ImageImageImageImageImage

Around the NBA IV

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

kingcong95
Junior
And1: 129

Re: Around the NBA IV 

Post#1641 » by kingcong95 » Mon Mar 22, 2021 2:25 am

cdubbz wrote:Lamelo Ball out the rest of the season with a fractured wrist.

Not to be over dramatic but anything good happen this season?! KD hurt, Klay hurt, Lebron gets hurt, AD hurt etc.

And Wiggins hasn't been the complete disaster that made Wolves fans rip their hair out.

OK, once in a while he will do the same for me, and he probably will never be worth the Brinks truck that backs up to his driveway, but he does enough here and there to keep when other teams think we'll just give away the pick to wash our hands of him.
Crazy-Canuck
RealGM
And1: 6,292

Post#1642 » by Crazy-Canuck » Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:09 am

LMFAO, Dlo posting Ant for ROY after hearing Lamelo is out for the season. Dude is pure class. :banghead:
cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,793

Post#1643 » by cdubbz » Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:22 am

Crazy-Canuck wrote:LMFAO, Dlo posting Ant for ROY after hearing Lamelo is out for the season. Dude is pure class. :banghead:

Eh. It’s weird to hold these guys to high standards. I would have done the same. So what? Lamelo is out, now it’s time for Ant man to take the award.

Don’t mind it one bit.
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
Crazy-Canuck
RealGM
And1: 6,292

Post#1644 » by Crazy-Canuck » Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:34 am

cdubbz wrote:
Crazy-Canuck wrote:LMFAO, Dlo posting Ant for ROY after hearing Lamelo is out for the season. Dude is pure class. :banghead:

Eh. It’s weird to hold these guys to high standards. I would have done the same. So what? Lamelo is out, now it’s time for Ant man to take the award.

Don’t mind it one bit.

If you get a promotion at work because your co worker is in a car accident and cant work for the year, I doubt you'll be celebrating at work for everyone to hear.
and1GS
RealGM
And1: 2,726
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#1645 » by and1GS » Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:47 am

cdubbz wrote:

Don’t mind it one bit.

Do people actually call him ant man? That is an awful nickname.

And no, the 'Ant Man' should not win ROY. Unless this is a 'who's taken the most shots and scored the most points' award. If it is then give him that award now because nobody else is catching up. He's taken double the shots Haliburton has on way worse %s while being far more careless with the ball.

He could end up being a good player, and he might win this award if he keeps up his hot streak, but I was never sold on him at #1.
"The dynasty doesn't start with you, it starts after you" :lol: :lol:

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
kingcong95
Junior

Post#1646 » by kingcong95 » Mon Mar 22, 2021 5:13 am

I feel like the ROY at this point is going to come down to who has the flashiest highlights and 2K-worthy numbers. That's my only guess for Steph losing out to Tyreke Evans.
and1GS
RealGM
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#1647 » by and1GS » Mon Mar 22, 2021 6:10 am

At the time I felt it was fair to give Tyreke ROY. It was quite close. Both teams sucked. Tyreke had a 20-5-5 year while Steph scored less on better % from 3.

The shocking one from that year for me was Brandon Jennings. Came blazing out the gates. 50 pt game which I'm pretty sure was against us. Then laid an egg for the rest of his career.

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
kingcong95
Junior

Post#1648 » by kingcong95 » Mon Mar 22, 2021 5:26 pm

and1GS wrote:At the time I felt it was fair to give Tyreke ROY. It was quite close. Both teams sucked. Tyreke had a 20-5-5 year while Steph scored less on better % from 3.

The shocking one from that year for me was Brandon Jennings. Came blazing out the gates. 50 pt game which I'm pretty sure was against us. Then laid an egg for the rest of his career.

The only thing about Jennings I ever remember were that outburst, and the cheap shot on JaVale hoisting up a 3 at the shot clock buzzer when the outcome was already certain.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,136

Post#1649 » by wco81 » Tue Mar 23, 2021 2:43 am

NBA looking to more than triple their current TV deal, get close to the $110 billion deal that the NFL just signed.

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/261965/NBA-Seeking-$75-Billion-Over-Nine-Years-With-Next-TV-Deals

Cable bills will go up. But maybe Amazon or some other company with dedicated streaming service will get a piece of the package.

Disney just got the rights to stream NFL games on ESPN +, as did NBC with Peacock and CBS with Paramount Plus, in addition to Amazon getting the exclusive TNF package.

If NBA sells off streaming rights, maybe League Pass won't be as attractive.
killmongrel
Veteran
And1: 1,276

Post#1650 » by killmongrel » Tue Mar 23, 2021 2:48 am

Wolves are so bad.
and1GS
RealGM

Post#1651 » by and1GS » Tue Mar 23, 2021 3:07 am

wco81 wrote:NBA looking to more than triple their current TV deal, get close to the $110 billion deal that the NFL just signed.

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/261965/NBA-Seeking-$75-Billion-Over-Nine-Years-With-Next-TV-Deals

Cable bills will go up. But maybe Amazon or some other company with dedicated streaming service will get a piece of the package.

Disney just got the rights to stream NFL games on ESPN +, as did NBC with Peacock and CBS with Paramount Plus, in addition to Amazon getting the exclusive TNF package.

If NBA sells off streaming rights, maybe League Pass won't be as attractive.

The next step for cable will be fascinating. After this year, NBCSN will be shuttered and all programming will shift to Peacock (which is honestly horrendous. worst app/experience I've ever had) and USA. I think we are hitting the point where big companies will lock content to their service, which will be half-assed and tough to navigate, then end up winning purely due to that content.

I would expect local games to land on USA while national games still hit places like ESPN. For sports like EPL, it will be a **** show. Mostly Peacock. No DVR functionality. No smart tv app. And 80% of the time it won't even cast from my phone so I'm mirroring my laptop to a tv...while both play the content with sound. Truly awful.

cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,793

Post#1652 » by cdubbz » Wed Mar 24, 2021 1:11 am

I know Lakerland doesn’t care for it, but I wish they stayed home grown and kept all their picks. Julius Randle, Clarkson, Dlo, Ingram, Lonzo Ball and Nance Jr. Good drafting by them.
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
donkeylips
Veteran
And1: 1,305

Post#1653 » by donkeylips » Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:22 pm

dont forget zubac
I can hawk a loogie eight feet in the air and catch it with my tongue.
hamncheese
Assistant Coach
And1: 849

Post#1654 » by hamncheese » Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:18 pm

Dang, Orlando cleaning house.
Bob Myers, June 7, 2018: "“It’s not in my job description to please NBA fans. It’s to win, end of story. I don’t need to be entertained, I just need to win. That’s all it is. That’s all I was hired to do. Win.”
TrueFan420
Senior
And1: 428

Post#1655 » by TrueFan420 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 6:46 pm

Feel like we missed out on getting some good value players to help this year
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,136

Post#1656 » by wco81 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:50 pm

hamncheese wrote:Dang, Orlando cleaning house.

They may also have two top 10 picks, their own which is currently around #4 or #5 and the Bulls top-4 protected, which is around #10 or #11 right now.

Only long term deal they have appears to be Issacs.

So they may start over and accumulate lotto picks, which is what they ended up with, a bottom tier playoff team which exited in the first round.

Or maybe enough assets to trade for a bigger fish.
Old_Blue
Starter
And1: 790

Post#1657 » by Old_Blue » Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:10 am

cdubbz wrote:I know Lakerland doesn’t care for it, but I wish they stayed home grown and kept all their picks. Julius Randle, Clarkson, Dlo, Ingram, Lonzo Ball and Nance Jr. Good drafting by them.

DLo is trash. Imagine if the Lakers had selected Devin Booker that draft.
GSWFan1994 wrote:I saw signs of David Robinson, Anthony Davis, Chris Bosh & Kevin Garnett while watching Wiseman.
kingcong95
Junior

Post#1658 » by kingcong95 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:32 am

Old_Blue wrote:
cdubbz wrote:I know Lakerland doesn’t care for it, but I wish they stayed home grown and kept all their picks. Julius Randle, Clarkson, Dlo, Ingram, Lonzo Ball and Nance Jr. Good drafting by them.

DLo is trash. Imagine if the Lakers had selected Devin Booker that draft.

When the Suns took Booker 13th, it was widely viewed as a reach.
TinoDubs
Junior
And1: 45

Post#1659 » by TinoDubs » Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:45 am

Houston is a huge loser after all set and done. Give away 1st team all-stars for ton of low picks.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,635

Post#1660 » by Coxy » Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:33 am

TinoDubs wrote:Houston is a huge loser after all set and done. Give away 1st team all-stars for ton of low picks.

Isn't it fantastic. :love:

Return to Golden State Warriors