Trade Deadline Thread

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Foshan, sixers hoops, Sixerscan

BullyKing
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 14,114

Trade Deadline Thread 

Post#1 » by BullyKing » Fri Mar 19, 2021 5:22 pm

I locked the last thread as it was about to hit 100 pages and seemed like a good time for a new thread with the trade deadline just days away.

Anyway, I'll kick it off by saying that I think Lonzo is my top target right now. He fits the age timeline better than Lowry and I'm less concerned about what it will take to resign especially since he's more likely to age into his deal than Lowry.

I also just love the idea of a defensive lineup of Lonzo/Thybulle/Green/Simmons/Embiid
NYSixersFan wrote:
the plan is to get as good as quickly as possible....I fully believe we could have been a borderline playoff team last year by adding young veterans....using or draft picks and cap space.....can I specifically tell you who? no.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,346

Re: Trade Deadline Thread 

Post#2 » by 76ciology » Fri Mar 19, 2021 5:31 pm

Lonzo wont come off cheap.
Lonzo isnt a good fit with Ben.

Since the Paleolithic age, we’ve already established that Ben is best playing with a scoring combo guard like Jimmy (a playmaking SG), Fultz, Shake and etc.

You can’t rely on Lonzo to create on the dribble. We need someone like Colin Sexton or Jordan Clarkson.

Kevin Porter Jr. would have been nice.

I know this isnt a popular choice, but Austin Rivers is an option. Not just because he fits the prototype we need but I dont think he’d be expensive.

The problem is Doc will have his son and his son in law on the team. Next stop, Paul George. :lol:
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,346

Post#3 » by 76ciology » Fri Mar 19, 2021 5:34 pm

Fournier is a cheap option and fits what we need.

He’s a scorer and shooter who should fit with Ben.

Fournier is on his expiring deal and is said to be interested in playing for a contender.

Trading for him and then re-signing him could be a better way to make use the cap space we freed up for Horford.

He’s only 28.
Average 18ppg on very good shooting percentages

Expirings, Paul Reed and a second rounder may get it done. Hammond loves long guys. Maybe we can entice him with Paul Reed.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,751

Post#4 » by Stanford » Fri Mar 19, 2021 5:42 pm

76ciology wrote:Fournier is a cheap option and fits what we need.

He’s a scorer and shooter who should fit with Ben.

Fournier is on his expiring deal and is said to be interested in playing for a contender.

Trading for him and then re-signing him could be a better way to make use the cap space we freed up for Horford.

He’s only 28.
Average 18ppg on very good shooting percentages

Expirings, Paul Reed and a second rounder may get it done. Hammond loves long guys. Maybe we can entice him with Paul Reed.

How **** dare you
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,667

Post#5 » by Negrodamus » Fri Mar 19, 2021 5:52 pm

I actually think Ben would improve his scoring if we had Ball on the team.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,676

Post#6 » by the_process » Fri Mar 19, 2021 5:59 pm

Negrodamus wrote:I actually think Ben would improve his scoring if we had Ball on the team.

It certainly won't go down.
zaz102
Sixth Man
And1: 803

Post#7 » by zaz102 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 6:01 pm

What about Terrence Ross? Thinking he could be gotten relatively cheap and is locked in with a decent contract for next few years.
51X3RF4N
Lead Assistant
And1: 935

Post#8 » by 51X3RF4N » Fri Mar 19, 2021 6:05 pm

With Ball on the team there would FINALLY be someone who could get Ben the ball when he's open for 3.

Ross would be expensive. Orlando likes him and his contract is great value.

Fournier would be interesting but also would cost Danny Green due to salary I think.

I think New Orleans would do Ball for Maxey, Ferguson, Scott and the 2021 pick. Maybe.

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app
Your Future Sixers

C- Embiid/?
PF- ?/?
SF- ?/?
SG- ?/?
PG- ?/?
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,751

Post#9 » by Stanford » Fri Mar 19, 2021 6:10 pm

51X3RF4N wrote:I think New Orleans would do Ball for Maxey, Ferguson, Scott and the 2021 pick. Maybe.

It's possible. I'd do that. Better than anything the Clippers can offer.
Negrodamus
RealGM

Post#10 » by Negrodamus » Fri Mar 19, 2021 6:18 pm

The problem with Ball is that he probably has little interest in signing longterm with the Sixers. Could be wrong, but I've read the reports that he's interested in the Knicks (lol) and the Clippers. Both make sense from the standpoint of money and/or living at home.

If it had to do with fit, I have to think the Sixers would be near the top. Zero expectation of him being the primary scorer but has a bunch of finishers around him. My only concern is that the Pelicans haven't taken off with him at point. I would have pegged them as one of the best teams in terms of fit for Ball. Zion, Ingram, Redick, Adams, Hayes, etc, etc, all assist converters. Confusing why they suck so bad.
ivysixer2000
General Manager
And1: 2,009

Post#11 » by ivysixer2000 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 6:26 pm

Negrodamus wrote:The problem with Ball is that he probably has little interest in signing longterm with the Sixers. Could be wrong, but I've read the reports that he's interested in the Knicks (lol) and the Clippers. Both make sense from the standpoint of money and/or living at home.

If it had to do with fit, I have to think the Sixers would be near the top. Zero expectation of him being the primary scorer but has a bunch of finishers around him. My only concern is that the Pelicans haven't taken off with him at point. I would have pegged them as one of the best teams in terms of fit for Ball. Zion, Ingram, Redick, Adams, Hayes, etc, etc, all assist converters. Confusing why they suck so bad.

Well they suck cause they suck on D.
Negrodamus
RealGM

Post#12 » by Negrodamus » Fri Mar 19, 2021 6:42 pm

ivysixer2000 wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:The problem with Ball is that he probably has little interest in signing longterm with the Sixers. Could be wrong, but I've read the reports that he's interested in the Knicks (lol) and the Clippers. Both make sense from the standpoint of money and/or living at home.

Which is presumably Zion and Ball's speciality. At least that's the reputation coming out of college. Adams also has a defensive reputation.
ivysixer2000
General Manager

Post#13 » by ivysixer2000 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 6:51 pm

Negrodamus wrote:
ivysixer2000 wrote:

Which is presumably Zion and Ball's speciality. At least that's the reputation coming out of college. Adams also has a defensive reputation.

Sounds like they need to fire Brett.
youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,444

Post#14 » by youngcrev » Fri Mar 19, 2021 6:52 pm

Lowry would be my top target as he's the only gettable piece that could significantly impact the outcome of the season.

Ball and Powell are quality potential long-term starting options at guard in Danny's spot. Fournier potentially fits into this category as well, though he's a different kind of player, and I'm not convinced him and Curry would be workable in the playoffs.

Then there's the guys that can help at the margins like Hill, Bjelica, Ross, JJ...

Excited to see what Morey does. Even if it's nothing.
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,011

Post#15 » by Sixerscan » Fri Mar 19, 2021 7:04 pm

Negrodamus wrote:
ivysixer2000 wrote:

The main culprit is they’ve been killed by the three ball. Give up the most three point makes per possession and let teams shoot the 3rd highest percentage.

In the past van gundy’s teams were fine to good at limiting those so I don’t think it’s on his system.

I wouldn’t really say Zion and Ingram being on the court together is conducive to good defense. When people talk about fit they really just mean shooting but Ingram is sort of an odd fit when it comes to everything else. Ironically he would probably be best suited for a role like Tobias has where he can concentrate on scoring and other better players are around to do the other things.
51X3RF4N
Lead Assistant
And1: 935

Post#16 » by 51X3RF4N » Fri Mar 19, 2021 7:11 pm

youngcrev wrote:Lowry would be my top target as he's the only gettable piece that could significantly impact the outcome of the season.

Ball and Powell are quality potential long-term starting options at guard in Danny's spot. Fournier potentially fits into this category as well, though he's a different kind of player, and I'm not convinced him and Curry would be workable in the playoffs.

Then there's the guys that can help at the margins like Hill, Bjelica, Ross, JJ...

I feel VERY confident that there will be at least 1 trade. It might be a big one, or two smaller deals. But at the very least, I foresee a trade that frees up 2 roster spots -- 1 for the buyout market and 1 for converting bbpaul.

Or multiple trades to free up roster spots, consolidate salary into a rotational player, etc.

Charlotte has $4M in cap space and an open roster spot.

I could see GSW moving on from Oubre. Charlotte wanting a young scoring G to pair with Lonzo, and to capitalize on Rozier while freeing up more cap space next year.

Danny Green to GSW
Oubre, Maxey and 2021 PHI 1st to CLT
Rozier to PHI

Makes some sense. Then use TPE to bring in Bjelica with a 2nd round pick.

Embiid
Harris
Simmons
Curry
Rozier

Howard
Bjelica
Thybulle
Shake

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app
Your Future Sixers

C- Embiid/?
PF- ?/?
SF- ?/?
SG- ?/?
PG- ?/?
ivysixer2000
General Manager

Post#17 » by ivysixer2000 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 7:16 pm

youngcrev wrote:Lowry would be my top target as he's the only gettable piece that could significantly impact the outcome of the season.

I just look forward to us not doing something stupid for a change.

There are several guys out there who could help, but if the price is too high, I also wouldn't mind staying put for now.

Just don't do anything stupid cause we have seen enough of that for years.
BullyKing
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 14,114

Post#18 » by BullyKing » Fri Mar 19, 2021 7:37 pm

But since he's an RFA, there's only so much say that he has in the matter.
NYSixersFan wrote:
the plan is to get as good as quickly as possible....I fully believe we could have been a borderline playoff team last year by adding young veterans....using or draft picks and cap space.....can I specifically tell you who? no.
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,011

Post#19 » by Sixerscan » Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:14 pm

BullyKing wrote:

But since he's an RFA, there's only so much say that he has in the matter.

Remember when Embiid got fined for making fun of lavar lol

I doubt anyone involves cares about that but it would still be funny.

And yeah Lonzo isn’t forcing himself anywhere, he’ll play for whoever pays him. That said he seems like he’d fit better with a team like the clippers who have wings that like to create.
agiaco
Analyst
And1: 1,126

Post#20 » by agiaco » Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:16 pm

When is the deadline over?

Return to Philadelphia 76ers