ImageImageImage

Kendrick Nunn will be a better player than Tyler Herro. Fire Spo.

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

insfo
General Manager
And1: 11,055

Re: Kendrick Nunn will be a better player than Tyler Herro. Fire Spo. 

Post#41 » by insfo » Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:04 pm

I think one of the reasons we are high on Herro is the relationship he built with Butler and how much Butler talked him up last year.
rate_
Analyst
And1: 8,197

Post#42 » by rate_ » Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:26 am

Read on Twitter
Grumpy Heat Fan
General Manager
And1: 8,302

Post#43 » by Grumpy Heat Fan » Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:52 pm

It's incredible how people slept on Nunn due to his injury and Spo's inconsistent minutes and DNP

Imagine how hard it is for a rookie to enter the league in this situation. Apparently he wasn't allowed to have any slump.

Nunn is a baller and will be the best player out of our young guys.
"As for me personally, I don't truly care how much I make these days, my main focus is on playing for a winner." - Dirk Nowitzki, July 2016
abark
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,416

Post#44 » by abark » Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:32 am

Grumpy Heat Fan wrote:It's incredible how people slept on Nunn due to his injury and Spo's inconsistent minutes and DNP

Imagine how hard it is for a rookie to enter the league in this situation. Apparently he wasn't allowed to have any slump.

Nunn is a baller and will be the best player out of our young guys.

100% agree w u on the slump. He dealt with multiple issues and went from the steal of the year to a scrub in most people's eyes.

I don't think people really considered what he was dealing with. He's the same guy that was #2 in ROY last year, and improving.
AirP.
RealGM
And1: 28,511

Post#45 » by AirP. » Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:09 pm

abark wrote:
AirP. wrote:

Although I don't think Nunn will be a better player then Tyler, I don't think they're really all that far apart for what they can do for a team. Herro is looked upon as untouchable while the team has a short window with Butler while Nunn is treated like a 2nd round pick. It's really odd to see that big of a difference between 2 players when they seem to produce about the same, the only real difference is their age.

Herro has potential, but is it top 30 potential? I personally don't think so, especially with him probably being a liability on the defensive end for his position.

(Check what I wrote above in bold in the quote)

Never said Herro has top 30 potential. But let's give him the same benefit of the doubt that he can improve that other 2nd year 20/21 yr old players get.

You are severely underrating how relevant that age difference is.

Sorry, dealing with multiple issues with work today. I may check the bold replies later.

Sure, Herro can get better, I don't think I ever said he couldn't, the question is how much. He's pretty advanced skill wise for his age, but his athletic ability and size will hold him back, normally it's the opposite way for younger players and skills are something you can learn, maybe some athletic ability too size, not so much.

20+ ppg for his career is very possible for Herro, but defensively I don't know if he'll ever be good enough to be a top 2-3 player for a championship level team because THAT'S what keeps you from not doing everything you can do to build around Butler and Bam in this limited size window they have being as good as BOTH are. Who knows, maybe Butler extends another year or 2 in this offseason which may lengthen the window.

If Butler wasn't on the team there would be no thought of moving Herro, it's all about the window. A window that if Miami would have went in all in last year they may have won 1 Championship with Butler now. As it stands now, Butler has helped lead a team in the playoffs only to lose to the eventual champs 2 years in a row in 7 and 6 games. The time is now if you're about Championships, if you're looking to just be good for the long run good luck with Herro being your 1st or 2nd best player.
abark
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,416

Post#46 » by abark » Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:38 pm

AirP. wrote:
abark wrote:
AirP. wrote:

Although I don't think Nunn will be a better player then Tyler, I don't think they're really all that far apart for what they can do for a team. Herro is looked upon as untouchable while the team has a short window with Butler while Nunn is treated like a 2nd round pick. It's really odd to see that big of a difference between 2 players when they seem to produce about the same, the only real difference is their age.

Herro has potential, but is it top 30 potential? I personally don't think so, especially with him probably being a liability on the defensive end for his position.

(Check what I wrote above in bold in the quote)

Never said Herro has top 30 potential. But let's give him the same benefit of the doubt that he can improve that other 2nd year 20/21 yr old players get.

You are severely underrating how relevant that age difference is.

Sorry, dealing with multiple issues with work today. I may check the bold replies later.

Sure, Herro can get better, I don't think I ever said he couldn't, the question is how much. He's pretty advanced skill wise for his age, but his athletic ability and size will hold him back, normally it's the opposite way for younger players and skills are something you can learn, maybe some athletic ability too size, not so much.

20+ ppg for his career is very possible for Herro, but defensively I don't know if he'll ever be good enough to be a top 2-3 player for a championship level team because THAT'S what keeps you from not doing everything you can do to build around Butler and Bam in this limited size window they have being as good as BOTH are. Who knows, maybe Butler extends another year or 2 in this offseason which may lengthen the window.

If Butler wasn't on the team there would be no thought of moving Herro, it's all about the window. A window that if Miami would have went in all in last year they may have won 1 Championship with Butler now. As it stands now, Butler has helped lead a team in the playoffs only to lose to the eventual champs 2 years in a row in 7 and 6 games. The time is now if you're about Championships, if you're looking to just be good for the long run good luck with Herro being your 1st or 2nd best player.

I'm not against moving Herro for the right player. We just seem to disagree that Oladipo, Bam, Butler is enough.

I'd throw in Herro and more for a player that i believe can put us over the top in this window. I've already said not going all in on Harden was a mistake.

This isn't necessarily related to us getting a 3rd star, but our team does really needs a big that can play w Bam. We are pretty set at PG/SG/SF, outside of having one more reliable PG for when Goran is injured. But having Olynyk/Iggy as our PF rotation is really hurting us.
AirP.
RealGM
And1: 28,511

Post#47 » by AirP. » Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:30 pm

abark wrote:I'm not against moving Herro for the right player. We just seem to disagree that Oladipo, Bam, Butler is enough.

I'd throw in Herro and more for a player that i believe can put us over the top in this window. I've already said not going all in on Harden was a mistake.

This isn't necessarily related to us getting a 3rd star, but our team does really needs a big that can play w Bam. We are pretty set at PG/SG/SF, outside of having one more reliable PG for when Goran is injured. But having Olynyk/Iggy as our PF rotation is really hurting us.

Right, we disagree with Oladipo. I wouldn't throw Herro in for Oladipo unless other assets were coming back. Oladipo isn't enough but he gets you a lot closer. I don't think Miami needs a top tier star, I think they need a rotation of 2 way players or as many as they can get.

Since Butler became an offensive player I have thought if you put team of almost all 2 way players around Butler you have a chance at a Championship. Not great players, just decent to solid 2 way players(although Harden would have been perfect with how Butler and Bam like to let others score) and of course the better the 2 way players the better the chances. When I look at the Heat I see a rotation filled of 1 way players... Dragic, Robinson, Herro, Nunn, and Olynyk. Iggy is close to 1 way but has enough offense to be a low end 2 way player.

On Oladipo, he just happens to be one of the few good 2 way player with a lot of upside(if he gets anywhere near what he once was) that could be available. I would love to see a rotation of 2 way players with Butler and Bam and see how far that team could go.

With all the technology/trainers out there to help players become 3pt shooters, I'd rather concentrate on defensive players and work on their 3 point shots to help become more efficient players. The league average is almost 37%, almost anyone who wants to put in the work to become a decent 3pt shooter can become a decent 3pt shooter. Brook Lopez and Marc Gasol completely changed their offensive

https://www.noahbasketball.com/
Grumpy Heat Fan
General Manager

Post#48 » by Grumpy Heat Fan » Tue May 25, 2021 7:54 am

Just want to point out how right I am, almost all of the time.

Kendrick Nunn will be a better player than Tyler Herro.

Tyler Herro will be a career bench player, or might get starter play on bad teams.

And yes.

Fire Spo.
"As for me personally, I don't truly care how much I make these days, my main focus is on playing for a winner." - Dirk Nowitzki, July 2016
contract
RealGM
And1: 20,734

Post#49 » by contract » Tue May 25, 2021 10:38 am

Grumpy Heat Fan wrote:Just want to point out how right I am, almost all of the time.

:lol:

Grumpy Heat Fan wrote:Kendrick Nunn will be a better player than Tyler Herro.

Tyler Herro will be a career bench player, or might get starter play on bad teams.

https://stathead.com/tiny/cZW9p

They are stunningly similar in output. The main differences are 4 years in age, and that Nunn plays the same position as Dragic who is winding down.

In 3 years we'll find out if 24 year old Tyler Herro will be better than Nunn was as a 24 year old rookie. I can assure you that 21 year old Tyler Herro would be absolutely wrecking the the Horizon League or the G-League.

And no ... don't fire Spo.
:meditate: Team Small Ball :meditate:
Grumpy Heat Fan
General Manager

Post#50 » by Grumpy Heat Fan » Tue May 25, 2021 10:41 am

One player is being babied and given everything by the franchise because he played at Kentucky.

The other player has had to struggle and fight for minutes.

That counts for a lot. Nunn clearly doing better.
contract
RealGM

Post#51 » by contract » Tue May 25, 2021 11:01 am

Grumpy Heat Fan wrote:One player is being babied and given everything by the franchise because he played at Kentucky.

The other player has had to struggle and fight for minutes.

That counts for a lot. Nunn clearly doing better.

I think you're seeing what you want to see. Both are limited players. Both will be future marginal starters or rotation bench guys depending on the team around them.

Neither is worth arguing over.
The Bunk
Senior
And1: 1,200

Post#52 » by The Bunk » Tue May 25, 2021 3:09 pm

Gonna regret not trading Herro when he had value. Another off-season of attempting to be a celebrity incoming.
Heat3
RealGM
And1: 14,161

Post#53 » by Heat3 » Wed May 26, 2021 3:58 pm

The Bunk wrote:Gonna regret not trading Herro when he had value. Another off-season of attempting to be a celebrity incoming.

Who was available for Herro?
Pat Riley wrote:There are only two options regarding commitment. You're either IN or you're OUT. There is no such thing as life in-between.

James Johnson wrote:The culture is REAL.

Grumpy Heat Fan
General Manager

Post#54 » by Grumpy Heat Fan » Fri May 28, 2021 3:51 am

Heat3 wrote:
The Bunk wrote:Gonna regret not trading Herro when he had value. Another off-season of attempting to be a celebrity incoming.

There were rumors but never anything concrete.

Personally I think it was the Harden offer.

We REALLY should have traded anyone not named Jimmy and Bam for Harden. We'd be sitting atop the East right now for the next 3 years.
Heat3
RealGM

Post#55 » by Heat3 » Fri May 28, 2021 12:55 pm

Grumpy Heat Fan wrote:
Heat3 wrote:

We REALLY should have traded anyone not named Jimmy and Bam for Harden. We'd be sitting atop the East right now for the next 3 years.

If the rockets wanted herro for harden then they wanted duncan and bam and picks to go along with him.

It is outside the realm of believability that the herro was the main piece of a deal and riley said no. The rockets got a ton of 1st round picks in return, which we don’t have. So somehow herro and cap filler gets us harden? No way.

No doubt homer heat fans would refuse herro for harden straight up and probably pushed that rumor lol. But no chance Riley ever turns that down. It simply wasn’t available. Not for harden or beal.
Pat Riley wrote:There are only two options regarding commitment. You're either IN or you're OUT. There is no such thing as life in-between.

Grumpy Heat Fan
General Manager

Post#56 » by Grumpy Heat Fan » Fri May 28, 2021 1:10 pm

Heat3 wrote:
Grumpy Heat Fan wrote:
Heat3 wrote:

If the rockets wanted herro for harden then they wanted duncan and bam and picks to go along with him.

It is outside the realm of believability that the herro was the main piece of a deal and riley said no. The rockets got a ton of 1st round picks in return, which we don’t have. So somehow herro and cap filler gets us harden? No way.

No doubt homer heat fans would refuse herro for harden straight up and probably pushed that rumor lol. But no chance Riley ever turns that down. It simply wasn’t available. Not for harden or beal.

As Harden delayed his arrival to training camp in December, the Heat became the front-runner for him. Harden's main preference was—and always was—the Nets, but he had no problem going to Miami. Jimmy Butler had even OK'd the trade, according to a league source. Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald reported that the Heat were open to offering two of their younger players, a 2025 first-round pick (provided the Oklahoma City Thunder unlocked the 2023 first-rounder owed them) and Andre Iguodala and Kelly Olynyk.

While Harden participated in Houston's training camp, he believed he would be traded to the Nets or Heat by the start of the season on Dec. 22.

Adam Borai of Five Reasons Sports Network reported the Rockets wanted Duncan Robinson, Tyler Herro, Precious Achiuwa, Kendrick Nunn, salary filler, two first-round picks and four pick swaps. But that wasn't happening. The Heat refused and told the Rockets their final offer, and on Dec. 21, the Heat pulled out, according to ESPN's Brian Windhorst.

-------------

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2934230-the-2-month-trade-request-how-james-harden-forced-his-way-out-of-houston?fbclid=IwAR03kSOXDeGMPrMVPjDqDslKXdFtDW6A6uQAbF5bzqvOEw-0VR-HEasx6BU

So basically,

The Rockets wanted

- Duncan Robinson
- Tyler Herro
- Kendrick Nunn
- Precious Achiuwa
- two first-round picks
- and four pick swaps

and Riley said no.

With James Harden in a Heat uni, those 2 first round picks would be 29th or 30th overall anyway. Who cares.
Same for the pick swaps.

It's time for Riles to retire.
contract
RealGM

Post#57 » by contract » Fri May 28, 2021 2:47 pm

Grumpy Heat Fan wrote:
Heat3 wrote:

I can't stand James Harden. I imagine gouging my eyes out rather than watching him play every day. But in hindsight, you are correct. Anything and everything that wasn't nailed down should have been offered including the Jordan and Marino jerseys. :nod:
Heat3
RealGM

Post#58 » by Heat3 » Sat May 29, 2021 12:48 pm

Grumpy Heat Fan wrote:
Heat3 wrote:
Grumpy Heat Fan wrote:

As Harden delayed his arrival to training camp in December, the Heat became the front-runner for him. Harden's main preference was—and always was—the Nets, but he had no problem going to Miami. Jimmy Butler had even OK'd the trade, according to a league source. Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald reported that the Heat were open to offering two of their younger players, a 2025 first-round pick (provided the Oklahoma City Thunder unlocked the 2023 first-rounder owed them) and Andre Iguodala and Kelly Olynyk.

While Harden participated in Houston's training camp, he believed he would be traded to the Nets or Heat by the start of the season on Dec. 22.

Adam Borai of Five Reasons Sports Network reported the Rockets wanted Duncan Robinson, Tyler Herro, Precious Achiuwa, Kendrick Nunn, salary filler, two first-round picks and four pick swaps. But that wasn't happening. The Heat refused and told the Rockets their final offer, and on Dec. 21, the Heat pulled out, according to ESPN's Brian Windhorst.

-------------

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2934230-the-2-month-trade-request-how-james-harden-forced-his-way-out-of-houston?fbclid=IwAR03kSOXDeGMPrMVPjDqDslKXdFtDW6A6uQAbF5bzqvOEw-0VR-HEasx6BU

So basically,

The Rockets wanted

- Duncan Robinson
- Tyler Herro
- Kendrick Nunn
- Precious Achiuwa
- two first-round picks
- and four pick swaps

and Riley said no.

With James Harden in a Heat uni, those 2 first round picks would be 29th or 30th overall anyway. Who cares.
Same for the pick swaps.

It's time for Riles to retire.

Lets assume that is the actual trade. Where are all these draft picks coming from? Maybe ‘22 and ‘24 1st round pick? Both Harden and Butler contract expire in ‘23. They are 35 in ‘24. Then on top of that there are 4 more years of pick swaps. Can we even swap consecutive years? Could be swaps extending 8 years beyond that (not sure).

That is a lot to give up for a 3 year window. These guys are not mid 20s Lebron/Wade/Bosh. I would turn this deal down too! Even though I have doubts that this is the deal that was offered. This team can’t have long term success by gambling away the next 10 years every year.

Grumpy Heat Fan
General Manager

Post#59 » by Grumpy Heat Fan » Sat May 29, 2021 8:46 pm

are we all agreed now?

Nunn is and will be a better player than Herro
contract
RealGM

Post#60 » by contract » Sat May 29, 2021 8:54 pm

No.

Return to Miami Heat