The bones of MAVS/BULLS/RAPS/HAWKS blockbuster

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

DangerZone13
Senior
And1: 681

The bones of MAVS/BULLS/RAPS/HAWKS blockbuster 

Post#1 » by DangerZone13 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:43 pm

So given needs, and rumours, let's move some pieces. Add picks where you think necessary, but it seems to help each team.

Dallas
In: Lowry, Collins, picks?
Out: Porzingis, Green, Brunsen
Why: They get Lowry to run with Luka, and Collins to build with. Lowry comes off the books to pay for Collins' contract this summer.

Chicago
In: Porzingis, McCaw
Out: Carter Jr., Porter Jr., Dotson
Why: Bulls get a big name running mate for Lavine before he hits free agency, showing him they're serious. I think Chicago might gamble on something like this.

Toronto
In: Carter Jr., Porter Jr. Dotson
Out: Lowry, McCaw
Why: Raptors need a big, and could utilize Carter Jr's bbiq and youth. Porter Jr. could find a role as well. Get something for Lowry.

Atlanta
In: Green, Brunsen, pick(s)?
Out: John Collins
Why: The Hawks don't seem enamoured with the idea of paying Collins big money, so here they get some promising youth to fuel their stockpile. Develop or use them as assets, they'll be around longer than Collins.

I'm aware there's some tinkering to do, but it seems to help each team in different ways.
:banghead: "Calling out trolls" by quoting them makes YOU part of the problem to those wise enough to use the Ignore button. Please don't add to board pollution.
Godaddycurse
RealGM
And1: 10,276

Re: The bones of MAVS/BULLS/RAPS/HAWKS blockbuster 

Post#2 » by Godaddycurse » Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:51 pm

atlanta says no. they want to win now and they dont need 2 more guards when they have like 3 PG and 3 SG already
jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,916

Post#3 » by jayu70 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:55 pm

Atlanta passes.
They are trying to make the playoffs this season.
A backup PG/SG in Brunson and adding another SG in Green to Bogdan, Huerter and Reddish is not the answer.
BadWolf
General Manager
And1: 3,238

Post#4 » by BadWolf » Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:58 pm

It only makes sense for Dallas, who make out like bandits.Bulls aren't in position to add an always injured high salary guy. Raptors maybe but I think they value Lowry more and Hawks get a really rough deal here
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,693

Post#5 » by Texas Chuck » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:18 pm

Godaddycurse wrote:atlanta says no. they want to win now and they dont need 2 more guards when they have like 3 PG and 3 SG already

Atlanta definitely should not do this, but I have backup PG as a problem still not solved. Dunn isn't really a PG and Rondo isn't the answer.

I expect them to address that again in the off-season unless they start playing well again and can justify addressing it now.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Yenrallik1111
Sixth Man
And1: 329

Post#6 » by Yenrallik1111 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:24 pm

I would be fairly tempted to cut the bulls and just take KP while keeping McCaw.
chefdan
Sophomore
And1: 70

Post#7 » by chefdan » Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:59 pm

Atlanta says no, adding 2 more guards to a roster that has Trae, Reddish, Huerter, Bogdan, Dunn, Rondo, Goodwin & Mays. Schlenk has already said he won't move Collins for less than a high lottery pick which this isn't.
DangerZone13 wrote:So given needs, and rumours, let's move some pieces. Add picks where you think necessary, but it seems to help each team.

Dallas
In: Lowry, Collins, picks?
Out: Porzingis, Green, Brunsen
Why: They get Lowry to run with Luka, and Collins to build with. Lowry comes off the books to pay for Collins' contract this summer.

Chicago
In: Porzingis, McCaw
Out: Carter Jr., Porter Jr., Dotson
Why: Bulls get a big name running mate for Lavine before he hits free agency, showing him they're serious. I think Chicago might gamble on something like this.

Toronto
In: Carter Jr., Porter Jr. Dotson
Out: Lowry, McCaw
Why: Raptors need a big, and could utilize Carter Jr's bbiq and youth. Porter Jr. could find a role as well. Get something for Lowry.

Atlanta
In: Green, Brunsen, pick(s)?
Out: John Collins
Why: The Hawks don't seem enamoured with the idea of paying Collins big money, so here they get some promising youth to fuel their stockpile. Develop or use them as assets, they'll be around longer than Collins.

I'm aware there's some tinkering to do, but it seems to help each team in different ways.

Sent from my AMN-LX2 using RealGM mobile app
coldfish
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 35,204

Post#8 » by coldfish » Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:12 am

As a Bulls fan, I would be pretty disappointed if Chicago traded for KP. Him and Zach wouldn't work any better than him and Luka.
ChettheJet
Head Coach
And1: 1,913

Post#9 » by ChettheJet » Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:33 am

I hardly see TOR being enthused about this.

If the Bulls are willing to spend north of $34M for a new player they might as well wait until after this season when they have more than $40M to spend and could up that by buying out Young and Satoransky. They could try to sign someone less injury prone that KP or once the trading period fires up use the cap space there.
Kurt Heimlich
Head Coach
And1: 5,303

Post#10 » by Kurt Heimlich » Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:56 am

I've said it elsewhere (a Kemba Walker to Bulls thread I think) but trading for another huge money, injury prone guy feels like a bad strategy, one that the Bulls already got burned by with OPJ (albeit at a low asset value cost). Wendell hasn't exactly been an iron man either, but his injuries still feel "flukey" compared to Zingers chronic trending history. WCJ still has the intriguing Horford/Bam upside and isn't 22yo yet. All that coupled with his significantly cheaper cost and I'm passing for the Bulls.

All that said, this is too good for Dallas and Atlanta is selling pretty low on Collins. These are the most glaring holes in the deal. It sounds like Raptor fan(s) might be interested in KP though. So cutting the Bulls out and balancing value between Dallas and ATL might get it there.
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,174

Post#11 » by Mr Swagtastic » Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:24 am

Kurt Heimlich wrote:I've said it elsewhere (a Kemba Walker to Bulls thread I think) but trading for another huge money, injury prone guy feels like a bad strategy, one that the Bulls already got burned by with OPJ (albeit at a low asset value cost). Wendell hasn't exactly been an iron man either, but his injuries still feel "flukey" compared to Zingers chronic trending history. WCJ still has the intriguing Horford/Bam upside and isn't 22yo yet. All that coupled with his significantly cheaper cost and I'm passing for the Bulls.

All that said, this is too good for Dallas and Atlanta is selling pretty low on Collins. These are the most glaring holes in the deal. It sounds like Raptor fan(s) might be interested in KP though. So cutting the Bulls out and balancing value between Dallas and ATL might get it there.
I think Chicago should still see what WCJ can bring for one more year, with the post trade I don't see them as a good team. Atlanta definitely says no to this Collins is worth a lot more.

If Chicago wants out then and Porzingis is available I think Toronto should be in the sweepstakes especially if it doesn't cost, VanVleet, Siakam or Anunoby
Lord Leoshes wrote:i personally would rather keep Chalmers over Lowry

Return to Trades and Transactions