FrieAaron
General Manager
And1: 5,064

Re: Former All Star Khris Middleton Thread 

Post#1081 » by FrieAaron » Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:34 pm

Bucksfan28 wrote:
FrieAaron wrote:
Bucksfan28 wrote:
Genuinely curious to hear what you're basing that on?

Khris is averaging 20.3/6.1/5.7 on 50/43/89 shooting and his team is 19-13
Tatum is averaging 26.1/6.4/4.6 on 44/37/87 shooting and his team is 15-17

So really the only argument for Tatums is that he averages 5.8 points more and .3 rebounds (on slightly more minutes per game). Khris is shooting better from everywhere on the floor, averaging more assists and is actually on a winning team.

So based on that you're saying there's no case for Tatum at all? I'd have to disagree.

I'm not the one that said there was no case for Tatum at all, but I guess I'm saying the entire case for Tatum is ppgz
Bucksfan28
General Manager
And1: 4,918

Post#1082 » by Bucksfan28 » Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:45 pm

FrieAaron wrote:
Bucksfan28 wrote:
FrieAaron wrote:
Khris is averaging 20.3/6.1/5.7 on 50/43/89 shooting and his team is 19-13
Tatum is averaging 26.1/6.4/4.6 on 44/37/87 shooting and his team is 15-17

So really the only argument for Tatums is that he averages 5.8 points more and .3 rebounds (on slightly more minutes per game). Khris is shooting better from everywhere on the floor, averaging more assists and is actually on a winning team.

So based on that you're saying there's no case for Tatum at all? I'd have to disagree.

I'm not the one that said there was no case for Tatum at all, but I guess I'm saying the entire case for Tatum is ppgz

I think there's an aesthetic/eye test element that's also involved, whether people like that or not. Doesn't Tatum have several buzzer beaters this year?
MoreTrife wrote:Love seeing two buffoons have a buffoon competition.
Mihai
Junior
And1: 117

Post#1083 » by Mihai » Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:01 pm

I can't believe the C's got 2 all-stars, what a joke.

It's all about flash in all-star selections.
JABBAri Parker
JimmyTheKid
General Manager
And1: 5,105

Post#1084 » by JimmyTheKid » Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:25 pm

Mihai wrote:I can't believe the C's got 2 all-stars, what a joke.

If only that were the case in 2019 when Middleton made his first ASG, and was subsequently maxed.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,557

Post#1085 » by Ron Swanson » Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:29 pm

I'd be less annoyed by the All-Star selections being a popularity contest if a lot of these guys didn't have stipulations and bonuses/incentives built into their contracts based on whether or not they make an All-NBA or All-Star team. Easy as a fan to sit there and be like, "whatever", when I'm not the one with any financial stake.
hege53190
Head Coach
And1: 2,671

Post#1086 » by hege53190 » Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:35 pm

buckboy wrote:Also, my bad on Lavine. Holy **** did he become efficient. .653 TS%? I mean, I don't believe it's sustainable, but wowza.

He should've made it before Tatum definitely, Brown definitely and maybe Simmons.

Don’t beat yourself up to much.

His +\- of -7.2 should disqualify him from all-star status. On a .500 team the Bulls give up 116.9 per 100 possessions when he is on the floor. When he he is off 101.4.

I don’t know. I just have a hard time giving an all- star spot to someone when their team is under .500 and the team plays much better when off the court (+5.5 per 100 possessions) vs on the court (-1.7).
hege53190
Head Coach
And1: 2,671

Post#1087 » by hege53190 » Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:41 pm

JimmyTheKid wrote:
Mihai wrote:I can't believe the C's got 2 all-stars, what a joke.

If only that were the case in 2019 when Middleton made his first ASG, and was subsequently maxed.

Or subsequently maxed ( which he wasn’t) because he is a max type player who improved even after a big pay day.
DavidDunn21
Sixth Man
And1: 1,943

Post#1088 » by DavidDunn21 » Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:55 pm

You guys can go down with this ship if you like. People sorta noticed Khris was a fraud in the 2019 ECF, remembered it again in the 2020 playoffs, and saw us fall off a cliff with Jrue out this year. People's perceptions of Middleton are locked in.

You can't yada yada yada the difference between 20 and 26 points a game anyway, but there's not a single person here who wouldn't rather have Tatum or Brown over Middleton right now. The numbers don't matter. People know who the better players are. Fans/coaches/players are also very well aware that playing with Giannis is an incredible advantage.

We embarrassed ourselves the last two years, and this is the price.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using RealGM mobile app
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#1089 » by WRau1 » Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:59 pm

DavidDunn21 wrote:You guys can go down with this ship if you like. People sorta noticed Khris was a fraud in the 2019 ECF, remembered it again in the 2020 playoffs, and saw us fall off a cliff with Jrue out this year. People's perceptions of Middleton are locked in.

You can't yada yada yada the difference between 20 and 26 points a game anyway, but there's not a single person here who wouldn't rather have Tatum or Brown over Middleton right now. The numbers don't matter. People know who the better players are. Fans/coaches/players are also very well aware that playing with Giannis is an incredible advantage.

We embarrassed ourselves the last two years, and this is the price.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using RealGM mobile app

#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
KidA24
General Manager
And1: 7,268

Post#1090 » by KidA24 » Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:43 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:Honestly, I have a hard time finding fault with his snub this year. The numbers guys are putting up - presumably a benefactor in part of no crowds - are pretty absurd.

I definitely hear the 'winning team players' argument and think there's something there depending upon your stance on it (and I don't disagree). But otherwise, maybe surprisingly, 20/6/6 on his percentages honestly doesn't really hold up this year. Especially the efficiency - Middleton has been basically 50/40/90, but among some all-stars...that's not a standout. There are just some wild stat lines this year, and stat lines - for better or (often) worse - are generally the backbone of the all-star game.

He really is still an absolute standout.

He's got a .614 TS% and 24.1 USG%. There are 19 guys in the NBA that can say that. 5 of them are Centers. 4 more of those guys have played less than 25 games.

Middleton has been really, really, really good *and* hasn't missed a game.
Amos Barshad: "So you got a job, a place to live, a license? What’s left?"

Giannis: “Nothing. Just get a ring now.”
DavidDunn21
Sixth Man

Post#1091 » by DavidDunn21 » Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:04 pm

An actual interesting question is does Khris make the team if everything else takes place exactly the same but the shot against Brooklyn goes in
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,634

Post#1092 » by emunney » Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:08 pm

DavidDunn21 wrote:An actual interesting question is does Khris make the team if everything else takes place exactly the same but the shot against Brooklyn goes in

Or if Tatum's high glasser doesn't.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,651

Post#1093 » by MikeIsGood » Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:30 pm

KidA24 wrote:
MikeIsGood wrote:Honestly, I have a hard time finding fault with his snub this year. The numbers guys are putting up - presumably a benefactor in part of no crowds - are pretty absurd.

I definitely hear the 'winning team players' argument and think there's something there depending upon your stance on it (and I don't disagree). But otherwise, maybe surprisingly, 20/6/6 on his percentages honestly doesn't really hold up this year. Especially the efficiency - Middleton has been basically 50/40/90, but among some all-stars...that's not a standout. There are just some wild stat lines this year, and stat lines - for better or (often) worse - are generally the backbone of the all-star game.

He's got a .614 TS% and 24.1 USG%. There are 19 guys in the NBA that can say that. 5 of them are Centers. 4 more of those guys have played less than 25 games.

That usage stat is a great one. I don't think a realistic assessment of how all-stars are selected tbh, but from the perspective of us analyzing it and identifying who is deserving, a fair point!
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,122

Post#1094 » by DingleJerry » Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:31 pm

Good question, I'd guess it's the same. I get the vibe there is some Bucks regular season burnout going on right now, for lack of a better word. Kind of like, well we gave you all the accolades and awards the last two years while you trucked everyone regular season but have blown it twice in the playoffs. So now they kind of have to re-earn it. My thoughts on this stem a bit from Giannis essentially not even talked about for MVP. Which I'm not saying he should be necessarily, but his stats and such are still crazy like the last two years and he has no shot at the mvp this year.
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,105

Post#1095 » by skones » Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:32 pm

DingleJerry wrote:Good question, I'd guess it's the same. I get the vibe there is some Bucks regular season burnout going on right now, for lack of a better word. Kind of like, well we gave you all the accolades and awards the last two years while you trucked everyone regular season but have blown it twice in the playoffs. So now they kind of have to re-earn it. My thoughts on this stem a bit from Giannis essentially not even talked about for MVP. Which I'm not saying he should be necessarily, but his stats and such are still crazy like the last two years and he has no shot at the mvp this year.

I mean, as a fan, I think it's pretty clear A LOT of us have regular season burnout. We were so spoiled the last two seasons that a current 49ish win pace who's been without Jrue Holiday for 9 games makes us all frustrated and lethargic. We were losing our **** minds over 46 wins a decade ago.
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,122

Post#1096 » by DingleJerry » Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:38 pm

Yup very true. Tough for me to get too onboard with any kind of 'they're bias against MKE' talk after 2 mvps, defensive poy, two ASs each year, and multiple all defensive team awards.
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
truly
Starter
And1: 2,085

Post#1097 » by truly » Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:15 pm

emunney wrote:
DavidDunn21 wrote:An actual interesting question is does Khris make the team if everything else takes place exactly the same but the shot against Brooklyn goes in

Or if Tatum's high glasser doesn't.

I am still mad about it.He missed so badly it went in.
Baddy Chuck wrote:
Oscar71 wrote:
Did you really just post a lineup with the starting 2 guard being JR Smith?

Our actual management posted a lineup with the starting 2 guard being Tony Snell.
DavidDunn21
Sixth Man

Post#1098 » by DavidDunn21 » Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:18 pm

KidA24 wrote:

Our wins: Warriors, Heat, Bulls, Pistons, Pistons, Cavs, Magic, Pistons, Mavericks, Hawks, Raptors, Blazers, Pacers, Cavs, Cavs, NUGGETS, Thunder, Kings, Wolves.

Efficiency is adjacent to success but it is not the same thing as success.
theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 3,902

Post#1099 » by theFireBlanket » Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:13 pm

Khris is better than Tatum & Brown. Problem is the other two are Celtics & recency bias is they made the bubble ECF, where Milwaukee bounced in the semis.

Ignore that Khris willed game 4 with Giannis injured, & this year is playing his best basketball ever.

It will only be sweeter if Khris continues this stretch of 30 point games for awhile & they collectively ride momentum into the playoffs. With the doubters continuing that overpaid, unworthy #2 narrative.
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel
buckboy
RealGM
And1: 7,898

Post#1100 » by buckboy » Fri Feb 26, 2021 3:03 pm

Bucksfan28 wrote:
buckboy wrote:OK, you guys are nuts on this topic.

Should've known on Khris. The hate runs deep for whatever reason.

17th. Hilarious.

By no stretch of the imagination do I think I'd ever be accused of hating Khris Middleton. As others have noted, it's simply about how other guys are performing this season. Also, responding to another post, Lavine did make it.

Wasn't referring to you on the hate comment. And I worded that Lavine post poorly, now clarified.
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."

Return to Milwaukee Bucks