LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,573

Re: The TRADE Thread 2021 

Post#221 » by LightTheBeam » Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:41 am

codydaze wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:Wow man. dozencousins putting some respect of his name

dozencousins said

Ya dozens I've called you out in the past, but you absolutely nailed this one. Good call

Sent from my SM-G988U1 using RealGM mobile app
blind prophet
RealGM
And1: 3,245

Post#222 » by blind prophet » Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:41 am

dozencousins wrote:Kings are about to trade Jospeh

One minute after you said this.

Read on Twitter

Interesting.
dozencousins
Analyst
And1: 135

Post#223 » by dozencousins » Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:42 am

jeffjtk1234 wrote:It took years by dozencousins’ time is neigh.

Love this deal though. Walton in shambles. Lost his boo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yah problem is as I said for years . Many trade talks fall through . Most actually do not happen though talked about .

Anyways

Though I do'nt claim right now to have any direct trade info as to team but I do here though reported Buddy is not likely to be traded that he has a decent shot to be dealt . I suspect J.James to be traded and Nemanja will get traded 100% book it !
Barnes is iffy however Boston , Indiana & Denver most likelt destinations if dealt .

I have heard Buddy's name floated to the Mavs , Tor & Clev most notably

Parker if not dealt will be bought out 95 % certain

Lastly I here if Bagley gets dealt he will be packaged in a trade with at least 1 if not 2 other players .

I will be gone a lot tomorrow so I am not sure if I will get the chance to update again but if I can I will try .
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#224 » by LightTheBeam » Thu Mar 25, 2021 6:19 am

So I'm thinking Bagley for a solid rotation guy in his mid 20s, making 4-7 mil per year.

Bazley and Kenrich for Bagley?

codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 4,534

Post#225 » by codydaze » Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:01 pm

Read on Twitter

I always liked Beli but the writing was on the wall all year. Happy we could at least send him off to Miami.
OGSactownballer
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,002

Post#226 » by OGSactownballer » Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:24 pm

This is ideal for strengthening the bench.

Harkless is used to the West. Plays excellent three and D ball at the 2/3/4 and knows his role.
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#227 » by LightTheBeam » Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:24 pm

codydaze wrote:
Read on Twitter

I always liked Beli but the writing was on the wall all year. Happy we could at least send him off to Miami.

I predict that if Harkless doesn't get moved, hes going to be a big part of the bench. Athletic, lanky, good defender.

This was a move to get Bjelica to a playoff team, save Sac money, and improve the defense.
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#228 » by codydaze » Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:33 pm

Read on Twitter

Could just be Coach Bagley being Coach Bagley again but...
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#229 » by LightTheBeam » Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:40 pm

codydaze wrote:
Read on Twitter

Could just be Coach Bagley being Coach Bagley again but...

I think hes thankful that Bjelica is gone. Because you know, its never Marvins fault. Hes our best player and a future superstar, injuries haven't limited him, the Kings have!
Couch Potato
Rookie
And1: 222

Post#230 » by Couch Potato » Thu Mar 25, 2021 6:14 pm

Kings are over the roster limit with the Bjelica trade.
BoogieTime
Head Coach
And1: 2,775

Post#231 » by BoogieTime » Thu Mar 25, 2021 6:18 pm

Couch Potato wrote:Kings are over the roster limit with the Bjelica trade.

Bagley is gone

Just about where and for what

I don’t think more than a bad first or two 2nds
dozencousins
Analyst

Post#232 » by dozencousins » Thu Mar 25, 2021 6:29 pm

Whiteside about to get dealt

95 % certain Barnes is staying but teams are pushing very hard still

Buddy is in play but very iffy to be dealt today

J.James might still get dealt

Bagley could get dealt but as of now not looking great

I just got back so I am trying to get more info . Doubt I will be able to give a lot more than this before the deadline .

Lastly teams trying to pry Holmes but it would take a Hall to get him . Doubt he gets dealt .
dozencousins
Analyst

Post#233 » by dozencousins » Thu Mar 25, 2021 6:34 pm

RipPizzaGuy wrote:
codydaze wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:Wow man. dozencousins putting some respect of his name

dozencousins said

Ya dozens I've called you out in the past, but you absolutely nailed this one. Good call

Appreciate this !

As I have said and something we all know . Most all trade talks and rumors do not pan out .

I only try and update what I know . I do not make stuff up . I only try and inform Knigs fans here what I can and from there it is what it is .

Take care all ! GO KINGS !!!!!!!!!
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#234 » by codydaze » Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:16 pm

So as of right now it looks like we have sent out Bjelica and some seconds to bring in Delon Wright, Moe Harkless, Chris Silva and Terence Davis. That leaves two roster spots we need to open for these deal to happen so I'm assuming Whiteside is offloaded somewhere and one of Parker, Kabengele or James will be cut to make the space.

Our front court depth will be super thin with Bagley hurt, the only bigs we'll have are Holmes and Metu, I'm not sure I like the deadline moves as a whole if this is how it ends up. Individually, I like all of these deals, it's directionally that I don't really understand. Not only will our front court depth be wiped out but we also added salary to next year with Wright's contract so it will take some moves to clear up space for Holmes next year unless we just let him walk.

As individual moves I give this deadline a B+ if this is how it pans out.

As a whole, I give the deadline a C-.
BoogieTime
Head Coach
And1: 2,775

Post#235 » by BoogieTime » Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:21 pm

Terence Davis looks good on YouTube for a 2nd
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#236 » by codydaze » Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:31 pm

BoogieTime wrote:Terence Davis looks good on YouTube for a 2nd

He's a nice, young player. The guard rotation is just jammed up right now between Fox-Hali-Buddy-Wright-Davis. Buddy is going to need to play a lot of small forward I guess since today's moves pretty much lock Barnes into a full time 4.
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#237 » by codydaze » Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:32 pm

So we're cutting Jabari Parker and Kabengele to make room for the deals. I would have rather moved or just cut Whiteside and let Kabengele get some burn...
OGSactownballer
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,002

Post#238 » by OGSactownballer » Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:34 pm

codydaze wrote:So as of right now it looks like we have sent out Bjelica and some seconds to bring in Delon Wright, Moe Harkless, Chris Silva and Terence Davis. That leaves two roster spots we need to open for these deal to happen so I'm assuming Whiteside is offloaded somewhere and one of Parker, Kabengele or James will be cut to make the space.

Our front court depth will be super thin with Bagley hurt, the only bigs we'll have are Holmes and Metu, I'm not sure I like the deadline moves as a whole if this is how it ends up. Individually, I like all of these deals, it's directionally that I don't really understand. Not only will our front court depth be wiped out but we also added salary to next year with Wright's contract so it will take some moves to clear up space for Holmes next year unless we just let him walk.

As individual moves I give this deadline a B+ if this is how it pans out.

As a whole, I give the deadline a C-.

If you’re going to grade it, you need to grade it for what it actually is.

Ownership has made abundantly clear that we are NOY going to tank - whether or not those of us in the fan base like that or not. And to get to at least the play in - if not a bit higher up - we are fine in the starting five but we absolutely were in trouble in 1) the bench and 2) perimeter (3 pt) defense.

With the moves made, Monty just added quality depth to the bench that is made up of primarily multi positional guys who all are good quality defenders but still can carry the second team work with timely scoring.

I would grade it as a B/B+ in a vacuum, but for what he was trying to accomplish it is an easy A.

Too often we look at things through the lens of not only being a fan, but as what we WANT to happen rather than what CAN happen.

I’m pretty pleased today and we’ll see what happens with plenty of games to go in the season and our easier half of the schedule ahead of us.
SmellingColors
Pro Prospect
And1: 139

Post#239 » by SmellingColors » Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:19 pm

Monte sold this year as a gap year to Vivek meaning a soft rebuild. Hence why the bench was so thin to begin with so the initial moves didn't surprise me. As for these moves, it'll be nice to see Wright take Joseph's minutes, but as for creating a real contending playoff team? Not sure how this gets us closer. We'll likely have a lower draft position, will have trouble resigning Holmes/signing anyone significant this off-season with maxed Fox, Buddy's contract, and Barnes combined with the fact we're still Sacramento.

Best case scenario is Fox continues to play at an All-Star level, Buddy's shot keeps falling, the holes in the defense minimize, and Haliburton continues improving this year and that that's enough to get into the playoffs because I'm not sure how we improve significantly next year with all this money on the books/lack of high draft position. It'll have to come largely from this group imo.

That being said, I think the Fox/Hali/Buddy/Barnes/Holmes lineup is pretty damn good so maybe it's enough. I just don't trust it.
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#240 » by LightTheBeam » Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:31 pm

codydaze wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:Terence Davis looks good on YouTube for a 2nd

He's a nice, young player. The guard rotation is just jammed up right now between Fox-Hali-Buddy-Wright-Davis. Buddy is going to need to play a lot of small forward I guess since today's moves pretty much lock Barnes into a full time 4.

I think hes going to play. Maybe not immediately, but within a week I think hes in the rotation.

My guess

Holmes (33) Whiteside (15)
Barnes (36) Harkless (12)
Buddy (35) Davis (13)
Hali (32) Wright (16)
Fox (34) Wright (14)

Minutes will fluctuate and obviously I think we run some Fox - Hali - Wright sets. Maybe even super small with Barnes/Harkless as the bigs. Maybe Metu plays some games we need to go bigger. But Id think this settles in as the 9 man rotation. That bench defense looks really really good compared to what we were throwing out there.

Return to Sacramento Kings