ImageImageImage

Fantasy Trade Thread: 2020 Offseason

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

HardenToSixers
Rookie
And1: 646

Re: Fantasy Trade Thread: 2020 Offseason 

Post#1601 » by HardenToSixers » Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:35 pm

the_process wrote:If Portland plans on re-signing Powell, McCollum for Harris could be available this summer.

More like Lillard and three firsts
PhillyNj
Sixth Man
And1: 536

Post#1602 » by PhillyNj » Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:42 pm

HardenToSixers wrote:
the_process wrote:If Portland plans on re-signing Powell, McCollum for Harris could be available this summer.

Sixers are not trading Harris for Mc Coulmn. Stop that nonsense.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,717

Post#1603 » by the_process » Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:38 pm

PhillyNj wrote:
HardenToSixers wrote:

Could happen.
PhillyNj
Sixth Man

Post#1604 » by PhillyNj » Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:13 am

the_process wrote:
PhillyNj wrote:
HardenToSixers wrote:More like Lillard and three firsts

Could happen.

No shot. Harris is a much better player.
DCasey91
General Manager
And1: 5,312

Post#1605 » by DCasey91 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:29 am

PhillyNj wrote:
the_process wrote:
PhillyNj wrote:

Could happen.

Harris is a much better player than MCCollum? Nope
PhillyNj
Sixth Man

Post#1606 » by PhillyNj » Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:06 pm

DCasey91 wrote:
PhillyNj wrote:
the_process wrote:
Could happen.

Harris is a much better player than MCCollum? Nope

He absolutely is.
ProcessDoctor
RealGM
And1: 5,193

Post#1607 » by ProcessDoctor » Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:33 pm

If the opportunity’s there, we gotta go for Dame.

Simmons/Hill/Maxey/2021 & 2023 FRPs for Lillard/Covington

Dame/Curry/NYK 2nd
Green/Milton/Joe
Covington/Thybulle/FA
Harris/Reed/FA
Embiid/FA/FA

Edit: removed Korkmaz, I see him finding greener pastures and more opportunity this summer.
2023-2024 Philadelphia 76ers:

Lowry/Melton/Payne
Maxey/Hield/Downtin
Oubre/Batum/Council
Harris/Covington/Martin
Embiid/Reed/Bamba
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,119

Post#1608 » by eyeatoma » Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:46 pm

ProcessDoctor wrote:If the opportunity’s there, we gotta go for Dame.

Dame/Curry/NYK 2nd
Green/Milton/Joe
Covington/Thybulle/Korkmaz
Harris/Reed/FA
Embiid/FA/FA

At this point Lillard is getting old.
ProcessDoctor
RealGM

Post#1609 » by ProcessDoctor » Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:01 pm

eyeatoma wrote:
ProcessDoctor wrote:If the opportunity’s there, we gotta go for Dame.

Dame/Curry/NYK 2nd
Green/Milton/Joe
Covington/Thybulle/Korkmaz
Harris/Reed/FA
Embiid/FA/FA

At this point Lillard is getting old.

Look at what Steph Curry, a player with a more extensive injury history, is doing at age 33. Dame is 30 today. Granted, he's not the shooter Curry is, but I see his game aging gracefully.

I predict Dame will have 4 more top-tier All-Star caliber seasons. Maybe a 5th depending on his health.

Lowry/Melton/Payne
Maxey/Hield/Downtin
Oubre/Batum/Council
Harris/Covington/Martin
Embiid/Reed/Bamba
DCasey91
General Manager

Post#1610 » by DCasey91 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:05 pm

Love Dame always will but Dame is more exposed than Harden is for all his playoff failures

Smaller, easier to scheme around, doesn’t have the shooting/gravity that Curry does thus less effective (Curry has Goat level gravity, goat level shooting, more efficient his off ball value might be the greatest ever to they are way different players). He got Durant like 3 easy dunks in one quarter in the NBA finals. Looking at the tape when your a bigger threat then Durant at times that’s saying something. He send defenses scrambling basically at all times.

Doesn’t have Klay in his backcourt (CJ/Dame = zero perimeter defense they don’t cover each other’s weak points defensively).

But for us it is a gamble to take, just be aware Harden/Paul would be way more effective. He’s better than Lavine/Beal obv

And yeah Harris better than CJ?

Okay replace the two fit and healthy which would you rather have for Embiid? Case closed.
sixers4real
Veteran
And1: 1,893

Post#1611 » by sixers4real » Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:06 pm

I wish this Sixers team all of the best, but the reality is, we are probably losing in semis or ECF, and with Simmons still not being a thread in half court offense, I can see some Lillard Simmons rumors this summer.
Sixers fan since 2001. From Russia.
DCasey91
General Manager

Post#1612 » by DCasey91 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:13 pm

sixers4real wrote:I wish this Sixers team all of the best, but the reality is, we are probably losing in semis or ECF, and with Simmons still not being a thread in half court offense, I can see some Lillard Simmons rumors this summer.

Yep that’s what I have the team at and that’s speculative with Embiid coming back. His conditioning will tell me if it’s for real this time.
I’d do Lillard for Simmons plus picks without a thought. You want a legit chance that would be one way to do it
sixers4real
Veteran
And1: 1,893

Post#1613 » by sixers4real » Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:48 pm

For some reason I want Pacers to fail as much as possible for the rest of the year and Malcolm Brogdon to be available in the summer.
Maxey, 2021 FRP, 2022 swap, 2023 FRP, 2024 swap can get it done. A core of Embiid, Simmons, Brogdon, Harris, Milton, Curry, Thybulle, Joe, Reed would be great
Sixers fan since 2001. From Russia.
Foshan
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 1,938

Post#1614 » by Foshan » Sat Mar 27, 2021 1:49 am

I love Dame. but like was mentioned above, i don't think Dame is enough to get it done if we move Simmons to get him. I'm hoping Tobby plays big the rest of the way, we add Tobby/Maxy/1sts galore to try to add Dame to Simmons/Embiid. while unrealistic, i think thats the only move that makes a winnable big 3 for us. If we have to move Simmons to get him, we need to be looking for another strong piece too imo.
ProcessDoctor
RealGM

Post#1615 » by ProcessDoctor » Sat Mar 27, 2021 11:42 am

Foshan wrote:I love Dame. but like was mentioned above, i don't think Dame is enough to get it done if we move Simmons to get him. I'm hoping Tobby plays big the rest of the way, we add Tobby/Maxy/1sts galore to try to add Dame to Simmons/Embiid. while unrealistic, i think thats the only move that makes a winnable big 3 for us. If we have to move Simmons to get him, we need to be looking for another strong piece too imo.

I think the other “strong piece” you mention needs to be a good-great defensive forward, hence why I’d attempt to reel in Covington too.

The more the season progresses, the more difficult it is for me to decide who’s the better 3rd star between Simmons and Harris. I think both of them are 3rd stars on a championship team, so I’d be open to moving either of them for a near MVP caliber player like Dame.

Lowry/Melton/Payne
Maxey/Hield/Downtin
Oubre/Batum/Council
Harris/Covington/Martin
Embiid/Reed/Bamba
DCasey91
General Manager

Post#1616 » by DCasey91 » Sat Mar 27, 2021 12:01 pm

ProcessDoctor wrote:
Foshan wrote:I love Dame. but like was mentioned above, i don't think Dame is enough to get it done if we move Simmons to get him. I'm hoping Tobby plays big the rest of the way, we add Tobby/Maxy/1sts galore to try to add Dame to Simmons/Embiid. while unrealistic, i think thats the only move that makes a winnable big 3 for us. If we have to move Simmons to get him, we need to be looking for another strong piece too imo.

I think the other “strong piece” you mention needs to be a good-great defensive forward, hence why I’d attempt to reel in Covington too.

The more the season progresses, the more difficult it is for me to decide who’s the better 3rd star between Simmons and Harris. I think both of them are 3rd stars on a championship team, so I’d be open to moving either of them for a near MVP caliber player like Dame.

Interesting idea, If the Blazers reposition themselves in the off-season MCCollum might be available, if they don’t do much in the Playoffs then they could go full tank though Lillard is very loyal towards the Blazers which is highly commendable.

Fwiw I like Ben as the third best player by some margin over Harris. An elite backcourt anyway supersedes both Ben & Embiids weaknesses

Harden, Paul types make even average big men look decent it’s part and parcel of how elite they are.

But yes if Lillard requires Ben it’s automatic, if it’s for Harris for McCollum that’s automatic too. McCollum on the outside with Ben defending the perimeter and Embiid on the inside more I like.

But if some lucky scenario we get Lillard without giving up Ben then Morey is a god.

Dame + Embiid is incredible though I’d still take Harden/Paul because they are pnr maestros. It’s hindsight and there is risk with Paul and Embiid durability obv but together that’s a true contender and a threat to every team when healthy.

Milton/Maxey etc aren’t tier one assets anyway so I wouldn’t be too fussed if a young player goes too.
ProcessDoctor
RealGM

Post#1617 » by ProcessDoctor » Sat Mar 27, 2021 12:30 pm

DCasey91 wrote:
ProcessDoctor wrote:

Interesting idea, If the Blazers reposition themselves in the off-season MCCollum might be available, if they don’t do much in the Playoffs then they could go full tank though Lillard is very loyal towards the Blazers which is highly commendable.

Fwiw I like Ben as the third best player by some margin over Harris. An elite backcourt anyway supersedes both Ben & Embiids weaknesses

Harden, Paul types make even average big men look decent it’s part and parcel of how elite they are.

But yes if Lillard requires Ben it’s automatic, if it’s for Harris for McCollum that’s automatic too. McCollum on the outside with Ben defending the perimeter and Embiid on the inside more I like.

But if some lucky scenario we get Lillard without giving up Ben then Morey is a god.

Dame + Embiid is incredible though I’d still take Harden/Paul because they are pnr maestros. It’s hindsight and there is risk with Paul and Embiid durability obv but together that’s a true contender and a threat to every team when healthy.

Milton/Maxey etc aren’t tier one assets anyway so I wouldn’t be too fussed if a young player goes too.

Agree with you wholeheartedly on the Harden front. Simmons for Harden will always be a huge “what if” for me.

Do you think CJ is a 2nd star?

I think the goal should be to pair Embiid with another top-15 player. We had that with Jimmy, but that didn’t work out. Houston’s pettiness lead to us missing out on Harden. Outside of Dame, I don’t know what other top 15-20 player will become available anytime soon.

Lowry/Melton/Payne
Maxey/Hield/Downtin
Oubre/Batum/Council
Harris/Covington/Martin
Embiid/Reed/Bamba
DCasey91
General Manager

Post#1618 » by DCasey91 » Sat Mar 27, 2021 12:50 pm

ProcessDoctor wrote:
DCasey91 wrote:
ProcessDoctor wrote:

Agree with you wholeheartedly on the Harden front. Simmons for Harden will always be a huge “what if” for me.

Do you think CJ is a 2nd star?

I think the goal should be to pair Embiid with another top-15 player. We had that with Jimmy, but that didn’t work out. Houston’s pettiness lead to us missing out on Harden. Outside of Dame, I don’t know what other top 15-20 player will become available anytime soon.

I miss Jimmy wholeheartedly but it was a combination of things and with free movement opportunities for players I don’t think it was ever going to be long lived. Still if the rumors were true and we favored Harris over Butler with the contracts that’s completely wrong in my eyes they are in different tiers of players always has been always will.

Our margin for error is a lot bigger with Embiid’s prime, a core of Embiid/CJ/Simmons might be well there. CJ has had no trouble scoring in the playoffs and has outperformed Lillard for more than one game in a series.

And yeah Rockets owners shot themselves in the foot so can’t dwell on what never was.

Next year will be harder than this year

Clippers
Nets
Suns

Are all rising

Mavs/Nuggets are in the same ballpark as us or either further along

Obv Lakers/Bucks

The only other potential player is Jaylen Brown.
The Beal/Lavine discussion will pick up again in the offseason
Something is definitely up though with the Celtics one of the biggest disappointments this year imo.

Another pivot strategy is to swing for the fence and acquire Jalen Green if he isn’t picked up by pick three this year. Though I don’t have high hopes in our development department but he’s the one I can see in this years draft that has superstar top 3 Shooting Guard in the comp potential. I’m talking 25+ a game when he breaks out.

Older Shaq/Young Kobe is the idea

I’d be extremely tempted
If we offered Ben + Maxey + our 1st
for pick 2 or 3 (Essentially Green)

I rate him super highly he jumps out to me so much when I watched him in G league.
ProcessDoctor
RealGM

Post#1619 » by ProcessDoctor » Sat Mar 27, 2021 1:11 pm

If Washington accepts reality this summer:

GSW out: Wiggins, 2021 MIN SRP, 2022 GSW FRP
GSW in: Harris

PHI out: Harris, Hill, Maxey, 2021 FRP, 2023 FRP
PHI in: Beal, Bertans

WSH out: Beal, Bertans
WSH in: Wiggins, Hill, Maxey, 2021 PHI FRP, 2021 MIN SRP, 2022 GSW FRP, 2023 PHI FRP

Simmons(14)/Milton(24)/Curry(10)
Beal(34)/Curry(14)
Green(28)/Thybulle(20)
Bertans(28)/Simmons(20)
Embiid(32)/Howard(16)

Simmons/Milton/FA
Beal/Curry/Joe
Green/Thybulle/FA
Bertans/Reed/FA
Embiid/Howard/FA

Lowry/Melton/Payne
Maxey/Hield/Downtin
Oubre/Batum/Council
Harris/Covington/Martin
Embiid/Reed/Bamba
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,105

Post#1620 » by Kobblehead » Sat Mar 27, 2021 2:52 pm

Bradley Beal cannot score off the dribble consistently. That trade could end up being a travesty. I'm not paying a superstar price for a guy that can't score unassisted buckets.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers