ImageImageImage

Welcome Paul Reed

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

rzzzzz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,692

Re: Welcome Paul Reed 

Post#161 » by rzzzzz » Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:44 pm

Reed and Maxey looked pretty good in the early Covid depleted parts of the season. Which means they both got talent, but a whole lot to learn about playing new positions at the highest level of competition. How much learning can they do in practice and on the bench? Is their situation untenable on a team with immediate championship aspirations? Would it be a win-win-win situation for both to be traded to rebuilding squads for more experienced if not greater ceiling rotational help? Or do we end up holding onto both with an expectation that they got a good shot at developing in the long run? As the good Captain said “Once you find out the circumstances, than you can go on, oh yeah!”
PhillyPhilly
Bench Warmer
And1: 522

Post#162 » by PhillyPhilly » Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:20 pm

LloydFree wrote:
Embiid P wrote:
PhillyPhilly wrote:He's most certainly a forward in the Siakam variety. The question is will Doc stop being so stubburn and give him Mike Scotts minutes?? I sure hope so as he can't be any worse tbh and at least he'd be able to develop his game.

My sentiments exactly. He can't be any worse than Scott is at this point.

Yes he can. He's a 21 year old G-leaguer, who's barely had a practice with the team. Maxey has been with the team all year, and he's getting cooked by everybody on defense.

What are you guys talking about. SMH.

Er siakam was a "g league guy" too who had nowhere near the same success Reed had but Toronto brought him back after that stint and continued to give him bench minutes and a few starts in order to aid his development. Do you want him to get to get no minutes at all?? We're not talking about Maxey (who has started games and put up some decent numbers AS A TWENTY YEAR OLS ROOKIE) we're talking about REED so quit trying to compare apples to plumbs please smh.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,808

Post#163 » by Stanford » Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:23 pm

PhillyPhilly wrote:
LloydFree wrote:
Embiid P wrote:
My sentiments exactly. He can't be any worse than Scott is at this point.

Yes he can. He's a 21 year old G-leaguer, who's barely had a practice with the team. Maxey has been with the team all year, and he's getting cooked by everybody on defense.

Er siakam was a "g league guy" too who had nowhere near the same success Reed had but Toronto brought him back after that stint and continued to give him bench minutes and a few starts in order to aid his development. Do you want him to get to get no minutes at all?? We're not talking about Maxey (who has started games and put up some decent numbers AS A TWENTY YEAR OLS ROOKIE) we're talking about REED so quit trying to compare apples to plumbs please smh.

Siakim played 20 total playoff minutes as a 22 year old
LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 11,567
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Post#164 » by LloydFree » Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:33 pm

Stanford wrote:
PhillyPhilly wrote:
LloydFree wrote:Yes he can. He's a 21 year old G-leaguer, who's barely had a practice with the team. Maxey has been with the team all year, and he's getting cooked by everybody on defense.

.. And Toronto got beat in those playoffs... and Siakam likely got dragged up and down the court the entire 20 minutes he played as a rookie...
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
PhillyPhilly
Bench Warmer
And1: 522

Post#165 » by PhillyPhilly » Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:04 pm

LloydFree wrote:
Stanford wrote:
PhillyPhilly wrote:

.. And Toronto got beat in those playoffs... and Siakam likely got dragged up and down the court the entire 20 minutes he played as a rookie...

Likely, might have, shoulda, coulda!!!.. keep speculating buddy :lol: :lol:
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,742

Post#166 » by Negrodamus » Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:19 pm

agiaco
Analyst
And1: 1,126

Post#167 » by agiaco » Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:21 am

Stanford wrote:
agiaco wrote:
Stanford wrote:
Because he makes questionable decisions and fouls a lot. He would be toast in a playoff series. And I love the guy. My favorite wing prospect in the league.

You mean 4?

Wings play the 4 all the time in the modern NBA

I'm just kidding :)
HotelVitale
RealGM
And1: 9,766

Post#168 » by HotelVitale » Thu Mar 25, 2021 6:52 pm

PhillyPhilly wrote:
LloydFree wrote:
Embiid P wrote: My sentiments exactly. He can't be any worse than Scott is at this point.
Yes he can. He's a 21 year old G-leaguer, who's barely had a practice with the team. Maxey has been with the team all year, and he's getting cooked by everybody on defense. What are you guys talking about. SMH.
C'mon, bud, can't talk about apples and oranges and then cherrypick the one and only player ever who played in the G League and then became a star (sort of). Also Siakam literally played 5 D-League games. Also Siakam played exactly 10 minutes in the Raptors final PO series against the Cavs that year, and was a total DNP in the final 2 games.

It's also not really worth arguing about things we don't the relevant information about. Reed has been practicing with the team and the coaching staff has had plenty of chances to see how he's been doing. Is it possible they're being way too conservative/cautious with him? I guess so, but either way we don't have any idea or any way to check on it. We're just wildly speculating and assuming incompetence in people who are at worst still a lot more competent than we are.
LloydFree
RealGM

Post#169 » by LloydFree » Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:14 pm

BBall Paul gonna get some run tonight. No Bradley or Porier. The Lakers are naked right now, so the 76ers should be able to experiment
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
zaz102
Sixth Man
And1: 806

Post#170 » by zaz102 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:16 pm

Excellent. Let's go BALL Paul!
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#171 » by Stanford » Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:18 pm

Let the wing-at-center experiment begin!
HotelVitale
RealGM
And1: 9,766

Post#172 » by HotelVitale » Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:27 pm

Him getting minutes will be an exciting, Process-like byproduct of trade season. Hoping for at least one monster game from him before Embiid comes back, and 5-10 new people showing up on these boards with names like 'Better Call BBall Paul,' 'The Need For Reed,' etc.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,703

Post#173 » by the_process » Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:26 pm

HotelVitale wrote:Him getting minutes will be an exciting, Process-like byproduct of trade season. Hoping for at least one monster game from him before Embiid comes back, and 5-10 new people showing up on these boards with names like 'Better Call BBall Paul,' 'The Need For Reed,' etc.

:lol: Way to give them ideas.
HardenToSixers
Rookie
And1: 645

Post#174 » by HardenToSixers » Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:33 pm

Stop comparing apples to plumbs guys
zaz102
Sixth Man
And1: 806

Post#175 » by zaz102 » Sat Mar 27, 2021 1:54 am

Read on Twitter
?s=20
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#176 » by Stanford » Sat Mar 27, 2021 2:14 am

Hell yeah #WingDepth
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Post#177 » by bondom34 » Sat Mar 27, 2021 2:17 am

Read on Twitter
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
LloydFree
RealGM

Post#178 » by LloydFree » Sat Mar 27, 2021 2:24 am

mithrandir17
Veteran
And1: 1,609

Post#179 » by mithrandir17 » Sat Mar 27, 2021 2:56 am

He wont need to sell ps5 units anymore
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM
And1: 4,458

Post#180 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Sat Mar 27, 2021 3:49 am

Well, I personally think we may have something with this young man. Clearly he's a project, but there is a lot to like already with him.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers