Trades, Transactions and Ideas Thread

Moderators: Dadouv47, retrobro90

jake_swivel
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,079

SRe: Trades, Transactions and Ideas Thread (Trade deadline activity here) 

Post#1281 » by jake_swivel » Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:22 pm

So like, a 22 pick swap? Are the rockets going to try to compete next year? What in the woooooorld?
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
And1: 6,018

Re: SRe: Trades, Transactions and Ideas Thread (Trade deadline activity here) 

Post#1282 » by Dadouv47 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:26 pm

jake_swivel wrote:So like, a 22 pick swap? Are the rockets going to try to compete next year? What in the woooooorld?

They tried to trade for Aaron Gordon
22 pick swap

...wish we had pieces to trade for their pick if it ends 1-4 :(
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder

Re: Trades, Transactions and Ideas Thread (Trade deadline activity here) 

Post#1283 » by Dadouv47 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:28 pm

Not trading Kenrich Williams only makes sense if we trade him in a package with Horford this offseason.

That being said, we have so many picks that the risk/reward is worth it.
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder

Post#1284 » by Dadouv47 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:30 pm

Curious to see the RFA market this offseason....Wonder if Presti will try to sign one of Markannen, Lonzo or Collins (even if he probably stays in Atlanta)
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,168

Post#1285 » by ThunderBolt » Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:31 pm

Dadouv47 wrote:Curious to see the RFA market this offseason....Wonder if Presti will try to sign one of Markannen, Lonzo or Collins (even if he probably stays in Atlanta)

I think Presti will be aggressive on draft night. That’s our night to own.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
thedoppelganger
Senior
And1: 499

Post#1286 » by thedoppelganger » Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:33 pm

Read on Twitter

Not bad for Dallas, they'd been missing Seth Curry this year so Redick should help
jake_swivel
Bench Warmer

Post#1287 » by jake_swivel » Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:36 pm

Dadouv47 wrote:Curious to see the RFA market this offseason....Wonder if Presti will try to sign one of Markannen, Lonzo or Collins (even if he probably stays in Atlanta)

Just tell them to all get in a line and offer them into oblivion and hope one of their teams is fiscally responsible enough to make a good decision. I don’t think our cap space is as much of an asset as it has been historically. Just burn it with all the rookie contracts okc will have over the next 5 years.
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder

Post#1288 » by Dadouv47 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:36 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:

He should be but we have limited assets if we lose the Houston pick swap (quality assets I mean). I don't think he's willing to trade Dort and he's not that valuable as well.

Oh well...wait & see :)
jake_swivel
Bench Warmer

Post#1289 » by jake_swivel » Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:38 pm

Dadouv47 wrote:
ThunderBolt wrote:

He should be but we have limited assets if we lose the Houston pick swap (quality assets I mean). I don't think he's willing to trade Dort and he's not that valuable as well.

What? We have 34 draft picks and all the overachievers, plus a huge two year contract in Horford to expand the deal. Assets aren’t a problem.
cjmcallist
Sixth Man
And1: 734

Post#1290 » by cjmcallist » Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:41 pm

jake_swivel wrote:
Dadouv47 wrote:
ThunderBolt wrote:I think Presti will be aggressive on draft night. That’s our night to own.

What? We have 34 draft picks and all the overachievers, plus a huge two year contract in Horford to expand the deal. Assets aren’t a problem.

I'm also a little bummed, but more jelly that Orlando did a great job. Don't know that there was actually that much for us to do this time.

Also, I think Dort is quite valuable. Like, two FRP+ valuable.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1291 » by ThunderBolt » Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:41 pm

They’ll be good players outside the top five. I dont know who they are but it’s not my job to suffer through college basketball and find out.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1292 » by ThunderBolt » Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:44 pm

cjmcallist wrote:
jake_swivel wrote:
Dadouv47 wrote:

I'm also a little bummed, but more jelly that Orlando did a great job. Don't know that there was actually that much for us to do this time.

Also, I think Dort is quite valuable. Like, two FRP+ valuable.

We kicked Orlando’s butt. It’s just that we did it in free agency. I think you can argue Muscala should have been moved but that’s pretty minimal. I imagine most teams have a guy they wonder why he wasn’t moved to acquire a slightly better player or asset. I never believed Horford would be moved.
jake_swivel
Bench Warmer

Post#1293 » by jake_swivel » Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:45 pm

I don’t think dort is even worth one first round pick inside the lottery, but different strokes.
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder

Post#1294 » by Dadouv47 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:50 pm

jake_swivel wrote:
Dadouv47 wrote:
ThunderBolt wrote:I think Presti will be aggressive on draft night. That’s our night to own.

You need high draft picks or win now pieces to move up into the draft or trade for very good young prospects.

I guess the most valuable assets we have are our own FRPs so that could be a gamble we may need to take (but we can't trade our 2023 FRP...)

Well we never know, if a team like Washington is top 4 in the draft and are planning to keep Beal and WB, they may accept a package of picks to trade for win now pieces.
thedoppelganger
Senior
And1: 499

Post#1295 » by thedoppelganger » Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:52 pm

Feel like a Muscala buyout has to be coming soon, let him pick his team as a thank you for his time. If he's just going to rid the bench the rest of the year I'd imagine he'd rather do it on a playoff team than here.
cjmcallist
Sixth Man
And1: 734

Post#1296 » by cjmcallist » Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:54 pm

jake_swivel wrote:I don’t think dort is even worth one first round pick inside the lottery, but different strokes.

Naturally the pick would matter. No one is trading a top 10 pick for Dort for sure. I agree, a lottery pick is extremely unlikely too.

But, would start to argue that end of lottery, mid first round is definitely is his baseline value. Though, that's probably another thread.
jake_swivel
Bench Warmer

Post#1297 » by jake_swivel » Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:55 pm

Dadouv47 wrote:
jake_swivel wrote:
Dadouv47 wrote:

You need high draft picks or win now pieces to move up into the draft or trade for very good young prospects.

I guess the most valuable assets we have are our own FRPs so that could be a gamble we may need to take (but we can't trade our 2023 FRP...)

Well we never know, if a team like Washington is top 4 in the draft and are planning to keep Beal and WB, they may accept a package of picks to trade for win now pieces.

You never know what opportunities present themselves. Like you said, our picks have value and with Shai already on board, who’s to say we don’t go get a young vet with our pick, plus dort/whoever, and more picks. siakam or something like that. Then spend on a free agent. That’s pretty much immediately competing for the back end of the playoffs.
jake_swivel
Bench Warmer

Post#1298 » by jake_swivel » Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:00 pm

Still think one of those Houston picks pans out big. This deadline, plus the original oladipo trade, didn’t instill any confidence in their management’s decision making ability for me. They could be bad a long time.
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder

Post#1299 » by Dadouv47 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:13 pm

Read on Twitter

not good for us
jake_swivel
Bench Warmer

Post#1300 » by jake_swivel » Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:32 pm

Dadouv47 wrote:
Read on Twitter

not good for us

:)

Do your heart a favor and just start rooting for us to win. I’m worried about you.

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder