ImageImageImage

Game 45: The Battle of the Bridges: Phoenix Suns (30-14) @ Charlotte Hornets (23-21) l Sunday l 10:00am l FSNAZ

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

JohnWall2
Junior
And1: 249

Re: Game 45: The Battle of the Bridges: Phoenix Suns (30-14) @ Charlotte Hornets (23-21) l Sunday l 10:00am l FSNAZ 

Post#261 » by JohnWall2 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:49 pm

Glad I missed this one, sounds like the 4th was another meltdown. It's our biggest weakness currently.
King4Day
RealGM
And1: 9,204

Re: Game 45: The Battle of the Bridges: Phoenix Suns (30-14) @ Charlotte Hornets (23-21) l Sunday l 10:00am l FSNAZ 

Post#262 » by King4Day » Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:56 pm

Just got back from the game. The RealGM app continues to be trash so I couldn't post images.

- Fun game but we all saw this coming. Big lead, blow big lead, hope to hang on.

- I don't buy that we would have been mauled if Ball and Monk played. Our D was pretty good today, even after their hot start from 3. Other players who stepped up from them, on both ends, don't get the same minutes and looks if fully healthy. We never know what would have happened.

- We're in the middle of a long road trip. Just have to hang in there and learn while we (hopefully) get some wins.

- Monty needs to get these guys to stop with ISO ball at the end. Charlotte doesn't suddenly clamp down on defense. The reason is because we aren't moving the ball anymore.

- The first half showed how bad we needed a backup big. That has to be a key item for the offseason. Or, have Jalen Smith start to play if he's ready.
Ayton did a good job grabbing some rebounds in traffic in the 2nd half. He had a nice game but they need to get him the ball more in the post when these mismatches are happening.

Side note: I though it was cool to see how much fun these guys are having and how much they like each other. Galloway and Payne seem to have a connection. Smith gave the entire team a high-five / hug, before the game. They were having guys who don't dunk try to dunk during shoot around and had fun with it.
"Sometimes, the dragon wins" #RallyTheValley
SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,394

Post#263 » by SunsRback4Good » Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:56 pm

JohnWall2 wrote:Glad I missed this one, sounds like the 4th was another meltdown. It's our biggest weakness currently.

Be glad you missed our 16 point lead with 7 min remaining and blowing the lead. Half the board almost got a heart attack.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,368

Post#264 » by bwgood77 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:03 pm

Slim Charless wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
pj0tr wrote:
Its like some of you forgot you have games like this during an NBA season. Good lord.

Remember early in the season when everyone panicked about the Suns late game offense?

And then they fixed it before the All-Star break?

And after 3 straight games its broken again?

Give it a rest already.

They've been sloppy, especially today...but it was 10 am for them. Lets see what happens next, but this doesn't currently look at all like a team that can win a series in the playoffs...heck, in most of their games. We rarely blow out teams like Utah and the Clippers do.

I was talking about the Clippers. I have little faith in their inside game as Serge is washed imo, Pandemic P is still lurking and I really don't have much faith in Lue to make the right adjustments. I stand by my statement that if LAC gets Denver or Portland in lets say a 4-5 or 3-6 matchup, I think they lose. A healthy Nurk is nightmare for such a little team and that goes double for them if they play Joker (my MVP so far). Both teams have more then enough perimeter players to make Kawhi and PG13 work, Pat Bev helps but he's useless on offense.

As far as the Suns are concerned, I've stated my opinion on that. I think we should make it into the 2nd and hopefully give our opponent a battle there. Anything after that is gravy.

I take it you are responding to pj0tr here....my response was to his post...I responded directly to your post above about the Clippers.
TeamTragic
General Manager
And1: 5,828

Post#265 » by TeamTragic » Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:26 pm

SunsRback4Good wrote:
JohnWall2 wrote:Glad I missed this one, sounds like the 4th was another meltdown. It's our biggest weakness currently.

Be glad you missed our 16 point lead with 7 min remaining and blowing the lead. Half the board almost got a heart attack.

How are we still blowing leads in the fourth quarter? This is **** ridiculous.

Crowder and Cam with garbage games. Saric not looking great either.

Either Paul or Monty need to reel this team in.
Slim Charless
General Manager
And1: 6,149

Post#266 » by Slim Charless » Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:29 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
Slim Charless wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
They've been sloppy, especially today...but it was 10 am for them. Lets see what happens next, but this doesn't currently look at all like a team that can win a series in the playoffs...heck, in most of their games. We rarely blow out teams like Utah and the Clippers do.

I was talking about the Clippers. I have little faith in their inside game as Serge is washed imo, Pandemic P is still lurking and I really don't have much faith in Lue to make the right adjustments. I stand by my statement that if LAC gets Denver or Portland in lets say a 4-5 or 3-6 matchup, I think they lose. A healthy Nurk is nightmare for such a little team and that goes double for them if they play Joker (my MVP so far). Both teams have more then enough perimeter players to make Kawhi and PG13 work, Pat Bev helps but he's useless on offense.

As far as the Suns are concerned, I've stated my opinion on that. I think we should make it into the 2nd and hopefully give our opponent a battle there. Anything after that is gravy.

I take it you are responding to pj0tr here....my response was to his post...I responded directly to your post above about the Clippers.

I was trying to response to both of you guys. I don't like they got rondo but idk if he can stay with Dame and they have no one for Nurkic. KL will handle CJ but they need him to do that and score to keep up. Losing Lou hurts their bench scoring and Reggie is very streaky. Carmelo can still go off for 30 at any given time.

The PG13 Dame grudge match is nice to see too. That's the 1st round match-up I really wanna see tbh. I hope they meet up, should be a good series. I'll take a healthy Blazer team.
Jdiddy701
RealGM
And1: 6,542

Post#267 » by Jdiddy701 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:45 pm

Read on Twitter

The rule says this is not And 1, I personally think the rule needs to change. Players should be rewarded for plays like this. Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SunsRback4Good
RealGM

Post#268 » by SunsRback4Good » Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:26 pm

Jdiddy701 wrote:
Read on Twitter

The rule says this is not And 1, I personally think the rule needs to change. Players should be rewarded for plays like this. Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EJ was saying a few games ago how the rules changed and players no longer are rewarded for and1. That's what made the game more beautiful with and1's plays from Kobe, Vince, Tmac, Iverson and many more. Hope the league brings it back cause it adds more excitement to the game along with fast break without constant fouling.
Keith_myath
Pro Prospect
And1: 589

Post#269 » by Keith_myath » Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:37 pm

I wasn't getting up at 3am to watch this, and I'm glad I did.

I see it was yet another game where Booker plays like he thinks he's an unstoppable god in ISO ball and, like night follows day, he boneheaded it up and nearly lost the game. But he has great stats so all his points will be on the NBA FB page and he can sit in his hotel room all afternoon with them on repeat ignoring all his coaches and teammates who want to keep telling him he's **** at ISO and he's a liability if he doesn't want to pass the ball.

Rinse, repeat for next game.
Adrao
Junior
And1: 195

Post#270 » by Adrao » Sun Mar 28, 2021 11:07 pm

We are not contenders and the last two matches showed it.
Slim Charless
General Manager
And1: 6,149

Post#271 » by Slim Charless » Sun Mar 28, 2021 11:28 pm

Keith_myath wrote:I wasn't getting up at 3am to watch this, and I'm glad I did.

I see it was yet another game where Booker plays like he thinks he's an unstoppable god in ISO ball and, like night follows day, he boneheaded it up and nearly lost the game. But he has great stats so all his points will be on the NBA FB page and he can sit in his hotel room all afternoon with them on repeat ignoring all his coaches and teammates who want to keep telling him he's **** at ISO and he's a liability if he doesn't want to pass the ball.

3am? Ru in Australia or Japan
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,158

Post#272 » by Revived » Sun Mar 28, 2021 11:40 pm

Adrao wrote:We are not contenders and the last two matches showed it.

If anyone thought we were contenders even before the last 2 games, then they simply don’t know much about NBA basketball.

Teams like us and the Jazz lead the conference in wins because of being incredibly lucky health wise while every other team in the West has had significant injuries to one or more players.

Still we’ve come a long way from being the joke of the league to being in the playoff picture. Really hope we don’t get swept in the 1st round and put up a strong fight.
Mulhollanddrive
RealGM
And1: 7,912

Post#273 » by Mulhollanddrive » Sun Mar 28, 2021 11:58 pm

Let's say we aren't contenders, would you want to play the Lakers to get the best experience of playoff basketball?
BobbieL
RealGM
And1: 6,785

Post#274 » by BobbieL » Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:20 am

Revived wrote:

If anyone thought we were contenders even before the last 2 games, then they simply don’t know much about NBA basketball.

Teams like us and the Jazz lead the conference in wins because of being incredibly lucky health wise while every other team in the West has had significant injuries to one or more players.

Still we’ve come a long way from being the joke of the league to being in the playoff picture. Really hope we don’t get swept in the 1st round and put up a strong fight.

Never thought we were contenders. Just happy to be playing winning basketball and very good odds to make the playoffs without the play-in game. Which would be a big time improvement. And yes, getting to the playoffs and not getting swept - making taking a series to 6 or 7 games would be solid work.
King4Day
RealGM
And1: 9,204

Post#275 » by King4Day » Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:32 am

I do think we are contenders. Very small chance, but they are still finding ways to win tough games. Charlotte is no slouch. Even Paul made big mistakes.
I'd be happy if we at least reach round 2. I'd be disappointed with anything less.
"Sometimes, the dragon wins" #RallyTheValley
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,368

Post#276 » by bwgood77 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:34 am

BobbieL wrote:
Revived wrote:

Never thought we were contenders. Just happy to be playing winning basketball and very good odds to make the playoffs without the play-in game. Which would be a big time improvement. And yes, getting to the playoffs and not getting swept - making taking a series to 6 or 7 games would be solid work.

I think we should get a top 5 seed. I think the Lakers are 6th. Might be best for us if we get 4/5 since we don't have the size for the Lakers. If we can get Denver or Portland in a 4/5 matchup that might be ideal...then if we can somehow advance meet the Jazz. I think these will be the best barometers for us since our teams are all around the same age....though in a few years we may drop off unless we've addressed PG.

538 has the Clippers as the best chance of winning the finals 22%, with the Nets at 19%. It has us at 5%.
JohnWall2
Junior
And1: 249

Post#277 » by JohnWall2 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:45 am

Keith_myath wrote:I wasn't getting up at 3am to watch this, and I'm glad I did.

I have this awful feeling he's gonna Westbrook us in the playoffs
TouchPassDario
Pro Prospect
And1: 338

Post#278 » by TouchPassDario » Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:20 am

GoranTragic wrote:
SunsRback4Good wrote:

How are we still blowing leads in the fourth quarter? This is **** ridiculous.

Crowder and Cam with garbage games. Saric not looking great either.

Either Paul or Monty need to reel this team in.

Lol anti-Goran hater account.

Sarver is golden now too gtfooh
SunsRback4Good
RealGM

Post#280 » by SunsRback4Good » Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:32 am

TouchPassDario wrote:We are 3rd in SRS. Pipe down, children.

That's all nice and dandy but this team is far from perfect despite being 3rd in SRS. The last two games showed how fragile Book & CP3 were down the stretch. I expect that from a young Booker whose been on losing squads his whole nba career but not from our floor general in CP3. Both were missing shots and committing stupid to's. But I believe this last few games are on Monty and he better change things up if another close game comes within the horizon.

Return to Phoenix Suns