ImageImageImage

New Starting Lineup and Rotation. Who do you want to play?

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Ill News
General Manager
And1: 16,306

Re: New Starting Lineup and Rotation. Who do you want to play? 

Post#61 » by Ill News » Fri Mar 26, 2021 4:28 am

I just want Time Lord to be the starter moving forward. Maybe his energy on both ends will inspire the rest of the starters, who often start games on a lethargic note as if they're goddamn title favorites or something.

My ideal starting lineup would be:

Time Lord
Tatum
Brown
Kemba
Smart

Bench:

Fournier
Grant
Pritchard
Thompson
Langford/Nesmith
Semi

The 5th guy in the starting lineup is what's giving me pause, so I just went with Smart. He would be great in the bench unit with Fournier though, so I'd probably swap him with another wing from time to time, maybe Semi.
Jacobkowal
Sophomore
And1: 158

Post#62 » by Jacobkowal » Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:59 am

Smart / Kemba
Fournier / Pritchard / Langford
Brown / Langford / Nesmith
Tatum / Ojeleye / Grant
RWIII / Thompson / Wagner

Convince Kemba to be our Manu and go with a 2 pg lineup off the bench. Right now I think Pritchard is at his best when he plays next to another point guard.
ZeroTolerance
Sixth Man
And1: 894

Post#63 » by ZeroTolerance » Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:34 am

center: Rob Williams
power forward : Wagner
small forward: Tatum
shooting guard: Fournier
point guard: Walker....

Rest of the rotation...Brown, Smart, Pritchard, Thompson,...since Brown and Tatum together hasn't worked, I replace Tatum with Brown and Smart whenever possible....and use Fournier whenever possible with Tatum and Walker... C.... PF... a three man weave of sorts with Thompson replacing Wagner or Rob Williams and possibly using Komet if someone gets in foul trouble or we are facing a real center like Embid ....and need the size...I only use the undersized Grant Williams or Semi against a smaller lineup....

I expect to use Brown as much as Tatum... but have one spell the other as much as possible...think Fournier and Kemba and Smart play equal minutes.... as does Rob Williams....IDK? Pritchard in certain situations but less minutes than the others.. ....try to keep a ten man rotation tops...and use Semi and Grant Williams sparingly... and Kormet only when someone else is in foul trouble or out...

I've basicly given Wagner Theis' job but in more of a reserve capacity (less minutes)...even though he should start and play the role of power forward...I think having brown be the sixth man rather than Fornier makes sense....at least for now...both the new bigs seem to be able to can the spot up three ball.. so they could both figure in certain situations....The young guns get minutes when the game gets out of hand....garbage time, or "taco time"...if he survives on the roster...till they earn their way...

All this is dependent on Brad trusting the new players....

One observation....i think kemba plays better with Tatum....Smart is better with Brown....so why not try using those players together as much as possible?
JediMasterRevan
Sixth Man
And1: 1,047

Post#64 » by JediMasterRevan » Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:25 pm

ZeroTolerance wrote:center: Rob Williams
power forward : Wagner
small forward: Tatum
shooting guard: Fournier
point guard: Walker....

Rest of the rotation...Brown, Smart, Pritchard, Thompson,...since Brown and Tatum together hasn't worked, I replace Tatum with Brown and Smart whenever possible....and use Fournier whenever possible with Tatum and Walker... C.... PF... a three man weave of sorts with Thompson replacing Wagner or Rob Williams and possibly using Komet if someone gets in foul trouble or we are facing a real center like Embid ....and need the size...I only use the undersized Grant Williams or Semi against a smaller lineup....

I expect to use Brown as much as Tatum... but have one spell the other as much as possible...think Fournier and Kemba and Smart play equal minutes.... as does Rob Williams....IDK? Pritchard in certain situations but less minutes than the others.. ....try to keep a ten man rotation tops...and use Semi and Grant Williams sparingly... and Kormet only when someone else is in foul trouble or out...

I've basicly given Wagner Theis' job but in more of a reserve capacity (less minutes)...even though he should start and play the role of power forward...I think having brown be the sixth man rather than Fornier makes sense....at least for now...both the new bigs seem to be able to can the spot up three ball.. so they could both figure in certain situations....The young guns get minutes when the game gets out of hand....garbage time, or "taco time"...if he survives on the roster...till they earn their way...

All this is dependent on Brad trusting the new players....

One observation....i think kemba plays better with Tatum....Smart is better with Brown....so why not try using those players together as much as possible?

What?????????
JediMasterRevan
Sixth Man

Post#65 » by JediMasterRevan » Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:26 pm

Smart/Kemba/Pritchard
Brown/Romeo/Edwards
Fournier/Nesmith/Semi
Tatum/Wagner/GrantW
Timelord/Thompson/??
snowman
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 2,519

Post#66 » by snowman » Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:27 pm

LOL at Kemba coming off the bench.....not gonna happen.

Starters:
Kemba, Smart, Brown, Tatum, Timelord
Smart to PG, Fournier replaces Kemba on 2nd night of back to backs

Rotational bench:
Pritchard, Fournier, Nesmith, G. Will, Wagner
This is until Thompson, Semi and Langford are back
greenroom31
General Manager
And1: 11,410

Post#67 » by greenroom31 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:28 pm

Still feel like this team’s ceiling is the 2nd round. This is the scenario where we make it out of the first round IMO:

Philly and Brooklyn almost definitely murder us but we may we have a chance against Milwaukee. The 4 spot in is up for grabs, but Atlanta and Miami are playing better and the Knicks actually play defense.

So that means we likely finish in the 6-8 spot and will have to try to game our way into a matchup with the Bucks depending on where they finish.

Then we need Fournier to fit in, RW3 to perform in a bigger role, and to find a couple reliable guys off the bench with either Fournier or Smart depending on who Brad starts.

All in all I’d put the odds of the Celtics making it through the first round at like 9 to 1. (1 in 3 chance of playing Milwaukee, 1 in 3 chance of beating them).
Shak_Celts
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 57,956

Post#68 » by Shak_Celts » Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:46 pm

If we are trying to keep fournier beyond this season, I just don't see him accepting a bench role. He could get the same money to start somewhere next season. This isn't the nba of old, the better players who make the money start.

I think the question DA will be asking is who are we keeping (if no trade/for a star), Smart or Fournier? Both will be getting paid and both can find a starting gig. I know Smart isn't due next season but that's usually when teams resign their players, so they don't hit the open market their last year.
NAME ON THE FRONT OF THE JERSEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(!)
moonie_mcgee
Starter
And1: 1,794

Post#69 » by moonie_mcgee » Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:05 pm

Shak_Celts wrote:If we are trying to keep fournier beyond this season, I just don't see him accepting a bench role. He could get the same money to start somewhere next season. This isn't the nba of old, the better players who make the money start.

I think the question DA will be asking is who are we keeping (if no trade/for a star), Smart or Fournier? Both will be getting paid and both can find a starting gig. I know Smart isn't due next season but that's usually when teams resign their players, so they don't hit the open market their last year.

Re Fournier, I was thinking that too. I imagine they went over expectations and possible mutual interest before the trade. I can see Fournier coming off the bench as the mid-season acquisition but closing out games.

As a side note, I think Wagner is going to get a lot of run with this team. I'd really like the pairing of Pritch at the point, RWill at the top, GWill and Wagner in the corners, and Fournier on the wing with him replacing Tatum or Brown and getting them off the 2nd unit.

Of course in the end it's on the players but I'll be ROTFLMAO if Stevens doesn't make this work and we continue to see the tale of 2 kittys (+Grizz and Bucks performances). Tonight we'll see how tonight's available players respond. Get ready!
That's the Way of the World
zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 89,060

Post#70 » by zoyathedestroya » Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:03 pm

Projected Rotation:

PG - Kemba (28), Pritchard (16), Smart (4)
SG - Fournier (28), Smart (16), Kemba (4)
SF - Brown (36), Smart (12)
PF - Tatum (38), Semi/Grant (10)
C - Thompson (22), Timelord (26)

Hope my math is correct. Brad may reduce minutes for Jays in favor of Fournier and Semi/Grant.

Keep it tight. Praying for health.
JediMasterRevan
Sixth Man

Post#71 » by JediMasterRevan » Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:33 pm

zoyathedestroya wrote:Projected Rotation:

Hope my math is correct. Brad may reduce minutes for Jays in favor of Fournier and Semi/Grant.

Team has to make some time for Aaron and Romeo on the court.

Their improvement this year will have a HUGE impact on the future of the team either as a player contributing to it, or as a player who has been traded for a superior asset.

And Semi/Grant Should not see the floor.
zoyathedestroya
RealGM

Post#72 » by zoyathedestroya » Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:43 pm

JediMasterRevan wrote:

Team has to make some time for Aaron and Romeo on the court.

Their improvement this year will have a HUGE impact on the future of the team either as a player contributing to it, or as a player who has been traded for a superior asset.

And Semi/Grant Should not see the floor.

Yep. I like some floor time for Nesmith/Langford too.

But that's what I'm predicting. Also predicting a lot more rage and calls for Stevens to be fired from fans.
Shak_Celts
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 57,956

Post#73 » by Shak_Celts » Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:32 pm

So, I'm the only one who wants grant to keep playing? How many people have you seen be that good against Giannis (1v1)? He's also still hitting his 3s. Seems better on D as a whole lately too! He doesn't rebound much, I don't think, but when he's played lately he seems to find his way to grabbing clutch ones!

Semi playing doesn't bother me other than him not rebounding balls he should easily get. I'd prefer seeing Nesmith to see what we have but I don't mind Semi.

PLEASE GOD JUST GIVE ME FOURNIER WORKING OUT FOR US (Championships too but I already asked on that)!!! :lol: :lol:
NAME ON THE FRONT OF THE JERSEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(!)
greenroom31
General Manager
And1: 11,410

Post#74 » by greenroom31 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:42 pm

Shak_Celts wrote:So, I'm the only one who wants grant to keep playing? How many people have you seen be that good against Giannis (1v1)? He's also still hitting his 3s. Seems better on D as a whole lately too! He doesn't rebound much, I don't think, but when he's played lately he seems to find his way to grabbing clutch ones!

Semi playing doesn't bother me other than him not rebounding balls he should easily get. I'd prefer seeing Nesmith to see what we have but I don't mind Semi.

PLEASE GOD JUST GIVE ME FOURNIER WORKING OUT FOR US (Championships too but I already asked on that)!!! :lol: :lol:

No issue with Grant here -- he's shot a good percentage this year and done ok in limited minutes. Seems his challenge generally has been that he's too slow to guard 3s and too short to guard 4s, but no reason he shouldn't see more opportunity with Theis gone and Semi hurt.
shi-woo
Bench Warmer
And1: 2,191

Post#75 » by shi-woo » Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:45 pm

This looks more like our playoff rotation, and in that context is pretty spot on.

For the rest of the regular season, I expect Evan to start some games, and play the bench on others. If we find success with him playing either spot, that's where he'll stay. I'm also excited to see the obvious Rob Williams increased role. I think our defense actually improves now, even though EF isn't that good of a defender. Mo Wagner reminds me of how we all felt about Theis years ago. I'm excited to see if Him and Time Lord can get this team playing with greater energy.

The lineup should be:

Rob- Thompson
Tatum- Mo
Brown- Nesmith/Romeo
Fournier- Smart
Kemba- PP

Do whatever you can to trade Kemba in the offseason.
zoyathedestroya
RealGM

Post#76 » by zoyathedestroya » Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:47 pm

Shak_Celts wrote:So, I'm the only one who wants grant to keep playing? How many people have you seen be that good against Giannis (1v1)? He's also still hitting his 3s. Seems better on D as a whole lately too! He doesn't rebound much, I don't think, but when he's played lately he seems to find his way to grabbing clutch ones!

I'm a Grant guy. He's had a brutal stretch early in the season but has since played well for us. I'm just now unsure if he can keep up laterally against quicker guys, making him foul-prone. But he's a smart team defender. I still think he's misused/underused. The guy has a post game we rarely see because the ball is always in the Jays, Smart, and Kemba's hands. Good post defender too except against really tall guys. Maybe our best Bam defender. And now displayed some defensive chops against Giannis after Semi went down.

He will eat some of Theis' minutes, I think. Just don't have Semi AND Grant on the floor at the same time.
BRUNiNHO91
RealGM
And1: 22,045

Post#77 » by BRUNiNHO91 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:06 pm

I wish we could get a guy like Otto Porter out of the buy out market.

Kemba/Smart
Jaylen/Fournier
Tatum/Romeo
OP Jr/ Grant
Rob/Thompson
A new dawn will rise in Boston. ‎#StayLoyal THANK YOU TRUTH!
moonie_mcgee
Starter
And1: 1,794

Post#78 » by moonie_mcgee » Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:29 pm

Not me. I want Grant playing more of Semi's minutes. He shoots the 3, passes, sets picks and screens, and though he's short for a PF he's arguably one of the strongest players in the league. Smart fella too.
That's the Way of the World
LewisnotMiller
Analyst
And1: 3,225

Post#79 » by LewisnotMiller » Sun Mar 28, 2021 12:02 am

KingofTheClay wrote:How is Fournier as a defender?

If he’s average I say we start him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's average.
Not a sieve.
Green89
RealGM
And1: 26,618

Post#80 » by Green89 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 12:16 am

Fournier's been a starter for 6 straight seasons. Brad puts him on the bench and there's zero chance he re-signs with us.

Return to Boston Celtics