SHAM-WOW: "Timberwolves are hiring Raptors assistant coach Chris Finch as the new head coach"

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

RaptorPride
General Manager
And1: 17,505

Re: SHAM-WOW: "Timberwolves are hiring Raptors assistant coach Chris Finch as the new head coach" 

Post#41 » by RaptorPride » Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:03 am

mademan wrote:Bjorken and Finch.. Nick Nurse starting a decent coaching tree.

Nurse is under the Dwane Casey tree
Don't disrespect the GOAT
Spoiler:

slicedbread2
Analyst
And1: 2,714

Re: SHAM-WOW: "Timberwolves are hiring Raptors assistant coach Chris Finch as the new head coach" 

Post#42 » by slicedbread2 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:04 am

Crazy-Canuck wrote:I'm expecting dlo to make a miraculous recovery.

Dude just underwent surgery on his left knee and will be out 4-6 weeks.

I still couldn't believe how badly the T-Wolves blew their opportunity to beat the Knicks. They had them by the ropes and that last minue execution was pathetic. I can see why they made the move they did and I wouldn't be surprised if they'd made their decision before tonight. Either way, Rosas has some major culpability in the assembly of this roster. Giving up a lightly pro. 1st and a high 2nd for Russell was stupid especially considering that the W's would've taken a straight swap due to Russell being a bad fit with Curry in the back court.

The other concerns lie with wings who can shoot but can't defend or vice versa and their lack of a real PF is just bad. Then again as long as Glen "snake" Taylor is around, there will be no light at the end of the tunnel for this team. Anthony Edwards should use this stretch to prove that he can play whilst D'lo is out because his advanced stats and shooting splits are horrendous for the #1 pick. He's got time, but he needs to get his crap together.
Tor_Raps
RealGM
And1: 36,988

Re: SHAM-WOW: "Timberwolves are hiring Raptors assistant coach Chris Finch as the new head coach on mu" 

Post#43 » by Tor_Raps » Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:05 am

Pharmcat wrote:
IceIceBelly wrote:But most importantly, is he black? There's no way it can be perceived as a good hire if he's not.

He's not and got a mid-season multi year contract somehow. This never happens to blacks, who get the dreaded "interim coach" title instead to ride out the season before they get replaced in the summer by someone else .

What about the browns? We never get a chance either lol.
RiRuHoops
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,812

Re: SHAM-WOW: "Timberwolves are hiring Raptors assistant coach Chris Finch as the new head coach on mu" 

Post#44 » by RiRuHoops » Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:08 am

Tor_Raps wrote:
Pharmcat wrote:
IceIceBelly wrote:But most importantly, is he black? There's no way it can be perceived as a good hire if he's not.

He's not and got a mid-season multi year contract somehow. This never happens to blacks, who get the dreaded "interim coach" title instead to ride out the season before they get replaced in the summer by someone else .

Don't get me even started on the asian coaches. They will never get the respect they deserve. And Adam is looking the other way.
FargoWolf
Pro Prospect
And1: 395

Post#45 » by FargoWolf » Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:14 am

Phish Tank wrote:Saunders ain't the issue in Minny

Well yeah, Glen Taylor the guy who hired Ryan Saunders is and has been the issue for a very long time in MN.
G R E Y
Senior Mod - Spurs
Senior Mod - Spurs
And1: 32,633

Post#46 » by G R E Y » Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:15 am

I was just on the Wolves board and was reminded that the team is up for sale. I wonder to what extent this expedited the decision?
ImageImageImage

The Spurs Way
Thinking of you, Pop :hug:
spacemonkey
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,661

Post#47 » by spacemonkey » Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:48 am

FargoWolf wrote:
Phish Tank wrote:Saunders ain't the issue in Minny

Well yeah, Glen Taylor the guy who hired Ryan Saunders is and has been the issue for a very long time in MN.

Taylor does not get enough recognition in the Worst Owners standings.
VanWest82
RealGM
And1: 17,716

Post#48 » by VanWest82 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:55 am

Bjorkgren with Pacers. Finch with Wolves. Casey with Pistons. Scariolo back with Spanish national team. Think it's just Nurse and Adrian Griffin left.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 90,936

Post#49 » by Capn'O » Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:04 am

Nites wrote:Getting a coach fired is basically a championship for the Knicks.

You know it is for Thibs...

Sad that it didn't work out for Saunders as it would've been a good story.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
Tor_Raps
RealGM
And1: 36,988

Post#50 » by Tor_Raps » Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:10 am

RiRuHoops wrote:
Tor_Raps wrote:
Pharmcat wrote:

Don't get me even started on the asian coaches. They will never get the respect they deserve. And Adam is looking the other way.

After all Yao Ming and Jeremy Lin did to bring the game to China too. NBA made so much money off them but won't give the Chinese any head coaching, GMing or President roles.
Caped Crusader
Veteran
And1: 3,863

Post#51 » by Caped Crusader » Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:40 am

GREY 1769 wrote:
Raps in 4 wrote:Nobody wants Pop's coaches anymore with Nurse around.

lol oh dear... didn't this guy have a cup of coffee there? Forever chasing that clout - not a good look. If you weren't, you wouldn't need to keep taking shots at those with it. A third of the league is filled with Spurs coaching/FO staff.

Hopefully the Wolves get things sorted. KAT and DLO have barely played together so hard to gauge their chemistry, but there's a lot to fix. I hope Wolves fans are happy with the change.

Pretty sure that was tongue in cheek. Calm down and don't take everything so seriously.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using RealGM mobile app
KodiakBear
Sixth Man
And1: 2,042

Post#52 » by KodiakBear » Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:55 am

Minnesota was insane to fire Thibbs right after making the playoffs. Saunders never paid his dues and was not ready to be a coach.
GSP
RealGM
And1: 14,715

Post#53 » by GSP » Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:57 am

Raptors are basically the new Spurs

anyone in their scouting or coaching staff you just know is elite
Karate Diop
General Manager
And1: 9,829

Post#54 » by Karate Diop » Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:06 am

360windmill wrote:I would've liked to see Mike D'Antoni work with Towns and D'lo. I mean defense it out of the question anyways with those two so they might as well enhance their offensive abilities with Mike's playbook...

My guess is that D'Antoni is done as a head coach (doesn't want the stress / pressure anymore) and that this ride with Nash will be his last hurrah.
Lalouie
RealGM
And1: 10,066

Post#55 » by Lalouie » Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:13 am

coaching the wolves is a woeful job.
i think they have surpassed the clips by now.

the sole source of validation for that org was garnett. without kg there is no wolves playoff record. there is no flip and no saunders lineage. ryan owes his job to kg.
G R E Y
Senior Mod - Spurs
Senior Mod - Spurs
And1: 32,633

Re: SHAM-WOW: 

Post#56 » by G R E Y » Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:28 am

Caped Crusader wrote:
GREY 1769 wrote:
Raps in 4 wrote:Nobody wants Pop's coaches anymore with Nurse around.

lol oh dear... didn't this guy have a cup of coffee there? Forever chasing that clout - not a good look. If you weren't, you wouldn't need to keep taking shots at those with it. A third of the league is filled with Spurs coaching/FO staff.

Hopefully the Wolves get things sorted. KAT and DLO have barely played together so hard to gauge their chemistry, but there's a lot to fix. I hope Wolves fans are happy with the change.

Pretty sure that was tongue in cheek. Calm down and don't take everything so seriously.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using RealGM mobile app

So you assume that it was tongue in cheek and then assume I 'take everything so seriously' even though another poster also responded. There's no need for you to tell someone else how to react especially to an absurd own goal barb and chase that was simply not based on fact.
ImageImageImage

The Spurs Way
Thinking of you, Pop :hug:
Raptaz
Starter
And1: 2,400

Post#57 » by Raptaz » Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:38 am

_MidNight_ wrote:Stop picking off our people man! Smdh.

Sign of respect.

Not even 3 seasons in for coach nurse

Was starting to enjoy the offense a lot- wanted to see how the raptors built on this offense as the season progressed and possibly into the playoffs.

Congrats coach finch
GSP
RealGM
And1: 14,715

Post#58 » by GSP » Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:43 am

Lalouie wrote:coaching the wolves is a woeful job.
i think they have surpassed the clips by now.

the sole source of validation for that org was garnett. without kg there is no wolves playoff record. there is no flip and no saunders lineage. ryan owes his job to kg.

They made the playoffs with Jimmy a few years ago and got a win

but yes the Wolves are the worst org in the Nba and prolly a bottom 3 org in American sports of the major leagues in the past 30 years
Raptaz
Starter
And1: 2,400

Post#59 » by Raptaz » Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:45 am

RaptorPride wrote:
mademan wrote:Bjorken and Finch.. Nick Nurse starting a decent coaching tree.

Nurse is under the Dwane Casey tree
Don't disrespect the GOAT

Nurse is defensive Philosophy is different and unique that is not a Casey trait .

Coach nurse believes in his players even when they aren't shooting the best fostered development.. this is something Casey didn't do much off with younger guys

Casey always stuck to the same starting 5 and same rotations regular seasons and playoffs....coach nurse experiments,tinkers, uses the regular season to build on stuff to use in the playoffs.

Unfortunately none of this is coach Casey's style . This is all coach nurse, been mentioned players love playing for him
BernteB
Senior
And1: 905

Post#60 » by BernteB » Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:45 am

hahaha, chris finch aka finchy, really? the office fans (bbc) will know.

Return to The General Board