ImageImageImageImageImage

Woj: Nets Sign LaMarcus Aldridge (Vet's Minimum/1 year)

Moderators: Rich Rane, NyCeEvO

Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Re: Woj: Nets Sign LaMarcus Aldridge (Vet's Minimum/1 year) 

Post#81 » by Paradise » Sun Mar 28, 2021 2:35 am

GTR11 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

Twitter is on fire right now :rofl:

The entire GB, Knick fans, Laker fans and Twitter feeds right now.

Paradise

Post#82 » by Paradise » Sun Mar 28, 2021 2:39 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:I love how everyone hates us now. We go from a laughing stock to
triggering the entire NBA Fandom in what, 4 years?

I love it. And I don't think the Aldridge signing is that big of a deal, but whatever makes these other fans who talked **** about the Nets, about KD, Kyrie, Harden etc suffer I am all for.

yeah i mean i dont get it either. id expect this kind of hate after we got harden. but people are upset we are getting washed corpses and washed up bums like blake/aldridge like its 2009 or something?

This is what I'm saying...they act like we signed these guys at their peak. Blake is a shell of his former self. Aldridge is 36. These casuals are upset over the names and not the actual reality of what these guys are capable of. It's hilarious, silly, and it shows you how uneducated a majority of the Fandom is.

A lot of these clowns need to take a deep dive on basketball reference into Aldridge and Griffin's metrics and calm the **** down.

Ummm....I just looked at his recent games against good teams all this year and I’d really suggest to watch them....good god.

I can’t even fathom how to even guard this team at full strength.
Paradise

Post#83 » by Paradise » Sun Mar 28, 2021 2:43 am

Prokorov wrote:
DarkXaero wrote:I think there's a solid possibility that we'll ultimately see DJ out of the rotation. LMA wouldn't sign here if he wasn't getting minutes. We've already seen Nash going with Claxton over DJ for closing lineups. Harden admonishing DJ has become a regular feature of our games lately. Woj actually said that DJ's minutes may be impacted by LMA arrival, and we know that Woj doesn't speculate.

"Aldridge is expected to play a majority of his minutes at the center position. His arrival could impact playing time for center DeAndre Jordan. Second-year forward Nic Claxton has been impressive on the frontline recently, too."

Aldridge is here to get a ring. if he wanted minutes there were a half dozen better options.

LMA is cooked. should have retired in 2019

Cooked where? He put up 28 points on the Lakers recently and he has shown much more than Griffin and we got him for free too.

Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#84 » by Prokorov » Sun Mar 28, 2021 2:43 am

Paradise wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
yeah i mean i dont get it either. id expect this kind of hate after we got harden. but people are upset we are getting washed corpses and washed up bums like blake/aldridge like its 2009 or something?

This is what I'm saying...they act like we signed these guys at their peak. Blake is a shell of his former self. Aldridge is 36. These casuals are upset over the names and not the actual reality of what these guys are capable of. It's hilarious, silly, and it shows you how uneducated a majority of the Fandom is.

A lot of these clowns need to take a deep dive on basketball reference into Aldridge and Griffin's metrics and calm the **** down.

Ummm...Dude. I just looked at his recent games against good teams all this year....watch it.

I can’t even fathom how to even guard this team at full strength.

The teams was unguardable with or without the corpse of LMA.

Ive seen the games and highlights. dude looks like the old fat 48 year old former firefighter who dont miss mid range jumpers but doesnt cross the top of the key on either end cause every joint in his body is gone.

if teams beat us, its going to be because athletic players kill us at the rim. switching everything and claxton being excellent in that regard is what has helped combat that. Blake at least takes charges and that helps.

he will be nice to have stand in the corner on finals possessions to space the floor. beyond that. nope.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#85 » by Prokorov » Sun Mar 28, 2021 2:45 am

Paradise wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
DarkXaero wrote:I think there's a solid possibility that we'll ultimately see DJ out of the rotation. LMA wouldn't sign here if he wasn't getting minutes. We've already seen Nash going with Claxton over DJ for closing lineups. Harden admonishing DJ has become a regular feature of our games lately. Woj actually said that DJ's minutes may be impacted by LMA arrival, and we know that Woj doesn't speculate.

"Aldridge is expected to play a majority of his minutes at the center position. His arrival could impact playing time for center DeAndre Jordan. Second-year forward Nic Claxton has been impressive on the frontline recently, too."

Aldridge is here to get a ring. if he wanted minutes there were a half dozen better options.

Cooked where? He put up 28 points on the Lakers recently and he has shown much more than Griffin and we got him for free too.

he can hit wide open jumpers. awesome. the 1 thing we need the least. guys who can hit shots. we have 400 of those.

he is awful in every other apsect of basketball. a good game once in a blue moon when teams leave him open means nothing. the guys is done. toast.
Paradise

Post#86 » by Paradise » Sun Mar 28, 2021 2:50 am

Prokorov wrote:
Paradise wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

he can hit wide open jumpers. awesome. the 1 thing we need the least. guys who can hit shots. we have 400 of those.

he is awful in every other apsect of basketball. a good game once in a blue moon when teams leave him open means nothing. the guys is done. toast.

Um, we do not have 400 of those. We still struggle to beat teams without two stars. We damn sure suck when resting three.

Claxton isn’t a Center and DJ is a waste of time. It’s a no brainer to add an actual Center that can pick and pop effectively and pass the ball.

You’re talking about a guy who can pull guys out to the perimeter if he’s hitting twos and threes.

Nobody else is doing that and now we shift Griffin to PF, Claxton to PF when needed, take TLC out of the equation. The final signing will determine if this is a direct plan for Embiid/AD in a series.

He will be a big hole we will be filling and I suspect he will also suddenly start balling out on both ends.

You can’t really debate this when Claxton was considered trash and a non factor for this team’s future when everyone said otherwise lol
GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Post#87 » by GTR11 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 2:53 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
GTR11 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

Twitter is on fire right now :rofl:

:(
Smells like hate in here.

Salty af.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#88 » by Prokorov » Sun Mar 28, 2021 2:58 am

Paradise wrote:Um, we do not have 400 of those.

I mean we do though.... Kyrie, Harden, TJ, Harris, Shamet, KD, Green, Griffin. These are all guys who shoot high percentage on high volume. and Harris/Kyrie/KD are among the very best in the entire league.

We still struggle to beat teams without two stars. We damn sure suck when resting three.

Because of defense. not scoring. not shooting. LMA is not going to switch on to small and stop him. or rotate to block a shot.
Claxton isn’t a Center and DJ is a waste of time. It’s a no brainer to add an actual Center that can pick and pop effectively and pass the ball.

I didnt think claxton was a center. he clearly is. and he is clearly out best center. DJ is an above avg backup at this point but he still has worth as a very good role man, screener, finsiher, and shot blocker. We have blake/green for pick and pop.

You’re talking about a guy who can pull guys out to the perimeter if he’s hitting twos and threes.

We have 400 of those

Nobody else is doing that and now we shift Griffin to PF, Claxton to PF when needed, take TLC out of the equation. The final signing will determine if this is a direct plan for Embiid/AD in a series.

Yeah the entire team is doing that. drawing opposing bigs out high is a complete non issue for this team.

He will be a big hole we will be filling and I suspect he will also suddenly start balling out on both ends.

What he does is literally the biggest strength we already had
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#89 » by Prokorov » Sun Mar 28, 2021 2:58 am

Paradise wrote:Um, we do not have 400 of those.

I mean we do though.... Kyrie, Harden, TJ, Harris, Shamet, KD, Green, Griffin. These are all guys who shoot high percentage on high volume. and Harris/Kyrie/KD are among the very best in the entire league.

We still struggle to beat teams without two stars. We damn sure suck when resting three.

Because of defense. not scoring. not shooting. LMA is not going to switch on to small and stop him. or rotate to block a shot.

I didnt think claxton was a center. he clearly is. and he is clearly out best center. DJ is an above avg backup at this point but he still has worth as a very good role man, screener, finsiher, and shot blocker. We have blake/green for pick and pop.

We have 400 of those

Yeah the entire team is doing that. drawing opposing bigs out high is a complete non issue for this team.

What he does is literally the biggest strength we already had
Paradise

Post#90 » by Paradise » Sun Mar 28, 2021 3:00 am

Damn. LeBron. 10 years later....look at us now.

Read on Twitter
Pablo Escobar
Head Coach
And1: 4,335

Post#91 » by Pablo Escobar » Sun Mar 28, 2021 3:04 am

Only thing lacking on your roster now is a lockdown defender. You have the offensive players to right the ship if things go left. Now you need that defensive equivalent.
Plata o Plomo?
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#92 » by Prokorov » Sun Mar 28, 2021 3:09 am

Pablo Escobar wrote:Only thing lacking on your roster now is a lockdown defender. You have the offensive players to right the ship if things go left. Now you need that defensive equivalent.

We had shump and roberson but shump got hurt and nash isnt going to play a 1-way defender. Bruce brown is solid, but i wouldnt call him a stopper.

Claxton is looking like an all-nba defender. really impressive in limited action.

Powell was the guy who could have helped. good enough offensively to warrant sitting harris while providing solid D.
Sharcm1
Veteran
And1: 688

Post#93 » by Sharcm1 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 3:16 am

Should the nets pick up Otto porter jr if he is waived.
HardenGoat
Analyst
And1: 2,445

Post#94 » by HardenGoat » Sun Mar 28, 2021 3:49 am

Sharcm1 wrote:Should the nets pick up Otto porter jr if he is waived.

I would. Give him TLC minutes
MGrand15
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,758

Post#95 » by MGrand15 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 4:05 am

Prokorov wrote:
MGrand15 wrote:Would've preferred a wing but if Aldridge is willng to accept a limited role, he can help. He should be the 3rd or 4th center - but honestly, DJ has been scary recently. Won't hurt to have a center that can shoot.

The real issue is that signing Blake and LMA makes it difficult for any coach to juggle. Claxton needs to play as much as possible. Green has been great this year. KD needs to play. That leaves only so many minutes at the 4/5 for 3 vets.

its not difficult.

claxton plays 28+ monutes and closes games.

DJ plays 10 minutes or more if he isnt awful

Blake/Green play if small ball seems to be advantageous given the matchup

LMA. never plays

Of course it's difficult. This isn't 2K. Blake and LMA could easily get DNPs if we're fully healthy. Are these former all stars - and still respected players gonna be happy? I hope so but we'll see.

I had the same concerns about Blake honestly. He seems to be fitting in well. Maybe LMA at center can give us more than we expect. It all depends on his defense. He'll be strictly a spot up shooter here and he's always been good at that.

Weird signing though. Claxton has been legit at C.
Kiddlovesnets
Sophomore
And1: 38

Post#96 » by Kiddlovesnets » Sun Mar 28, 2021 4:08 am

A solid pickup, at this age Lamarcus only wants to win a ring so he will be willing to do anything hes asked to. Now I just hope the Celtics or Knicks pick up Drummond so he wont go to the Lakers.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 12,871

Post#97 » by Hello Brooklyn » Sun Mar 28, 2021 4:24 am

Don't bother trying to argue with Prok guys. Once his mind is made up theres no reasoning with him.

Aldridge is a scrub who will play 0 minutes in a Nets uniform. Don't tell him otherwise!
therealbig3
RealGM
And1: 15,068

Post#98 » by therealbig3 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:58 am

I mean, I was told Griffin was awful and washed up and was one of the worst defensive players in the league...he's had legit impact in the two games he's played so far, and I'd say one of his best attributes in those 2 games has been his defense, in terms of his man defense, his switching, and his ability to take charges.

LMA is a big body that can score and block shots. His man defense is still legit. He's a good guy to have for matchups against skilled bigs, like Embiid or Davis. I also think a lot of his bad defense was because he was mailing it in, a lot like Griffin in Detroit.

High IQ vets that can still contribute, like Griffin and LMA, aren't just growing on trees, every contender would love to have guys like that for the playoffs, rather than have to trust some young player that has never been in a big spot before. Claxton has been awesome, but whenever he starts struggling (and he will, no doubt about it), it's a really nice luxury to have Griffin and Aldridge to bring in and trust them to execute. They've been there, done that, and are still capable players.

I'll gladly take Griffin and Aldridge over a guy like Drummond, that's for sure.
therealbig3
RealGM

Post#99 » by therealbig3 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:00 am

I mean, we've added two bigs in Griffin and Aldridge who are both less than 2 years removed from being All-Stars. Sure, their bodies may have aged and so they aren't the same guys anymore, but the skill level and IQ doesn't just disappear in that short of a time.
therealbig3
RealGM

Post#100 » by therealbig3 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:10 am

Fully healthy, we're looking at:

Kyrie/Harden/Harris/KD/DJ as the starting lineup. Off the bench, Claxton, Griffin, Brown, LMA, TJ, Shamet, and Green. TLC plays if there are injuries or it's a blowout.

I still like Claxton as the first C off the bench. I think LMA is strictly a C at this point. Griffin and Green are both capable of playing the stretch 4 role on both sides of the ball and can each play next to another big. I think 20-24 minutes for Claxton, and then splitting the other 24-28 minutes at C for DJ and LMA is fair. KD plays like 32-35 minutes, and splitting the other 13-16 minutes between Griffin and Green is also fair.

We now go 3 deep at PF, and 3 deep at C. I think ultimately, Green and DJ will see their minutes cut the most, as Griffin and LMA are just better players. Brown may also see his minutes cut, as he's best as a small ball big man, but we now have actual big men that can do what he does, and he isn't a good enough shooter to play on the perimeter.

Return to Brooklyn Nets