ImageImage

Atlanta Hawks Official Trade Ideas Thread Part 3

Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

Ernest
Sixth Man
And1: 1,271

Re: Atlanta Hawks Official Trade Ideas Thread Part 3 

Post#941 » by Ernest » Wed Mar 3, 2021 1:28 am

Hey guys Boston fan here. Huge Rondo fan. Anyways, I'd love for the Celtics to get Rondo back. I was wondering if you guys thought the Hawks would be open to trading him and if so what the cost would be.

The Celtics have a TPE, so the money part of the deal would be easy. We could take back no salary or really any contract up to Rondo's cost.

I would assume Boston would only be interested in trading: Grant Williams, Semi, Edwards, Waters, Green and Fall. Could also trade picks and cash.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,336

Post#942 » by Jamaaliver » Wed Mar 3, 2021 1:51 am

Ernest wrote:Hey guys Boston fan here. Huge Rondo fan. Anyways, I'd love for the Celtics to get Rondo back. I was wondering if you guys thought the Hawks would be open to trading him and if so what the cost would be.

The Celtics have a TPE, so the money part of the deal would be easy. We could take back no salary or really any contract up to Rondo's cost.

I would assume Boston would only be interested in trading: Grant Williams, Semi, Edwards, Waters, Green and Fall. Could also trade picks and cash.

Yes. Any of the above. Make it happen, ASAP.

Also, no takebacks, refunds or exchanges.
CP War Hawks
Analyst
And1: 1,429

Post#943 » by CP War Hawks » Thu Mar 4, 2021 11:36 pm

Yall damn well know Ainge is going to try and fleece the Hawks if he has to take on Rondo. His salary can be kept as a filler in a trade.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 7,896

Post#944 » by HMFFL » Mon Mar 8, 2021 5:26 pm

Boston just needs Marcus Smart healthy. They don't have a need for Rondo.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
BK_2020
RealGM
And1: 13,605

Post#945 » by BK_2020 » Tue Mar 9, 2021 5:38 pm

Hey guys, Boston fan here. You can keep Rondo. Enjoy the 7 million dollar bricklaying.
kg01
General Manager
And1: 12,615

Post#946 » by kg01 » Tue Mar 9, 2021 5:49 pm

BK_2020 wrote:Hey guys, Boston fan here. You can keep Rondo. Enjoy the 7 million dollar bricklaying.

I'm confused. Are you talking to the Boston fan that brought it up?
king01 :king:
jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,867

Post#947 » by jayu70 » Tue Mar 9, 2021 6:15 pm

kg01 wrote:
BK_2020 wrote:Hey guys, Boston fan here. You can keep Rondo. Enjoy the 7 million dollar bricklaying.

I'm confused. Are you talking to the Boston fan that brought it up?

:lol: :lol:
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 7,896

Post#948 » by HMFFL » Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:08 pm

He's just made he didn't get James Harden.

"Boston’s level of interest and involvement far surpassed what [Danny] Ainge was willing to admit to when he addressed it publicly," sources tell Sam Amick of The Athletic.

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/261792/Celtics-Were-Far-More-Interested-Involved-In-James-Harden-Trade-Talks-Than-Assumed

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
Frichuela
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,879

Post#949 » by Frichuela » Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:57 pm

Wizards fan here in peace...would you be interested in the following trade:

Atlanta sends Collins, Fernando and Snell for Hachimura, Bryant and Troy Brown.

You get out of having to pay Collins next year and get three promising young players in return.
jayu70
RealGM

Post#950 » by jayu70 » Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:55 pm

Frichuela wrote:Wizards fan here in peace...would you be interested in the following trade:

You get out of having to pay Collins next year and get three promising young players in return.

Hawks have playoff goals this season so we have 8 games before the deadline to make a run. Questions:
1. Is Bryant out the rest of the season with the ACL? If he is he can't help with our run to the playoffs but then again Bruno isn't giving us much either.
2. Troy Brown - why hasn't he been playing much? What are his strengths? Tony Snell is filling in at SF with Hunter and Reddish out and he is shooting 56.5% from 3 while playing adequate defense.
3. Rui - what are his strengths?
This trade only happens if the Hawks are out of the playoffs/playin game over the next 8 games.
Frichuela
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,879

Post#951 » by Frichuela » Fri Mar 12, 2021 2:28 am

jayu70 wrote:
Frichuela wrote:Wizards fan here in peace...would you be interested in the following trade:

Hawks have playoff goals this season so we have 8 games before the deadline to make a run. Questions:
1. Is Bryant out the rest of the season with the ACL? If he is he can't help with our run to the playoffs but then again Bruno isn't giving us much either.
2. Troy Brown - why hasn't he been playing much? What are his strengths? Tony Snell is filling in at SF with Hunter and Reddish out and he is shooting 56.5% from 3 while playing adequate defense.
3. Rui - what are his strengths?
This trade only happens if the Hawks are out of the playoffs/playin game over the next 8 games.

Here are my answers:

1) Most likely yes, Bryant will be out for the reminder of the season. But he is signed for next season on a reasonable contract ($9mn). He is one of the best offensive centers in the game, and therefore very complementary to Capela off the bench. I would imagine you could also play him with Okongwu at 4- given that he is a good 3 pt shooter.

2) It is a mystery why Troy has not played much this year after a good season last year. Brooks does not like him and does not know how (and where) to play him. He is a big guard off the bench (and not suited as a pure 3&D forward).

3) Rui came to the game later than usual. He is already quite decent offensively and is learning to compete defensively. I think he pairs better with Capela than Collins.
D21
Assistant Coach
And1: 655

Post#952 » by D21 » Sat Mar 13, 2021 1:38 am

Frichuela wrote:1) Most likely yes, Bryant will be out for the reminder of the season. But he is signed for next season on a reasonable contract ($9mn). He is one of the best offensive centers in the game, and therefore very complementary to Capela off the bench.

Maybe it's starting to change, but until recently, the main problem was that the defense was inexistant with Capela on the bench, so "complementary" would more have been being able to play backup C and with some defense to keep protecting the rim a minimum when Capela is not playing, which would make a trade for Bryant the exact opposite of the need
And after having a lot of injuries, three Hawks players are still missing, so it's the moment to trade active players for ones with injuries
CP War Hawks
Analyst
And1: 1,429

Post#953 » by CP War Hawks » Sat Mar 13, 2021 2:53 am

Bryant would be awesome as a backup but he's overpaid for that or will be. I however like the defensive ceiling of Onyeka there. Rui is nice but we already have Hunter who can fill his role or draft/sign a prospect to do so.

I like Brown actually but I don't see him being good enough to start alongside Trae. Bottomline is we/Schlenk want a 6-10 ish pick for Collins, first come first serve as the basis of a trade. That's simply the asking price as it stands.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,336

Post#954 » by Jamaaliver » Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:06 am

A piece from a Celtics Fan site. If we were to trade J Collins to Boston, my starting price is Marcus Smart and Robert Williams III...plus hopefully Aaron Nesmith.

That solidifies the defense and the backup PG, SG and C positions for this year's playoff run.

Finding logic in C’s interest in Collins

The Cs may have what it takes to obtain Collins from the Hawks’ grasp, but like stated above, it won’t be easy. We would, most likely, have to part with multiple first-rounders being we don’t have the highly coveted “top-tier” first-round pick. In terms of a talented young player, Boston has a few, but parting with them would deplete our already bottom-of-the-barrel bench. A player like Collins could be worth it, as the “shooting with size” is something we so desperately need.

The fourth-year pro could be a suitable option, being we don’t need to use the Hayward TPE, but the asking price is high. They would most likely have to part with Robert Williams or a combination of Payton Pritchard, Semi Ojeleye, Aaron Nesmith, and picks.

That is not to say the Celtics don’t have expendable players, but a more suitable option could be in Sacramento.
Hardwood Houdini
D21
Assistant Coach
And1: 655

Post#955 » by D21 » Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:52 pm

ESPN view :

Despite the Hawks getting Bogdan Bogdanovic and Danilo Gallinari back to health and potentially having Kris Dunn and De'Andre Hunter rejoin them soon, the universal opinion among league insiders is that Atlanta is looking to acquire talent over the next week...

"I think they'd like to buy, but not sure there's a lot to buy or what they buy it with," said an East exec. "[Kevin] Huerter and picks, I guess, is the package, but what is that buying you?"
https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/31069675/2021-nba-trade-deadline-league-insiders-say-whether-teams-acquire-unload-stand-pat
Captain Ballmer
Pro Prospect
And1: 704

Post#956 » by Captain Ballmer » Tue Mar 16, 2021 2:22 pm

Bogdan+Dunn for Lou and Beverley.

This only might make sense on assumption of Hawks wanted to extent Collins this summer and avoid Luxury cap problems for future possible extension. Trae to kick in 2022 summer, Plus Hunter extension too. Bogdan's 18 million USD through 2024 might be unnecessary as long as Huerter shows the progress he has for a cheaper contract maybe?

Lou is expiring and provides almost what Bogdan did for this year, Beverley is clear upgrade over Dunn but little expensive for expires on 2022 just before Trae-Hunter extentions kicks-in. My Clips get size with Bogdan and reliable PnR ball handler.
2023 Clippers W/L Count (44-27)
(Russ at bench 35-14)
without PG13 3-3
Without Kawhi 3-3
Without Russ 6-6
jayu70
RealGM

Post#957 » by jayu70 » Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:31 pm

Captain Ballmer wrote:Bogdan+Dunn for Lou and Beverley.

This only might make sense on assumption of Hawks wanted to extent Collins this summer and avoid Luxury cap problems for future possible extension. Trae to kick in 2022 summer, Plus Hunter extension too. Bogdan's 18 million USD through 2024 might be unnecessary as long as Huerter shows the progress he has for a cheaper contract maybe?

Lou is expiring and provides almost what Bogdan did for this year, Beverley is clear upgrade over Dunn but little expensive for expires on 2022 just before Trae-Hunter extentions kicks-in. My Clips get size with Bogdan and reliable PnR ball handler.
Hunter's extension would kick in the year after Trae, Gallo will be off the books, Bogi in his last player option year.
tbhawksfan1
Analyst
And1: 2,013

Post#958 » by tbhawksfan1 » Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:19 pm

Ya'll see this on the trade board:

Collins
Okongwu
Reddish
Snell
21 ATL 1st(top 4 for 3 years then 2 2nds)

for

Siakam
Bembry
Davis

Trade board mod who I and other Hawks fans have had issues with thinks this is an acceptable trade. Even justifies it by saying that Cam is just salary filler. Guy clearly has an anti-Hawks agenda and uses his Mod status to throw his weight around and intimidate and threaten Hawks fans on HIS board. Am I off base or is he a problem?
tbhawksfan1
Analyst

Post#959 » by tbhawksfan1 » Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:35 pm

tbhawksfan1 wrote:Ya'll see this on the trade board:

Collins
Okongwu
Reddish
Snell
21 ATL 1st(top 4 for 3 years then 2 2nds)

for

Siakam
Bembry
Davis

Trade board mod who I and other Hawks fans have had issues with thinks this is an acceptable trade. Even justifies it by saying that Cam is just salary filler. Guy clearly has an anti-Hawks agenda and uses his Mod status to throw his weight around and intimidate and threaten Hawks fans on HIS board. Am I off base or is he a problem?

Joker decided to lock his own thread. I know that other Hawks fans have had trouble with Texas Chuck as have I
tbhawksfan1
Analyst

Post#960 » by tbhawksfan1 » Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:49 pm

After T Chuck locked his own thread, anther Mod, BullyKing posted this on a locked thread

Just want to call out the impeccable logic you're displaying here. Chuck, a fan of the Mavs, is for unknown reasons biased against the Hawks and - I can't even type this part with a straight face - upset that Atlanta is on a five game winning streak? And all of this makes more sense to you than the explanation that you, a fan of the Hawks, are the one that biased when it comes to Atlanta players.

I would reply but of course I can't. Seems like another Mod abusing his position. Jamaal. I think that you are a very reasonable and fair Mod. Do you find this normal?

Return to Atlanta Hawks