

well true, he was kinda washed at that point...
freethedevil
Head Coach

Post#85 » by freethedevil » Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:28 am

feyki wrote:
freethedevil wrote:
Djoker wrote:If the question who was the better basketball player in those years it's Lebron by a noticeable but definitely not a big margin. KD is a better scorer and defender at this point. Lebron obviously had a huge edge in playmaking.

Re: Defense, you've alrady demonstrated no amoutn of evidence can sway you so thi sisn't for you, this is for everyone reading:
Lebron dpipm 2017:
+1.1
Durant:
+0.6
RPM 2017 Lebron:
+0.6
Durant:
D-LEBRON ironically gives durant a marginal edge in the regualr season(+0.88-+0.5), but the other emtrics rate lebron as twice as more or more valuable defensively and all these metirics are rating lebron in the regulars season when he was coasting.

Durant's metrics are generlaly in line with what he did in okc and Lebron was his teams' defensive anchor and priamry paint potector up until 2018, so I don't see much reason to think durant magically became a better defender than lebron when he turned 30.

The warriors were the best poseason defense of the 10's before durant and there's nothing suggesting they got substantially better defensvely with him. Durant's infalted reputation here, like in most regards, seems to be derived from a blatant disregard for basic context.

Lebron was vastly better than durant prior to his arrival on the warriors, and then, as shown when durant faced a modicum of adversity, he was still the far better player.

Lebron was worse in totals of two years in both RPM and PİPM. You cherrypicked the numbers, just.

Durant's PT-PM was 1.7 compared to James -0.25 in the 2017, btw. I did not find 2018 list.

70sFan wrote:
feyki wrote:
Durant's offensive load was not any less from James'. I also think his Rox series was more impressive than any of KD had(defensively), but his offensive load was also extremely high. He may have not higher volume scoring as much as 17,18; but his playmaking volume was much higher than any of James' year.

Wait, what?

So, What? I don't remember when was the last time I did listen Metallica's "so what", it has to be too many years; thanks to you.

Feyki, I literally conceded durant might have been better defensively in 2018. Do you like, not read what yo respond to?
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,677

Post#86 » by Dupp » Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:28 am

freethedevil wrote:
Dupp wrote:
freethedevil wrote:He does provide some vertcal spacing, but I think draymond+klay thompson probably provide more anyway so.......

well true, he was kinda washed at that point...

Wouldnt say washed. The season before was his best ever. Kardashian curse is real.
Jaivl
Head Coach
And1: 6,481

Post#87 » by Jaivl » Fri Feb 12, 2021 3:39 pm

VDT wrote:Lebron is better, Durant gives you probably the higher ceiling if you have a lot of talent, as he doesnt have to dominate the ball.

That's probably true in theory, but... who do you even want with the ball on their hands before LeBron?

The answer is probably limited to... Magic and Nash? And even then, is a lesser-role LeBron (more focused on defense/extra passes/screens/running the break/etc) even worse than Durant?
This place is a cesspool of mindless ineptitude, mental decrepitude, and intellectual lassitude. I refuse to be sucked any deeper into this whirlpool of groupthink sewage. My opinions have been expressed. I'm going to go take a shower.
freethedevil
Head Coach

Post#88 » by freethedevil » Fri Feb 12, 2021 5:23 pm

Jaivl wrote:
VDT wrote:Lebron is better, Durant gives you probably the higher ceiling if you have a lot of talent, as he doesnt have to dominate the ball.

That's probably true in theory, but... who do you even want with the ball on their hands before LeBron?

The answer is probably limited to... Magic and Nash? And even then, is a lesser-role LeBron (more focused on defense/extra passes/screens/running the break/etc) even worse than Durant?

Is it really true in theory? I'm inclined to think that KD-AD is a lot worse than Lebron-AD and Lebron-Giannis is better than KD-Giannis and Lebron-Curry is better than kd-curry. Which superstars,(assume they are equally impactful players), would you actually prefer KD with outside of James Harden?
nzahir
RealGM
And1: 4,612

Post#89 » by nzahir » Fri Feb 12, 2021 7:30 pm

HeartBreakKid wrote:
nzahir wrote:One guy has played with 0 mvps in their prime or near prime

One guy has played with 3 mvps in their primes now

And the guy who has played with 0 mvps has twice the amount of rings, has better all time playoff scoring outbursts, is a much much much better playmaker and ballhandler, a better rebounder, a better defender, a better leader, and a better clutch player

KD is a better shooter than Lebron, sure

Lebron does everything better

KD ruined his legacy ceiling with the GS team

And now instead of just trying to win with a very good squad, he needs to go and basically cheat again and get another prime mvp winner

Why is KD so scared of Lebron?

To be fair you can't really blame Durant for James Harden joining the Nets.

You don't think Durant had a say in this?
nzahir
RealGM

Post#90 » by nzahir » Fri Feb 12, 2021 7:34 pm

Gooner wrote:

And the guy who has played with 0 mvps has twice the amount of rings, has better all time playoff scoring outbursts, is a much much much better playmaker and ballhandler, a better rebounder, a better defender, a better leader, and a better clutch player

And now instead of just trying to win with a very good squad, he needs to go and basically cheat again and get another prime mvp winner

MVP's don't matter. Westbrook has one, but is he better than Wade? Absolutely not. And KD has only played like 10 games with prime Harden as of right now, but I guess that matters in this argument. LeBron has twice the amount of rings for now, but he is 36, KD is still playing like in his prime, and he was injured last year, LeBron never had a season ending injury. Winning 4 rings in 17 years is not against the odds with the kind of help he had.

If we compare skills, KD is just better on the "eye test". LeBron is a better playmaker, but that's his role, he is a point forward. That's the only thing he is distinctly better at than KD. Don't give me rebounding, Lebron averages like 0.5 rebounds more in his career. I'll give ball handling edge to KD, he can actually cross people up instead of just bulldozing through them every time. And it's hard to argue for LeBron beign a better clutch player after 2017 and 2018 finals when KD took over when LeBron refused to.

Lebron would have 6-7 rings rn if not for 2 things

1) Kyrie and or Love stay healthy in 2015
2) KD not creating the most talented team of all time. Cavs win in 2017 and if Kyrie stays, 2018 is also a possibility.

Wade wasn't a superstar after 2010-2011. Pull up his 2013 and 2014 playoff and finals numbers, not impressive at all

Lebron is a better rebounder than KD, regardless of the numbers

Lebron is a more clutch player than KD, pull up the numbers in the playoffs
dcstanley
Sixth Man
And1: 1,281

Post#91 » by dcstanley » Sat Feb 13, 2021 2:41 am

Gooner wrote:

MVP's don't matter. Westbrook has one, but is he better than Wade? Absolutely not. And KD has only played like 10 games with prime Harden as of right now, but I guess that matters in this argument. LeBron has twice the amount of rings for now, but he is 36, KD is still playing like in his prime, and he was injured last year, LeBron never had a season ending injury. Winning 4 rings in 17 years is not against the odds with the kind of help he had.

If we compare skills, KD is just better on the "eye test". LeBron is a better playmaker, but that's his role, he is a point forward. That's the only thing he is distinctly better at than KD. Don't give me rebounding, Lebron averages like 0.5 rebounds more in his career. I'll give ball handling edge to KD, he can actually cross people up instead of just bulldozing through them every time. And it's hard to argue for LeBron beign a better clutch player after 2017 and 2018 finals when KD took over when LeBron refused to.

The only thing KD does better than Lebron is shooting. Lebron is a better finisher, playmaker, post player, defender, floor general. I'm sure you already know this but KD's never had the level of offensive impact that Lebron has had.. they just aren't the same caliber of player.
JordansBulls
RealGM
And1: 5,313

Post#92 » by JordansBulls » Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:23 am

KD walked away with 2 finals mvp's and dominated despite both guys having stacked teams and beat Lebron on the highest stage. This is like a Skip Bayless vs Shannon Sharpe debate.

Here is a glimpse of what Durant did and said.

"Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
- Michael Jordan
nzahir
RealGM

Post#93 » by nzahir » Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:38 am

JordansBulls wrote:KD walked away with 2 finals mvp's and dominated despite both guys having stacked teams and beat Lebron on the highest stage. This is like a Skip Bayless vs Shannon Sharpe debate.

Now show us the 2016 playoffs vs OKC when he CHOKED a 3-1 lead

Something real Goats don't do
JordansBulls
RealGM

Post#94 » by JordansBulls » Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:45 am

nzahir wrote:
JordansBulls wrote:KD walked away with 2 finals mvp's and dominated despite both guys having stacked teams and beat Lebron on the highest stage. This is like a Skip Bayless vs Shannon Sharpe debate.

Never claimed Durant was a GOAT player. Said 2017 and 2018.

Besides Lebron lost to Dwight Howard with HCA while KD lost to Zach Randolph with it. Lebron won bronze medal twice for the USA as well while KD only won gold medals for the USA.
- Michael Jordan
nzahir
RealGM

Post#95 » by nzahir » Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:56 am

JordansBulls wrote:
nzahir wrote:

Never claimed Durant was a GOAT player. Said 2017 and 2018.

Besides Lebron lost to Dwight Howard with HCA while KD lost to Zach Randolph with it. Lebron won bronze medal twice for the USA as well while KD only won gold medals for the USA.

No player is flawless in the modern era

Not even MJ, Kareem, Magic, Bird, etc

Lebron is regarded as a top 3 guy by most people who are credible and listened to, many even say top 2 now

KD is not in this discussion and this is always a huge waste of time, not going to go back and forth on an overdone convo

KD really can't even join the convo, just don't see a path. The value will never be there

Won with the most talented team ever and now he has another prime mvp, an elite all star, and a top 3 shooter in the league.

He doesn't have the potential to ever do some all time great like Lebron in 2016 or carrying that 2007 and 2018 team to the finals.

But maybe nobody in the history of basketball besides Lebron could do that somewhat consistently
JordansBulls
RealGM

Post#96 » by JordansBulls » Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:58 am

I am not debating that. The question was 2017 and 2018. You then brought up 2016 and thus I brought up when both guys lost to inferior teams and or/ didn't get gold medal for America.
- Michael Jordan
Pelly24
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,452

Post#97 » by Pelly24 » Sat Feb 13, 2021 6:14 am

LeBron has always been at least a tier or two better than KD as a player. Even when it comes to scoring, LeBron's been better in the playoffs and is arguably the second greatest scorer of all time. LeBron is simply a much better player than KD, even now.
Djoker
Rookie
And1: 914

Post#98 » by Djoker » Sat Feb 13, 2021 6:32 am

freethedevil wrote:Feyki, I literally conceded durant might have been better defensively in 2018. Do you like, not read what yo respond to?

Might have been better? Lebron was terrible on defense in 2018. KD was much better that season. Even in 2017 KD was better on defense. And of course in those specific FInals series between them, Lebron was also terrible on defense and much worse than KD.

In the post you responded to me you mentioned that KD doesn't touch Lebron as a scorer which is a laughable take. I get that you love Lebron but try to be objective.
PaulieWal
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,141

Post#99 » by PaulieWal » Sat Feb 13, 2021 7:04 am

JordansBulls wrote:

So LeBron won a bronze medal for the USA while playing 10 mins off the bench? I love how you have been called out multiple times for saying this but won't quit your borderline trolling.
JordansBulls wrote:The Warriors are basically a good college team until they meet a team with bigs in the NBA.
thebigbird
Head Coach
And1: 19,897

Post#100 » by thebigbird » Sat Feb 13, 2021 2:36 pm

In what world are the 2018 Cavs “stacked” :lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to Player Comparisons