Best offer for Collin Sexton or Darius Garland

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,676

Re: Best offer for Collin Sexton or Darius Garland 

Post#21 » by the_process » Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:46 am

Philly offers Maxey and a 1st for Garland.
DroseReturnChi
RealGM
And1: 3,142

Post#22 » by DroseReturnChi » Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:48 am

DowJones wrote:
DroseReturnChi wrote:White for garland. cavs get a taller prototypical sg so sexton can play point.

I would do this. I like this deal.

I mean Garland has little more value so Bulls would have to give up minor assets. But this is really the ideal deal for both sides.
Same contract, same yr, fills others needs badly.
Doncic will be goat. Lauri will be his sidekick.
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
And1: 6,018

Post#23 » by Dadouv47 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:50 am

the_process wrote:Philly offers Maxey and a 1st for Garland.

That's a steal. No way Philly does that.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,676

Post#24 » by the_process » Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:55 am

Dadouv47 wrote:
the_process wrote:Philly offers Maxey and a 1st for Garland.

That's a steal. No way Philly does that.

You think that's closer to Sexton then?
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder

Post#25 » by Dadouv47 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:59 am

Agree that it's better for the Cavs to wait until draft night. My issue is that I think that Garland isn't valuable enough to move up into the draft to get Cade or Kuminga. If the Cavs gets a top 5-6 pick maybe they could trade Garland and a future 1st to get Kuminga.

Sexton/Allen/Kuminga looks pretty solid to me.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 31,982

Post#26 » by jbk1234 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:02 am

DroseReturnChi wrote:
DowJones wrote:
DroseReturnChi wrote:White for garland. cavs get a taller prototypical sg so sexton can play point.

I mean Garland has little more value so Bulls would have to give up minor assets. But this is really the ideal deal for both sides.
The Cavs wouldn't make this trade. There are Cavs fans who are really high on Sexton so they're willing to take an L on a Garland trade so that Sexton doesn't end up getting shipped out instead. But that doesn't mean the F.O. agrees.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using RealGM mobile app
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#27 » by jbk1234 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:06 am

Dadouv47 wrote:Agree that it's better for the Cavs to wait until draft night. My issue is that I think that Garland isn't valuable enough to move up into the draft to get Cade or Kuminga. If the Cavs gets a top 5-6 pick maybe they could trade Garland and a future 1st to get Kuminga.

Besides Morant, show me another PG averaging 5.4 assists and 16 points per game half way through his second season in the NBA.

cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#28 » by Stillwater » Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:07 am

jbk1234 wrote:
Stillwater wrote:Garland for Poku and salary filler make it happen Coby lol
Read on Twitter

Cavs are not getting much for DG despite some improvement beyond a different player with upside, and Sexton is not available at all imo
Thank god you're not the GM.

LOL maybe I am... :wink: imo Poku is so underrated as a playmaker and given there is so much hate being mislabeled as a 7' weakling that would never play center anyway that people need to learn fast
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#29 » by jbk1234 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:19 am

Stillwater wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Cavs are not getting much for DG despite some improvement beyond a different player with upside, and Sexton is not available at all imo

LOL maybe I am... :wink: imo Poku is so underrated as a playmaker and given there is so much hate being mislabeled as a 7' weakling that would never play center anyway that people need to learn fast
Yes, this is what said about Sekuo last year when he was playing in the G League as well.

cbosh4mvp wrote:
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#30 » by Stillwater » Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:21 am

jbk1234 wrote:
Stillwater wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:Thank god you're not the GM.

Yes, this is what said about Sekuo last year when he was playing in the G League as well.

I'd trade DG for Sekou right now so yeah
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#31 » by jbk1234 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:23 am

Stillwater wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:
Stillwater wrote:LOL maybe I am... :wink: imo Poku is so underrated as a playmaker and given there is so much hate being mislabeled as a 7' weakling that would never play center anyway that people need to learn fast

I'd trade DG for Sekou right now so yeah
And this is why it's a good thing you're not the GM.

cbosh4mvp wrote:
youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,444

Post#32 » by youngcrev » Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:25 am

Sexton would be awesome on the Sixers next to Jo and Ben but they don't have the assets to pull it off
DowJones
RealGM
And1: 6,691

Post#33 » by DowJones » Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:27 am

Dadouv47 wrote:Agree that it's better for the Cavs to wait until draft night. My issue is that I think that Garland isn't valuable enough to move up into the draft to get Cade or Kuminga. If the Cavs gets a top 5-6 pick maybe they could trade Garland and a future 1st to get Kuminga.

If the Cavs get the 3rd pick I could see a swap at #2 if the team at #3 likes Mobley. Garland+Mobley for Suggs? That could work. I don't think Garland is enough to move up from say #6 to #2.
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder

Post#34 » by Dadouv47 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:28 am

Stillwater wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:
Read on Twitter

I'm fine trading Poku to the Cavs for a 2nd round pick
DowJones
RealGM

Post#35 » by DowJones » Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:28 am

jbk1234 wrote:
DroseReturnChi wrote:
DowJones wrote:

The Cavs wouldn't make this trade. There are Cavs fans who are really high on Sexton so they're willing to take an L on a Garland trade so that Sexton doesn't end up getting shipped out instead. But that doesn't mean the F.O. agrees.

FWIW I'm not overly high on either. I can make a case for Garland being better in 2 or 2 years. I just think Sexton's work-ethic gives him both a higher upside and even a higher floor.
E S V L
Analyst
And1: 960

Post#36 » by E S V L » Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:56 am

Toronto maybe interested in Garland offering say 1st 2021 and Flynn.
FK NFL
Chris Porter's Hair
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 3,552

Post#37 » by Chris Porter's Hair » Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:26 am

I was looking the other day at something like Garland and Javale for Oubre. But I know opinions on Oubre vary wildly, and I genuinely had no idea how much value to associate with Garland. I was pretty sure Sexton was worth more.

Personally, I'm pretty pleased with how Oubre is settling out. But I think the reality is that the way he's playing he may well price himself out of practicality for our team, and I'd rather get some pieces we could use than let him walk for nothing.

crzyyafrican makes the best sigs, quite frankly
jordanwilliams6
Analyst
And1: 3,000

Post#38 » by jordanwilliams6 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:02 am

I would offer Coby White for Garland. Coby will be a very good NBA player but the Bulls need more of a pure PG to play with LaVine.

Do Cavs fans prefer Sexton to be with the ball mostly? White has shown elite potential as a catch and shoot option & scorer, but he's not great running an offense and setting others up.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#39 » by jbk1234 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:11 am

jordanwilliams6 wrote:I would offer Coby White for Garland. Coby will be a very good NBA player but the Bulls need more of a pure PG to play with LaVine.

Do Cavs fans prefer Sexton to be with the ball mostly? White has shown elite potential as a catch and shoot option & scorer, but he's not great running an offense and setting others up.
I don't see either of them getting moved before the draft precisely because Sexton is more of a 2 who needs someone else to run the offense.

cbosh4mvp wrote:
DowJones
RealGM

Post#40 » by DowJones » Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:23 am

Chris Porter's Hair wrote:I was looking the other day at something like Garland and Javale for Oubre. But I know opinions on Oubre vary wildly, and I genuinely had no idea how much value to associate with Garland. I was pretty sure Sexton was worth more.

Personally, I'm pretty pleased with how Oubre is settling out. But I think the reality is that the way he's playing he may well price himself out of practicality for our team, and I'd rather get some pieces we could use than let him walk for nothing.

Oubre will be a free agent so the Cavs wouldn’t target him. If GS ends up with the 6th or 7th pick from Minnesota then how about Sexton for the pick?

Return to Trades and Transactions