ImageImageImageImageImage

Enough is Enough vogel has got to go.

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

Beethoven
Head Coach
And1: 3,828

Re: Enough is Enough vogel has got to go. 

Post#161 » by Beethoven » Mon Mar 8, 2021 7:34 pm

I get we were cruising and AD is out, but we have 35 games left and, although still a good chunk left, we are not in a position to lose a game or two due to carelessness, mindlessness (and I believe most of our games we lost was due to that, not because the other team was better).
We lose a game now , it can bring us potentially vying for the 8th spot. It is that tight up in here.
We got to kick it into gear now and start taking some urgency and focus on winning now.
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)
iamworthy
RealGM
And1: 8,909

Post#162 » by iamworthy » Mon Mar 8, 2021 9:30 pm

I'll look at Vogel with a critical eye if we're looking sideways in the playoffs. Until then, he's just trying to get us to the playoffs with as much in the tank that we can have.
Dmagic
Pro Prospect
And1: 297

Post#163 » by Dmagic » Tue Mar 9, 2021 1:44 am

agree
Beethoven
Head Coach

Post#164 » by Beethoven » Tue Mar 9, 2021 5:16 pm

After this Friday's game at home against the Pacers and Sabonis' excellent ball handling skills,

we are in for a stretch of an overabundance of games within the March 15th - 26th time periods:

Mar15 @GSW
Mar16 Timberwolves
Mar18 Hornets
Mar20 Hawks
Mar21 @Phoenix
Mar23 @New Orleans
Mar25 76ers
Mar26 Cavs

Eight games in 12 days

Vogel will have to manage Lebron well during this stretch to prepare for the home stretch in April which consists of many strong playoff teams, so if Lebron needs to kick it into playoffs gear in April, perhaps this March stretch needs to be monitored keenly.
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)
tamaraw08
Analyst
And1: 1,279

Post#165 » by tamaraw08 » Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:17 pm

The last time Vogel has beaten his former teams Orlando and Indiana was ???????
DEEP3CL
RealGM
And1: 3,207

Post#166 » by DEEP3CL » Fri Mar 19, 2021 7:51 pm

lalalaker wrote:Lets be clear this year is hell important for lakers as davis can decide to walk if things turn bad this season and so far it is not good at all. Lakers arent blowing away teams that they should despite winning, losing against strong teams and honestly i dont see good team chemistry on court. What i am seeing now is a flashback of last season with luke as coach where he didnt do any style or system of offense and just let the talent of player do its work. So far all i see this season is hey LBJ work your magic on offense or just feed it to davis. There is no flow on offense over reliance on players and end up being a total **** in the end. Lakers offense gets too simple once 2nd half starts. its all lbj and davis look how predictable the offense is total shock lol.

Somehow theres this bromance between rondo and vogel where he puts an enormous trust on this vet who cant shoot or wont score only can assist which he barely does so what good does he do? vogels reliance on players to make plays is not how nba coaches should coach and its the reason why teams lose once opponents start figuring out how you play. if vogel is gonna use rondo then at least run the plays that forces rondo to atk the rim and dish or high pick and roll offense that he is used to run. What is up with this lakers coach hating to use pick and roll its an offense that works well so use it dammit. Luke was a stupid coach that wanted to show the world he can coach being ORIGINAL while vogel is a stupid coach that jus trust players to create offense themselves. I hate this non improvement from our coaches these past few years and i know lakers wont fire vogel but at least i want to see change from this lakers offense wise to the standard offense.GOD DAM I WISH VOGEL READS THIS.

I GUARANTEE IF LAKERS RUN THE HIGH SCREEN P&R THIS TEAM WILL BE BETTER I HAVE NO DOUBT.
Why do you think kuzma doesnt feel comfortable? Because offense is running too much for lbj and davis that when kuzma gets the ball its near shot clock. Look at this clippers game and tell me why the F is kuzma not featured more after a strong 1st half. why didnt the lakers keep the same offense going on second half? bc the offense is too predictable. Why is davis at post is just everyone else standing still why wont some1 slash to basket or set a pick near post why why why vogel u stupid coach
Post like these shows a low amount of basketball IQ, part of the reason I slowed down posting here.
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

SmartWentCrazy wrote:It's extremely unlikely that they end up in the top 3.They're probably better off trying to win and giving Philly the 8th pick than tanking and giving them the 4th.
Ballerhogger
RealGM
And1: 16,798

Post#167 » by Ballerhogger » Sat Mar 20, 2021 3:30 pm

He’s stopping running KCP and Matthews duo . Thank god . I hope he’s seen light on that
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 5,388

Post#168 » by Danny Darko » Sat Mar 20, 2021 7:28 pm

DEEP3CL wrote:
lalalaker wrote:yada yada
Post like these shows a low amount of basketball IQ, part of the reason I slowed down posting here.

haha i and here i had just been listing you as "DNP Old"!
good to see you Deep
Beethoven
Head Coach

Post#169 » by Beethoven » Sun Mar 21, 2021 12:19 am

We've got issues now that bron is out
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)
tamaraw08
Analyst

Post#170 » by tamaraw08 » Sun Mar 21, 2021 2:51 am

Beethoven wrote:We've got issues now that bron is out

I am VERY INTRIGUED on what Vogel would do with Lebron and AD both out. I cringed at the possibility of him reverting to his Orlando days... hopefully he and his staff get creative and not simply just let Schroder do a ton of screen/rolls and pick and pop.
Will draw some plays for Kuzma so he can get a little bit more aggressive?
Would he unleash THT?
Can he set up KCP?
reamily
Senior
And1: 87

Post#171 » by reamily » Sun Mar 21, 2021 3:35 am

Needs his buddy evan fournier back? Will buy anything now if i am lakers
lalalaker
Sophomore
And1: 19

Post#172 » by lalalaker » Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:10 am

time for lakers to consider a trade? or wait for a buyout market? Ok lets get things straight first. #1 with both lebron and davis out lakers need a goto scorer with a mentality to score and not pass. schroder has to be the ball handler but vogels pick and roll is crap as noone gets open on their sequence. anyone we hear trade is gonna have doubts as to who is to be traded since we all love our kuzma and THT. no team would want marc or mathews and surely wont want KCP. i do not see any option at this point. If Lakers were to trade for a guard even if it means giving up tht it would be oladipo, buddy hield or someone who can give us at least 20ppg. #2i do not trust vogel with having the skills to run efficient offense as he is a defense minded coach and even from this stand point lakers do not play good defense at all leaving players open at 3s all the time. When will he stop his players from over helping others dammit. #3 this is a huge warning for the lakers as that nuber 7 and 8 seed isnt that far off if lakers continue to lose which is highly likely if players arent sensing any desperation. This game against phoneix especially was important seeding point and i dont think vogel made any strong point to let players know that or otherwise they wouldnt be playing that lazy. #4 Lakers offense is so dam stagnant bc they are just moving around looking for a opportunity for a great shot and wont settle for a good shot leading to one and done possession and low scoring. vogel hasnt done a great job this season to setup a offense system that gets players open period
Beethoven
Head Coach

Post#173 » by Beethoven » Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:06 pm

Another year wasted of prime Bron

....or is it Washed Bron??

Did you hear me Washed King? I just called you "washed"

this is all Vogel's fault.
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)
lautreamont
Junior
And1: 248

Post#174 » by lautreamont » Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:02 am

Vogel still keeping Lakers one of the top defenses in the league without their best defensive player. But yeah he has to go.
tamaraw08
Analyst

Post#175 » by tamaraw08 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:34 pm

lautreamont wrote:Vogel still keeping Lakers one of the top defenses in the league without their best defensive player. But yeah he has to go.

Lakers were great defensively without their TWO best defensive players battling teams with POWERHOUSE LINEUPS like Magic,Cavs, Hawks and Sixers without Embiid. but ok Vogel is a very good defensive minded coach, I think no one with a sensible mind should dispute that. Right now, he has this great opportunity to show everyone here that he can design plays that would help them score points to combine with their great defense. 2 days rest/preparation, we shall see vs the Bucks tonight.
Beethoven
Head Coach

Vogel and staff doin work 

Post#176 » by Beethoven » Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:24 pm

Vogel is doin some good work man I totally underestimated his drive and ability to procure good results on things that are important. I did a 180 just not even couple weeks ago.

I may change my mind on him again who knows :lol:
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,184

Post#177 » by LAKESHOW » Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:31 pm

There is no doubt in my mind, that Vogel is an excellent Defensive Tactician. The other side is where we stall, have turnovers and long lapses and droughts. But we've got the personnel ultimately to get buckets. This last game vs the Nets renewed faith to Many in Laker Nation
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
Beethoven
Head Coach

Post#178 » by Beethoven » Tue Apr 13, 2021 3:05 am

I dunno about Vogel man.

Thibodeau ran circles around him today.
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)
BEazy
RealGM
And1: 2,483

Post#179 » by BEazy » Tue Apr 13, 2021 3:35 am

Beethoven wrote:I dunno about Vogel man.

Thibodeau ran circles around him today.

Is it Vogel's fault he has no playmakers on the squad currently? I mean the starting PG had more turnovers than assist until 4:44 in the 4th where he got 2 assist to put him up to 1 more assist to turnover total. So pretty much the whole game playing without a playmaker is a recipe for disaster. I don't blame this on Vogel one bit.

Long Live The Black Mamba. Kobe Bean Bryant Laker For Life. 8/24
tamaraw08
Analyst

Post#180 » by tamaraw08 » Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:09 pm

Lue used that 5-out offense to open up the offense and punish Gobert. I can’t help to wonder if that scheme would have worked probably using Kieff instead of a center. Pelinka acquired shooters before too but Vogel didn’t like the way they played defense so he benched 3 of them. I wonder if Dallas was willing to trade Seth Curry for Green? Would Lue request Rob to ger Bryn Forbes?
I’m not saying they should fire Frank but I’m just pondering

Return to Los Angeles Lakers