Ant-Man is it

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Quentin
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,203

Re: Ant-Man ain't it 

Post#241 » by Quentin » Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:38 pm

Big J wrote:I’m the OP here, and I will give the man props for making the shots he actually makes on these 3-14 shooting nights exciting as hell.

He said after the game he didn't care about the dunk, was more concerned about his missing shots. After that, he was filmed on the court working on his shooting.

Read on Twitter
I hang out here and mnrubecentral
Shock Defeat
General Manager
And1: 16,891

Post#242 » by Shock Defeat » Sat Feb 20, 2021 5:02 pm

He has superstar potential if we are being honest with that athleticism.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,809

Post#243 » by Klomp » Sat Feb 20, 2021 6:29 pm

limbo wrote:Well, if there's one thing certain is that this dude has the athletic ability to dominate. I think he might be a more explosive version of Donovan Mitchell, and that says a lot, because Mitchell is pretty damn explosive.

Bigger, stronger too.

Mitchell 6'1.25" 215
Edwards 6'5" 230
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Metallikid
RealGM
And1: 9,962

Post#244 » by Metallikid » Sat Feb 20, 2021 6:48 pm

Quentin wrote:
Big J wrote:I’m the OP here, and I will give the man props for making the shots he actually makes on these 3-14 shooting nights exciting as hell.

He said after the game he didn't care about the dunk, was more concerned about his missing shots. After that, he was filmed on the court working on his shooting.

Read on Twitter

Well, at least they got someone with a motor for once.
Kumar
Junior
And1: 197

Post#245 » by Kumar » Sat Feb 20, 2021 6:59 pm

Wow! Really?!?
Ckay
Head Coach
And1: 8,317

Post#246 » by Ckay » Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:11 pm

Kumar wrote:

Wow! Really?!?

Very sus.
TheDominator273
Sixth Man
And1: 1,079

Post#247 » by TheDominator273 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:17 pm

BoogieTime wrote:His lack of playmaking and team offense stand out when watching him. He’s iso for now
For the time being, Ant is better used in isolations instead of PNR. He doesn't need a pick to get past most defenders, and all the PNR is doing in many cases is providing an extra defender he has to navigate.

With that said, he absolutely needs to develop the ability to play in PNR because he has the potential to be a lethal ball handler in PNR with KAT as the screener. The Wolves want DLo to be the PNR partner with KAT, but his lack of ability to put pressure on the rim makes the prospects of Ant being that guy instead much more tantilizing.
Jakay
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,928

Post#248 » by Jakay » Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:32 pm

Harold Miner?

IDK, it's not like I'm watching Wolves games irl.
Hussien Fatal
Veteran
And1: 1,380

Post#249 » by Hussien Fatal » Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:16 pm

Soon as I heard him say he thought kd was better than Jordan I knew he was gonna bust.
They call me Hussien Fatal its a two game table im robbin you **** cradle wit a knife in your navel....
HotelVitale
RealGM
And1: 9,763

Post#250 » by HotelVitale » Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:04 am

Klomp wrote:
limbo wrote:Well, if there's one thing certain is that this dude has the athletic ability to dominate. I think he might be a more explosive version of Donovan Mitchell, and that says a lot, because Mitchell is pretty damn explosive.

Bigger, stronger too.

Mitchell 6'1.25" 215
Edwards 6'5" 230

Mitchell has become a genius driver and shotmaker off the bounce, though, and no one should ever expect that of a prospect. Edwards' size means he doesn't have to be that good at that stuff to be really good, just needs a couple power moves, a couple counters, and competent/basic passing and shooting. Not easy to do that, but he has to become a lot less good at most of it to be good than most prospects do.
DroseReturnChi
RealGM
And1: 3,142

Post#251 » by DroseReturnChi » Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:10 pm

HotelVitale wrote:
Klomp wrote:

Bigger, stronger too.

Mitchell 6'1.25" 215
Edwards 6'5" 230

Mitchell has become a genius driver and shotmaker off the bounce, though, and no one should ever expect that of a prospect. Edwards' size means he doesn't have to be that good at that stuff to be really good, just needs a couple power moves, a couple counters, and competent/basic passing and shooting. Not easy to do that, but he has to become a lot less good at most of it to be good than most prospects do.

Mitchell was an all star level guy right from his rookie yr. Highly doubt Antman makes the jump in a single yr hes not really improved from his college. Just because he is taller, stronger doesnt mean he will end up better he just has better tools.
Doncic will be goat. Lauri will be his sidekick.
Quentin
Bench Warmer

Post#252 » by Quentin » Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:34 pm

DroseReturnChi wrote:
HotelVitale wrote:
Klomp wrote:Bigger, stronger too.

Mitchell 6'1.25" 215
Edwards 6'5" 230

Mitchell was an all star level guy right from his rookie yr. Highly doubt Antman makes the jump in a single yr hes not really improved from his college. Just because he is taller, stronger doesnt mean he will end up better he just has better tools.

Donovan was also 21 yo when he played his first nba game. Had a very mediocre freshman year and an ok sophomore year in college.

Ant was 19.5. Lots of time to improve before we start these comparisons.
HotelVitale
RealGM
And1: 9,763

Post#253 » by HotelVitale » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:21 pm

DroseReturnChi wrote:
HotelVitale wrote:
Klomp wrote:Bigger, stronger too.

Mitchell 6'1.25" 215
Edwards 6'5" 230

Not sure why it sounds like you're trying to disagree with me, but yeah, obviously. To repeat, Mitchell to everyone's surprise had pretty amazing intuition as a driver and creative finisher that he could put to use in the NBA way more than in college, Edwards doesn't have that stuff now. But he doesn't need to reach quite that level of brilliant intuition to still be good.
Big J
General Manager
And1: 7,418

Post#254 » by Big J » Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:19 am

Another 3-13 game.

Sugarless
Starter
And1: 1,978

Post#255 » by Sugarless » Mon Mar 1, 2021 11:29 am

Edwards is a nice kid, but his game straight up sucks right now. He's exactly what he was at UGA on the court, an extremely inefficient chucker that thinks he's way better than he actually is handling and shooting the ball. And the Wolves are encouraging him to be the worst version of himself, instead of leading him away from his bad habits. He could be so much better as a rookie if he had coaches and a FO that held him accountable, made him play team ball and showed him to make the most out of his attributes (his handle is not great but it is decent, he's explosive, he makes his FTs and he's not unwilling to pass when he gets out of the 'me zone'). He was not a prospect that I liked coming out of college and I'm not more of a fan now, but the Wolves are certainly not helping his development.
Quentin
Bench Warmer

Post#256 » by Quentin » Fri Mar 19, 2021 2:33 pm

Big J wrote:Another 3-13 game.

Big J ain't it I guess?
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,809

Post#257 » by Klomp » Fri Mar 19, 2021 2:35 pm

Read on Twitter

tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Calamity_Cometh
Sixth Man
And1: 2,102

Post#258 » by Calamity_Cometh » Fri Mar 19, 2021 2:37 pm

Big props. Can't even hate.
sip
Rookie
And1: 1,313

Post#259 » by sip » Fri Mar 19, 2021 3:29 pm

This thread definitely didn't age well. There is no doubt in my mind that this kid is a future superstar. From a scoring standpoint he brings everything to the table. I also think he will end up being a beast defensively with his quick feet and strong body.
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,183

Post#260 » by clyde21 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 3:35 pm

Big J wrote:Another 3-13 game.

hi OP

Return to The General Board