Brian Windhorst Expects Star Player To Demand Trade To Knicks Within Next 12 Months

Moderators: Domejandro, bwgood77

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 291

Brian Windhorst Expects Star Player To Demand Trade To Knicks Within Next 12 Months 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Tue Mar 2, 2021 6:23 pm

The New York Knicks have had a better than expected first half of the 20-21 season under Tom Thibodeau and could be in position to acquire a star in the near future.

"Here's the thing," said Brian Windhorst on his podcast. "They have one of the top former agents in the league running the organization in Leon Rose.

"Their number two in their team, I'm not sure what Wes Wesley's title is, but his speciality is relationship building with players. Even if it has waned a little bit as he's gotten older, his speciality is relationship building. And I don't want to say 'backroom dealing' because that implies that it is sinister. But he's known for working in the shadows.

"They play in New York City. They have an abundance of draft picks, young assets and cap space.

"The only sort of flaw in here is I'm not sure every player wants to play for Thibs, but there are some who like them.

"I say within the next 12 months a star, slash, superstar player demands a trade to New York. And I don't know who it's going to be. I have some guesses. I'm not going to say right here. I'll let you guys start thinking about that. Let's just put it this way: league executives certainly have some guesses.

"I say by next year's trade deadline a superstar, an All-Star tries to force his way there. They're going to be in position to do that type of trade and maybe that's where Julius Randle comes in [as a trade piece]."

Via Brian Windhorst/ESPN

Sutureself
Sophomore
And1: 87

Re: Brian Windhorst Expects Star Player To Demand Trade To Knicks Within Next 12 Months 

Post#2 » by Sutureself » Tue Mar 2, 2021 6:48 pm

Carmelo Anthony here we come
LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,520

Re: Brian Windhorst Expects Star Player To Demand Trade To Knicks Within Next 12 Months 

Post#3 » by LightTheBeam » Tue Mar 2, 2021 6:59 pm

Id love for the Knicks to be truly relevant again. Getting a superstar would help.

But Windhorst is absolute garbage. Why does anyone listen to this guy? They just throw a million darts and hope one sticks.
AllanHoustonFan
RealGM
And1: 6,966

Post#4 » by AllanHoustonFan » Tue Mar 2, 2021 7:14 pm

Don't fall for the bait, Knicks fans!
#MKGA
Cookin Baskets
Sixth Man
And1: 265

Post#5 » by Cookin Baskets » Tue Mar 2, 2021 7:20 pm

Let's see where are they in 12 months. Hopefully they can be at or near .500 this year. That is only way they would garner interest if there is a glimmer of hope knicks can turn around a mess that has been going on for about a decade.
I don't think I Trust The Process anymore! :banghead:
We are the originals! We are the Philadelphia 76ers!
Morris_Shatford
Senior Mod - Raptors
Senior Mod - Raptors
And1: 5,441

Post#6 » by Morris_Shatford » Tue Mar 2, 2021 7:23 pm

Amar'e ?
Thanks to Turbozone for the Sig!
TheBoi10
General Manager
And1: 11,891

Post#7 » by TheBoi10 » Tue Mar 2, 2021 7:25 pm

KAT?
Dr_Heat
RealGM
And1: 96,866

Post#8 » by Dr_Heat » Tue Mar 2, 2021 7:26 pm

Lonzo Ball ?
Dr_Heat wrote: Oof
PDXKnight
RealGM
And1: 2,671

Post#9 » by PDXKnight » Tue Mar 2, 2021 7:29 pm

isn’t a star always demanding his way to nyc, or isn’t at bare minimum the media always suggesting a star is demanding to go there?

Not too phenomenal a prediction... NY’s problem has never been getting stars it’s building a championship team which money doesn’t always buy
GregOden
Starter
And1: 2,498

Post#10 » by GregOden » Tue Mar 2, 2021 7:30 pm

Sutureself wrote:Carmelo Anthony here we come

Yeah knowing the Knicks they would give up too many assets and then mire in mediocrity again.
eitanr
General Manager
And1: 291

Post#11 » by eitanr » Tue Mar 2, 2021 7:33 pm

If Windy won't provide guesses can we?

Trae Young
LaMello Ball
Zach Lavine
Kawhi Leonard
KAT
Ben Simmons
D'Aaron Fox
Donovan Mitchell
Zion Williamson
Brandon Ingram
Read the best NBA Articles on the Web right here, delivering innovative insights and a unique perspectives on all the happenings of the league.

http://fullcourtanalytics.blogspot.com/
Mack11
RealGM
And1: 56,981

Post#12 » by Mack11 » Tue Mar 2, 2021 7:49 pm

I WANT IGUO DALA
Elnegron
Rookie
And1: 366

Post#13 » by Elnegron » Tue Mar 2, 2021 7:58 pm

Knicks don't have pices to get a star and then compete. Ex the heat can trade the young players and get a star while keeping bam and jimmy. The reason the heat didnt get harden was because to me harden wanted to go to nets so houston complied. There is no way houston is dumb enough to turn down herro, achiuwa and Robinson for pick number 27 in the draft for the next 3 on and off draft. They just asked pat for a haul easy to turn down so they could have an excuse to send him to brooklyn. Heck even 76ers package was better than those picks
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,762

Post#14 » by WindyCityBorn » Tue Mar 2, 2021 8:15 pm

eitanr wrote:If Windy won't provide guesses can we?

Trae Young
LaMello Ball
Zach Lavine
Kawhi Leonard
KAT
Ben Simmons
D'Aaron Fox
Donovan Mitchell
Zion Williamson
Brandon Ingram

You really just pulled some names out of nowhere.
Bigstein09
Freshman
And1: 5

Post#15 » by Bigstein09 » Tue Mar 2, 2021 8:22 pm

Morris_Shatford wrote:Amar'e ?

The Knicks are back.
Laimbeer
RealGM
And1: 13,989

Post#16 » by Laimbeer » Tue Mar 2, 2021 8:31 pm

LaMello Ball
Zach Lavine
KAT
Revenged25
Analyst
And1: 1,002

Post#17 » by Revenged25 » Tue Mar 2, 2021 8:45 pm

Better than expected 1st halfs? They've had one of the easiest SOS so far and are only 4 wins up on the Cavs who have had one of the hardest SOS. That's going to flip for the last half of the season, let's see how the Knicks are looking at the end of the season before we start considering them turning it around.
King4Day
RealGM
And1: 9,189

Post#18 » by King4Day » Tue Mar 2, 2021 8:49 pm

Laimbeer wrote:LaMello Ball
Zach Lavine
KAT

Ball will be a Hornet for the better part of the decade unless he decides to give up a likely guaranteed max deal after his rookie contract. He's not going anywhere.

My guess would be:

KAT
Lavine
Booker (if things go backwards next season)
"Sometimes, the dragon wins" #RallyTheValley
nedleeds
General Manager
And1: 7,648

Post#19 » by nedleeds » Tue Mar 2, 2021 8:54 pm

"Star" = Dipo, Westbrick, CP3, Demar Derozan, MeAngelo, KANT

What true winning star players would demand to come to NY because (assuming health, which is a big question for the Durants of the world) their situation is worse

True stars

LeFlop - no
AD - no
Harden - no
Giannis - no
Kawhi - no
KD - if he's able to walk, no
Jokic - no
Luka - lol
Dame - lol

Yet To Prove it Stars

Beal - maybe, but why not go to Philly and win?
Ja - lol
Mitchell - no
Zion - maybe if NO is awful and his agents want him in NY
Tatum - no
Brown - no

Fake / washed / old Stars that the Knicks will trade Melo-like hauls for that they could just sign outright

Oladipo
Lavine
KAT
Ingram
Booker
Trae
Lowry
Derozen
Chanel Bomber wrote:I'm not coming back. This is my last song, and it sheets over your whole career. Go Knicks though.
HouseOfLight
Sophomore
And1: 47

Post#20 » by HouseOfLight » Tue Mar 2, 2021 9:07 pm

Wait, am I reading this wrong?? The *knicks*?? Wtf? This is the single most bizarre sports article I’ve ever read. It makes zero sense.

Return to Wiretap Discussion