ImageImageImageImageImage

Ben Simmons - Fantastical Scenario

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,277

Re: Ben Simmons - Fantastical Scenario 

Post#21 » by Raps in 4 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:57 pm

mihaic wrote:There was a post on the Basketball news about Philly interested in Lowry a few days ago. A Philly fan was willing to do something like this (less favourable to Raptors)

Powell+Boucher+Lowry+ two 2nd rounders for Simmons + Danny Green expiring + two 1st rounders

Don't personally like it as it guts our team, but that is more realistic.

Masai would take that offer without a second thought.
Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,277

Post#22 » by Raps in 4 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:58 pm

I think Philly and BKN should swap Kyrie and Simmons. Both teams win that trade.
mihaic
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,073

Post#23 » by mihaic » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:04 pm

Raps in 4 wrote:
mihaic wrote:There was a post on the Basketball news about Philly interested in Lowry a few days ago. A Philly fan was willing to do something like this (less favourable to Raptors)

Powell+Boucher+Lowry+ two 2nd rounders for Simmons + Danny Green expiring + two 1st rounders

On a second thought I would take it too eventually but I would negotiate something different. I would drop one of the 1st picks received, and replace Boucher with McCaw, Thomas, etc... A team of FVV/Simmons/OG/Pascal/Boucher could be championship team IMO. Imagine the D. Switch on everything and help on Fred mismatch, whenever he does not box and 1.

Anyways no way Philly does any of those, Colangelo is no longer there
Basketball_Jones
RealGM
And1: 16,733

Post#24 » by Basketball_Jones » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:18 pm

Sixers wanna give us some draft picks! Speak it into existence...
2019 Eastern Conference All Stars

Derozan
Lowry
Ibaka
Valanciunas
Van Vleet
Delon Wright
Lebron
Embiid

There are only 2 teams in the league that rank in the top 6 in offensive and defensive efficiency: the Golden State Warriors and the Toronto Raptors.
Morris_Shatford
Senior Mod - Raptors
Senior Mod - Raptors
And1: 5,449

Post#25 » by Morris_Shatford » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:34 pm

If Philly would consider a deal structure around Simmons for Lowry +,
I would offer to help Lowry pack and drive him to the airport and I am a huge Lowry fan.

I just don't see Philly doing it. Lowry doesn't move the needle for enough this season to do it.
Thanks to Turbozone for the Sig!
Duckrice
Junior
And1: 872

Post#26 » by Duckrice » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:44 pm

I would happily accept Simmons but it's not gonna happen. He would be a monster with the Rap - he's already a top 5 defensive player in the league, imagine if Nurse got to work with him?
bluerap23
Head Coach
And1: 6,572

Post#27 » by bluerap23 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:00 pm

Personally - I'd aim higher. We should trade Lowry for LeBron.
TD2FutureStar
Sixth Man
And1: 1,369

Post#28 » by TD2FutureStar » Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:03 pm

Lowry for Kawhi makes more sense
bboyskinnylegs
RealGM
And1: 25,496

Post#29 » by bboyskinnylegs » Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:10 pm

there may have been a time when this might have been realistic, but that was probably at Simmons' lowest point last season.
phanman
General Manager
And1: 8,371

Post#30 » by phanman » Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:15 pm

Any possible scenario involving Lowry for Simmons would have to include OG and possibly Norm and/or FRPs.

I'd be comfortable giving that up. 76ers get 3 guys that fit the 3-D mold, a reliable 2nd/3rd option to split with Harris and realistically all 3 of them start alongside Tobias and Embiid.
Merit
Head Coach
And1: 2,886

Post#31 » by Merit » Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:28 am

mihaic wrote:
Raps in 4 wrote:

On a second thought I would take it too eventually but I would negotiate something different. I would drop one of the 1st picks received, and replace Boucher with McCaw, Thomas, etc... A team of FVV/Simmons/OG/Pascal/Boucher could be championship team IMO. Imagine the D. Switch on everything and help on Fred mismatch, whenever he does not box and 1.

If we want defensive versatility with a lack of shooting and an improved front court presence, we can look to Cleveland for Larry Nance. He’d cost far far less, be paid less and also be a great fit for the Raps. And we would keep Lowry.

We can also look at PJ Tucker.
I believe in Masai.
Def Leppard
Analyst
And1: 2,218

Post#32 » by Def Leppard » Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:34 am

I'm with rarefind
rarefind wrote:The time and place for the Sixers to have moved Simmons was for Harden.

Let's stop this... there is no level of desperation that can creep in where the Sixers trade Ben Simmons for an expiring KL. This is actual madness, guys.

Sent from my SM-G981W using RealGM mobile app
"Rise up, gather round, rock this place, to the ground"
Zan Tabacco
Senior
And1: 281

Post#33 » by Zan Tabacco » Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:39 am

Morey/Embiid love Lowry so who knows. Anything is possible. Simmons would fit this team like a glove. He's one of the only guys I'd offer as many picks as possible for.

Lowry + 4 picks unprotected FRP (2021, 2023, 2025, 2027) for Simmons

Vanvleet
Powell
Anunoby
Siakam
Simmons

That's as good as any team in the East for the next 5 years.
missionman
Junior
And1: 370

Post#34 » by missionman » Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:18 pm

Merit wrote:
mihaic wrote:
Raps in 4 wrote:

If we want defensive versatility with a lack of shooting and an improved front court presence, we can look to Cleveland for Larry Nance. He’d cost far far less, be paid less and also be a great fit for the Raps. And we would keep Lowry.

We can also look at PJ Tucker.

I'm all over the idea of Nance, because its way more plausible. Far less 'fantastical' than Simmons. But what do you mean "lack of shooting"? Nance has been a decent 3 point shooter the last few years and is shooting 38% from 3 this year. I find it interesting that he is listed as PF/C - haven't seen him play too much in the last couple of years, but C?
missionman
Junior

Post#35 » by missionman » Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:25 pm

Zan Tabacco wrote:Morey/Embiid love Lowry so who knows. Anything is possible. Simmons would fit this team like a glove. He's one of the only guys I'd offer as many picks as possible for.

Vanvleet
Powell
Anunoby
Siakam
Simmons

Cool. We agree. And that was sort of hte point of my post here -it ain't ever gonna happen - but really, how much that gets proposed on these forums actually happens? - I can't think of a better fit between a player and a team he could be traded to (esp so flawed a player in today's NBA - imagine a guy who can't shoot outside of 5 feet!) .
Zan Tabacco
Senior
And1: 281

Post#36 » by Zan Tabacco » Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:16 pm

missionman wrote:
Zan Tabacco wrote:Morey/Embiid love Lowry so who knows. Anything is possible. Simmons would fit this team like a glove. He's one of the only guys I'd offer as many picks as possible for.

Vanvleet
Powell
Anunoby
Siakam
Simmons

Cool. We agree. And that was sort of hte point of my post here -it ain't ever gonna happen - but really, how much that gets proposed on these forums actually happens? - I can't think of a better fit between a player and a team he could be traded to (esp so flawed a player in today's NBA - imagine a guy who can't shoot outside of 5 feet!) .

I think Simmons is ideally suited to play the 5 in today's game as well. Imagine this team in transition. To me he's a much faster, more athletic, but smaller Jokic with elite defense. Jokic has more range, but the elite defense Simmons possesses is much more valuable in my opinion.
Mack11
RealGM
And1: 56,989

Post#37 » by Mack11 » Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:27 pm

yeah no way they trade simmons for lowry.. we should see if they'd be down for a norm simmons swap
missionman
Junior

Post#38 » by missionman » Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:06 pm

Mack11 wrote:yeah no way they trade simmons for lowry.. we should see if they'd be down for a norm simmons swap

Powell for Simmons might be crazier to some than Lowry. But, what if it were Powell AND Lowry in the offseason in sign and trade?

One of my questions (again in this purely hypothetical implausible scenario) above was - is it possible to sign BOTH Lowry and Powell (assuming he opts out) and trade BOTH to Philadelphia for Ben Simmons? I think Simmons makes 33MM or something. I doubt Lowry gets another 30MM contract, but I could see Powell and Lowry making together $35mm... I'm sure if both Lowry and Powell were getting their market value in salary, its possible they would be amenable to that deal - they'd both still be on a contending team and getting their good money.

I don't want this to happen. I'd far prefer the Raptors re-sign Powell and Lowry. I'm a homer for all of our players.

But the defensive lineup with Simmons is super intriguing.

And the idea of Signing TWO guys and trading them both for one guy should also be a forum worthy discussion!!
alienchild
RealGM
And1: 17,155

Post#39 » by alienchild » Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:33 pm

phanman wrote:Any possible scenario involving Lowry for Simmons would have to include OG and possibly Norm and/or FRPs.

I'd be comfortable giving that up. 76ers get 3 guys that fit the 3-D mold, a reliable 2nd/3rd option to split with Harris and realistically all 3 of them start alongside Tobias and Embiid.

Can't recall a bigger expression of hatred for the Raptors than this. Join the Philly board and root for them.
Everybody is losing their freaking minds. Nutbars and wingnuts have infested this forum. We've become a public lavatory without cleaning staff.
Hipster Doofus
Head Coach
And1: 6,490

Post#40 » by Hipster Doofus » Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:35 pm

Fantastical scenario indeed.
Truth is on the side of the oppressed.

Return to Toronto Raptors