Image ImageImage Image

NBA Trade Thread # 3

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

kodo
RealGM
And1: 13,232

Re: NBA Trade Thread # 3 

Post#661 » by kodo » Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:17 pm

Torn meniscus requiring repair, strained achilles, now whatever this new stem cell thing he underwent. It's amazing he's even playing given he goes through a major lower body medical issue every season. I think Rose's knees are stronger at this point.

Huge gamble from Ainge to sign him to a max.
weneeda2guard
RealGM
And1: 4,899

Post#662 » by weneeda2guard » Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:30 pm

My gut tells me Mark Cuban will make make run at markenen considering he ready to move on from Porzingis.
"they taking rose kindness for a weakness"
PrimzyBulls81
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,226

Post#663 » by PrimzyBulls81 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:52 pm

weneeda2guard wrote:My gut tells me Mark Cuban will make make run at markenen considering he ready to move on from Porzingis.

I would do a major trade with Markannen, Satoransky, Valentine going to Mavs for Powell, James Johnson and Brunson..

Roll with :
Brunson, Lavine, Williams, Young, Carter
Arci, White, Temple, Hutch, Johnson, Powell
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,639

Post#664 » by sco » Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:56 pm

weneeda2guard wrote:My gut tells me Mark Cuban will make make run at markenen considering he ready to move on from Porzingis.

Because having a 7 foot outside shooter with a propensity for getting injured worked so well for him with KP. I think KP has cured him of his Dirk nostalgia, but if he wants more...nothing would make me happier.
:clap:
VolumePoster
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,025

Post#665 » by VolumePoster » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:50 pm

Marcus Smart is the guy I would target as someone who could blow up a bit in a new setting. And even if he doesn’t substantially improve on offense, he still gives us a psycho-level defender.

Every team needs one of those.
MGB8
RealGM
And1: 3,086

Post#666 » by MGB8 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:06 pm

The problem with Dallas is that most of their first round picks are committed, including their 2021 unprotected first to the Knicks. They don't have much to offer otherwise. I liked Tyrell Terry and Tyler Bey as draft prospects, but they've shown nothing so far.
The only Lauri trade I can think of that might be doable and make sense would be with Portland for Nassir Little, Zach Collins (out indefinitely) and a lottery protected in the future (not this offseason since they owe that to Brooklyn and/or Houston - lotto protected).

If the plan was to try to do something this season, I'd trade Porter, Gafford, Hutchinson and 2nd round pick to Cleveland for Drummond and, assuming he is at all healthy, Dellevadova.
leo921
Senior
And1: 216

Post#667 » by leo921 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:06 pm

Would love a White/Carter trade for Myles Turner. He would fit great as a 3nD center, better rebounder and inside scorcer then you think becuase he has been forced outside due to Sabonis.

Would do the same trade for the Grizzlies center Valanciunas, good defender, solid on the boards, good at pick n roll, can score
jordanwilliams6
Analyst
And1: 3,015

Post#668 » by jordanwilliams6 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:09 pm

We need to stay very far away from guys like Porzingis & Walker. It’s one thing to stick with the guys your organisation drafted and hope they get over their injury issues whilst they are still cheap. It’s another to seek out and trade in injury prone guys on massive overpaid contracts. AK is smarter than that, it would set us back years.
gobullschi
Veteran
And1: 899

Post#669 » by gobullschi » Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:22 pm

leo921 wrote:Would love a White/Carter trade for Myles Turner. He would fit great as a 3nD center, better rebounder and inside scorcer then you think becuase he has been forced outside due to Sabonis.

Would do the same trade for the Grizzlies center Valanciunas, good defender, solid on the boards, good at pick n roll, can score

I’d rather see Coby and Wendell develop than move both of them for low ceiling centers. Turner and JV are minor upgrades over WCJ IMO.
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,639

Post#670 » by sco » Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:40 pm

gobullschi wrote:
leo921 wrote:Would love a White/Carter trade for Myles Turner. He would fit great as a 3nD center, better rebounder and inside scorcer then you think becuase he has been forced outside due to Sabonis.

I’d rather see Coby and Wendell develop than move both of them for low ceiling centers. Turner and JV are minor upgrades over WCJ IMO.

I think Turner and JV are more than minor upgrades.
:clap:
gobullschi
Veteran

Post#671 » by gobullschi » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:33 pm

sco wrote:
gobullschi wrote:

Wendell Carter Jr. - 21 Years Old
13.1 PPG, 7.7 RPG, 2.2 APG, 0.8 BPG

Myles Turner - 24 Years Old
13.2 PPG, 6.6 RPG, 1 APG, 3.5 BPG

JV - 28 Years Old
16.0 PPG, 11.2 RPG, 1.9 APG, 0.7 BPG

It’s difficult to compare guys who are 3 or 7 years older and say they’re an upgrade. Of course they are an immediate upgrade, but that’s assuming WCJ doesn’t continue to develop. By the time WCJ is 24 the gap between the two gets a lot smaller.

Then when you bring their contracts into the picture and the Bulls losing 2 cost controlled lottery picks it’s an easy pass for me.
PaKii94
RealGM
And1: 6,544

Post#672 » by PaKii94 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:22 pm

gobullschi wrote:
sco wrote:
gobullschi wrote:

JV - 28 Years Old

It’s difficult to compare guys who are 3 or 7 years older and say they’re an upgrade. Of course they are an immediate upgrade, but that’s assuming WCJ doesn’t continue to develop. By the time WCJ is 24 the gap between the two gets a lot smaller.

Then when you bring their contracts into the picture and the Bulls losing 2 cost controlled lottery picks it’s an easy pass for me.

I think you're underrating miles turner. He's turned a corner this year and is a legitimate defensive anchor DPOY kind of player with legit size. He can also shoot the 3 ball. I like wcj and hope he can get to that level but he has a ways to go
gobullschi
Veteran

Post#673 » by gobullschi » Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:45 pm

PaKii94 wrote:
gobullschi wrote:
sco wrote:I think Turner and JV are more than minor upgrades.

JV - 28 Years Old

I think you're underrating miles turner. He's turned a corner this year and is a legitimate defensive anchor DPOY kind of player with legit size. He can also shoot the 3 ball. I like wcj and hope he can get to that level but he has a ways to go

He’s having one of his worst years shooting from 3 (32%), which is slightly better than WCJ’s 29%. Turner is shooting a much higher volume but still, below average % wise. WCJ rebounds and passes the ball better.

Myles Turner’s defensive statistics did stand out to me, but I’d like to see it continue longer than a 20 game stretch. (3.5 BPG is crazy). I don’t value the center position as much as some on here so that’s another factor.

I know people are down on Coby White, but too often people on here overreact. He just turned 21 years old and is the only other guy on the Bulls that can create off the bounce.
PaKii94
RealGM
And1: 6,544

Post#674 » by PaKii94 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:53 pm

gobullschi wrote:
PaKii94 wrote:
gobullschi wrote:

JV - 28 Years Old

He’s having one of his worst years shooting from 3 (32%), which is slightly better than WCJ’s 29%. Turner is shooting a much higher volume but still, below average % wise. WCJ rebounds and passes the ball better.

Myles Turner’s defensive statistics did stand out to me, but I’d like to see it continue longer than a 20 game stretch. (3.5 BPG is crazy). I don’t value the center position as much as some on here so that’s another factor.

I know people are down on Coby White, but too often people on here overreact. He just turned 21 years old and is the only other guy on the Bulls that can create off the bounce.

I guess I'm imagining coby and Lavine both being on the team and starting. Then we need a defensive center upgrade
gobullschi
Veteran

Post#675 » by gobullschi » Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:57 pm

PaKii94 wrote:
gobullschi wrote:
PaKii94 wrote:

I guess I'm imagining coby and Lavine both being on the team and starting. Then we need a defensive center upgrade

Coby was included in the deal proposed.
CaPiTanAK
Pro Prospect
And1: 435

Post#676 » by CaPiTanAK » Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:01 pm

PaKii94 wrote:
gobullschi wrote:
PaKii94 wrote:

Which you can get for the MLE or with a first rounder nowadays. Defensive specialized big should be the last thing that we're looking for. Today NBA wants playmaking and shotmaking.
coldfish
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 35,181

Post#677 » by coldfish » Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:43 am

Any way the Bulls could get Deandre Hunter? Like, at all? Would love to put him next to Pat. Lauri + picks + filler.

In general, I love to watch the Bulls when they go with their more athletic lineups. Zach + PW + DH would be murderous.
DroseReturnChi
RealGM
And1: 3,142

Post#678 » by DroseReturnChi » Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:34 am

ofc kp is washed and lauri is the new euro hope. but stupid AK doesnt realize this he didnt hand 4/80 contract.
Doncic will be goat. Lauri will be his sidekick.
Chi town
RealGM
And1: 6,978

Post#679 » by Chi town » Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:32 am

coldfish wrote:Any way the Bulls could get Deandre Hunter? Like, at all? Would love to put him next to Pat. Lauri + picks + filler.

In general, I love to watch the Bulls when they go with their more athletic lineups. Zach + PW + DH would be murderous.

He’s hurt.
Evil_Headband
Starter
And1: 896

Post#680 » by Evil_Headband » Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:43 pm

Return to Chicago Bulls