ImageImageImage

2021 Fantasy B-Ball

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

bigfoot
Suns Forum Anti-Tank Commander
And1: 6,164

Re: 2021 Fantasy Basketball Thread (Dynasty/Premier/G-League) 

Post#341 » by bigfoot » Wed Mar 3, 2021 7:34 pm

Can players get the COVID vaccine already. Jeez, I'm tired of my guy's missing games.
dmastro32
Rookie
And1: 502

Post#342 » by dmastro32 » Thu Mar 4, 2021 10:17 pm

McConnell balled out last night 16 points 13 assists and 10 steals while perfect from the floor.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,412

Post#343 » by bwgood77 » Thu Mar 4, 2021 10:38 pm

Premier is so hard to monitor. When I was ahead in games like everyone else I was near the lead, and now that I have one of the fewest number of games played, I am down to like 7th...I even checked to see if I was behind in games, and I am right on. So I imagine I should climb some down the stretch. Hard to figure out by how much.

It also makes it more difficult to see which categories you need...of course to some extent you can but you can obviously be a lot further behind in points, and to a lesser extent, boards and assists, than stuff like steals, blocks and 3s.
wheezy
Rookie
And1: 556

Post#344 » by wheezy » Fri Mar 5, 2021 1:33 am

bwgood77 wrote:Premier is so hard to monitor. When I was ahead in games like everyone else I was near the lead, and now that I have one of the fewest number of games played, I am down to like 7th...I even checked to see if I was behind in games, and I am right on. So I imagine I should climb some down the stretch. Hard to figure out by how much.

It also makes it more difficult to see which categories you need...of course to some extent you can but you can obviously be a lot further behind in points, and to a lesser extent, boards and assists, than stuff like steals, blocks and 3s.

I feel like being a little behind in games in games in the first half of the season is a good way to gauge what stats you need to make up down the stretch, and alternatively where you're doing great in. It's the guys ahead 50 games that don't really know how to judge their team since their counting stats are going to be super inflated. Just maintain those percentages and you're good there.
Golanator
Sixth Man
And1: 1,376

Post#345 » by Golanator » Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:55 pm

Dynasty, if anyone wants Terrence Ross he’s yours
sunskerr
General Manager
And1: 5,356

Post#346 » by sunskerr » Sat Mar 13, 2021 6:23 am

So Kevin Porter Jr. is legitimately good? I had him last year and honestly felt he was just kinda like a Coby White sort of guy. Lucky to have scooped him up given I wasn't that big on him.
MrMiyagi
Suns Forum Eternal Optimist
And1: 7,166

Post#347 » by MrMiyagi » Sat Mar 13, 2021 4:26 pm

sunskerr wrote:So Kevin Porter Jr. is legitimately good? I had him last year and honestly felt he was just kinda like a Coby White sort of guy. Lucky to have scooped him up given I wasn't that big on him.

Two good games for a team with a lot of opportunity. Not a bad pick up.
Suns traded Mikal Bridges, Cam Johnson, Jae Crowder and 4 1st round picks and a swap so some Vegas Bookies would like us.
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent. - Isaac Asimov
Let us sing when we can, and forget the rest. - H.P. Lovecraft
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#348 » by bwgood77 » Sat Mar 13, 2021 10:09 pm

Sucks about Embiid for those Embiid owners. I have him in a league and him and Paul George help me stay afloat but they both keep missing games...will hurt with him out for awhile.
sunskerr
General Manager

Post#349 » by sunskerr » Sat Mar 13, 2021 11:15 pm

MrMiyagi wrote:
sunskerr wrote:So Kevin Porter Jr. is legitimately good? I had him last year and honestly felt he was just kinda like a Coby White sort of guy. Lucky to have scooped him up given I wasn't that big on him.

He's only a 20 year old 2nd year player too, which is nice. But that also means he probably isn't as good as his last 2 games.

bwgood77 wrote:Sucks about Embiid for those Embiid owners. I have him in a league and him and Paul George help me stay afloat but they both keep missing games...will hurt with him out for awhile.

That could be a back breaker for weekapaug on top of the McCollum injury.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#350 » by bwgood77 » Sun Mar 14, 2021 7:15 am

Injuries are killing me in premier...that and guys being held out due to trade requests. But it is killing my bigs. I've been missing Nurkic the whole season but now Bam too, and Aldridge. Then Fournier seems to be on the trade block and hasn't played in a while but is injured as well.

I think I was leading FG% early, even with Nurkic out, but with more bigs out I have dropped and then of course in blocks and rebounds.
MathiasPW
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,805

Post#351 » by MathiasPW » Tue Mar 23, 2021 12:34 am

This is your 3rd installment of PER GAME rankings for Dynasty League.

Among so much excitement and injuries and whatnot, our standings have been pretty much the same over the last month. But, as you look closer, things have changed enough. Fresh Princes has been edging closer to the league average in games played (now at 393 GP), being still 15 games behind, but the effort has cost him a few points, and he is now tied with Weeka, who has risen from his trade mayhem and is aiming at the title once again.
Sunskerr is holding the 1st spot since the league started, but the difference to 2nd and 3rd places is far from big enough for any guarantees.

The second block has seen very little movement, with 4 of the 6 spots between 4th and 10th being stable over the last month. On the back end of the league, TASTIC continues to crawl up, while Miyagi is stubbornly holding his last spot for tanking purposes.

I also added a new graph because, why not!?

WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,663

Post#352 » by WeekapaugGroove » Tue Mar 23, 2021 2:10 am

sunskerr wrote:
MrMiyagi wrote:

He's only a 20 year old 2nd year player too, which is nice. But that also means he probably isn't as good as his last 2 games.

bwgood77 wrote:Sucks about Embiid for those Embiid owners. I have him in a league and him and Paul George help me stay afloat but they both keep missing games...will hurt with him out for awhile.

That could be a back breaker for weekapaug on top of the McCollum injury.
Isaac, Hunter, CJ, Embiid, Kemba the injuries keep hitting but I've kept in it somehow. I probably won't have enough to actually close out the championship but even being in the race is an accomplishment.

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
sunskerr
General Manager

Post#353 » by sunskerr » Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:51 am

MathiasPW wrote:Image

Mitch Robs absence was BRUTAL for me as expected since I depend on him to keep me afloat in rebounds (he is my leading rebounder with ~8 per game) and blocks. The team is really just him + point guards so I'm seeing the effects of his absence in those two categories. Hopefully he gets back on track to give me another point or two in rebounds and blocks because this year is crazy close.

There's always next year though where I'll have Kevin Porter Jr. for a full season. Very high hopes for his long term outlook and he allowed me to cut ties with Avdija.
MathiasPW
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,805

Post#354 » by MathiasPW » Tue Mar 23, 2021 12:14 pm

And just like that WeekapaugGroove lost 6.5 points in a day..
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,663

Post#355 » by WeekapaugGroove » Tue Mar 23, 2021 3:59 pm

MathiasPW wrote:And just like that WeekapaugGroove lost 6.5 points in a day..
Womp womp. My smoke and mirrors run might be ending lol

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
bigfoot
Suns Forum Anti-Tank Commander
And1: 6,164

Post#356 » by bigfoot » Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:37 pm

MathiasPW wrote:This is your 3rd installment of PER GAME rankings for Dynasty League.

Among so much excitement and injuries and whatnot, our standings have been pretty much the same over the last month. But, as you look closer, things have changed enough. Fresh Princes has been edging closer to the league average in games played (now at 393 GP), being still 15 games behind, but the effort has cost him a few points, and he is now tied with Weeka, who has risen from his trade mayhem and is aiming at the title once again.
Sunskerr is holding the 1st spot since the league started, but the difference to 2nd and 3rd places is far from big enough for any guarantees.

The second block has seen very little movement, with 4 of the 6 spots between 4th and 10th being stable over the last month. On the back end of the league, TASTIC continues to crawl up, while Miyagi is stubbornly holding his last spot for tanking purposes.

I've got an impossible hill to climb. Curry, Durant, and Ball are all on the injured list. Bad enough I had MPJ, Herro, Keldon Johnson, and Durant all miss a significant number of games because of COVID and then Conley with a hammy pull. This season has been tough on players.
wheezy
Rookie
And1: 556

Post#357 » by wheezy » Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:56 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:
MathiasPW wrote:And just like that WeekapaugGroove lost 6.5 points in a day..
Womp womp. My smoke and mirrors run might be ending lol

Hey at least you got some of them back last night.
TASTIC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,330

Post#358 » by TASTIC » Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:33 pm

MathiasPW wrote:This is your 3rd installment of PER GAME rankings for Dynasty League.

Most definitely not intentional! Nothing worse than being a middle of the pack team and that's what I am. Everyone's been injured at some point. Stupidly kept Dinwiddie over Holmes.

Am slowly adding some young upside guys - hence the Noel drop - so will see how we go over the stretch.

Derozan, Graham, Rozier all available for the right price (not just draft picks). Tobias could possibly but it'd really need to be a nice young player coming back cos he's still only 28 and is an under the radar 50-40-89 guy
MrMiyagi

Post#359 » by MrMiyagi » Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:42 am

Spoiler:

Suns traded Mikal Bridges, Cam Johnson, Jae Crowder and 4 1st round picks and a swap so some Vegas Bookies would like us.
MrMiyagi

Post#360 » by MrMiyagi » Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:19 am

Does anyone else feel like the Yahoo Fantasy app has the worst notification settings? First of all, their player news sends like 3 notifications per player when they go from GTD to OUT to INJ to OUT in about 30 seconds (only for that player to end up playing), and then they notify you of every single add and drop, individually. I've tried to play around with which notifications I get, but their options seem pretty trash too. I just want to know when a player on my watch list is added or dropped and the status of my player an hour before tipoff. Is that too much to ask for? Am I just an idiot who doesn't know how to set my notifications up correctly?

Return to Phoenix Suns