ImageImageImage

Prime Dirk in NBA Thread

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

TheBonzaiEffect
Starter
And1: 2,445

Prime Dirk in NBA Thread 

Post#1 » by TheBonzaiEffect » Sun Mar 14, 2021 10:44 pm

I can't post on the GB, because the Mods here are corrupt, lying, hypocritical cowards. I'm currently talking to an attorney regarding a lawsuit against RealGM. That said, wanted to address this thread, since, as usual, Dirk is being slandered (Texas Chuck doing his faux "I'm a Dirk homer even though I'm not" schtick as usual).

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2062503

Someone legit said not sure if he was Top 5 any given year. LOL.

To edify, from 2005-2007, Dirk LED the NBA in WS/48 three times, offensive win shares twice, total win shares twice, PER once, OBPM twice, and BPM once. Oh, and he won an MVP.

Insane how delusional people are. 2005-2007, Dirk was the best player in the NBA all three years, IMO. But there's zero logical argument to him being anywhere worse than top 3, all three of those seasons.

And 2011, he was best player as well (again, inarguable he was top 3).
agentofatlas
Sixth Man
And1: 983

Re: Prime Dirk in NBA Thread 

Post#2 » by agentofatlas » Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:28 am

People especially new fans really underestimate how good and athletic Dirk was when he was younger. Hell, saw a post saying Jokic was more athletic. Young Dirk would have feasted in this era.
Archx
RealGM
And1: 7,951

Post#3 » by Archx » Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:37 am

TheBonzaiEffect wrote:I can't post on the GB, because the Mods here are corrupt, lying, hypocritical cowards. I'm currently talking to an attorney regarding a lawsuit against RealGM. That said, wanted to address this thread, since, as usual, Dirk is being slandered (Texas Chuck doing his faux "I'm a Dirk homer even though I'm not" schtick as usual).

To edify, from 2005-2007, Dirk LED the NBA in WS/48 three times, offensive win shares twice, total win shares twice, PER once, OBPM twice, and BPM once. Oh, and he won an MVP.

Insane how delusional people are. 2005-2007, Dirk was the best player in the NBA all three years, IMO. But there's zero logical argument to him being anywhere worse than top 3, all three of those seasons.

Only 7, out of 74 votes, voted that he wasn't a top5 player. So i don't know why are you so upset about it.

Yeah you're right mods are doing a very poor job in general forum. Way too many kids/trolls derail way too many good threads and then people with legit complains get punished. But what can you do? You really want to spend money and energy on some stupid stuff like that? :-?

Also, if i remember correctly, you spammed 24/7 in game threads and you battled anyone who didn't share your opinion. I remember you even went against me one time when i told you to cool down because it wasnt a serious matter. I think after all this time, some mods decided enough is enough.
TheBonzaiEffect
Starter

Post#4 » by TheBonzaiEffect » Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:39 am

agentofatlas wrote:People especially new fans really underestimate how good and athletic Dirk was when he was younger. Hell, saw a post saying Jokic was more athletic. Young Dirk would have feasted in this era.

Lol, I saw that! Glad you responded. Insane. Young Dirk was an athletic freak.

;t=25s

Yep, he'd easily put up 30/12/4 on even better percentages in today's NBA.

But man, it's insane how some people could argue if he was ever the best player ever when he led the NBA in multiple advanced stats, and won an MVP, with a garbage supporting cast. Unreal.
TheBonzaiEffect
Starter

Post#5 » by TheBonzaiEffect » Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:42 am

Archx wrote:
TheBonzaiEffect wrote:I can't post on the GB, because the Mods here are corrupt, lying, hypocritical cowards. I'm currently talking to an attorney regarding a lawsuit against RealGM. That said, wanted to address this thread, since, as usual, Dirk is being slandered (Texas Chuck doing his faux "I'm a Dirk homer even though I'm not" schtick as usual).

Only 7, out of 74 votes, voted that he wasn't a top5 player. So i don't know why are you so upset about it.

Yeah you're right mods are doing a very poor job in general forum. Way too many kids/trolls derail way too many good threads and then people with legit complains get punished. But what can you do? You really want to spend money and energy on some stupid stuff like that? :-?

Also, if i remember correctly, you spammed 24/7 in game threads and you battled anyone who didn't share your opinion. I remember you even went against me one time when i told you to cool down because it wasnt a serious matter. I think after all this time, some mods decided enough is enough.

7 out of 74 is 10%. It's analogous to thinking it's okay that 10% of people believe the Earth is flat. That's how insane and absurd the stance is.

Yes, I do. You don't know my life, what's going on in it, or the mental health damages they have caused in an already tumultuous time.

No. That never happened. I welcome different opinions. But they should be argued with objective facts and nuance.
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 10,385

Post#6 » by Mavrelous » Mon Mar 15, 2021 3:20 pm

Dirk's monster season was 2006, the league was going all out marketing LBJ, while Dirk was absolutely dominant.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
gottamakeit
Sixth Man
And1: 1,397

Post#7 » by gottamakeit » Mon Mar 15, 2021 7:21 pm

Mods are none of those things. :crazy:
Good luck with your suit. I hope the attorney laughs you out of the office.

p.s.
Homers of any team/player are annoying af.
cupcakesnake wrote:...no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it
TheBonzaiEffect
Starter

Post#8 » by TheBonzaiEffect » Mon Mar 15, 2021 7:37 pm

gottamakeit wrote:

Mods are none of those things. :crazy:
Good luck with your suit. I hope the attorney laughs you out of the office.

p.s.
Homers of any team/player are annoying af.

Yes, they are. Bootlicker.

Yes, they are. Especially homers of mods. :lol: :lol: :lol:
matt6715
Veteran
And1: 2,797

Post#9 » by matt6715 » Mon Mar 15, 2021 7:39 pm

Dirk with modern spacing and shooting 8+ threes a game averages 30+
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,775

Post#10 » by Texas Chuck » Mon Mar 15, 2021 7:45 pm

Dirk can choose to address the OP about the General Board if he wants since he is both a Mod of that board and a Global Mod. I do not moderate the General Board so can't speak to it.

I'm flattered that Bonzai once again is keeping close track of my opinions, but anyone interested in what I think can simply go to that thread and read my posts for themselves. I don't need him to translate me.

But we don't need this sort of thread on this board or threats of lawsuits.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.

Return to Dallas Mavericks