jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,069

Re: NCAA Tourney 

Post#21 » by jbk1234 » Sat Mar 20, 2021 6:40 pm

Stillwater wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:
Stillwater wrote:sure but he doesnt have a first step that is elite either and imo that is why
personally think he is not the clear consensus #1 despite having a lot of skill and a lot of positional versatility.
I dont think he will be the best player from this draft long term even though everyone likely agrees he is easily the top ranked one and done prospect because of his obvious advanced understanding of the game at a young age.
I'm beginning to agree with you. He just looks stiff offensively. You don't have to have elite athleticism, there are really good players in the NBA who lack elite athleticism. But if you can't beat your man off the dribble in college, that's a pretty big red flag.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using RealGM mobile app

There are so many good athletes in this draft but it's really hard not to like cade since there are so few with that level of BBIQ so young. He can really shoot it well also which separates him in many ways at that size. But yeah he's going to have less success trying to outsmart pros who are just as smart etc.
I still really like Kumingas upside since he is so similar to Kawhi physically athletically etc and his IQ is good evident in his passing. However he does not stretch the floor from deep so I am not sold this org sees him the same if they are building around JFro going forward.But if Kaminga adds even a 35% shot from deep he is going to become a monster with that easy ability to attack the paint
I don't want to draft another guy who can't shoot and hope he develops a shot. Not the year after drafting Okoro. Let's see how that goes first.

cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#22 » by Stillwater » Sat Mar 20, 2021 8:41 pm

jbk1234 wrote:
Stillwater wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:I'm beginning to agree with you. He just looks stiff offensively. You don't have to have elite athleticism, there are really good players in the NBA who lack elite athleticism. But if you can't beat your man off the dribble in college, that's a pretty big red flag.

There are so many good athletes in this draft but it's really hard not to like cade since there are so few with that level of BBIQ so young. He can really shoot it well also which separates him in many ways at that size. But yeah he's going to have less success trying to outsmart pros who are just as smart etc.
I still really like Kumingas upside since he is so similar to Kawhi physically athletically etc and his IQ is good evident in his passing. However he does not stretch the floor from deep so I am not sold this org sees him the same if they are building around JFro going forward.But if Kaminga adds even a 35% shot from deep he is going to become a monster with that easy ability to attack the paint
I don't want to draft another guy who can't shoot and hope he develops a shot. Not the year after drafting Okoro. Let's see how that goes first.

well Kaminga can shoot out to 15' at a nice clip he can shoot his mechanics are sound etc and is so impressive scoring around and above the rim they would be dumb to pass on him based on any previous picked players or his lack of attempts from outisde his normal position of dominance. I am not sold anyone on this roster is really good enough to pass on a potential generational talent upside like Kaminga. I am also looking heavy at Mobley with his 40" vert and ridiculous length on TNT right now and salivating at the idea of adding him to this roster
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#23 » by Stillwater » Sat Mar 20, 2021 10:59 pm

mini Lamelo [Preston] and Ohio U are must watch if you have not seen him. Id love for the Cavs to take a flier on him if they can pick up a 2nd but if he goes off in this game or they shock Virginia and actually win the game he could be a first rounder. Tru Tv 7pm aka right now
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#24 » by Stillwater » Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:01 pm

jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#25 » by jbk1234 » Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:17 pm

I'm officially participating in my brackets under protest now.

cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#26 » by Stillwater » Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:17 pm

if you catch the OU game keep an eye on Murphy for Virginia he will rise up boards soon
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#27 » by jbk1234 » Sun Mar 21, 2021 12:03 am

Stillwater wrote:if you catch the OU game keep an eye on Murphy for Virginia he will rise up boards soon
I have very conflicted feelings about this game. I have VA going to sweet 16 in a money pool.

cbosh4mvp wrote:
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#28 » by jbk1234 » Sun Mar 21, 2021 12:16 am

This IA center is playing like Joker but with a better post game.

cbosh4mvp wrote:
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#29 » by jbk1234 » Sun Mar 21, 2021 1:34 am

This has been just an incredible tourney.

cbosh4mvp wrote:
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#30 » by Stillwater » Sun Mar 21, 2021 1:56 am

love the upset for OU esp after State got beat...
Suggs is too small to be on the Cavs radar without moving somebody imo
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#31 » by Stillwater » Sun Mar 21, 2021 2:10 am

If you get a chance to watch the Texas game do it...Kai Jones is worth the flier
Greg Brown keeps draining 3s and hes a late lottery pick with that upside too
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#32 » by jbk1234 » Sun Mar 21, 2021 2:40 am

Stillwater wrote:love the upset for OU esp after State got beat...
Suggs is too small to be on the Cavs radar without moving somebody imo
I think you could give Garland or Sexton Suggs' teammates and double their assist numbers. Being surrounded by elite shooters can make a PG look better than he is.

cbosh4mvp wrote:
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#33 » by jbk1234 » Sun Mar 21, 2021 2:51 am

Man, AC is giving TX all they can handle.

cbosh4mvp wrote:
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#34 » by Stillwater » Sun Mar 21, 2021 3:10 am

UCLA looks a lot better than I thought they were defensively .
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#35 » by jbk1234 » Sun Mar 21, 2021 3:21 am

Can Mobley play PF?

cbosh4mvp wrote:
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#36 » by jbk1234 » Sun Mar 21, 2021 3:25 am

Does he have any kind of range?

cbosh4mvp wrote:
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#37 » by jbk1234 » Sun Mar 21, 2021 3:41 am

TX about to destroy my money bracket.

cbosh4mvp wrote:
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#38 » by Stillwater » Sun Mar 21, 2021 3:59 am

This ACU team plays like you want every team to play . Texas looks asleep and deserves to lose this.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#39 » by Stillwater » Sun Mar 21, 2021 4:04 am

jbk1234 wrote:Does he have any kind of range?

evan or Isaiah?
I will assume you mean the top 2 projected Evan: here is a decent review imo,: https://www.theplaygrounder.com/articles/2021-nba-draft-report-evan-mobley he can shoot it from range and play the 4 or the 5 but he is getting targeted as a 5 by most which maybe is a mistake because his versatility could allow him to join Allen for example and make a huge impact on both sides.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#40 » by jbk1234 » Sun Mar 21, 2021 4:31 am

Stillwater wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:Does he have any kind of range?

evan or Isaiah?
I will assume you mean the top 2 projected Evan: here is a decent review imo,: https://www.theplaygrounder.com/articles/2021-nba-draft-report-evan-mobley he can shoot it from range and play the 4 or the 5 but he is getting targeted as a 5 by most which maybe is a mistake because his versatility could allow him to join Allen for example and make a huge impact on both sides.
Mobley's impressed me the most.

My brother in law had OSU v. TX in the Finals. We just finished the first round and his bracket is done.

cbosh4mvp wrote:

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers