KP to Warriors

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,006

Re: KP to Warriors 

Post#21 » by FNQ » Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:49 pm

I dont see how this works at any level.. KP is not a fit with our style and what we want from the C position. Salary is prohibitive (obviously Draymond not going out here - has to be Wiggins).. I dont see at all from our standpoint. And if there is a point where it became worth it for us, it almost certainly wouldnt for Dallas
Ilovethebay
Senior
And1: 166

Post#22 » by Ilovethebay » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:07 pm

matt6715 wrote:
Wolveswin wrote:Why not just:

Wiseman + Oubre + Filler + 2021 Wolves 1st

FOR

Porzingis + Small Filler (into TPE)

This feels appropriate to me as far as value - I just generally have a really tough time gauging Draymond in trades like this. I think the Mavs would genuinely see him as value in the original deal.

:o Seems way off to me.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 31,982

Post#23 » by jbk1234 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:12 pm

Mr B wrote:
gswhoops wrote:Yeah this really really bad for Golden State. Don’t think we’d touch this even if you changed Draymond to Wiggins.

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That website just churns out trade machine stuff and a lot of it doesn't make sense. The fundamental concern you have with Porzingis is his health and why Dallas is open to moving him. If you can get by that, he has more trade value than either Green or Wiggins IMO and by a significant delta. If you can't get by that, you're probably not in the market for him.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,707

Post#24 » by gswhoops » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:31 pm

Wolveswin wrote:Why not just:

Wiseman + Oubre + Filler + 2021 Wolves 1st

FOR

Porzingis + Small Filler (into TPE)

Massive asset overpay that also puts us in obscene luxury tax hell

I don’t think KP has the juice to pull one of these assets. Let alone both. That’s a better package than NY got when his value was higher.

Maybe others are a lot higher on him than I am, but my best offer would be Wiggins + some minor asset (i.e., not Wiseman or the MIN pick) and I expect that wouldn't hold much interest for Dallas.
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,309

Post#25 » by dakomish23 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:36 pm

If it happens, it might be Wiggins worst of the GSW MIN pick. Idk why DAL would do that but that’s the offer I think GSW might give
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
Commodor
Analyst
And1: 957

Post#26 » by Commodor » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:49 pm

GSW please stay away from KP as far as possible. We have had enough injury issues the past 3 years and our defense is just coming together. KP would ruin all of that.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,006

Post#27 » by FNQ » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:55 pm

Quick side note on KP - maybe Mavs fans know, but having trouble finding it on the google

Whatever happened to the allegations against KP? I mean I'm sure they've blown over by now, as its been 2 years, but I cant find any closure on the incident, anywhere
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,201

Post#28 » by babyjax13 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:04 pm

I think it is Wiseman + Oubre for Kristaps + something.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 3,957

Post#29 » by Mr B » Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:50 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:please ignore Mike Bacsik. He's a baseball guy who thinks he's a basketball guy who got fired for racist remarks. He's an absolute clown, not someone you should cite as a source.

I wouldn’t go that far on Bacsik. First off the racists comments were not really racists. It was an off hand comment about Mexicans but people didn’t know that his wife is Mexican. It was an ignorant comment but didn’t come from a place of hate.

Bacsik is a local Dallas guy and former MLB pitcher who, your right, is not a basketball guy. He’s more of just a hard core Mavs fan.

He also did not guarantee that this trade would happen, and wasn’t even his idea. He was retweeting a proposed trade he saw.

Mr B
RealGM

Post#30 » by Mr B » Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:54 pm

jbk1234 wrote:
Mr B wrote:
gswhoops wrote:Yeah this really really bad for Golden State. Don’t think we’d touch this even if you changed Draymond to Wiggins.

Read on Twitter
?s=21

That website just churns out trade machine stuff and a lot of it doesn't make sense. The fundamental concern you have with Porzingis is his health and why Dallas is open to moving him. If you can get by that, he has more trade value than either Green or Wiggins IMO and by a significant delta. If you can't get by that, you're probably not in the market for him.

From my understanding the Mavs have been gauging potential trades for every player on the roster not named Luka. When it comes to upside KP just has the most value. Obviously his health is a huge issue. Right now I believe the Mavs are just throwing things against the wall and see what sticks.

Mr B
RealGM

Post#31 » by Mr B » Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:56 pm

FNQ wrote:Quick side note on KP - maybe Mavs fans know, but having trouble finding it on the google

Whatever happened to the allegations against KP? I mean I'm sure they've blown over by now, as its been 2 years, but I cant find any closure on the incident, anywhere

Honestly that just kind of disappeared. If I remember correctly there were some holes in the girl’s story but then it just disappeared. Likely he settled out of court with the girl.

Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,635

Post#32 » by Coxy » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:28 pm

User_denied wrote:
Texas Chuck wrote:This feels way too tilted to Dallas favor. Even if we called KP and Draymond a wash and Johnson and Oubre a wash -- and personally I have both of those as wins for Dallas already, Wiseman for Dorian isn't close.

Am I missing something here? I read your posts often and usually find them pretty reasonable but this stands out. Has KP fallen so much? Draymonds contract is pretty bad and he has been terrible this year. KP stats look pretty good but TBH I haven't watched a lot of Mavs games. What are you seeing to call that portion of the trade favored for Dallas?

You're not watching games, Draymond has been quite good.
Coxy
RealGM

Post#33 » by Coxy » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:32 pm

Not interested in the Op.

There's a basis there from the Wiseman/Oubre for Zinga/++, but I think it could die after they start talking about the extra's needed to make it work.
JD45
General Manager
And1: 261

Post#34 » by JD45 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:33 pm

I could see a trade where the Mavs asked Golden State for Wiseman and the Wolves pick in exchange for whatever trade they wanted that didn't include Luka. GS would maximize run for a championship this year while Curry is playing like an MVP and fix their cap. Mavs blow it up for rebuild around Luka and kids.

My guess would be:

Mavs get:
Wiseman
Wolves 1st
Thompson
Wiggins
Wanamaker

Warriors get:
Porzingis
Hardaway
Richardson
Kleber
Brunson
"Government is the great fiction through which everyone endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else"

Frederic Bastiat
gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,707

KP to Warriors 

Post#35 » by gswhoops » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:36 pm

JD45 wrote:I could see a trade where the Mavs asked Golden State for Wiseman and the Wolves pick in exchange for whatever trade they wanted that didn't include Luka. GS would maximize run for a championship this year while Curry is playing like an MVP and fix their cap. Mavs blow it up for rebuild around Luka and kids.

My guess would be:

Mavs get:
Wiseman
Wolves 1st
Thompson
Wiggins
Wanamaker

Warriors get:
Porzingis
Hardaway
Richardson
Kleber
Brunson

Is this thread just a contest to see who can make the most offensive trade proposal to Warriors fans now?

Why don’t we throw in Curry for JJ and Powell while we’re at it.
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,346

Post#36 » by Texas Chuck » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:40 pm

Yeah this thread was based on a pretty sketchy rumor, but hey that's okay. Rumors are fun and a thread is cool.

But when we start piling up half the rosters I think maybe we need to dial it back a wee bit.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Coxy
RealGM

Post#37 » by Coxy » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:41 pm

gswhoops wrote:
JD45 wrote:I could see a trade where the Mavs asked Golden State for Wiseman and the Wolves pick in exchange for whatever trade they wanted that didn't include Luka. GS would maximize run for a championship this year while Curry is playing like an MVP and fix their cap. Mavs blow it up for rebuild around Luka and kids.

My guess would be:

Mavs get:
Wiseman
Wolves 1st
Thompson
Wiggins
Wanamaker

Warriors get:
Porzingis
Hardaway
Richardson
Kleber
Brunson

Is this thread just a contest to see who can make the most offensive trade proposal to Warriors fans now?

Why don’t we throw in Curry for JJ and Powell while we’re at it.

This one almost had me, but I say no to any deal involving Wanamaker.
Apz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,928

Post#38 » by Apz » Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:17 pm

And there is 0 chance kleber is moved. And deal does nothing for mavs really, klay is out and a bigger injury risk then KP atm for like 4 starters and their 6th man. Thats not going to happen
aguiar95
Rookie
And1: 548

Post#39 » by aguiar95 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:03 pm

DAL in: Collins, Wiggins.
DAL out: Porzingis, Burke.

GSW in: Porzingis.
GSW out: Wiggins, MIN pick.

ATL in: MIN pick, Burke.
ATL out: Collins.

Dallas still have the salaries to go for a Drummond (they need a center bad) trade in Johnson/Powell.

Doncic/Brunson
Richardson/Hardaway
Wiggins/Finney-Smith
Collins/Kleber
Drummond/Cauley-Stein

Feels like ATL should give GSW something (since they wanted a lottery pick), but I'm not really sure.
Lenneth
Rookie
And1: 1,766

Post#40 » by Lenneth » Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:23 pm

Really don't see why Warriors are even interested in KP. His offense style really doesn't fit with Warriors, and he will get attacked relentlessly at the defensive end, which is what Warriors did to KP. Not saying he is a bad player or anything, but at this point, he is a good, but flawed max player. Won't mind getting him for cheap, but I won't really part with Wiseman or Wolves pick. It would be tricky to match his salary, and Mavs will probably get more from other teams.

Return to Trades and Transactions