Thoughts in General, Rumors, etc 3.0

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,687

Thoughts in General, Rumors, etc 3.0 

Post#1 » by Texas Chuck » Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:12 am

Starting afresh post-deadline. Have at it.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Texas Chuck

Re: Thoughts in General, Rumors, etc 3.0 

Post#2 » by Texas Chuck » Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:18 am

So I'll have a bunch of crow to eat per usual in that thread--probably save it for tomorrow to make sure I get it all, or at least most of it.

But it's nice to feel like I'm in tune with the little Mavericks. At the deadline I expected Johnson/2nds for something minor and had specifically named Redick. Going into the off-season I wanted a Delon dump and a Curry/Richardson swap and got both of them.

They aren't make the moves I really want, but when I force myself to think like I think they are, I'm pretty much right in line.

Now Dallas has the easiest schedule remaining in terms of record(lots of b2b's) and don't have a single road game against a team currently over .500. So time to make some hay after COVID really got them behind the 8 ball with 4 key rotation guys and Dwight Powell out, but still enough players so they had to play through unlike some other teams. 1.5 games out of 6th right now and with the Lakers missing both stars they don't necessarily have to catch Denver or Portland both of whom shored up.

Would like to see Dallas get to 6 and have a Clippers re-match in round 1. Not because I think they would win, but just what fun that would be.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,583

Post#3 » by NYG » Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:30 am

Texas Chuck wrote:So I'll have a bunch of crow to eat per usual in that thread--probably save it for tomorrow to make sure I get it all, or at least most of it.

But it's nice to feel like I'm in tune with the little Mavericks. At the deadline I expected Johnson/2nds for something minor and had specifically named Redick. Going into the off-season I wanted a Delon dump and a Curry/Richardson swap and got both of them.

They aren't make the moves I really want, but when I force myself to think like I think they are, I'm pretty much right in line.

Now Dallas has the easiest schedule remaining in terms of record(lots of b2b's) and don't have a single road game against a team currently over .500. So time to make some hay after COVID really got them behind the 8 ball with 4 key rotation guys and Dwight Powell out, but still enough players so they had to play through unlike some other teams. 1.5 games out of 6th right now and with the Lakers missing both stars they don't necessarily have to catch Denver or Portland both of whom shored up.

Would like to see Dallas get to 6 and have a Clippers re-match in round 1. Not because I think they would win, but just what fun that would be.

Who are your playoff teams on each side post-deadline?
Texas Chuck

Post#4 » by Texas Chuck » Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:37 am

NYG wrote:

West feels like it has 5 teams a lock to be in and avoid the play-in: Utah, Phoenix, Clippers, Denver, Portland. I think the Lakers or the Mavericks should be clear favorites to get the last safe spot.

So the play-in feels like Lakers or Mavs plus Spurs, Warriors, and Grizzlies. Do not see the Kings, Thunder or Pels making up the gap.

East has 3 locks to avoid the play-in with Nets, Bucks, Sixers

8 teams fighting for the 7 remaining spots(counting play-in) -- everyone but Detroit, Orlando, Washington, and Cleveland. I have Toronto or Indiana the last team out. No chance I could tell you which 3 make the top 6 at this point but I feel the best about Miami I guess.
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board
And1: 5,457

Post#5 » by jayjaysee » Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:42 am

I think Dwight just embarrassed Trez.

I think a few teams made moves that appeared to call for follow up trades (Denver, Chicago, Boston) and not doing one feels like lost time and/or value.

Was surprised Lonzo was not moved.

And Norm Powell is still a strange target for Portland IMO.

Hoping Charlotte ends up with Dre or LMA. Neither are actually very impactful players at this point, but would like to see Charlotte keep their playoff spot
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Post#6 » by bondom34 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:42 am

So apparently the sticking point for LA in the Lowry deal was THT per the Athletic. And I don't blame Philly for it after reading:

But the Sixers were unwilling to meet Toronto’s sky-high demands, which were reported to be Matisse Thybulle, Tyrese Maxey and two first-round picks, along with the salary cap filler (Danny Green and Mike Scott) required to make the deal work under the NBA’s collective bargaining agreement.

https://theathletic.com/2477680/2021/03/25/exploring-george-hills-fit-kyle-lowrys-absence-and-the-sixers-needs-after-the-nba-trade-deadline/
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,583

Post#7 » by NYG » Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:45 am

Texas Chuck wrote:
NYG wrote:

West feels like it has 5 teams a lock to be in and avoid the play-in: Utah, Phoenix, Clippers, Denver, Portland. I think the Lakers or the Mavericks should be clear favorites to get the last safe spot.

So the play-in feels like Lakers or Mavs plus Spurs, Warriors, and Grizzlies. Do not see the Kings, Thunder or Pels making up the gap.

East has 3 locks to avoid the play-in with Nets, Bucks, Sixers

8 teams fighting for the 7 remaining spots(counting play-in) -- everyone but Detroit, Orlando, Washington, and Cleveland. I have Toronto or Indiana the last team out. No chance I could tell you which 3 make the top 6 at this point but I feel the best about Miami I guess.

Being realistic and honest, seeing the Knicks second half schedule, I could see them falling just short. Maybe via play-in, but even then I see some really good teams and even the Bulls improved at the deadline. All-in-all, I don't think the playoffs are required for me to feel good about the progress of this Knicks team given they're at such a lower level of talent overall than a lot of the teams they compete with.
Texas Chuck

Post#8 » by Texas Chuck » Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:49 am

bondom34 wrote:So apparently the sticking point for LA in the Lowry deal was THT per the Athletic. And I don't blame Philly for it after reading:

But the Sixers were unwilling to meet Toronto’s sky-high demands, which were reported to be Matisse Thybulle, Tyrese Maxey and two first-round picks, along with the salary cap filler (Danny Green and Mike Scott) required to make the deal work under the NBA’s collective bargaining agreement.

https://theathletic.com/2477680/2021/03/25/exploring-george-hills-fit-kyle-lowrys-absence-and-the-sixers-needs-after-the-nba-trade-deadline/

I'm just not buying that the Raptors asked for all of that from Philly but were willing to take a pile of meh and THT from the Lakers. So I'm guessing Lowry wanted the Lakers 1st, the Heat 2nd, and didn't really want Philly. Only thing that makes sense is Masai wasn't going to deal Lowry except where he really wanted to be unless Philly just overwhelmed them and then he tells Kyle, sorry but I can't pass up two good young players and 2 1sts.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#9 » by bondom34 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:54 am

Texas Chuck wrote:
bondom34 wrote:So apparently the sticking point for LA in the Lowry deal was THT per the Athletic. And I don't blame Philly for it after reading:

I'm just not buying that the Raptors asked for all of that from Philly but were willing to take a pile of meh and THT from the Lakers. So I'm guessing Lowry wanted the Lakers 1st, the Heat 2nd, and didn't really want Philly. Only thing that makes sense is Masai wasn't going to deal Lowry except where he really wanted to be unless Philly just overwhelmed them and then he tells Kyle, sorry but I can't pass up two good young players and 2 1sts.

Yeah not really sure how to interpret it but the Lakers beat guy has:

Multiple sources told The Athletic that the Lakers and Raptors discussed a trade that would have sent both members of Los Angeles’ starting backcourt, Dennis Schröder and Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, and likely some draft compensation to Toronto for Lowry. Throughout Thursday morning, sources said, the sticking point was the inclusion of Talen Horton-Tucker.

The same sources said that, Rob Pelinka, the Lakers’ vice president of basketball operations, insisted that price was too high for the 35-year-old Lowry, and that he was not willing to trade Horton-Tucker, the 20-year-old combo guard who has emerged as a valuable rotation player for the Lakers in his second season.

By rough guess, I'd say Green>Schroder>KCP>Scott in terms of value, and the Sixers young guys better, plus they have more picks.

But both also make sense w/ how they cleared roster spots.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
Dn4sty
Analyst
And1: 1,906

Post#10 » by Dn4sty » Fri Mar 26, 2021 4:14 am

A deadline where the Raptors didn’t move Lowry, the Kings made improvements, and the Pelicans held onto Lonzo make the Thunder tank (if you can call it that) easier.
aguiar95
Rookie
And1: 552

Post#11 » by aguiar95 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:05 am

Post-deadline, these are my tiers:

EAST:

- Title contenders: BRO, PHI, MIL, MIA
- Playoff locks: BOS, ATL
- Battling for Playoffs: TOR, CHI, IND, CHA, NYK, WAS
- Tanking: CLE, DET, ORL.

WEST:
- Title contenders: LAL, UTA, DEN, LAC
- Playoff locks: PHO, POR, DAL
- Battling for Playoffs: NOP, MEM, GSW, SAC, SAS
- Tanking: MIN, OKC, HOU.
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 21,052

Post#12 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:59 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,083

Post#13 » by jbk1234 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:47 pm

MoneyTalks41890 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21
Yeah, but most of them were back half of the roster moves. If we call Theis a starter, only five starters were traded with three of them coming from Orlando. If the Magic had punted, this would've been the least impactful deadline in recent memory.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using RealGM mobile app
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
kriss73
Analyst
And1: 1,811

Post#14 » by kriss73 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:48 pm

Read on Twitter
Adam Silver wrote:"Gross incompetence is acceptable; strategic gaming of a flawed system is not."
orlando_joe
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,659

Post#15 » by orlando_joe » Fri Mar 26, 2021 4:05 pm

magic also got the only 3 first rd picks traded
Karmaloop
General Manager
And1: 1,478

Post#16 » by Karmaloop » Fri Mar 26, 2021 4:44 pm

bondom34 wrote:By rough guess, I'd say Green>Schroder>KCP>Scott in terms of value, and the Sixers young guys better, plus they have more picks.

Flip Schroder and Green, and I'd probably be inclined to agree.
Buzzard
RealGM
And1: 7,522

Post#17 » by Buzzard » Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:59 pm

This is one of the bigs the Hawks chatter said they might be interested in. Perhaps Toronto, Dallas, or one of the Drummond strikeout teams as well?

Read on Twitter
BAF Pacers: Unleash Trae!

PG Ice Trae
SG Buddy Hield/Luke Kennard/Brandin Podziemski
SF OG Anunoby/Terrence Ross/Kris Murray
PF Richaun Holmes/JaMychal Green/Chris Livingston
C KAT/Mark Williams
HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,525

Post#18 » by HartfordWhalers » Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:15 pm

Karmaloop wrote:
bondom34 wrote:By rough guess, I'd say Green>Schroder>KCP>Scott in terms of value, and the Sixers young guys better, plus they have more picks.

Flip Schroder and Green, and I'd probably be inclined to agree.

I have Green better than Schroeder as a player (and did when Lal and OKC traded. But given Schroeder’s age versus Green’s age, I also have Schroeder’s bird rights worth considerable more.

At the start of the season I had this Green, but right now I have it equal or Schroeder.
HartfordWhalers
And1: 20,525

Post#19 » by HartfordWhalers » Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:18 pm

aguiar95 wrote:Post-deadline, these are my tiers:

EAST:

- Title contenders: BRO, PHI, MIL, MIA
- Playoff locks: BOS, ATL
- Battling for Playoffs: TOR, CHI, IND, CHA, NYK, WAS
- Tanking: CLE, DET, ORL.

WEST:
- Title contenders: LAL, UTA, DEN, LAC
- Playoff locks: PHO, POR, DAL
- Battling for Playoffs: NOP, MEM, GSW, SAC, SAS
- Tanking: MIN, OKC, HOU.

I have your Miami a tier to high definitely, and Phoenix a tier to low. Maybe some quibbles Bos and Dallas down, just given the okay in game and performance mixed bags.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#20 » by bondom34 » Sat Mar 27, 2021 12:15 am

Read on Twitter
?s=19

Oh I'll just say it, teams should be going after him over Drummond or LMA.

Return to Trades and Transactions