ImageImageImage

RS 20/21 - Mavs @ Blazers (Frid 10PM EST)

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

ejs78
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,091

Re: RS 20/21 - Mavs @ Blazers (Frid 10PM EST) 

Post#61 » by ejs78 » Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:39 am

This doesn't answer on how the 2 can play together. There won't be any rebounds when everyone and their mother drives past both of them.

dirkforpres wrote:
ejs78 wrote:I'll ask this again as a Detroiter what do you all see in Drummond and how in the world do you think he and KP are going to work in the front court?

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app

Rebounds, rebounds, and more rebounds.

Porzingis is a 5’5 man trapped in a 7’3 body. Get someone here that isn’t afraid of the painted area of the court and it HAS to translate to better basketball than this awful display

ejs78
Assistant Coach

Post#62 » by ejs78 » Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:42 am

If Drummond only gets their mins which is like 10 to 15 you're going to have a giant sulking baby who Carlisle won't play.
Archx wrote:
ejs78 wrote:I'll ask this again as a Detroiter what do you all see in Drummond and how in the world do you think he and KP are going to work in the front court?

I would give all those Powell and WCS minutes to him and see how it goes. He surely can't be worse, right? Plus are people not aware that he is expiring? And haven't you seen how Kanter bullied KP? Drummond is a lot stronger...

Absinthe
Pro Prospect
And1: 452

Post#63 » by Absinthe » Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:45 am

From the box score, it looks like Dallas shot a higher field goal percentage than Portland and still lost. This is very disturbing. I’ve been noticing a trend where Dallas has shot very damn good from three point land and the games are either close or they’re losing. That is a bad sign and it’s a sign of a terrible defensive team.
dirkforpres
RealGM
And1: 7,795

Post#64 » by dirkforpres » Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:45 am

ejs78 wrote:This doesn't answer on how the 2 can play together. There won't be any rebounds when everyone and their mother drives past both of them.

dirkforpres wrote:

Porzingis is a 5’5 man trapped in a 7’3 body. Get someone here that isn’t afraid of the painted area of the court and it HAS to translate to better basketball than this awful display

Porzingis sucks. The sooner this front office accepts that, the faster we can stop trying to make pieces fit around him. He’s not good enough to warrant those kind of roster decisions.... They need to find guys that can do the things he clearly can’t. He’s basically a more expensive Spencer Hawes
FIRE JASON KIDD
Absinthe
Pro Prospect
And1: 452

Post#65 » by Absinthe » Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:46 am

The absolutely worst thing Dallas did this past off season is pass on Christian Wood. It was the perfect fit and Houston got him at a discount.
ejs78
Assistant Coach

Post#66 » by ejs78 » Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:47 am

dirkforpres wrote:
ejs78 wrote:This doesn't answer on how the 2 can play together. There won't be any rebounds when everyone and their mother drives past both of them.

dirkforpres wrote:

Porzingis sucks. The sooner this front office accepts that, the faster we can stop trying to make pieces fit around him. He’s not good enough to warrant those kind of roster decisions.... They need to find guys that can do the things he clearly can’t. He’s basically a more expensive Spencer Hawes
If you think replacing KP with Drummond is a wise move

dirkforpres
RealGM

Post#67 » by dirkforpres » Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:50 am

ejs78 wrote:
dirkforpres wrote:

No, I’m replacing Cauley-Stein/Powell/Johnson with Drummond
FIRE JASON KIDD
ejs78
Assistant Coach

Post#68 » by ejs78 » Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:53 am

And you still cant play the 2 together.

You need to look at other options to solve the problem that won't create more issues
dirkforpres wrote:
ejs78 wrote:
dirkforpres wrote:

dirkforpres
RealGM

Post#69 » by dirkforpres » Sat Mar 20, 2021 5:10 am

ejs78 wrote:And you still cant play the 2 together.

You need to look at other options to solve the problem that won't create more issues
dirkforpres wrote:
ejs78 wrote:If you think replacing KP with Drummond is a wise move

They need to throw out the whole “can’t play him with KP thing” when it comes to literally any potential acquisition. Porzingis is not near good enough to warrant that kind of weight in player rotations or player movement. If he was rebounding or dominating the post like a player his size actually should, then maybe it would be a different discussion. But if he’s going to stay 30 feet front the basket on offense and embarrass himself trying to guard McCollum at the perimeter on defense, there’s no reason why the Mavs shouldn’t make a Drummond deal. The fact that Kanter completely outplayed KP tonight at 1/5 of the cost is truly shameful
FIRE JASON KIDD
ejs78
Assistant Coach

Post#70 » by ejs78 » Sat Mar 20, 2021 5:22 am

dirkforpres wrote:
ejs78 wrote:And you still cant play the 2 together.

dirkforpres wrote:

They need to throw out the whole “can’t play him with KP thing” when it comes to literally any potential acquisition. Porzingis is not near good enough to warrant that kind of weight in player rotations or player movement. If he was rebounding or dominating the post like a player his size actually should, then maybe it would be a different discussion. But if he’s going to stay 30 feet front the basket on offense and embarrass himself trying to guard McCollum at the perimeter on defense, there’s no reason why the Mavs shouldn’t make a Drummond deal. The fact that Kanter completely outplayed KP tonight at 1/5 of the cost is truly shameful
Do you think Drummond is an elite defender? He'll get embarrassed by CJ every time too.

On offense he's inept and if you think KP who's much more offensively gifted pouts wait until you see Drummond.

fuller4379
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,486

Post#71 » by fuller4379 » Sat Mar 20, 2021 5:41 am

The world isn’t ending, but Luka needs help. This coming off-season is going to be critical with Luka about to enter the final year of his rookie contract. The Mavs gambled on KP and it looking like they should have folded as opposed to going all in. The Mavs still have no trading chips because two future firsts going to NY.
ejs78
Assistant Coach

Post#72 » by ejs78 » Sat Mar 20, 2021 5:48 am

This summer they have to get it right.

Don't care if it's a "3rd star" or upgrading a few spots.

This year's team was 4 seed at best or where they are at worst. I wouldn't panic over this year like you said.
fuller4379 wrote:The world isn’t ending, but Luka needs help. This coming off-season is going to be critical with Luka about to enter the final year of his rookie contract. The Mavs gambled on KP and it looking like they should have folded as opposed to going all in. The Mavs still have no trading chips because two future firsts going to NY.

Bob8
General Manager
And1: 3,464

Post#73 » by Bob8 » Sat Mar 20, 2021 9:01 am

RC should have benched Richardson and play more Brunson. Richardson 36 minutes and 6 points, Brunson 15 minutes 9 points. And who cares about Richardson's D if both guards are scoring over 30 points with great efficiency. Iwundu was a class better than Richardson.
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 10,034

Post#74 » by Mavrelous » Sat Mar 20, 2021 9:35 am

Over there at the GB are drooling over Luka's passing
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
oldshoolballer
Starter
And1: 2,574

Post#75 » by oldshoolballer » Sat Mar 20, 2021 10:37 am

Richardson is useless what a horrible trade. Delon even looks better.
GeorgeGervin
Junior
And1: 331

Post#76 » by GeorgeGervin » Sat Mar 20, 2021 10:46 am

oldshoolballer wrote:Richardson is useless what a horrible trade. Delon even looks better.

To be fair he can provide good defense and prior to that game he was having a pretty good scoring streak. For the 11 previous games, he was averaging 14.8ppg on 60% TS, that's quite good.
But yeah, he just had a horrible game and overall he's not really a quality starter for a PO team.
Dirk
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 35,593

Post#77 » by Dirk » Sat Mar 20, 2021 10:51 am

Another ridiculously bad loss. Patented. They barely ever win a close game.

Mavs rank around the bottom of the league finishing games the last 2 seasons. It is mind boggling how they do not have the mindset to not take the foot off the gas when they built a lead at the start of the quarter ---- Play pretty well to hang on with the Blazers ridiculous shooting. Go up top start the 4th quarter and just felt like they "relaxed" as things looked too easy. Blazers get back up. And Mavs never look composed again.

It's frustrating watching some of these other teams win close games and Mavs botching it almost every single time.

Not a ton of luck either. Maxi had a 3 go in and out. While the Blazers had a Lillard bank shot 3 and Trent hitting everything before going in. It's been the same story forever.

Complete waste of what would have been a feel good win.

KP isn't difficult to defend, but an easy way to defend the guy is to put your face next to his elbows and then just pretend you get hit.

Maxi is a boss
60/21/10
Dirk
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 35,593

Post#78 » by Dirk » Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:34 am

KhalilS wrote:Over there at the GB are drooling over Luka's passing

I don't need to know why

He is playing at peak level right now.

Nit picking:
Spoiler:
Just needs to stay on edge and keep the foot down their throats like in this game where there was a lull where the energy dropped as a result of things looking too easy and Blazers came back up in the game. At least that's what it felt like.

Closing game time: he had a bad TO and missed a 3 in the clutch. Needs more help for sure, but closing games out is something that he can improve at.
60/21/10
Archx
General Manager
And1: 7,764

Post#79 » by Archx » Sat Mar 20, 2021 12:00 pm

Dirk wrote:Nit picking:
Spoiler:
Just needs to stay on edge and keep the foot down their throats like in this game where there was a lull where the energy dropped as a result of things looking too easy and Blazers came back up in the game. At least that's what it felt like.

Closing game time: he had a bad TO and missed a 3 in the clutch. Needs more help for sure, but closing games out is something that he can improve at.

It's not that easy :( Rick never rested him, in the clutch they even went to Jrich couple of times to do something. And we all know how bad Jrich was on offense in this game. He couldn't even dribble the ball properly for some reason. And Maxi missed two critical 3 pointers at the end, both open looks, KP was lost in the twilight zone plus 3 Mavs players also couldn't grab that final rebound which would give Mavs another chance.

There were a lot of things that went wrong in this game in the 4th Q.
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 10,034

Post#80 » by Mavrelous » Sat Mar 20, 2021 12:58 pm

The bad news, another close game lost, and it was in the Mavs' hands, the good news, the team is competitive with anyone.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down

Return to Dallas Mavericks