KP to Warriors

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

matt6715
Veteran
And1: 2,797

KP to Warriors 

Post#1 » by matt6715 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:14 pm

Warriors incoming:

Porzingis, James Johnson, Dorian Finney-Smith

Mavs incoming:

Draymond, Wiseman, Oubre

Why for Mavs? Mavs move on from KP and get a Luka-favorite in Draymond along with Wiseman to completely revamp the frontcourt

Why for Warriors? Warriors swing for the fences with KP, replace some of what Draymond can do with James Johnson, and pick up a cost-controlled 3&D guy in Finney-Smith. Warriors still keep Wiggins and the Minnesota FRP for another deal.
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,327

Re: KP to Warriors 

Post#2 » by Texas Chuck » Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:19 pm

This feels way too tilted to Dallas favor. Even if we called KP and Draymond a wash and Johnson and Oubre a wash -- and personally I have both of those as wins for Dallas already, Wiseman for Dorian isn't close.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
The-Power
General Manager
And1: 9,039

Post#3 » by The-Power » Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:20 pm

Not at all appealing to me. I don't think Porzingis has much if any positive value with his contract and injury concerns, and Green is worth considerably more to the Warriors than he is to other teams. I personally wouldn't do this deal even if Wiseman was not included.
gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,707

Post#4 » by gswhoops » Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:22 pm

Yeah this really really bad for Golden State. Don’t think we’d touch this even if you changed Draymond to Wiggins.
Texas Chuck

Post#5 » by Texas Chuck » Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:24 pm

gswhoops wrote:Yeah this really really bad for Golden State. Don’t think we’d touch this even if you changed Draymond to Wiggins.

Well at that point Dallas has to drop out. Wiseman isn't can't miss enough for Dallas to consider that and while I know many Warriors fans have become Wiggins believers, I am still most definitely not.

Which just goes to show this feels like a needle that can't be threaded.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#6 » by gswhoops » Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:27 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:
gswhoops wrote:Yeah this really really bad for Golden State. Don’t think we’d touch this even if you changed Draymond to Wiggins.

Well at that point Dallas has to drop out. Wiseman isn't can't miss enough for Dallas to consider that and while I know many Warriors fans have become Wiggins believers, I am still most definitely not.

Which just goes to show this feels like a needle that can't be threaded.

Agreed. You have to believe that Wiggins is a huge negative to make Wiggins+Wiseman for KP viable and I don’t think we do.
User_denied
Freshman
And1: 86

Post#7 » by User_denied » Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:29 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:This feels way too tilted to Dallas favor. Even if we called KP and Draymond a wash and Johnson and Oubre a wash -- and personally I have both of those as wins for Dallas already, Wiseman for Dorian isn't close.

Am I missing something here? I read your posts often and usually find them pretty reasonable but this stands out. Has KP fallen so much? Draymonds contract is pretty bad and he has been terrible this year. KP stats look pretty good but TBH I haven't watched a lot of Mavs games. What are you seeing to call that portion of the trade favored for Dallas?
The key is not the ‘will to win’… everybody has that. It is the will to prepare to win that is important
Texas Chuck

Post#8 » by Texas Chuck » Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:33 pm

User_denied wrote:
Texas Chuck wrote:This feels way too tilted to Dallas favor. Even if we called KP and Draymond a wash and Johnson and Oubre a wash -- and personally I have both of those as wins for Dallas already, Wiseman for Dorian isn't close.

Am I missing something here? I read your posts often and usually find them pretty reasonable but this stands out. Has KP fallen so much? Draymonds contract is pretty bad and he has been terrible this year. KP stats look pretty good but TBH I haven't watched a lot of Mavs games. What are you seeing to call that portion of the trade favored for Dallas?

I think a lot of it is that I remain much higher on Draymond than the average poster. He's still a very good defensive player if not still a DPOY caliber one and he remains a great playmaker. Plus the truth is he might be the 2nd best playoff performer of a generation behind only Lebron. Dude shows up in big games.

It probably is time for me to accept the decline is real and probably only going to continue, but I still just feel more confident I know what I'm going to get over the next 3 years from him than what I'm going to get from KP.
Bentley1225
RealGM
And1: 1,560

Post#9 » by Bentley1225 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:35 pm

Something around KP + Richardson for Wiggins + Wiseman?

Doncic
Hardaway
Wiggins
Kleber
Wiseman

Curry
Richardson
Oubre
Green
Porzingis
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 20,779

Post#10 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:39 pm

Anything involving Wiggins the Mavs should turn down and anything without Wiggins but with Wiseman the Dubs should turn down.

I'm not sure what the objective would be here without a third team for Dallas. Would they be looking for a win now player in return? Assets to take a step back? Assets to move elsewhere?
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 3,954

Post#11 » by Mr B » Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:41 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Slim Charless
General Manager
And1: 6,101

Post#12 » by Slim Charless » Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:48 pm

Bentley1225 wrote:Something around KP + Richardson for Wiggins + Wiseman?

Doncic
Hardaway
Wiggins
Kleber
Wiseman

Curry
Richardson
Oubre
Green
Porzingis

This doesn't seem that bad. Those lineups look good for both teams.
Yenrallik1111
Sixth Man
And1: 329

Post#13 » by Yenrallik1111 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:49 pm

if I am the warriors I consider dray for KP swap. he is younger, much higher ceiling. Maybe the warrior culture can help him take the next step. but it is step back immediately as dray's leadership and defense is better than what KP can provide in those specific areas. it is a risky move but could be worth it if GSW believes in KP. I am most definitely not giving wiseman/oubre for johnson/smith. that part is a joke
Wolveswin
Head Coach
And1: 2,398

Post#14 » by Wolveswin » Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:52 pm

Why not just:

Wiseman + Oubre + Filler + 2021 Wolves 1st

FOR

Porzingis + Small Filler (into TPE)
gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#15 » by gswhoops » Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:55 pm

Mr B wrote:

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s an absolutely preposterous overpay from GS.

I don’t think KP has the value to return Wiseman or the Minnesota pick, even with Wiggins attached. Both is a non-starter
gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#16 » by gswhoops » Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:56 pm

Wolveswin wrote:Why not just:

Wiseman + Oubre + Filler

FOR

Porzingis + Small Filler (into TPE) + 2021 Wolves 1st

I assume this is a typo and we’re sending the Minnesota pick to Dallas?
gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#17 » by gswhoops » Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:56 pm

[Edit: double post]
Texas Chuck

Post#18 » by Texas Chuck » Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:58 pm

please ignore Mike Bacsik. He's a baseball guy who thinks he's a basketball guy who got fired for racist remarks. He's an absolute clown, not someone you should cite as a source.
Wolveswin
Head Coach
And1: 2,398

Post#19 » by Wolveswin » Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:01 pm

gswhoops wrote:

Wiseman + Oubre + Filler

FOR

Porzingis + Small Filler (into TPE) + 2021 Wolves 1st

I assume this is a typo and we’re sending the Minnesota pick to Dallas?

That would be correct. I will change.
matt6715
Veteran
And1: 2,797

Post#20 » by matt6715 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:45 pm

Wiseman + Oubre + Filler + 2021 Wolves 1st

FOR

Porzingis + Small Filler (into TPE)

This feels appropriate to me as far as value - I just generally have a really tough time gauging Draymond in trades like this. I think the Mavs would genuinely see him as value in the original deal.

Return to Trades and Transactions