ImageImageImage

Can we Beat Brooklyn (7 game series)

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

ProcessDoctor
RealGM
And1: 5,183

Re: Can we Beat Brooklyn (7 game series) 

Post#101 » by ProcessDoctor » Sun Feb 28, 2021 3:29 pm

LloydFree wrote:As currently constructed, the 76ers can't beat a fully healthy Brooklyn Nets. Now I doubt they'll be fully healthy by the time the ECF occurs, but if they are, the 76ers need another player who can pretend to defend Kyrie Irving or James Harden and has the ability to make them work on the Defensive end.

I'd trade for Victor Oladipo to put in the Starting Lineup, if he can pass a physical.

What's the most you'd give for him, considering we might not be able to retain him and/or he might be damaged goods?

I've proposed Green/Maxey/NYK 2nd but interested in hearing other hypothetical offers.
2023-2024 Philadelphia 76ers:

Lowry/Melton/Payne
Maxey/Hield/Downtin
Batum/Oubre/Council
Harris/Covington/Martin
Embiid/Reed/Bamba
LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 11,567
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Post#102 » by LloydFree » Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:10 pm

ProcessDoctor wrote:
LloydFree wrote:As currently constructed, the 76ers can't beat a fully healthy Brooklyn Nets. Now I doubt they'll be fully healthy by the time the ECF occurs, but if they are, the 76ers need another player who can pretend to defend Kyrie Irving or James Harden and has the ability to make them work on the Defensive end.

I'd trade for Victor Oladipo to put in the Starting Lineup, if he can pass a physical.

What's the most you'd give for him, considering we might not be able to retain him and/or he might be damaged goods?

I've proposed Green/Maxey/NYK 2nd but interested in hearing other hypothetical offers.

I'd do Green/Maxey/NYK 2nd, and you wouldn't have to ask me twice. Asl long as he could pass a physical.

If they could get a 3rd team involved I'd try to get rid of Ferguson-Bradley-Porier and give up the '21 1st round pick instead of getting rid of Danny Green. They're trying to win the championship, they need the rotation to be at least 8 deep.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
ProcessDoctor
RealGM
And1: 5,183

Post#103 » by ProcessDoctor » Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:19 pm

LloydFree wrote:
ProcessDoctor wrote:

I'd do Green/Maxey/NYK 2nd, and you wouldn't have to ask me twice. Asl long as he could pass a physical.

If they could get a 3rd team involved I'd try to get rid of Ferguson-Bradley-Porier and give up the '21 1st round pick instead of getting rid of Danny Green. They're trying to win the championship, they need the rotation to be at least 8 deep.

I'd be very hesitant to give up Maxey + '21 first for any package that doesn't guarantee us a star in return, but I understand your point. If Dipo ever returns to peak form, he'd be an absolute steal.
2023-2024 Philadelphia 76ers:

Lowry/Melton/Payne
Maxey/Hield/Downtin
Batum/Oubre/Council
Harris/Covington/Martin
Embiid/Reed/Bamba
LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 11,567
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Post#104 » by LloydFree » Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:34 pm

ProcessDoctor wrote:
LloydFree wrote:
ProcessDoctor wrote:

I'd be very hesitant to give up Maxey + '21 first for any package that doesn't guarantee us a star in return, but I understand your point. If Dipo ever returns to peak form, he'd be an absolute steal.

The '21 1st doesn't mean anything to me. It's going to be #25 or later in the draft. When you're in position to win the championship, you don't undercut your chances trying to hold onto the #25 pick. Picks outside of the top 10 are overrated.

The front office should be able to acquire talent in the draft either way, if they're doing their jobs. Memphis didn't even have a 1st round pick this year, and they have a better rookie class than Boston and Detroit, who had 3 1st round picks each.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,081

Post#105 » by Kobblehead » Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:45 pm

Sixers won't max Oladipo, though, will they? Gotta keep Maxey and the 1st round pick and just do it the hard way.
kuclas
General Manager
And1: 3,898

Post#106 » by kuclas » Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:58 pm

Oladipo had one good season. 2017-2018. That’s ages ago. He was off to a hot 2018-2019 season. But than had a few nagging injuries to slow him down.

And than the big injury at the beginning of 2019.

I have followed his career since Orlando. He’s never been a good outside shooter. Just streaky. People have illusions of him playing like it’s 2017. He’s just not the same player. He’s just jacking up shots in Houston. Highly ineffective.

I don’t see a role for victor on a contender. He’s clearly over judge his value. I don’t know what Indiana as trying to offer to resign him. But he will be lucky to get a one year deal next season just on hope he can regain some explosiveness. He certainly isn’t shooting well.
sixers4real
Veteran
And1: 1,893

Post#107 » by sixers4real » Wed Mar 3, 2021 3:09 am

kuclas wrote:Oladipo had one good season. 2017-2018. That’s ages ago. He was off to a hot 2018-2019 season. But than had a few nagging injuries to slow him down.

And than the big injury at the beginning of 2019.

I have followed his career since Orlando. He’s never been a good outside shooter. Just streaky. People have illusions of him playing like it’s 2017. He’s just not the same player. He’s just jacking up shots in Houston. Highly ineffective.

I don’t see a role for victor on a contender. He’s clearly over judge his value. I don’t know what Indiana as trying to offer to resign him. But he will be lucky to get a one year deal next season just on hope he can regain some explosiveness. He certainly isn’t shooting well.

Yeah I think he won’t put us in the same tier as Nets, LAC and LAL.
And he will demand A LOT of money in 2021 off-season, and clearly some GM will pay him over 100 M for a 4-year deal.
Sixers fan since 2001. From Russia.
Stribor
Pro Prospect
And1: 484

Post#108 » by Stribor » Wed Mar 3, 2021 6:12 pm

Stanford wrote:Probably 70/30 Brooklyn. But 30 is a pretty good percentage.

On Jerami Grant: Is he even a plus defender?

70/30 if they are complete. KD has his problems in body, Kyrie sometimes just forgets his head in the fridge for a few days, so I would say 60/40.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,422

Post#109 » by 76ciology » Wed Mar 3, 2021 6:42 pm

Oladipo.

If you plan to improve your chance to beat brooklyn in 2021 and have no chance to beat brooklyn at all by 2022 onwards.

I’d take Melo’s health over Oladipo’s, anyday.

Melo is just fat. :lol:
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
kuclas
General Manager

Post#110 » by kuclas » Thu Mar 4, 2021 2:12 pm

We can beat Brooklyn with 4 out of 7 game at our home court.

Sixers starting 5 has not lost a home court game since Mavericks lost dec 2019

Yes. It’s been that long.

But we need to be healthy. At least the starters need to be healthy.
SixthStreet
Sixth Man
And1: 1,536

Post#111 » by SixthStreet » Thu Mar 4, 2021 3:14 pm

Only if Thybulle has a heater from the beyond the arc like he did for a month last year before his injury so he's playable. Thybulle on Kyrie, Simmons on Harden and let KD get his.

Otherwise I don't see much of a road to win a series against them even with MVBiid and aggressive Ben.
kuclas
General Manager

Post#112 » by kuclas » Thu Mar 4, 2021 9:25 pm

SixthStreet wrote:Only if Thybulle has a heater from the beyond the arc like he did for a month last year before his injury so he's playable. Thybulle on Kyrie, Simmons on Harden and let KD get his.

Otherwise I don't see much of a road to win a series against them even with MVBiid and aggressive Ben.

Home court matters for sixers.

That’s the best road to playoff success.

Sixers have played up to their playoff seeding the past 3 seasons. We go as far as home court gives us.
Murray_17
RealGM
And1: 9,984

Post#113 » by Murray_17 » Thu Mar 4, 2021 11:15 pm

Why are people discussing wasting chips and treading for a guy who cannot stay on the floor without getting an injury, who wants to be maxed and is a steph Curry volume shoter that is boasting a wooping 48% TS and 39% FG for the season?

Oladipo is ass
Chocolate or Thunder?
Senior
And1: 6

Post#114 » by Chocolate or Thunder? » Fri Mar 5, 2021 5:17 pm

While I believe Jerami Grant would be ideal for this lineup, realistically, someone of the ilk of T.Ross or Evan Fournier might do the trick. We really don't need that much. It's either two non-star additions that can shoot 3's or one star/close to being a star player that can score. Our problem is simply scoring particularly at the three. I honestly feel like we are really close.
sixers4real
Veteran
And1: 1,893

Post#115 » by sixers4real » Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:41 am

Am I in minority who loves that the Nets got Griffin and Aldridge? These guys were never known for their defense, they are slow now, and are not that good of a rebounders.
We can be a mismatch for them with our size and defense.
I want Sixers Nets ECF badly.
Sixers fan since 2001. From Russia.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers