Image ImageImage Image

Who is the next target?

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

TyrusRose2425
Head Coach
And1: 4,589

Who is the next target? 

Post#1 » by TyrusRose2425 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:42 am

AK said we aren't done yet and he was clearly speaking about impact players and not minor bench players. So who would you like to see targeted next?

Lonzo Ball will probably be the most mentioned name out there. Other names off the top of my head are Bradley Beal, Victor Oladipo, Mike Conley, Jrue Holiday, Kyle Lowry, and Spencer Dinwiddie.

One name I had been thinking about that Homosapien mentioned the other day is Pascal Siakam, which I think is a situation worth monitoring.

Some of those guys are available via free agency and that will likely be the easiest way to add an important piece, but if we go the trade route, we need to build up some players trade values. Coby White and Markannen (S&T) are basically the two guys who can bring us something if they end on a high note. That's why I don't think either should see reduced roles and if anything try our hardest to get their stats up playing alongside Vucevic and his playmaking.
PlayerUp
Analyst
And1: 1,847

Re: Who is the next target? 

Post#2 » by PlayerUp » Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:37 am

Kawhi Leonard
ChettheJet
Head Coach
And1: 1,913

Post#3 » by ChettheJet » Sun Mar 28, 2021 3:34 pm

If Kawhi doesn't like cold weather and snow tires.

Evan Fournier would be one possibility at the SF long term
Demar DeRozan for 2 years at a reasonable price
Spencer Dinwiddie for less than people think he's worth
Norman Powell long term
Lonzo Ball
Kendrick Nunn
Goran Dragic one year
Derrick Rose one year
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,209

Post#4 » by Michael Jackson » Sun Mar 28, 2021 3:40 pm

Marcus Jordan. The Trophy Room is having some problems so I think he might be ready to come out of retirement like his father did. It might help the confidence of P Will beating up on Jordan in practice and since he is young enough maybe he won’t realize it’s Marcus if everyone just calls him MJ.
dice
RealGM
And1: 12,522

Post#5 » by dice » Sun Mar 28, 2021 6:47 pm

whatever superstar wants to play with a maxed out zach lavine and vucevic. can't be picky
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged
CobyWhite0
Rookie
And1: 819

Post#6 » by CobyWhite0 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:50 pm

dice wrote:whatever superstar wants to play with a maxed out zach lavine and vucevic. can't be picky

So I guess we're screwed this summer, because Zach won't be maxed out yet?
Chicago-Bull-E
RealGM
And1: 7,224

Post#7 » by Chicago-Bull-E » Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:57 pm

Ball, Siakim, Sabonis, Collins, Brogdon

Trade market will be pretty tough with the limited assets. Signing a player should be much easier.

Don’t forget trading a guy into another teams cap space with a small asset coming or going. Sending Coby, Thad, or Sato out this way shouldn’t be too difficult in order to get max cap space.
KC: Do you still think you're a championship-caliber team?
Gar: I never said that and correct me if I'm wrong
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,774

Post#8 » by WindyCityBorn » Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:19 pm

dice wrote:whatever superstar wants to play with a maxed out zach lavine and vucevic. can't be picky

Vuc only has $46 million left on his context for two years. That is a bargain just like Zach’s current deal.
kodo
RealGM
And1: 13,236

Post#9 » by kodo » Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:20 pm

I can see Derozan being high on the list.

Derozan averages more assists than Lonzo, is also a good defender, better scorer. Can play both guard or wing, and even plays PF at this point. Really fits the AK mold of an underrated veteran who passes well and plays positionless. When asked about the PG position, his response was "how do you define a PG?" and talked about a free flowing offense and facilitators who make guard play easier.

Ball's asking price may be too high for a guy who is entering FA, Pels wanted a good young player and a 1st round pick and we'd still have to outbid everyone else on Lonzo's contract on top of that. Basically they wanted 2/3 of what we used to get Vucevic, who is locked into a declining low 20s contract.

The fact that AK traded for Troy Brown also hints that he may like this type of player.
Chicago-Bull-E
RealGM
And1: 7,224

Post#10 » by Chicago-Bull-E » Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:40 pm

Also, if the 76ers fall flat on their faces, I’d do everything humanly possible to try and get Simmons, as his fit is pretty perfect at the 4.
KC: Do you still think you're a championship-caliber team?
Gar: I never said that and correct me if I'm wrong
dice
RealGM

Post#11 » by dice » Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:47 pm

WindyCityBorn wrote:

Vuc only has $46 million left on his context for two years. That is a bargain just like Zach’s current deal.

i didn't say anything about vucevic's deal, which i would agree is good value. but no star player is coming here for just next season. they would know full well that lavine will be getting a huge deal sooner rather than later
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged
Fastbrk4brkfast
General Manager
And1: 2,742

Post#12 » by Fastbrk4brkfast » Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:52 pm

May I suggest one of: Spencer Dinwiddie, Kyle Lowry, Derrick Rose?
Fastbrk4brkfast
General Manager
And1: 2,742

Post#13 » by Fastbrk4brkfast » Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:54 pm

ChettheJet wrote:If Kawhi doesn't like cold weather and snow tires.

Evan Fournier would be one possibility at the SF long term
Demar DeRozan for 2 years at a reasonable price
Spencer Dinwiddie for less than people think he's worth
Norman Powell long term
Lonzo Ball
Kendrick Nunn
Goran Dragic one year
Derrick Rose one year

Jimmy will do Goran actual physical harm if he leaves Miami.
Cabbage bulls
Senior
And1: 594

Post#14 » by Cabbage bulls » Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:54 pm

Kawhi Bortholomew Leonard.
Cabbage bulls
Senior

Post#15 » by Cabbage bulls » Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:05 pm

dice wrote:
WindyCityBorn wrote:

i didn't say anything about vucevic's deal, which i would agree is good value. but no star player is coming here for just next season. they would know full well that lavine will be getting a huge deal sooner rather than later

Yes, because if there is anything NBA stars truly hate, it is playing with other NBA stars.
dice
RealGM

Post#16 » by dice » Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:09 pm

Cabbage bulls wrote:
dice wrote:
WindyCityBorn wrote:

Yes, because if there is anything NBA stars truly hate, it is playing with other NBA stars.

well then the bulls better find had better find a legit one. a winner

name me one player who has said he'd love to play with zach lavine someday. here's the closest thing i can find:

https://pippenainteasy.com/2020/07/28/isaiah-thomas-wants-to-play-with-zach-lavine-chicago-bulls/
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,774

Post#17 » by WindyCityBorn » Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:17 pm

dice wrote:
Cabbage bulls wrote:
dice wrote:i didn't say anything about vucevic's deal, which i would agree is good value. but no star player is coming here for just next season. they would know full well that lavine will be getting a huge deal sooner rather than later

well then the bulls better find a legit one

name me one player who has said he'd love to play with zach lavine someday

We have no idea who Zach is friends with. I had no idea he was friends with Vuc already. He very well liked by players. Durant, Wade, Beal have sung his praises. Players ranked him high in all-star voting. What makes you think stars wouldn’t want to play with him?
dice
RealGM

Post#18 » by dice » Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:23 pm

WindyCityBorn wrote:
dice wrote:
Cabbage bulls wrote:Yes, because if there is anything NBA stars truly hate, it is playing with other NBA stars.

well then the bulls better find a legit one

We have no idea who Zach is friends with. I had no idea he was friends with Vuc already. He very well liked by players. Durant, Wade, Beal have sung his praises. Players ranked him high in all-star voting. What makes you think stars wouldn’t want to play with him?

i didn't say they actively DON'T want to play with him. i'm suggesting that nobody (other than isaiah thomas, apparently) are eager to

lebron selected jaylen brown over zach for his all-star team. brown is an excellent player, but i don't think that anyone is clamoring to play with him either
Cabbage bulls
Senior

Post#19 » by Cabbage bulls » Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:37 pm

dice wrote:
WindyCityBorn wrote:
dice wrote:well then the bulls better find a legit one

i didn't say they actively DON'T want to play with him. i'm suggesting that nobody (other than isaiah thomas, apparently) are eager to

lebron selected jaylen brown over zach for his all-star team. brown is an excellent player, but i don't think that anyone is clamoring to play with him either

So you're just talking out of your ass basically. Got it.
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,528

Post#20 » by DuckIII » Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:44 pm

I’d like the “target” to be exchanging Lauri for Ball somehow.

But at this point I think I’m done guessing what we’ll do. AK zigged so hard away from what I was expecting the zag options to be, that I have no idea what he has in mind.

I just know that for all this to make any sense he better have a plan to execute this summer. Because if this was it, we’re in trouble.
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Return to Chicago Bulls