Bazemore Doesn't Want to Have COVID Vaccine

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

AdonalFoyle4Prez
Analyst
And1: 362

Bazemore Doesn't Want to Have COVID Vaccine 

Post#1 » by AdonalFoyle4Prez » Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:06 am

Read on Twitter

Sorry for making this about a social / global issue, but isn't this why we are where we are at this moment? I get it can be a "personal choice" to a certain extent, but does that "personal choice" mean to potentially contract the virus, unknowingly, and pass it on to those more vulnerable? I say that's more of a reckless and selfish choice.

If scientific data and statistics collected within the last year and continual research suggests how much this pandemic has dominated all of our lives and scientists and expert health and infectious disease experts are encouraging everyone to get vaccinated, I'm going with the big brains on this.
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,239

Re: Bazemore Doesn't Want to Have COVID Vaccine 

Post#2 » by xdrta+ » Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:57 am

There needs to be an NBA rule, no vaccine, find another job.
kingcong95
Junior
And1: 129

Post#3 » by kingcong95 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:01 am

He and Wiggins can have a separate section on the bench to themselves.
A12MEN
Junior
And1: 22

Post#4 » by A12MEN » Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:59 am

There's no need for people that young to be vaccinated over something that they have 99% chance of beating. People that are at risk and older should decide whether the vaccine is best for them.
MAC
Warriors Analyst
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,694

Post#5 » by Warriors Analyst » Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:08 am

A12MEN wrote:There's no need for people that young to be vaccinated over something that they have 99% chance of beating. People that are at risk and older should decide whether the vaccine is best for them.

Haven't seen you around before. Funny of you to show up at this exact moment to make this point. I look forward to watching you fail to defend your stupid point.
A12MEN
Junior

Post#6 » by A12MEN » Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:10 am

Warriors Analyst wrote:
A12MEN wrote:There's no need for people that young to be vaccinated over something that they have 99% chance of beating. People that are at risk and older should decide whether the vaccine is best for them.

Haven't seen you around before. Funny of you to show up at this exact moment to make this point. I look forward to watching you fail to defend your stupid point.

What's stupid about it? People should have a choice to decide what's best for them and their family. Am I wrong about the survival rate for someone who's 31?
MAC
AdonalFoyle4Prez
Analyst

Post#7 » by AdonalFoyle4Prez » Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:29 am

A12MEN wrote:
Warriors Analyst wrote:

What's stupid about it? People should have a choice to decide what's best for them and their family. Am I wrong about the survival rate for someone who's 31?

I get what you're saying, but I think you're missing the actual point.

Sure, you're 31 and gladly don't have any pre-existing health conditions/ailments. But, say, you contracted the virus (asymptomatically) a couple days before, and you go about your day, without a mask, get into an elevator with, say, 3 other people you don't know (For the sake of this, say they weren't vaccinated for whatever reason and aren't wearing masks themselves.). And who are far more susceptible in contracting the virus because one of them could be an elderly person, one could be a long-time tobacco/cigarette user, and one has stage-4 colon cancer rotating between rounds of chemo-therapy and radiation therapy treatment. Those 3 will be breathing in the viral, airborne particles you expel out via breathing, coughing, sneezing, etc. Days later, maybe 2 of the 3 come down with mild symptoms to start off and gradually their conditions become worse and have to seek medical attention.... and you should know the rest from there from stories you hear or have read.

In short: Yes, we can't tell or force you to get vaccinated. However, we'd highly encourage/advise to do so, as it's being mindful and respectful for not just your safety, but others around you who can fall victim to it. Just hoping that you're not one of them Karens and Jeffreys in this country who throws a hissy fit when a store and/or restaurant enforces everyone to wear a mask upon entering their business. It's their domain and everyone should abide by that mandate/request. If you don't follow their rules, just leave.
and1GS
RealGM
And1: 2,726
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#8 » by and1GS » Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:35 am

I don't believe the vaccine stops spread. It just prevents COVID from hurting you.

It basically means you can hang with other vax people or small groups freely. But in your example, even if you were vaccinated you could spread it to the at risk folks.

EDIT: Just checked and that is accurate. But it's worth noting that we don't know what we don't know. E.g. it COULD stop asymptomatic carriers, but we simply don't have the data.
"The dynasty doesn't start with you, it starts after you" :lol: :lol:

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
A12MEN
Junior

Post#9 » by A12MEN » Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:37 am

I have no issues with business's enforcing mask rules or any issues with people wanting to be vaccinated. I have an issue with people being forced to vaccinate or attacked because they decide not too. I understand what you're trying to say but at the end of the day people should have the ability to make the decisions that best protect themselves and their beliefs.
MAC
AdonalFoyle4Prez
Analyst

Post#10 » by AdonalFoyle4Prez » Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:41 am

and1GS wrote:I don't believe the vaccine stops spread. It just prevents COVID from hurting you.

It basically means you can hang with other vax people or small groups freely. But in your example, even if you were vaccinated you could spread it to the at risk folks.

yeah, so far, the available vaccines prevent you from contracting the virus and/or developing symptoms. And prevents even hospitalization. Astrazeneca vaccine says it's 100% effective for reducing hospitalization.. Though there were reports of 3 people in Europe who developed blood clot and died. And I think they stopped the administration temporarily because of that? Otherwise, it's deemed safe and effective. Take it for what it's worth; Astrazeneca is coming to American vaccine distribution and vaccination soon.
and1GS
RealGM
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#11 » by and1GS » Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:43 am

I'ma be real, I don't know all the science here. I'm getting the Moderna so I only know the #facts for that vaccination.

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
AdonalFoyle4Prez
Analyst

Post#12 » by AdonalFoyle4Prez » Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:51 am

and1GS wrote:I'ma be real, I don't know all the science here. I'm getting the Moderna so I only know the #facts for that vaccination.

Same here, man. I just read and try to keep up with what's happening. Just thought I'd share some insight from what's reported and how I view them.

But, for me personally: If it's about the betterment for our city, state, and country as a whole to reach back to some kind of normalcy where everyone can enjoy life again (Backed by available, factual, and scientific research, data, and statistics that these vaccines are deemed safe and effective), I'm taking that vaccine. No one's going to change my mind.
Old_Blue
Starter
And1: 790

Post#13 » by Old_Blue » Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:56 am

I remember one time when I was a kid, maybe 8 or 9 years old, I decided to put up a fuss over an inoculation. The nurse didn't mess around. She left the exam room for a few seconds and was followed back in by two enormous interns. In less than five seconds, they lifted me clear off my feet and thumped me down on the exam table, face down. Hogtied, the nurse pantsed me and jabbed me in the butt. The humiliation wouldn't have been complete without my Mom's stare down and subsequent silence during the drive home. Needless to say, that was the last time I ever bitched about a shot. Grow the F up, Baze!
GSWFan1994 wrote:I saw signs of David Robinson, Anthony Davis, Chris Bosh & Kevin Garnett while watching Wiseman.
and1GS
RealGM

Post#14 » by and1GS » Thu Mar 25, 2021 6:04 am

AdonalFoyle4Prez wrote:
and1GS wrote:I'ma be real, I don't know all the science here. I'm getting the Moderna so I only know the #facts for that vaccination.

Same here, man. I just read and try to keep up with what's happening. Just thought I'd share some insight from what's reported and how I view them.

But, for me personally: If it's about the betterment for our city, state, and country as a whole to reach back to some kind of normalcy where everyone can enjoy life again (Backed by available, factual, and scientific research, data, and statistics that these vaccines are deemed safe and effective), I'm taking that vaccine. No one's going to change my mind.
Yeh I appreciate it, just being real about my ignorance here.

and1GS
RealGM

Post#15 » by and1GS » Thu Mar 25, 2021 6:05 am

Old_Blue wrote:I remember one time when I was a kid, maybe 8 or 9 years old, I decided to put up a fuss over an inoculation. The nurse didn't mess around. She left the exam room for a few seconds and was followed back in by two enormous interns. In less than five seconds, they lifted me clear off my feet and thumped me down on the exam table, face down. Hogtied, the nurse pantsed me and jabbed me in the butt. The humiliation wouldn't have been complete without my Mom's stare down and subsequent silence during the drive home. Needless to say, that was the last time I ever bitched about a shot. Grow the F up, Baze!

Was this a colonoscopy or a shot?

xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,239

Post#16 » by xdrta+ » Thu Mar 25, 2021 6:26 am

No one can force an employee to get the vaccine, but an employer can require it in order to continue working for them. The only legal exceptions would be a medical condition that prohibits it, or a legitimate religious objection. A better solution would be to educate employees and hope they realize that as tens of millions of shots have been given, the vaccines are safe and effective.
lars_rosenberg
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,741

Post#17 » by lars_rosenberg » Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:34 am

That's wrong. People needs to be vaccinated to protect others as the vaccine doesn't work for everyone.
RichmondWarrior
Pro Prospect
And1: 91

Post#18 » by RichmondWarrior » Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:04 pm

**** the vaccine....y’all been around long enough to know not to trust the government
Big J
General Manager
And1: 7,419

Post#19 » by Big J » Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:12 pm

Dubs should cut his ass. He’s not worth the trouble.
Chupchup
Junior
And1: 96

Post#20 » by Chupchup » Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:29 pm

I'll get the shot myself but I do understand if someone doesn't want to.

Return to Golden State Warriors